• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure I Designed Website For The Gurudwara Here!

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I am so happy :)

I saw that the website for our gurudwara was a bit dated and having learned a new web design tool, and having background in graphic arts (outside of the military I have my degree) I decided to play with the site. I was worried that they might not like it but turns out the 'cybrarian' and past pres. actually really liked it and is going to use my design.

Until the files can be FTP'd to the actual website at maritimesikhsociety.com I have put it on a temporary domain I own and use just for storing files on the web. You can view here:

www.factor-x.ca

(apparently he did try to copy the files off my server, but the code didn't copy over correctly... so it's 'partially' on the maritimesikhsociety server now...)

The actual content was copied pretty much directly from the original site... I just reformatted to fit the design I made using an iframe. So I did not write any of the articles etc. The two images used in the design were labelled as royalty free on the web.

edit: There will be more content on the main page... but he has to write something for it first...
Also he made me put my name as web designer... I didn't want to because I didn't do it for recognition, I just wanted to do something for the sangat. So I put my initials instead.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Very nice akasha ji

The site is tidy and easy to navigate. Everything is sharp and readable. Nothing is worse than a cluttered site, and you have a good balance between information and clear reading.

p/s Maybe you will be able to convince the people in charge to add a photo album of the gurdwara, sangat and exciting/inspiring moments. If they don't have pictures, could be that members of the sangat would be willing to send some for you to upload.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Very nice akasha ji

p/s Maybe you will be able to convince the people in charge to add a photo album of the gurdwara, sangat and exciting/inspiring moments. If they don't have pictures, could be that members of the sangat would be willing to send some for you to upload.

I have actually thought of that! But right now they don't have any... I literally copied the pages they already had, and put them into the new format. But if they send me some pics it would be easy to post them in a gallery... or even on the main page as pics from events etc. I do have one recently where the same 'cybrarian' and past president got an award. I took a photo but it was a bit blurry on my cell. But for example, that could have been a nice blurb on the main page with the date, and a headline stating that he received an award from the Indo Canadian Association. I will mention it...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
nice design :)

I do quite a bit of web design myself...let me know if there is any way i can assist.

Thanks

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: