Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!

How do I fix scrolling in Access scrambling records?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Ima Wanderer, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    welcome!!!
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    Can Guru Sahib change our 'bhaag' (destiny/fortune) or we have to live with it ? is it fixed Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Oct 8, 2015
    Save Your Sanity for Less (Financial Fix Video) Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Jan 15, 2014
    Build Your Own Sikh Art Exhibit: Call for SPN Members to Fix a Problem! Sikh Youth Oct 17, 2013
    India Four Men Convicted in Rape Case That Transfixed India Breaking News Sep 10, 2013
    Opinion Human Evolution: No Easy Fix Breaking News Oct 5, 2011

  3. xRoachx

    xRoachx
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Hi Ima -- What do you mean by "scrambled?"

    "Ima Wanderer" wrote:

    > We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > welcome!!!
     
  4. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    The customer name has a different customer's address and information. All the
    customer names, addresses, purchase records, etc., are mixed.

    "xRoachx" wrote:

    > Hi Ima -- What do you mean by "scrambled?"
    >
    > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    >
    > > We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > > we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > > database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > > know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > > welcome!!!
     
  5. xRoachx

    xRoachx
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    When the scramble occurs, how is the information being viewed? Through a form
    or the table?

    "Ima Wanderer" wrote:

    > The customer name has a different customer's address and information. All the
    > customer names, addresses, purchase records, etc., are mixed.
    >
    > "xRoachx" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Ima -- What do you mean by "scrambled?"
    > >
    > > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    > >
    > > > We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > > > we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > > > database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > > > know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > > > welcome!!!
     
  6. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    In a drop-down box.

    "xRoachx" wrote:

    > When the scramble occurs, how is the information being viewed? Through a form
    > or the table?
    >
    > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    >
    > > The customer name has a different customer's address and information. All the
    > > customer names, addresses, purchase records, etc., are mixed.
    > >
    > > "xRoachx" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi Ima -- What do you mean by "scrambled?"
    > > >
    > > > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > > > > we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > > > > database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > > > > know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > > > > welcome!!!
     
  7. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    When we open the drop-down box and use the mouse wheel to scroll through the
    names, the records scramble so that addresses, phone numbers, client
    information for one client are then shifted to an entirely different client
    name.

    "xRoachx" wrote:

    > When the scramble occurs, how is the information being viewed? Through a form
    > or the table?
    >
    > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    >
    > > The customer name has a different customer's address and information. All the
    > > customer names, addresses, purchase records, etc., are mixed.
    > >
    > > "xRoachx" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi Ima -- What do you mean by "scrambled?"
    > > >
    > > > "Ima Wanderer" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > > > > we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > > > > database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > > > > know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > > > > welcome!!!
     
  8. John Vinson

    John Vinson
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Ima Wanderer <Ima
    Wanderer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    >we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    >database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    >know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    >welcome!!!


    Without knowing a lot more about the structure of the database and the
    nature of the "scrolling" (and the scrambling), I haven't a clue how
    to answer.

    Can you see the default database window when you open the database? If
    not, does holding down the Shift key while opening reveal it? Are you
    using a Form, the table datasheet, a query, or what...?

    John W. Vinson[MVP]
     
  9. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    When the database is opened, it opens to the Main Menu form. From there we go
    to a Project Information form, then to a Planholder Detail form, then to a
    Planholder information form. This is where the dropdown list is located. As
    long as no one uses the mouse wheel to scroll through the names, there is no
    problem. Inevitably, someone scrolls with the wheel, and scrambles the
    records.

    "John Vinson" wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Ima Wanderer <Ima
    > Wanderer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > >we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > >database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > >know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > >welcome!!!

    >
    > Without knowing a lot more about the structure of the database and the
    > nature of the "scrolling" (and the scrambling), I haven't a clue how
    > to answer.
    >
    > Can you see the default database window when you open the database? If
    > not, does holding down the Shift key while opening reveal it? Are you
    > using a Form, the table datasheet, a query, or what...?
    >
    > John W. Vinson[MVP]
    >
     
  10. Ima Wanderer

    Ima Wanderer
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    I've found through an internet search that the fix is a Visual Basix ActiveX
    DLL Event. I found it at

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278379

    ACC2000: How to Detect and Prevent the Mouse Wheel from Scrolling Through
    Records in a Form.

    My sincere thanks to you all,

    Ima Wanderer

    "John Vinson" wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 May 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Ima Wanderer <Ima
    > Wanderer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >We have a database that stores names, addresses, and customer information. If
    > >we "scroll" in the list of names, the whole list ends up scrambled. This
    > >database was created by someone who is no longer working here, so we don't
    > >know what to do to fix this problem. Anyone know what to do? All help
    > >welcome!!!

    >
    > Without knowing a lot more about the structure of the database and the
    > nature of the "scrolling" (and the scrambling), I haven't a clue how
    > to answer.
    >
    > Can you see the default database window when you open the database? If
    > not, does holding down the Shift key while opening reveal it? Are you
    > using a Form, the table datasheet, a query, or what...?
    >
    > John W. Vinson[MVP]
    >
     

Share This Page