Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

India How has Manmohan Singh treated Sikhs?

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by OneD10s, Mar 30, 2012.

1. OneD10s

OneD10s
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

My questions is not to cause spark! He himself has said during the Punjab elections that Punjab has declined in many areas. Surely he as the Prime minister of India can do something about that?

How has he helped Sikhs?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    #1 OneD10s, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Loading...

3. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

We need to recognize that a politician is a politician whether they are Sikh, Hindu or Muslim. So he is doing what is fundamental in politics as,

So for this objective he is a member of the Congress Party and his Sikhi at best is his personal space. We cannot but have to respect if that is how he wants to live. Is it possible that he could do more for Sikhs? Of course it is always possible. Some people have that outlook or personality and others don't or not as strongly.

There is no question that he has raised the visibility and stature of Sikhism on world stage.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. aristotle

aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

As a Sikh, Manmohan Singh has not made ANY special contribution to the Sikh community, not even Punjab. The real ideology which is working is that of the Congress, Manmohan Singh is a mere puppet, a seat-occupying exercise until the Gandhi scion is made the Prime Minister.

• Like Like x 1
  5. passingby

passingby
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Ki kahaan? kamzor hai. Usnu khud hi samajhna chahida ai.
    I am, personally, quite weak too. So I, as far as possible, accept that before others start pointing it out. Its the best way to save face. But Manmohan Singh ji seems to think otherwise.

6. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Politicians, Leaders, even Professionals like doctors, lawyers, etc actually have NO RELIGION....they are sikh muslim hindu just in name only..their main aim is what they DO...politics..profession etc. I once attended a New Year eve gathering of professionals doctors leaders and politicians...and the 14 year old son of the host approached his daddy while he was talking to me...he whispered..Daddy..that Man in the Blue Suit asked me for a whisky...but I know hes muslim..so what shall i do..the daddy laughed and said..son..no one here is a muslim/sikh/hindu/christian..we are all just men and women..having a good time...serve him whisky...ha ah..so manmohan is just a Name..he is neither Man..nor Mohan..nor Singh...and hes just doing his job....only fools will expect more than that from him..or from badal..or from makkarr..or from Dhumma..or anyone else....all are Role playing..dramatic actors....Bachittar Natakis...

7. OneD10s

OneD10s
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

David Cameron has recently said that England should get back to its Christian values.

8. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

That looks like a pipe dream..considering that NON_Christians are fast approaching more than 50% of UK population...??? Most Meat sold in Uk is already hallal....and calls for Syraiah laws are gaining ground...

• Like Like x 1
  9. jasi

jasi
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sardar Mohan Singh Ji like other politicians but his existence as a sikh have brought plenty of recognitions of Sikh community around the world.

He did contribute to open air port at Hazoor Sahib Ji called Guru Gobindh Singh air port and contributed many many others in Hindu dominated India.

We are all very proud to have him as a Prime mMnister of India which is one of the largest democracy in the world.

Jaspi

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joginder Singh Foley

Joginder Singh Foley United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

WJKKWJKF

Personally This Sikh will have far more time for manmohan singh when he starts asking his brahim/bjp/rss/hindu paymasters all the difficult and uncormfortable questions about 1984/bluestar, Sikh genocides, disappearances, extra-judicial killings {we irish know about those as the brits used them post 1969 in the north}, activities of kps gill and co, etc etc etc Untill then manmohan singh who seems to have forgotten what he is or where he came from and who is gonna judge him eventually is just another lying self serving poodle of a politician of which there are far to many on this planet

:angryyoungsingh:

11. BlazinSikh

BlazinSikh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Manmohan Singh is nothing but just a puppet, my personal view on Manmohan is that i think he is in power just so the indian goverment can show that they have no hatred against the sikhs or sikh community. Eventually when he last day's come he probably be the last and only "sikh" to be in power. Everyone on goverment in this mordern society can never be trusted, no matter whether they are muslims/sikhs/hindu/christian or what ever, never trust the goverment.

12. OneD10s

OneD10s
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

And the largest corruption in the world...

• Like Like x 3
  13. prakash.s.bagga

prakash.s.bagga
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

For Punjab Dr Manmohan Singh is a Prime Minister belonging to opposition Party so his statements are true what he is supposed to state .He is maintaining the tradition of
    what a stateman of opposition party should do.This is the political culture of India.
    Prakash.S.Bagga

14. Joginder Singh Foley

Joginder Singh Foley United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

PPPSSss...Wanna buy a 3G mobile phone license in India Cheap very Cheap

:redturban:

15. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

I think the only thing he has done for us is to be visible. Now people at least know we exist and a few realize that we are not Muslims

.:noticekudi:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kanwaljit Singh

Kanwaljit Singh India
    Expand Collapse
    Apache Spark, Scala developer
    Writer SPNer

It's too premature to say that inderjeet ji!

17. Inderjeet Kaur

Inderjeet Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Supporter

History will tell? As of now I cannot see anything else he has done for us.