• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Should We Worship And Adore Him?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
How should we worship and adore Him. This thread brings wisdom from Gurbani to help us know. We should long to be the servant of His servants, the slave of His slaves. We should call upon Him reverently in prayer. To offer these prayers, we may meet the Guru, we may find peace.
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma][/FONT]
rwgu sUhI AstpdIAw mhlw 4 Gru 2

[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]raag soohee asatpadee-aa mehlaa 4 ghar 2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Raag Soohee, Ashtpadeeaa, Fourth Mehla, Second House:[/FONT]

<> siqgur pRswid ]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru: [/FONT]

koeI Awix imlwvY myrw pRIqmu ipAwrw hau iqsu pih Awpu vycweI ]1]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]ko-ee aan milaavai mayraa pareetam pi-aaraa ha-o tis peh aap vaychaa-ee. ||1|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. ||1||[/FONT]

drsnu hir dyKx kY qweI ]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]darsan har daykhan kai taa-ee. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. [/FONT]

ikrpw krih qw siqguru mylih hir hir nwmu iDAweI ]1] rhwau ]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]kirpaa karahi taa satgur mayleh har har naam Dhi-aa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. ||1||Pause||[/FONT]

jy suKu dyih q quJih ArwDI duiK BI quJY iDAweI ]2]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jay sukh deh ta tujheh araaDhee dukh bhee tujhai Dhi-aa-ee. ||2|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2||[/FONT]

jy BuK dyih q ieq hI rwjw duK ivic sUK mnweI ]3]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jay bhukh deh ta it hee raajaa dukh vich sookh manaa-ee. ||3|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. ||3||[/FONT]

qnu mnu kwit kwit sBu ArpI ivic AgnI Awpu jlweI ]4]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]tan man kaat kaat sabh arpee vich agnee aap jalaa-ee. ||4|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. ||4||[/FONT]

pKw PyrI pwxI Fovw jo dyvih so KweI ]5]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]pakhaa fayree paanee dhovaa jo dayveh so khaa-ee. ||5|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. ||5||[/FONT]

nwnku grIbu Fih pieAw duAwrY hir myil lYhu vifAweI ]6]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]naanak gareeb dheh pa-i-aa du-aarai har mayl laihu vadi-aa-ee. ||6|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord’s Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. ||6||[/FONT]

AKI kwiF DrI crxw qil sB DrqI iPir mq pweI ]7]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]akhee kaadh Dharee charnaa tal sabh Dhartee fir mat paa-ee. ||7|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. ||7||[/FONT]

jy pwis bhwlih qw quJih ArwDI jy mwir kFih BI iDAweI ]8]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jay paas bahaaleh taa tujheh araaDhee jay maar kadheh bhee Dhi-aa-ee. ||8|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. ||8||[/FONT]

jy loku slwhy qw qyrI aupmw jy inMdY q Coif n jweI ]9]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jay lok salaahay taa tayree upmaa jay nindai ta chhod na jaa-ee. ||9|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. ||9||[/FONT]

jy quDu vil rhY qw koeI ikhu AwKau quDu ivsirAY mir jweI ]10]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jay tuDh val rahai taa ko-ee kihu aakha-o tuDh visri-ai mar jaa-ee. ||10|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. ||10||[/FONT]

vwir vwir jweI gur aUpir pY pYrI sMq mnweI ]11]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]vaar vaar jaa-ee gur oopar pai pairee sant manaa-ee. ||11|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. ||11||[/FONT]

nwnku ivcwrw BieAw idvwnw hir qau drsn kY qweI ]12]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]naanak vichaaraa bha-i-aa divaanaa har ta-o darsan kai taa-ee. ||12|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. ||12||[/FONT]

JKVu JwgI mIhu vrsY BI guru dyKx jweI ]13]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]jhakharh jhaagee meehu varsai bhee gur daykhan jaa-ee. ||13|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. ||13||[/FONT]

smuMdu swgru hovY bhu Kwrw gurisKu lMiG gur pih jweI ]14]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]samund saagar hovai baho khaaraa gursikh langh gur peh jaa-ee. ||14|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. ||14||[/FONT]

ijau pRwxI jl ibnu hY mrqw iqau isKu gur ibnu mir jweI ]15]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]ji-o paraanee jal bin hai martaa ti-o sikh gur bin mar jaa-ee. ||15|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. ||15||[/FONT]

ijau DrqI soB kry jlu brsY iqau isKu gur imil ibgsweI ]16]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]ji-o Dhartee sobh karay jal barsai ti-o sikh gur mil bigsaa-ee. ||16|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. ||16||[/FONT]

syvk kw hoie syvku vrqw kir kir ibnau bulweI ]17]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]sayvak kaa ho-ay sayvak vartaa kar kar bin-o bulaa-ee. ||17|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. ||17||[/FONT]

nwnk kI bynMqI hir pih gur imil gur suKu pweI ]18]
[FONT=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial]naanak kee baynantee har peh gur mil gur sukh paa-ee. ||18|| [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma]Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. ||18||[/FONT]

Guru Ram Das Dev ji
Ang 757

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
This is fine-tuning towards God. While living as a mortal, the heart and soul forever lives in search (yeaning) to Union with the Creator.

gurmuiK swcy kw Bau pwvY ] (941-4, rwmklI, mÚ 1)gurmukh saachay kaa bha-o paavai.
The Gurmukh lives in the Fear of God, the True Lord.
gurmuiK bwxI AGVu GVwvY ] (941-4, rwmklI, mÚ 1)gurmukh banee agharh gharhaavai.
Through the Word of the Guru's Bani, the Gurmukh refines the unrefined.
gurmuiK inrml hir gux gwvY ] (941-5, rwmklI, mÚ 1)gurmukh nirmal har gun gaavai.
The Gurmukh sings the immaculate, Glorious Praises of the Lord.
gurmuiK pivqRü prm pdu pwvY ] (941-5, rwmklI, mÚ 1)gurmukh pavitar param pad paavai.
The Gurmukh attains the supreme, sanctified status.
gurmuiK roim roim hir iDAwvY ] (941-5, rwmklI, mÚ 1)gurmukh rom rom har Dhi-aavai.
The Gurmukh meditates on the Lord with every hair of his body.
nwnk gurmuiK swic smwvY ]27] (941-6, rwmklI, mÚ 1)naanak gurmukh saach samaavai. ||27||
O Nanak, the Gurmukh merges in Truth. ||27||

(Source: Sidh Gost)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
For much of Guru Nanak's life he traveled extensively, preaching his message of love and devotion to the one God. One example of these teachings and travels will have to suffice for the present endeavor.

Guru Nanak once visited Jagannatha Puri note 26., one of Hinduism's four holiest mandirs note 27.. As usual, he did not visit as a votary, but "to teach the people that the worship of God was superior to the worship of the deity" (SR 37, emphasis theirs). The high priest recognized Nanak and invited him to take part in the artik or ceremony. Nanak declined, which outraged the priests. He replied by raising his eyes to heaven and uttering a most beautiful Sabad (divine utterance). This Sabad reflects the Sikh view of God nicely:
The sun and moon, O Lord, are Thy lamps; the firmament​

Thy salver; the orbs of the stars, the pearls encased in it.​

The perfume of the sandal [tree] is Thine incense; the wind is Thy fan;​

all the forests are Thy flowers, O Lord of light.​

What worship is this, O Thou Destroyer of birth?​

Unbeaten strains of ecstasy are the trumpets of Thy worship.​

Thou hast a thousand eyes and yet not one eye;​

Thou hast a thousand forms and yet not one form;​

Thou hast a thousand pure feet and yet not one foot;​

Thou hast a thousand organs of smell and yet not one organ​

I am fascinated by this play of Thine.​

The Light which is in everything is Thine, O Lord of Light.​

From its brilliancy everything is brilliant;​

By the Guru's teaching the light becometh manifest.​

What pleaseth Thee is the real Arti.​

O God, my mind is fascinated with Thy lotus feet as the​

Bumble bee with the flower: night and day I thirst for them.​

Give the water of Thy grace to the sarang note 28., Nanak, so that he may dwell in Thy name.​

(Dhanasri Mohalla, quoted in SR 38).​
Note 26: Lord Jagannatha, the 'Lord of the Universe' is a form of Lord Vishnu. Upon the death of Shree Krishna, a primary Incarnation of Lord Vishnu, his bones were collected and placed within Lord Jagannatha's murti(HM 129). Return
Note 27: The others being Som-nath, Badri-nath and Vishwa-nath. Return
Note 28: The sarang (chatrik or papiha) is a bird which drinks only when 'the moon is in the mansion of Arcturus.' The meaning is, when it is time to drink of God's water, Nanak is very thirsty and ready to do so because, as the bird awaits the proper time, so too does Nanak (SR 38). Return

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
isrIrwgu mhlw 1 Gru 5 ]
ACl ClweI nh ClY nh Gwau ktwrw kir skY ]
ijau swihbu rwKY iqau rhY iesu loBI kw jIau tl plY ]1]
ibnu qyl dIvw ikau jlY ]1] rhwau ]
poQI purwx kmweIAY ] Bau vtI iequ qin pweIAY ]
scu bUJxu Awix jlweIAY ]2]
iehu qylu dIvw ieau jlY ]
kir cwnxu swihb qau imlY ]1] rhwau ]
iequ qin lwgY bwxIAw ]
suKu hovY syv kmwxIAw ]
sB dunIAw Awvx jwxIAw ]3]
ivic dunIAw syv kmweIAY ]
qw drgh bYsxu pweIAY ]
khu nwnk bwh lufweIAY ]4]33]

Siree Raag, First Mehl, Fifth House:
The Undeceiveable is not deceived by deception. He cannot be wounded by any dagger.
As our Lord and Master keeps us, so do we exist. The soul of this greedy person is tossed this way and that. ||1||
Without the oil, how can the lamp be lit? ||1||Pause||
Let the reading of your prayer book be the oil, and let the Fear of God be the wick for the lamp of this body.
Light this lamp with the understanding of Truth. ||2||
Use this oil to light this lamp.
Light it, and meet your Lord and Master. ||1||Pause||
This body is softened with the Word of the Guru's Bani;
you shall find peace, doing seva (selfless service).
All the world continues coming and going in reincarnation. ||3||
In the midst of this world, do seva,
and you shall be given a place of honor in the Court of the Lord.
Says Nanak, swing your arms in joy! ||4||33||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਰਾਗੁ ਗੂਜਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥
raag goojaree mehalaa 4 ||
Raag Goojaree, Fourth Mehl:

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਜਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਤਪੁਰਖਾ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰਉ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ ॥
har kae jan sathigur sathapurakhaa bino karo gur paas ||
O humble servant of the Lord, O True Guru, O True Primal Being: I offer my humble prayer to You, O Guru.

ਹਮ ਕੀਰੇ ਕਿਰਮ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਕਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥੧॥
ham keerae kiram sathigur saranaaee kar dhaeiaa naam paragaas ||1||
I am a mere insect, a worm. O True Guru, I seek Your Sanctuary. Please be merciful, and bless me with the Light of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥
maerae meeth guradhaev mo ko raam naam paragaas ||
O my Best Friend, O Divine Guru, please enlighten me with the Name of the Lord.

ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸਖਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਮਰੀ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
guramath naam maeraa praan sakhaaee har keerath hamaree reharaas
||1|| rehaao ||
Through the Guru's Teachings, the Naam is my breath of life. The Kirtan of the Lord's
Praise is my life's occupation. ||1||Pause||

Guru Ram Das
Ang 10

\\

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਚਾਰੇ ਕੁੰਡਾ ਭਾਲੀਆ ਸਹ ਬਿਨੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥੨॥
chaarae kunddaa bhaaleeaa seh bin avar n jaae ||2||
I have searched the four corners of the world-without our Husband Lord, there is no other place of rest. ||2||

ਤਿਸੁ ਆਗੈ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ਕਰਿ ਜੋ ਮੇਲੇ ਕਰਤਾਰੁ ॥
this aagai aradhaas kar jo maelae karathaar ||
Offer your prayers to Him, who shall unite you with the Creator.

v ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਪੂਰਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੁ ॥
sathigur dhaathaa naam kaa pooraa jis bhanddaar ||
The True Guru is the Giver of the Naam; His Treasure is perfect and overflowing.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਰਾਵਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
sadhaa sadhaa saalaaheeai anth n paaraavaar ||3||
Forever and ever, praise the One, who has no end or limitation. ||3||

ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰੁ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਚਲਤ ਅਨੇਕ ॥
paravadhagaar saalaaheeai jis dhae chalath anaek ||
Praise God, the Nurturer and Cherisher; His Wondrous Ways are unlimited.

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਆਰਾਧੀਐ ਏਹਾ ਮਤਿ ਵਿਸੇਖ ॥
sadhaa sadhaa aaraadhheeai eaehaa math visaekh ||
Forever and ever, worship and
adore Him; this is the most wonderful wisdom.

ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਮਿਠਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਲਗੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਲੇਖ ॥੪॥੧੯॥੮੯॥
man than mithaa this lagai jis masathak naanak laekh ||4||19||89||
O Nanak, God's Flavor is sweet to the minds and bodies of those who have such blessed destiny written on their foreheads. ||4||19||89||

Guru Arjan Dev
Ang 49
Sri Raag

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
pauVI ]
mnu locY hir imlx kau ikau drsnu pweIAw ]
mY lK ivVqy swihbw jy ibMd buolweIAw ]
mY cwry kuMfw BwlIAw quDu jyvfu n sweIAw ]
mY dishu mwrgu sMqho ikau pRBU imlweIAw ]
mnu Ariphu haumY qjhu iequ pMiQ julweIAw ]
inq syivhu swihbu Awpxw sqsMig imlweIAw ]
sBy Awsw pUrIAw gur mhil bulweIAw ]
quDu jyvfu horu n suJeI myry imqR guosweIAw ]12]

Pauree:
My mind longs to meet the Lord; how can I obtain the Blessed Vision of His Darshan?
I obtain hundreds of thousands, if my Lord and Master speaks to me, even for an instant.
I have searched in four directions; there is no other as great as You, Lord.
Show me the Path, O Saints. How can I meet God?
I dedicate my mind to Him, and renounce my ego. This is the Path which I shall take.
Joining the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, I serve my Lord and Master continually.
All my hopes are fulfilled; the Guru has ushered me into the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.
I cannot conceive of any other as great as You, O my Friend, O Lord of the World. ||12||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ਰਾਗੁ ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੫ ਪੜਤਾਲ
raag soohee mehalaa 5 ghar 5 parrathaala
Raag Soohee, Fifth Mehl, Fifth House, Partaal:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਗੁਰੀਆ ਮੋਹਨ ਲਾਲਨਾ ॥
preeth preeth gureeaa mohan laalanaa ||
Love of the enticing Beloved Lord is the most glorious love.

ਜਪਿ ਮਨ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨਹੀ ਕੋ ਲੇਖੈ ਸੰਤ ਲਾਗੁ ਮਨਹਿ ਛਾਡੁ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਕੀ ਕੁਰੀਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
jap man gobindh eaekai avar nehee ko laekhai santh laag manehi shhaadd dhubidhhaa kee kureeaa ||1|| rehaao ||
Meditate, O mind, on the One Lord of the Universe - nothing else is of any account. Attach your mind to the Saints, and abandon the path of duality. ||1||Pause||

ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਹਰੀਆ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਧਰੀਆ ਅਨਿਕ ਕੋਠਰੀਆ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿਨ ਕਰੀਆ ॥
niragun hareeaa saragun dhhareeaa anik kothareeaa bhinn bhinn bhinn bhin kareeaa ||
The Lord is absolute and unmanifest; He has assumed the most sublime manifestation. He has fashioned countless body chambers of many, varied, different, myriad forms.

ਵਿਚਿ ਮਨ ਕੋਟਵਰੀਆ ॥
vich man kottavareeaa ||
Within them, the mind is the policeman;

ਨਿਜ ਮੰਦਰਿ ਪਿਰੀਆ ॥
nij mandhar pireeaa ||
my Be
loved lives in the temple of my inner self.

ਤਹਾ ਆਨਦ ਕਰੀਆ ॥
thehaa aanadh kareeaa ||
He plays there in ecstasy.

ਨਹ ਮਰੀਆ ਨਹ ਜਰੀਆ ॥੧॥
neh mareeaa neh jareeaa ||1||
He does not die, and he never grows old. ||1||

ਕਿਰਤਨਿ ਜੁਰੀਆ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਫਿਰੀਆ ਪਰ ਕਉ ਹਿਰੀਆ ॥
kirathan jureeaa bahu bidhh fireeaa par ko hireeaa ||
He is engrossed in worldly activities, wandering around in various ways. He steals the property of others,

ਬਿਖਨਾ ਘਿਰੀਆ ॥
bikhanaa ghireeaa ||
and is surrounded by corruption and sin.

ਅਬ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਰੀਆ ॥
ab saadhhoo sang pareeaa ||
But now, he joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy,

ਹਰਿ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਖਰੀਆ ॥
har dhuaarai khareeaa ||
and stands before the Lord's Gate.

ਦਰਸਨੁ ਕਰੀਆ ॥
dharasan kareeaa ||
He obtains the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਰੀਆ ॥
naanak gur mireeaa ||

Nanak has met the Guru;

ਬਹੁਰਿ ਨ ਫਿਰੀਆ ॥੨॥੧॥੪੪॥
bahur n fireeaa ||2||1||44||
he shall not be reincarnated again. ||2||1||44||

Guru Arrjan Dev ji

Ang 746

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In Sri Raag, Guru Naanak tells us how to worship and why to worship. If we desire God, if we wish to find his compassion and mercy, if we want to discover his goodness within us, then we must be open to his Shabad, to the words and the sound of the Guru. There is only one.
ਚੰਦਨੁ ਮੋਲਿ ਅਣਾਇਆ ਕੁੰਗੂ ਮਾਂਗ ਸੰਧੂਰੁ ॥
chandhan mol anaaeiaa kungoo maang sandhhoor ||
The bride may buy sandalwood oil and perfumes, and apply them in great quantities to her hair;

ਚੋਆ ਚੰਦਨੁ ਬਹੁ ਘਣਾ ਪਾਨਾ ਨਾਲਿ ਕਪੂਰੁ ॥
choaa chandhan bahu ghanaa paanaa naal kapoor ||
she may sweeten her breath with betel leaf and camphor,

ਜੇ ਧਨ ਕੰਤਿ ਨ ਭਾਵਈ ਤ ਸਭਿ ਅਡੰਬਰ ਕੂੜੁ ॥੪॥
jae dhhan kanth n bhaavee th sabh addanbar koorr ||4||
but if this bride is not pleasing to her Husband Lord, then all these trappings are false. ||4||

ਸਭਿ ਰਸ ਭੋਗਣ ਬਾਦਿ ਹਹਿ ਸਭਿ ਸੀਗਾਰ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥
sabh ras bhogan baadh hehi sabh seegaar vikaar ||
Her enjoyment of all pleasures is futile, and all her decorations are corrupt.

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਨ ਭੇਦੀਐ ਕਿਉ ਸੋਹੈ ਗੁਰਦੁਆਰਿ ॥
jab lag sabadh n bhaedheeai kio sohai guradhuaar ||
Until she has been pierced through with the
Shabad, how can she look beautiful at Guru's Gate?

ਨਾਨਕ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁਹਾਗਣੀ ਜਿਨ ਸਹ ਨਾਲਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥੫॥੧੩॥
naanak dhhann suhaaganee jin seh naal piaar ||5||13||
O Nanak, blessed is that fortunate bride, who is in love with her Husband Lord. ||5||13||

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
sireeraag mehalaa 1 ||
Siree Raag, First Mehl:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This shabad tells us the everything is under his control. This is truth. However, we should not understand this to mean that choosing between goodness or wickedness is all the same thing, because He has made these choices for us. Guruji is saying instead that by accepting His Will and meditating on His Naam He resolves our affairs and we find peace and bliss. This the Choice that we make or we do not make. He stirs up the mix of his Creation, separating the curds from the whey. So this destiny is written upon our foreheads: we choose one way or the other. We choose to be stuck in an evil place. Or we choose remembrance of the Naam gaining the treasure of life.

ਸਭੁ ਕਛੁ ਤਿਸ ਦੈ ਵਸਿ ਦੂਜੀ ਨਾਹਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
sabh kashh this dhai vas dhoojee naahi jaae ||
Everything is under His control; there is no other place at all.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਖ ਅਨਦ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀ ਮੰਨਿ ਰਜਾਇ ॥੭॥
naanak sukh anadh bheae prabh kee mann rajaae ||7||
Nanak is in peace and bliss, accepting the Will of God. ||7||

ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਜਿਨ ਸਿਮਰਿਆ ਸੇਈ ਭਏ ਨਿਹਾਲ ॥
gur pooraa jin simariaa saeee bheae nihaal ||
Those who meditate in remembrance on the Perfect Guru, are exalted and uplifted.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਰਾਧਣਾ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਸਿ ॥੮॥
naanak naam araadhhanaa kaaraj aavai raas ||8||
O Nanak, dwelling on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, all affairs are resolved. ||8||

ਪਾਪੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਾਏ ਹਾਇ ॥
paapee karam kamaavadhae karadhae haaeae haae ||
The sinners act, and generate bad karma, and then they weep and wail.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਉ ਮਥਨਿ ਮਾਧਾਣੀਆ ਤਿਉ ਮਥੇ ਧ੍ਰਮ ਰਾਇ ॥੯॥
naanak jio mathhan maadhhaaneeaa thio mathhae dhhram raae ||9||
O Nanak, just as the churning stick churns the butter, so does the Righteous Judge of Dharma churn them. ||9||

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਨਿ ਸਾਜਨਾ ਜਨਮ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਜੀਤਿ ॥

naam dhhiaaein saajanaa janam padhaarathh jeeth ||
Meditating on the Naam, O friend, the treasure of life is won.

ਨਾਨਕ ਧਰਮ ਐਸੇ ਚਵਹਿ ਕੀਤੋ ਭਵਨੁ ਪੁਨੀਤ ॥੧੦॥
naanak dhharam aisae chavehi keetho bhavan puneeth ||10||
O Nanak, speaking in Righteousness, one's world becomes sanctified. ||10||

menupop.gif
ਖੁਭੜੀ ਕੁਥਾਇ ਮਿਠੀ ਗਲਣਿ ਕੁਮੰਤ੍ਰੀਆ ॥

khubharree kuthhaae mithee galan kumanthreeaa ||
I am stuck in an evil place, trusting the sweet words of an evil advisor.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੇਈ ਉਬਰੇ ਜਿਨਾ ਭਾਗੁ ਮਥਾਹਿ ॥੧੧॥

naanak saeee oubarae jinaa bhaag mathhaahi ||11||
O Nanak, they alone are saved, who have such good destiny inscribed upon their foreheads. ||11||

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
ਗਉੜੀ ਬੈਰਾਗਣਿ
गउड़ी बैरागणि
Ga&shy;oṛī bairāgaṇ
Gauree Bairaagan:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik&shy;oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

ਸਤਜੁਗਿ ਸਤੁ ਤੇਤਾ ਜਗੀ ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਪੂਜਾਚਾਰ
सतजुगि सतु तेता जगी दुआपरि पूजाचार ॥
Saṯjug saṯ ṯėṯā jagī ḏu&shy;āpar pūjācẖār.
In the Golden Age of Sat Yuga, was Truth; in the Silver Age of Trayta Yuga, charitable feasts; in the Brass Age of Dwaapar Yuga, there was worship.

ਤੀਨੌ ਜੁਗ ਤੀਨੌ ਦਿੜੇ ਕਲਿ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ਅਧਾਰ ॥੧॥
तीनौ जुग तीनौ दिड़े कलि केवल नाम अधार ॥१॥
Ŧīnou jug ṯīnou ḏiṛė kal kėval nām aḏẖār. ||1||
In those three ages, people held to these three ways. But in the Iron Age of Kali Yuga, the Name of the Lord is your only Support. ||1||

ਪਾਰੁ ਕੈਸੇ ਪਾਇਬੋ ਰੇ
पारु कैसे पाइबो रे ॥
Pār kaisė pā&shy;ibo rė.
How can I swim across?

ਮੋ ਸਉ ਕੋਊ ਕਹੈ ਸਮਝਾਇ
मो सउ कोऊ न कहै समझाइ ॥
Mo sa&shy;o ko&shy;ū na kahai samjẖā&shy;ė.
No one has explained to me,

ਜਾ ਤੇ ਆਵਾ ਗਵਨੁ ਬਿਲਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
जा ते आवा गवनु बिलाइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Jā ṯė āvā gavan bilā&shy;ė. ||1|| rahā&shy;o.
so that I might understand how I can escape reincarnation. ||1||Pause||

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਧਰਮ ਨਿਰੂਪੀਐ ਕਰਤਾ ਦੀਸੈ ਸਭ ਲੋਇ
बहु बिधि धरम निरूपीऐ करता दीसै सभ लोइ ॥
Baho biḏẖ ḏẖaram nirūpī&shy;ai karṯā ḏīsai sabẖ lo&shy;ė.
So many forms of religion have been described; the whole world is practicing them.

ਕਵਨ ਕਰਮ ਤੇ ਛੂਟੀਐ ਜਿਹ ਸਾਧੇ ਸਭ ਸਿਧਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
कवन करम ते छूटीऐ जिह साधे सभ सिधि होइ ॥२॥
Kavan karam ṯė cẖẖūtī&shy;ai jih sāḏẖė sabẖ siḏẖ ho&shy;ė. ||2||
What actions will bring emancipation, and total perfection? ||2||

ਕਰਮ ਅਕਰਮ ਬੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਸੰਕਾ ਸੁਨਿ ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ
करम अकरम बीचारीऐ संका सुनि बेद पुरान ॥
Karam akram bīcẖārī&shy;ai sankā sun bėḏ purān.
One may distinguish between good and evil actions, and listen to the Vedas and the Puraanas,

ਸੰਸਾ ਸਦ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਬਸੈ ਕਉਨੁ ਹਿਰੈ ਅਭਿਮਾਨੁ ॥੩॥
संसा सद हिरदै बसै कउनु हिरै अभिमानु ॥३॥
Sansā saḏ hirḏai basai ka&shy;un hirai abẖimān. ||3||
but doubt still persists. Skepticism continually dwells in the heart, so who can eradicate egotistical pride? ||3||

ਬਾਹਰੁ ਉਦਕਿ ਪਖਾਰੀਐ ਘਟ ਭੀਤਰਿ ਬਿਬਿਧਿ ਬਿਕਾਰ
बाहरु उदकि पखारीऐ घट भीतरि बिबिधि बिकार ॥
Bāhar uḏak pakẖārī&shy;ai gẖat bẖīṯar bibiḏẖ bikār.
Outwardly, he washes with water, but deep within, his heart is tarnished by all sorts of vices.

ਸੁਧ ਕਵਨ ਪਰ ਹੋਇਬੋ ਸੁਚ ਕੁੰਚਰ ਬਿਧਿ ਬਿਉਹਾਰ ॥੪॥
सुध कवन पर होइबो सुच कुंचर बिधि बिउहार ॥४॥
Suḏẖ kavan par ho&shy;ibo sucẖ kuncẖar biḏẖ bi&shy;uhār. ||4||
So how can he become pure? His method of purification is like that of an elephant, covering himself with dust right after his bath! ||4||

ਰਵਿ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ਰਜਨੀ ਜਥਾ ਗਤਿ ਜਾਨਤ ਸਭ ਸੰਸਾਰ
रवि प्रगास रजनी जथा गति जानत सभ संसार ॥
Rav pargās rajnī jathā gaṯ jānaṯ sabẖ sansār.
With the rising of the sun, the night is brought to its end; the whole world knows this.

ਪਾਰਸ ਮਾਨੋ ਤਾਬੋ ਛੁਏ ਕਨਕ ਹੋਤ ਨਹੀ ਬਾਰ ॥੫॥
पारस मानो ताबो छुए कनक होत नही बार ॥५॥
Pāras māno ṯābo cẖẖu&shy;ė kanak hoṯ nahī bār. ||5||
It is believed that with the touch of the Philosopher's Stone, copper is immediately transformed into gold. ||5||

ਪਰਮ ਪਰਸ ਗੁਰੁ ਭੇਟੀਐ ਪੂਰਬ ਲਿਖਤ ਲਿਲਾਟ
परम परस गुरु भेटीऐ पूरब लिखत लिलाट ॥
Param paras gur bẖėtī&shy;ai pūrab likẖaṯ lilāt.
When one meets the Supreme Philosopher's Stone, the Guru, if such pre-ordained destiny is written on one's forehead,

ਉਨਮਨ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਮਿਲੇ ਛੁਟਕਤ ਬਜਰ ਕਪਾਟ ॥੬॥
उनमन मन मन ही मिले छुटकत बजर कपाट ॥६॥
Unman man man hī milė cẖẖutkaṯ bajar kapāt. ||6||
then the soul blends with the Supreme Soul, and the stubborn doors are opened wide. ||6||

ਭਗਤਿ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਮਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰੀ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਬੰਧਨ ਕਾਟਿ ਬਿਕਾਰ
भगति जुगति मति सति करी भ्रम बंधन काटि बिकार ॥
Bẖagaṯ jugaṯ maṯ saṯ karī bẖaram banḏẖan kāt bikār.
Through the way of devotion, the intellect is imbued with Truth; doubts, entanglements and vices are cut away.

ਸੋਈ ਬਸਿ ਰਸਿ ਮਨ ਮਿਲੇ ਗੁਨ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਏਕ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੭॥
सोई बसि रसि मन मिले गुन निरगुन एक बिचार ॥७॥
So&shy;ī bas ras man milė gun nirgun ėk bicẖār. ||7||
The mind is restrained, and one attains joy, contemplating the One Lord, who is both with and without qualities. ||7||

ਅਨਿਕ ਜਤਨ ਨਿਗ੍ਰਹ ਕੀਏ ਟਾਰੀ ਟਰੈ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਫਾਸ
अनिक जतन निग्रह कीए टारी न टरै भ्रम फास ॥
Anik jaṯan nigreh kī&shy;ė tārī na tarai bẖaram fās.
I have tried many methods, but by turning it away, the noose of doubt is not turned away.

ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਊਪਜੈ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਉਦਾਸ ॥੮॥੧॥
प्रेम भगति नही ऊपजै ता ते रविदास उदास ॥८॥१॥
Parėm bẖagaṯ nahī ūpjai ṯā ṯė Raviḏās uḏās. ||8||1||
Love and devotion have not welled up within me, and so Ravi Daas is sad and depressed. ||8||1||

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Amarsanghera ji

You have chosen one of the most beautiful shabads -- anyway I think so -- about the worship of Prabhu, Akaal, Waheguru. it is one I had copied and saved in a folder for this thread. Intending to use it later. It is wonderful that you were thinking about the shabad in the same way.

Looking back on the thread, there are some really fine shabads lined up here. And NamJap's sakhi and Sohila - Hymn of Praise - really rounding things out.

It will be interesting to see how the thread evolves as a thread.

:) Thanks

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ
सिरीरागु ॥
Sirīrāg.
Sree Raag:

ਤੋਹੀ ਮੋਹੀ ਮੋਹੀ ਤੋਹੀ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਕੈਸਾ
तोही मोही मोही तोही अंतरु कैसा ॥
Ŧohī mohī mohī ṯohī anṯar kaisā.
You are me, and I am You-what is the difference between us?

ਕਨਕ ਕਟਿਕ ਜਲ ਤਰੰਗ ਜੈਸਾ ॥੧॥
कनक कटिक जल तरंग जैसा ॥१॥
Kanak katik jal ṯarang jaisā. ||1||
We are like gold and the bracelet, or water and the waves. ||1||

ਜਉ ਪੈ ਹਮ ਪਾਪ ਕਰੰਤਾ ਅਹੇ ਅਨੰਤਾ
जउ पै हम न पाप करंता अहे अनंता ॥
Ja&shy;o pai ham na pāp karanṯā ahė ananṯā.
If I did not commit any sins, O Infinite Lord,

ਪਤਿਤ ਪਾਵਨ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੈਸੇ ਹੁੰਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
पतित पावन नामु कैसे हुंता ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Paṯiṯ pāvan nām kaisė hunṯā. ||1|| rahā&shy;o.
how would You have acquired the name, 'Redeemer of sinners'? ||1||Pause||

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਜੁ ਨਾਇਕ ਆਛਹੁ ਅੰਤਰਜਾਮੀ
तुम्ह जु नाइक आछहु अंतरजामी ॥
Ŧumĥ jo nā&shy;ik ācẖẖahu anṯarjāmī.
You are my Master, the Inner-knower, Searcher of hearts.

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤੇ ਜਨੁ ਜਾਨੀਜੈ ਜਨ ਤੇ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥੨॥
प्रभ ते जनु जानीजै जन ते सुआमी ॥२॥
Parabẖ ṯė jan jānījai jan ṯė su&shy;āmī. ||2||
The servant is known by his God, and the Lord and Master is known by His servant. ||2||

ਸਰੀਰੁ ਆਰਾਧੈ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ਦੇਹੂ
सरीरु आराधै मो कउ बीचारु देहू ॥
Sarīr ārāḏẖai mo ka&shy;o bīcẖār ḏėhū.
Grant me the wisdom to worship and adore You with my body.

ਰਵਿਦਾਸ ਸਮ ਦਲ ਸਮਝਾਵੈ ਕੋਊ ॥੩॥
रविदास सम दल समझावै कोऊ ॥३॥
Raviḏās sam ḏal samjẖāvai ko&shy;ū. ||3||
O Ravi Daas, one who understands that the Lord is equally in all, is very rare. ||3||

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Through the Word of the Guru, We get to know what to do and how, provided we believe in it.

English Translation:
Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
Whom shall I serve? What shall I chant? I will go and ask the Guru.
I will accept the Will of the True Guru, and eradicate selfishness from within.
By this work and service, the Naam shall come to dwell within my mind.
Through the Naam, peace is obtained; I am adorned and embellished by the True Word of the Shabad. ||1||
O my mind, remain awake and aware night and day, and think of the Lord.
Protect your crops, or else the birds shall descend on your farm. ||1||Pause||
The desires of the mind are fulfilled, when one is filled to overflowing with the Shabad.
One who fears, loves, and is devoted to the Dear Lord day and night, sees Him always close at hand.
Doubt runs far away from the bodies of those, whose minds remain forever attuned to the True Word of the Shabad.
The Immaculate Lord and Master is found. He is True; He is the Ocean of Excellence. ||2||
Those who remain awake and aware are saved, while those who sleep are plundered.
They do not recognize the True Word of the Shabad, and like a dream, their lives fade away.
Like guests in a deserted house, they leave just exactly as they have come.
The life of the self-willed manmukh passes uselessly. What face will he show when he passes beyond? ||3||
God Himself is everything; those who are in their ego cannot even speak of this.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is realized, and the pain of egotism is eradicated from within.
I fall at the feet of those who serve their True Guru.
O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who are found to be true in the True Court. ||4||21||54||

Shabad Gurbani:

isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ]
iksu hau syvI ikAw jpu krI sqgur pUCau jwie ]
sqgur kw Bwxw mMin leI ivchu Awpu gvwie ]
eyhw syvw cwkrI nwmu vsY min Awie ]
nwmY hI qy suKu pweIAY scY sbid suhwie ]1]
mn myry Anidnu jwgu hir cyiq ]
AwpxI KyqI riK lY kUMj pVYgI Kyiq ]1] rhwau ]
mn kIAw ieCw pUrIAw sbid rihAw BrpUir ]
BY Bwie Bgiq krih idnu rwqI hir jIau vyKY sdw hdUir ]
scY sbid sdw mnu rwqw BRmu gieAw srIrhu dUir ]
inrmlu swihbu pwieAw swcw guxI ghIru ]2]
jo jwgy sy aubry sUqy gey muhwie ]
scw sbdu n pCwixE supnw gieAw ivhwie ]
suM\y Gr kw pwhuxw ijau AwieAw iqau jwie ]
mnmuK jnmu ibrQw gieAw ikAw muhu dysI jwie ]3]
sB ikCu Awpy Awip hY haumY ivic khnu n jwie ]
gur kY sbid pCwxIAY duKu haumY ivchu gvwie ]
sqguru syvin Awpxw hau iqn kY lwgau pwie ]
nwnk dir scY sicAwr hih hau iqn bilhwrY jwau ]4]21]54]

Jul 10, 2006
http://www.ikirtan.com/Bhai_Harjind...ngh_Jee_(Sri_Nagar_Wale) Kaise_Kahun_Mohe.mp3

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Saarang on Pannaa 1206

swrg mhlw 5 Gru 2
saarag mehalaa 5 ghar 2
Saarang, Fifth Mehla, Second House:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

kYsy khau moih jIA bydnweI ]
kaisae keho mohi jeea baedhanaaee ||
How can I express the pain of my soul?

drsn ipAws ipRA pRIiq mnohr mnu n rhY bhu ibiD aumkweI ]1] rhwau ]
dharasan piaas pria preeth manohar man n rehai bahu bidhh oumakaaee ||1|| rehaao ||
I am so thirsty for the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of my Enticing and Lovely Beloved. My mind cannot survive - it yearns for Him in so many ways. ||1||Pause||

icqvin icqvau ipRA pRIiq bYrwgI kid pwvau hir drsweI ]
chithavan chithavo pria preeth bairaagee kadh paavo har dharasaaee ||
I think thoughts of Him; I miss the Love of my Beloved. When will I obtain the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan?

jqn krau iehu mnu nhI DIrY koaU hY ry sMqu imlweI ]1]
jathan karo eihu man nehee dhheerai kooo hai rae sa(n)th milaaee ||1||
I try, but this mind is not encouraged. Is there any Saint who can lead me to God? ||1||

jp qp sMjm puMn siB homau iqsu Arpau siB suK jWeI ]
jap thap sa(n)jam pu(n)n sabh homo this arapo sabh sukh jaa(n)ee ||
Chanting, penance, self-control, good deeds and charity - I sacrifice all these in fire; I dedicate all peace and places to Him.

eyk inmK ipRA drsu idKwvY iqsu sMqn kY bil jWeI ]2]
eaek nimakh pria dharas dhikhaavai this sa(n)than kai bal jaa(n)ee ||2||
One who helps me to behold the Blessed Vision of my Beloved, for even an instant - I am a sacrifice to that Saint. ||2||

krau inhorw bhuqu bynqI syvau idnu rYnweI ]
karo nihoraa bahuth baenathee saevo dhin rainaaee ||
I offer all my prayers and entreaties to him; I serve him, day and night.

mwnu AiBmwnu hau sgl iqAwgau jo ipRA bwq sunweI ]3]
maan abhimaan ho sagal thiaago jo pria baath sunaaee ||3||
I have renounced all pride and egotism; he tells me the stories of my Beloved. ||3||

dyiK cirqR BeI hau ibsmin guir siqguir puriK imlweI ]
dhaekh charithr bhee ho bisaman gur sathigur purakh milaaee ||
I am wonder-struck, gazing upon the wondrous play of God. The Guru, the True Guru, has led me to meet the Primal Lord.

pRB rMg dieAwl moih igRh mih pwieAw jn nwnk qpiq buJweI ]4]1]15]
prabh ra(n)g dhaeiaal mohi grih mehi paaeiaa jan naanak thapath bujhaaee ||4||1||15||
I have found God, my Merciful Loving Lord, within the home of my own heart. O Nanak, the fire within me has been quenched. ||4||1||15||

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Simple description of how to do it -- dwell on the Lord alone.

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ
Āsā mehlā 5. Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਹਭੇ ਥੋਕ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਹਿਕੋ ਖਿਆਲੁ ਕਰਿ

Habẖė thok visār hiko kẖi*āl kar.
Forget all other things, and dwell upon the Lord alone.

ਝੂਠਾ ਲਾਹਿ ਗੁਮਾਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਅਰਪਿ ਧਰਿ ॥੧॥
Jẖūṯẖā lāhi gumān man ṯan arap ḏẖar. ||1||

Lay aside your false pride, and dedicate your mind and body to Him. ||1||

ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਸਾਲਾਹਿ ਸਿਰਜਨਹਾਰ ਤੂੰ

Āṯẖ pahar sālāhi sirjanhār ṯūʼn.
Twenty-four hours a day, praise the Creator Lord.

ਜੀਵਾਂ ਤੇਰੀ ਦਾਤਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਮੂੰ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

Jīvāʼn ṯėrī ḏāṯ kirpā karahu mūʼn. ||1|| rahā*o.

I live by Your bountiful gifts - please, shower me with Your Mercy! ||1||Pause||

ੋਈ ਕੰਮੁ ਕਮਾਇ ਜਿਤੁ ਮੁਖੁ ਉਜਲਾ
So*ī kamm kamā*ė jiṯ mukẖ ujlā.

So, do that work, by which your face shall be made radiant.

ਸੋਈ ਲਗੈ ਸਚਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਤੂੰ ਦੇਹਿ ਅਲਾ ॥੨॥
So*ī lagai sacẖ jis ṯūʼn ḏeh alā. ||2||
He alone becomes attached to the Truth, O Lord, unto whom You give it. ||2||

ਜੋ ਢਹੰਦੋ ਮੂਲਿ ਸੋ ਘਰੁ ਰਾਸਿ ਕਰਿ

Jo na dẖahanḏo mūl so gẖar rās kar
So build and adorn that house, which shall never be destroyed.

ਹਿਕੋ ਚਿਤਿ ਵਸਾਇ ਕਦੇ ਜਾਇ ਮਰਿ ॥੩॥
Hiko cẖiṯ vasā*ė kaḏė na jā*ė mar. ||3||

Enshrine the One Lord within your consciousness; He shall never die. ||3||

ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਰਾਮੁ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਣਿਆ
Ŧinĥā pi*ārā rām jo parabẖ bẖāṇi*ā.

The Lord is dear to those, who are pleasing to the Will of God.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਅਕਥੁ ਨਾਨਕਿ ਵਖਾਣਿਆ ॥੪॥੫॥੧੦੭॥
Gur parsāḏ akath Nānak vakẖāṇi*ā. ||4||5||107||

By Guru's Grace, Nanak describes the indescribable. ||4||5||107||

Ang 383

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
By coming To His Sanctury, and becoming His Slave:

English Translation of the following Shabad:

Bihaagraa, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:
Listen to my prayer, O my Lord and Master.
I am filled with millions of sins, but still, I am Your slave.
O Destroyer of pain, Bestower of Mercy, Fascinating Lord, Destroyer of sorrow and strife,
I have come to Your Sanctuary; please preserve my honor. You are all-pervading, O Immaculate Lord.
He hears and beholds all; God is with us, the nearest of the near.
O Lord and Master, hear Nanak's prayer; please save the servants of Your household. ||1||
You are eternal and all-powerful; I am a mere beggar, Lord.
I am intoxicated with the love of Maya - save me, Lord!
Bound down by greed, emotional attachment and corruption, I have made so many mistakes.
The creator is both attached and detached from entanglements; one obtains the fruits of his own actions.
Show kindness to me, O Purifier of sinners; I am so tired of wandering through reincarnation.
Prays Nanak, I am the slave of the Lord; God is the Support of my soul, and my breath of life. ||2||
You are great and all-powerful; my understanding is so inadequate, O Lord.
You cherish even the ungrateful ones; Your Glance of Grace is perfect, Lord.
Your wisdom is unfathomable, O Infinite Creator. I am lowly, and I know nothing.
Forsaking the jewel, I have saved the shell; I am a lowly, ignorant beast.
I have kept that which forsakes me, and is very fickle, continually committing sins, again and again.
Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary, Almighty Lord and Master; please, preserve my honor. ||3||
I was separated from Him, and now, He has united me with Himself.
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.
Singing the Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the ever-sublime blissful Lord is revealed to me.
My bed is adorned with God; my God has made me His own.
Abandoning anxiety, I have become carefree, and I shall not suffer in pain any longer.
Nanak lives by beholding the Blessed Vision of His Darshan, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe, the ocean of excellence. ||4||5||8||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Shabad Gurbani:
ibhwgVw mhlw 5 CMq ]
sunhu bynµqIAw suAwmI myry rwm ]
koit ApRwD Bry BI qyry cyry rwm ]
duK hrn ikrpw krn mohn kil klysh BMjnw ]
srin qyrI riK lyhu myrI srb mY inrMjnw ]
sunq pyKq sMig sB kY pRB nyrhU qy nyry ]
Ardwis nwnk suin suAwmI riK lyhu Gr ky cyry ]1]
qU smrQu sdw hm dIn ByKwrI rwm ]
mwieAw moih mgnu kiF lyhu murwrI rwm ]
loiB moih ibkwir bwiDE Aink doK kmwvny ]
Ailpq bMDn rhq krqw kIAw Apnw pwvny ]
kir AnugRhu piqq pwvn bhu join BRmqy hwrI ]
ibnvMiq nwnk dwsu hir kw pRB jIA pRwn ADwrI ]2]
qU smrQu vfw myrI miq QorI rwm ]
pwlih AikrqGnw pUrn idRsit qyrI rwm ]
AgwiD boiD Apwr krqy moih nIcu kCU n jwnw ]
rqnu iqAwig sMgRhn kaufI psU nIcu ieAwnw ]
iqAwig clqI mhw cMcil doK kir kir jorI ]
nwnk srin smrQ suAwmI pYj rwKhu morI ]3]
jw qy vICuiVAw iqin Awip imlwieAw rwm ]
swDU sMgmy hir gux gwieAw rwm ]
gux gwie goivd sdw nIky kilAwx mY prgt Bey ]
syjw suhwvI sMig pRB kY Awpxy pRB kir ley ]
Coif icMq AicMq hoey bhuiV dUKu n pwieAw ]
nwnk drsnu pyiK jIvy goivMd gux iniD gwieAw ]4]5]8]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
If we make ourselves a sacrifice to Him, then we will fill up with the joy that comes with meditation. If we lean on Him and trust His mercy, then He will support us.

ਸੋ ਛੂਟੈ ਮਹਾ ਜਾਲ ਤੇ ਜਿਸੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ॥੨॥
so shhoottai mehaa jaal thae jis gur sabadh niranthar ||2||
They escape from the great noose of death; they are permeated with the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||2||

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਿਆ ਕਹਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਸਤ ਸਰੁ ॥
gur kee mehimaa kiaa kehaa gur bibaek sath sar ||
How can I chant the Glorious Praises of the Guru? The Guru is the ocean of Truth and clear understanding.

ਓਹੁ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਜੁਗਹ ਜੁਗੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ॥੩॥
ouhu aadh jugaadhee jugeh jug pooraa paramaesar ||3||
He is the Perfect Transcendent Lord, from the very beginning, and throughout the ages. ||3||

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵਹੁ ਸਦ ਸਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਮਨੁ ਰੰਗੇ ॥
naam dhhiaavahu sadh sadhaa har har man rangae ||
Meditating on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, forever and ever, my mind is filled with the Love of the Lord, Har, Har.

ਜੀਉ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਧਨੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੈ ਸੰਗੇ ॥੪॥੨॥੧੦੪॥
jeeo praan dhhan guroo hai naanak kai sangae ||4||2||104||
The Guru is my soul, my breath of life, and wealth; O Nanak, He is with me forever. ||4||2||104||

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
aasaa mehalaa 5 ||
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਾਈ ਅਲਖੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਭੋਰੀ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ॥
saaee alakh apaar bhoree man vasai ||
If the Invisible and Infinite Lord dwells within my mind, even for a moment,

ਦੂਖੁ ਦਰਦੁ ਰੋਗੁ ਮਾਇ ਮੈਡਾ ਹਭੁ ਨਸੈ ॥੧॥
dhookh dharadh rog maae maiddaa habh nasai ||1||
then all my pains, troubles, and diseases vanish. ||1||

ਹਉ ਵੰਞਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੁ ਸਾਈ ਆਪਣੇ ॥
ho vannjaa kurabaan saaee aapanae ||
I am a sacrifice to my Lord Master.

ਹੋਵੈ ਅਨਦੁ ਘਣਾ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਜਾਪਣੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
hovai anadh ghanaa man than jaapanae ||1|| rehaao ||
Meditating on Him, a great joy wells up within my mind and body. ||1||Pause||

ਬਿੰਦਕ ਗਾਲ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਸੁਣੀ ਸਚੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਧਣੀ ॥
bindhak gaalih sunee sachae this dhhanee ||
I have heard only a little bit of news about the True Lord Master.

ਸੂਖੀ ਹੂੰ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇ ਮਾਇ ਨ ਕੀਮ ਗਣੀ ॥੨॥
sookhee hoon sukh paae maae n keem ganee ||2||
I have obtained the peace of all peace, O my mother; I cannot estimate its worth. ||2||

ਨੈਣ ਪਸੰਦੋ ਸੋਇ ਪੇਖਿ ਮੁਸਤਾਕ ਭਈ ॥
nain pasandho soe paekh musathaak bhee ||
He is so beautiful to my eyes; beholding Him, I have been bewitched.

ਮੈ ਨਿਰਗੁਣਿ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਇ ਆਪਿ ਲੜਿ ਲਾਇ ਲਈ ॥੩॥
mai niragun maeree maae aap larr laae lee ||3||
I am worthless, O my mother; He Himself has attached me to the hem of His robe. ||3||

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਹਭਾ ਹੂੰ ਬਾਹਰਾ ॥
baedh kathaeb sansaar habhaa hoon baaharaa ||
He is beyond the world of the Vedas, the Koran and the Bible.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ਦਿਸੈ ਜਾਹਰਾ ॥੪॥੩॥੧੦੫॥
naanak kaa paathisaahu dhisai jaaharaa ||4||3||105||
The Supreme King of Nanak is immanent and manifest. ||4||3||105||

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
aasaa mehalaa 5 ||
Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

ਲਾਖ ਭਗਤ ਆਰਾਧਹਿ ਜਪਤੇ ਪੀਉ ਪੀਉ ॥
laakh bhagath aaraadhhehi japathae peeo peeo ||
Tens of thousands of devotees worship and adore You, chanting, ""Beloved, Beloved.""

ਕਵਨ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਮੇਲਾਵਉ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਬਿਖਈ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
kavan jugath maelaavo niragun bikhee jeeo ||1||
How shall You unite me, the worthless and corrupt soul, with Yourself. ||1||

ਤੇਰੀ ਟੇਕ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਗੁਪਾਲ ਦਇਆਲ ਪ੍ਰਭ ॥
thaeree ttaek govindh gupaal dhaeiaal prabh ||
You are my Support, O Merciful God, Lord of the Universe, Sustainer of the World.

ਤੂੰ ਸਭਨਾ ਕੇ ਨਾਥ ਤੇਰੀ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਭ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
thoon sabhanaa kae naathh thaeree srisatt sabh ||1|| rehaao ||
You are the Master of all; the entire creation is Yours. ||1||Pause||

ਸਦਾ ਸਹਾਈ ਸੰਤ ਪੇਖਹਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਜੂਰਿ ॥
sadhaa sehaaee santh paekhehi sadhaa hajoor ||
You are the constant help and support of the Saints, who behold You Ever-present.

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਹੂਨੜਿਆ ਸੇ ਮਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਵਿਸੂਰਿ ਵਿਸੂਰਿ ॥੨॥
naam bihoonarriaa sae maranih visoor visoor ||2||
Those who lack the Naam, the Name of the Lord, shall die, engulfed in sorrow and pain. ||2||

ਦਾਸ ਦਾਸਤਣ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਟਿਆ ਤਿਨਾ ਗਉਣੁ ॥
dhaas dhaasathan bhaae mittiaa thinaa goun ||
Those servants, who lovingly perform the Lord's service, are freed from the cycle of reincarnation.

ਵਿਸਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਨਾੜਾ ਹਾਲੁ ਕਉਣੁ ॥੩॥
visariaa jinhaa naam thinaarraa haal koun ||3||
What shall be the fate of those who forget the Naam? ||3||

ਜੈਸੇ ਪਸੁ ਹਰ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਆਉ ਤੈਸਾ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਸਭ ॥
jaisae pas harihaaao thaisaa sansaar sabh ||
As are the cattle which have strayed, so is the entire world.

ਨਾਨਕ ਬੰਧਨ ਕਾਟਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਹੁ ਆਪਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੦੬॥
naanak bandhhan kaatt milaavahu aap prabh ||4||4||106||
O God, please cut away Nanak's bonds, and unite him with Yourself. ||4||4||106||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: