Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

How to change small letters into capital letters?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Blinda, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. Blinda

    Blinda
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi All,

    I have some one do the data entry for me, but all the text information was
    entered in small letters. Can anyone help to find a way for me to change them
    into capital? Thank you,

    Blinda
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Michael H

    Michael H
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Blinda,

    The UCase function will convert a string into all upper case, if that is
    what you want.

    If instead you are talking about Proper Case, that's a bit more complicated.
    There is an excellent Proper Case function sample at Roger's Access Library:
    http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
    Look in "Other Developer Libraries" under McAfee, David.

    -Michael



    "Blinda" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have some one do the data entry for me, but all the text information was
    > entered in small letters. Can anyone help to find a way for me to change them
    > into capital? Thank you,
    >
    > Blinda
     
  4. jleckrone@hotmail.com

    jleckrone@hotmail.com
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Create an update query and chose the column in the table you want to
    change. In the Update To row type Format([YourColumnName], ">"). Run
    the query and your text will be all caps.
     
  5. Blinda

    Blinda
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thanks. It works perfectly.

    "jleckrone@hotmail.com" wrote:

    > Create an update query and chose the column in the table you want to
    > change. In the Update To row type Format([YourColumnName], ">"). Run
    > the query and your text will be all caps.
    >
    >
     
  6. Blinda

    Blinda
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi Michael,

    Thank you so much. Could you please tell me how/where to use this function?
    Tks,

    Blinda

    "Michael H" wrote:

    > Blinda,
    >
    > The UCase function will convert a string into all upper case, if that is
    > what you want.
    >
    > If instead you are talking about Proper Case, that's a bit more complicated.
    > There is an excellent Proper Case function sample at Roger's Access Library:
    > http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com
    > Look in "Other Developer Libraries" under McAfee, David.
    >
    > -Michael
    >
    >
    >
    > "Blinda" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have some one do the data entry for me, but all the text information was
    > > entered in small letters. Can anyone help to find a way for me to change them
    > > into capital? Thank you,
    > >
    > > Blinda
     

Share This Page