Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

How Do I Convert to Sikhism?

Discussion in 'New to Sikhism' started by guest, Mar 12, 2010.

1. guest

Expand Collapse

Sep 14, 2007
    I started learning of Sikhism about a year ago. I just recently left Islam and started learning more about Sikhsim. the more I learned the more I fell in love with it. it's a beautiful religion. I want to be Sikh now, but how do I convert? I would go to a temple but the closest one to my home is very far away, and I don't want to ask anyone to take me because I want to keep it to myself for a while.

Is there a way I can convert without having to go to a temple?
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Basic Questions about Converting to Sikhism Questions and Answers Nov 15, 2013
    Converting to Sikhism Hard Talk Aug 31, 2012
    Why are people converting to Sikhism? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 1, 2012
    Question About Converting To Sikhism For A Married Person Questions and Answers Jun 3, 2012
    How to convert to Sikhism? Sikh Youth May 30, 2012

3. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse

Apr 4, 2005

There is no official conversion ceremony if you want to convert in sikhism in Sehajdhari form.Mean's No 5ks.Just start following the basics Like doing paath and following other basic teachings of sikhism.

But if you want to convert it into khalsa and take Amrit andd want to keep 5ks then you have to go to Gurdwara and take Amrit.BTW at present I don't advise you to immdiately take Amrit as you have to follow strict code of conduct which may be difficuilt for you

Here is the sikh copy of code of conduct what an ideal sikh should do.

Sikh Reht Maryada, The Definition of Sikh, Sikh Conduct & Conventions, Sikh Religion Living, India

Anyway it does not mean you have to do all things but you can slowly slowly learn things about sikhism
    • Like Like x 5
  4. harmanpreet singh

harmanpreet singh India
    Expand Collapse

Nov 14, 2008

i agree with Kanwar deep singh ji .

may i ask Why you want to convert from Islam to Sikhi ? ;)