• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How To Recognize A Fake Preacher/Pop Up Guru/Fake Baba Etc

Aug 28, 2010
WHAT IT IS THAT MAKES A GURU A GURU? {Post refe CASPIAN Jis}

Very important to know this. IT IS GUR THAT MAKES A GURU.
In other words GURU is the BODY of the GUR.
This can be known from SGGS .

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
WHAT IT IS THAT MAKES A GURU A GURU? {Post refe CASPIAN Jis}

Very important to know this. IT IS GUR THAT MAKES A GURU.
In other words GURU is the BODY of the GUR.
This can be known from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji .

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash S. Bagga ji you quote this quite often. I can kind of make it but really appreciate if you start a thread or something to fully describe this for everyone.

I assume you mean it to be,

"Bani Guru, Guru hai Bani, wich Bani ...."
(Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the scripture, and the scripture is also the Guru ...)

I would really value your clarification and exposition in a bit of detail.

Thank you.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,

I certainly get to your point.
I may not be good in giving a start of thread if you can assist me i can contribute to the contents.
I am sure you are from India and you must be familiar with the importance of grammer in the language.You must be familiar how a word is SINGULAR or PLURAL NOUN/ADJECTIVE,Masculine/Faminine etc
The same thing is applicable to the language of Gurbaani.We need to recognise this pattern of classification of words in Gurbaani.That is all.There is a very very simple formula for this in Gurbaani which we are omitting and it is this consideration that makes the differences in our individuals interpretations.

Second important point I would like to bring to your kind notice is that surprisingly the required gramatical indications in English version of SGGS do not exist as in Gurmukhi version of SGGS.This further gives rise to confusion and it becomes difficult to identify the grammer of the word
For example
In Gurmukhi version of SGGS you will find there are three words as GURU...GURu and GUR whereas in English version we have only two as GURU..GUR.Now you can visualise yourself in such circumstances how we can come to clear understanding of Gurbaani.

I personally feel somewhere we have missed the HIGHWAY in Gurbaani understanding
so we should try to come back to this HIGHWAY of proper understandind of Gurbaanias per gramatical indications of Gurbaani words given by our GURU ARJAN DEV Ji.

Now I come to your quote .
If we look at correct words according to Gurmukhi version of Gurbaani the Quote should beas

"BANi GURUGURU HAE BANI VICH BANI AMRIT SAARE
GURu BANI KAHE SEWAK JAN MAANE PRATAKH GURU NISTARE"

In theabove verse it is important to know the following
In the first line the word GURUGURU
in the second linethe words are GURu and again a word GURU

The exact interpretation is certainly related to the grammer of the words.

So I consider the interpretation of above as BANI is GURUGURU and this is GURu where in GURU is there to clear us off .

I would therefore request you to recognise the way words are classified as SINGULAR /PLURAL. in Gurbaani then we may have better going in understanding

With best wishes

Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,

According to the verse BANI has been reffered as GUR not GURU.You can yourself verify this fact from SGGS that nowhere BANI is being reffered as GURU BANI .
BANI is always reffered as GUR BANI.

The problem is related to a fact that we do not differentiate in the words GUR and GURU.This needs to be analysed why it is SO?

I am of the view that there should be certainly difference in the reference meanings of thewords GUR and GURU as grammer of these two words is different.I seek your opinion regarding this.

With best wishes

Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: