Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

FAQs for Students How do Sikh kids clean themselves?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Admin Singh, Aug 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Just like everyone else, Sikh kids take showers and use soap and deodorant. Cleanliness is very important to Sikhs.

2. Loading...

3. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

For my son, except for his kes (hairs), I generally used a coarse sandpaper, followed by a quick once-over with a very fine sandpaper. After that, a cloth dampened with a mild solution of Woolite took off any remaining spots, leaving him nice and clean. Depending on his activities, this was either daily or twice daily.

He was then rubbed down with a natural, pure wood polish to give him just the right colour and shine.

As he got older and able to take care of his own hygiene, he did this himself, except for his back, which I still helped with. After all, a mother must feel useful.

:rofl!!::whisling:

His kes was washed with a mild natural shampoo, followed by an equally mild, natural conditioner-detangler. One a week this was preceded by an oil treatment with Amla oil mixed with extra extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil.

:rofl!!:

#2 Mai Harinder Kaur, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Where did the crazy question come from? Anyway Mai ji Your answer is hilarious. Remember the lines s in the poem of the Red Queen from Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Give pepper to your little child, and beat him when he sneezes Oh My! Such would not be permitted to day :ice:

5. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

Narayanjoy ji,
    I thought the same, but some people really have no idea that, in most ways, we are just like everyone else, so I posted my answer.

I have actually been asked - seriously, I think - if we ever wash our hair. YECHCH!!

:ice:

6. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

lol! All these questions are from the list of questions sikh students asked on the website thesikhnextdoor.com... they may sound hilarious but i am sure these questions are do asked from one time or other... :eek:

7. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Yes they are asked on one of our sister forums. :D