• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Should We Refer To "God"?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
If god is beyond language, how have you already defined him as a he, or as a person, a personality

We've already covered this in another thread, God has no image form, gender, caste or creed- we are are also Truth hence in reality, we are of the same. The 10 Masters referred to Him as He- hence I do also. Truth is beyond logic, there is no logic behind this.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
We've already covered this in another thread, God has no image form, gender, caste or creed- we are are also Truth hence in reality, we are of the same. The 10 Masters referred to Him as He- hence I do also. Truth is beyond logic, there is no logic behind this.

Personally I think the word 'God' is fine. Unlike some who associate this word to mean the personal (having form) bearded guy on a cloud Christian version, I think it's more a generic term to describe the Creator. Or simply 'Creator' (with a capital C) or 'The ONE' In reality NO WORD we can come up with will adequately describe our Creator. Around other Sikhs I use Waheguru. As a general term, God is the all encompassing word that means the same thing in all languages. Though different religions have different ideas as to what / who God is... it doesn't mean those meanings are carried over to what the word 'God' means. God by dictionary definition just means Creator of the Universe / Ultimate Supreme Consciousness / Originator which to me is a pretty generic description that can bridge all religions and languages to describe what we ultimately can not adequately describe.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Perhaps it's best I conclude my contributions with a small picture-story.

13445438_892039477572441_2430853074683501856_n.jpg

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM