• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Sweet Is Wahiguru! What Wahiguru Can Do And How One Can Comprehend

Aug 28, 2010
From Gurbani we can verify that Simran is an exclusive activity related to the state of Mind/Man always remaining in unison with Naamu of Prabh.We can give a thought to a quote as
"Naamaa Kahae Tilochanaa Mukh Te Raamu Samhali
Haath Paau Kari KaamuSabhu CheetuNiranjan Naali pp1376 Sggs

Thus it should be clear from the above message that Simran is an independent of all ones physical activities.

Ishana Ji the Sabad with an example of kite is at pp 972 in SGGS. The whole Sabad is giving the message about the state of Simran with different physical activities.

This sabad is Bani Naamdeu Jeeo kee Raam kalee Ghur 1.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Ishna ji very well said indeed. Same is true for Naam Jap. People take it as single dimensional chanting or meditating on such. This is so far from the truth that such needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. It ranges anywhere from don't go forward till you understand where you are at, don't call my name try to understand, understanding is above all and our Guru ji wrote it for understanding not just for reciting. The sweetness of reciting after understanding has its own taste that can not be replicated by just recitation.

Some very honest and direct people post their age here at spn. I sometimes feel for them but don't want to offend by being direct.
Ambarsaria ji, I recall when you first joined the forum, you and I had quite a heated exchange about naam japna to the point where bits of fur may have been on the forum floor! kaurhugNo worries, winds of time have a way of getting rid of such mundahug

It is mind-blowing when you understand Gurbani, it becomes impossible to not recite it with love and absolute-ness. Just speaking the words can seem hollow -- I think there had been another thread dedicated to that called 'Shallow reading' or some such. (Oh I remember it so well the thread Bhagat Singh ji I believe started! Brilliant man but I sometimes differ.) I will link when I have more time.

Why would you you offend anyone because of their age? Are you saying I'm young and whimsical? :p

Ish
Ishna ji I feel bad for people 50+. Not hard fast rule though. If I see a younger person with brilliant mind (my guess estimate) getting lost foundationally, I feel bad too. I love people to see creation, feel creation and experience through all senses, understand creation and love the same. There is so much brilliance around that me included we have a tendency to get bogged down with less than perfect.

Now all this hugg fest aside, I want to ask you a personal question and you don't need to answer it or even acknowledge it. Is it in your family (like parenst, uncles and aunts, siblings, etc.) to have the great wisdom gene? Your parents great thinkers, straight talkers or such, theologians, teachers or Irish (Irish are just blessed from my experiences). I used to state and I still say that the greatest gift parents can pass on to their children is a great and free mind. I am forever thankful to my parents just even for less than perfect gift of that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
HARRY HALLER Ji,
I fully agree with your views but at the same time you will appreciate that it is the knowledge of Naamu from Gurbani that shall enable your phyisical form to accept the authority of the light within..This is the real effect of Gurbani and for this effect to take place GuRu is advising us the Simran of Gurmati Raam Naamu /Hari Naamu only.

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.s.Bagga ji in all seriousness (peacesign japposatnamwaheguru: :tablakudi: ), I ask the following,

• Who came first: Raamu, Naamu, Shammu or Gyani Jarnail Singh ji!
Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Who came first ,anyone should be able to know from Gurbani .Regarding this GuRu ji is telling as

1.....Aapine Aap salio Aapine Racheio Naau.......Asaa Di Vaar

2...Naame hee Te Subh Kich Hoaa Binu SatiGuRu Naamu Na JaaPe...pp753

GuRu ji is giving us very clear messages that Every thing is created from Naamu and there is nothing without Naamu which is refered as Adi Sachu,Jugaadi Sachu Hae Bhi Sachu Nanak Hossi Bhi Sachu.....
For any one to decide who came first.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Who came first ,anyone should be able to know from Gurbani .Regarding this GuRu ji is telling as

GuRu ji is giving us very clear messages that Every thing is created from Naamu and there is nothing without Naamu which is refered as Adi Sachu,Jugaadi Sachu Hae Bhi Sachu Nanak Hossi Bhi Sachu.....

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.s.bagga ji would the following be correct,

Nammu = Creator

If the above is not correct please tell us what word for Nammu. Or if the answer that there is no word in English for "Nammu" then we need to create one as it is a dis-service to lot of English readers of the forums at spn. We need to help each other not through a reference to every question as a tuk reference.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I don't mean to butt in, but I don't think there is a translation for Naam(u) in any language really... my understanding is that it's a word for something which is beyond description... the Divine Identity, the Truth, the True Reality, etc. I could be way off but thought I'd put it out there.

Ambarsaria said:
I want to ask you a personal question and you don't need to answer it or even acknowledge it. Is it in your family (like parenst, uncles and aunts, siblings, etc.) to have the great wisdom gene?

Hmm, I don't think so. I think I have regular parents. Regular parents and a very disfunctional family!! I'm a bit of the odd-one-out, most of my family are atheists or "spiritual" and think I'm a bit strange. Apparently one of my great uncles was a Methodist priest/pastor/thingy though, so I figure that's where my "God obsession" comes from. :grinningkaur:

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I understand you are fully conversant with the gammatical indications of Gurbani words in Gurmukhi Script.
You can verify yourself that we do not give any significance to the matras Aukad and Sihari.in version english.
You will appreciate the fact that these two matras are vital for the understanding of the true meanings of Gurbani words

I english version how thiese matras can be indicated with the words so that the reader can know about the direction of the meaning according to relevent matra.

Just for emphasising the existence of matra Aukad in the word Naam putting small u with the letter M can serve as the indication of relevent matra. Similarly small i can serve the indication for the matra of Sihari.
It is important to know why these two matras seem to have been ommitted in english version.We should find some way for indication of these matras if we are really serious in ubderstanding the true meanings of Gurbani messages.

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
prakash.s.bagga ji thanks. Then perhaps we should stop using it in English descriptions and provide complete Shabad context. Otherwise it is just of no use in an English post beyond the handful here who post and can make it out in Punjabi as well.

Please think of the audience as it is beyond you and me and these posts become cryptic and useless to many perhaps useful to few.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
we should stick to Gurmukhi version only

Prakash.s.Bagga ji this is an English forum. That is why we keep requesting please post complete Shabads and elements from Srigranth.org. If you don't agree with any parts there you can then flag it too for all of us. Perhaps it will lead to better English translations along the way for benefit of many. This will be a great service as you have absolutely great knowledge of Gurbani but not everyone does.

Imagine if Guru ji gave you a Tuk and not the whole Shabad how lost you and all of us would be?

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji ,my persnoal request pl dont manupulate the words.
I alwayswrite Naamu not as you are mentioning.If I would have written anywhere Nammu then you may be right in your thinking.

Prakash.S.Bagga

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/gurma...-wahiguru-what-wahiguru-can-5.html#post150591
Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I don't mean to butt in, but I don't think there is a translation for Naam(u) in any language really... my understanding is that it's a word for something which is beyond description... the Divine Identity, the Truth, the True Reality, etc. I could be way off but thought I'd put it out there.

Ambarsaria said:

Hmm, I don't think so. I think I have regular parents. Regular parents and a very disfunctional family (Not)!! I'm a bit of the odd-one-out, most of my family are atheists or "spiritual" and think I'm a bit strange. Apparently one of my great uncles was a Methodist priest/pastor/thingy though, so I figure that's where my "God obsession" comes from. :grinningkaur:
Thank you for answering.

You have a wonderful family of free thinkers. Everyone is unique in creation, sometimes familiar does not appeal as special when they may be. Another mystery of humanity, how familiarity can at times be barrier to communication as we make many assumptions and second guess.
Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
AMBARSARIA Ji,
I consider myself only a small servant of BaaBaa Nanaku.Nothing more than this.
Since I have been with the Sangat of SGGS for the past nearly 30 years.I am only trying to share my observations which have helped in changing my understanding of Gurbani messages.
If my sharing of views gives any benifit to anyone in any way it will be the grace of SatiGuRu only.My own claim is always zero.
My only request to you is that you are fully capable of understanding what is right or what is wrong.therefore you can see how in englsh the originalty of Gurbani words can be maintained and come out with the best standard format for tranlitration.
I find that SGGS in Devnagri lipi ,the words are as same as in Gurmukhi .As a matter of fact why should there be need to present script both in English and Gurmukhi,Somewhere we do realise that ultimately Gurmukhi script is required with english script to know the correct word of Gurbani .
Doing so may appear difficult but it not impossible I feel So.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Prakashji

If I may be so bold, I did outline a question on a post that I did not understand, I still do not understand, not the the concept of simran, but simran in the way you have described, as I felt your words confusing.

You are the also the first person I have ever come across to use the spelling baabaa as in baabaa black sheep, I have scoured google, and you seem the only person in the entire world to use this spelling.

I sense much wisdom in you, much enlightenment, I do not understand how someone as enlightened and wise as your good self is unable to grasp the damage you do to your ability to communicate this wisdom by stretching the grammar issue as far as you do. Is it because the light is in the grammar? are you slowly going to add more 'a's and 'u's to every sentence til we are all speaking goblidigook, or even gooobligooku,

Please do not throw away the chance to help us all see what you can see by inviting confusion, it dilutes you and the message you are trying to convey

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Prakashji,

I have a huge interest in this discussion, and a huge interest in what you are trying to tell us, if I could ask that you try and keep to given words, unless there is a reason for changing of grammar, that would simplify things for me, otherwise I will end up looking for meanings every time you choose to deviate from what we understand as normal,

thank you

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am going to apologize to everyone here discussing phonetics. But it is an issue that has continually derailed conversations, and explanations when requested have never been given by the poster. If your comment in reply to Prakash S. Bagga was deleted, I am sorry. However, the consequences of continuing on this path have been on alert on many threads here.

Aug 28, 2010
SPNADMIN Ji,
It would be better if you start a separate thread as Significance of Grammer in Gurbani understanding" so that only persons interested can interact on the subject.
This way we can avoid such unpleasant situations where messages are required to be deleted.
This is my suggestion only.
Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: