• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Do Animations Of Sikh Gurus/Heroes Hurt Religious Sentiments?

Which images of Sikh Gurus, Sants or shaheeds offend or hurt your religious sentiments? Please check

• Posters of Sikh Gurus

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Calendars with images of Sikh Gurus

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Postcards of Sikh Gurus

• e-cards for gurpurabs with images of Sikh Gurus

• Animated videos of the janamsakhis of the Gurus

• Gurbani kirtan videos with pictures of Sikh Gurus

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Images of Sikh Gurus on the walls of Gurdwaras

• Images of Sikh Gurus on the walls of private homes

• Illustrations of Sikh Gurus in books about Sikhism

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Illustrations of Sikh Gurus in articles on the Internet or in magazines

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Other. Kindly tell us about it in the discussion thread.

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
Guru Nanak preached against the mala in Shlok Seheskriti. Gal mala tilak lelatang. Pg 1353

Why do we tolerate pictures of Guru Nanak holding a mala prayer beeds when he was against it?

Why are we copying the Hindus and the Catholic Church where people bow down and pray to saints?

Why do all the pictures of the Gurus wear Naamdhari turbans?

Some of the earliest paintings of the Gurus were done by Hindus, beautiful paintings, very colorful. I can understand it is their understanding of how the Gurus appeared. Guru pictures are only for reminding us about the Gurus and what they taught, not for bowing to or burning incense in front of. There should never be a picture of a human form behind the palkee so as not to commit moorit puuja.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Guru Nanak preached against the mala in Shlok Seheskriti. Gal mala tilak lelatang. Pg 1353

Why do we tolerate pictures of Guru Nanak holding a mala prayer beeds when he was against it?

Why are we copying the Hindus and the Catholic Church where people bow down and pray to saints?

Why do all the pictures of the Gurus wear Naamdhari turbans?

Some of the earliest paintings of the Gurus were done by Hindus, beautiful paintings, very colorful. I can understand it is their understanding of how the Gurus appeared. Guru pictures are only for reminding us about the Gurus and what they taught, not for bowing to or burning incense in front of. There should never be a picture of a human form behind the palkee so as not to commit moorit puuja.

Dear harsimitkaur ji,
<?"urn::eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
It is lost cause trying to stop worshiping fake pictures of all the guru’s. Now you can buy a brass idol of Guru Nanak at the Harmander. Where it is going to stop I have no idea. As far as I know there are no real pictures of any Guru. You can find so many tails that this is true or that one is true picture. But in reality no picture is real.
<o:p> </o:p>
All of us here in SPN should keep any picture of any Guru or baba Deep Sing or Banda Bahadar. It is insult to the gurus to have their picture. SGPC should put the ban on printing any picture of Gurus. Even in Sikh museum at Harmander there are pictures of Gurus.
Here is some thing we can be proud of our Sikh solders. It is in the time of English raaj
http://sikhchic.com/history/the_saga_of_saragarhi

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
seekr3k ji

Do you want this article posted separately under Sikh History? It will take only a few minutes. I don't want to post it if you feel otherwise.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
seekr3k ji

Do you want this article posted separately under Sikh History? It will take only a few minutes. I don't want to post it if you feel otherwise.

I just wanted to share it with brothers and sisters. I believe it was exlent artical. I dont know every thing about where these post are best suited. I leave it up to you. Longs it is read by many it will be ok where ever you think it should be.

Thanks for the avtar.

seeker3k

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
SS AKAL JI

As my basic concern about every thing being practice in daily life by Sikhs at large at homes or worshiping places with all kinds of hypocrisies , the day is not very far to realize that how much damages we have caused to Guru Nanak preachings and philosophy.

All concerns mentioned by <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->harsimiritkaur is one of the example of many who are pouring out their concerns what we preach and what we do in daily lives to show the world our Sikhism.Our leaders in SPGC must take U turn to apply and practice Guru Nanak 's philosophy and teachings by denouncing any one with last names which identify one's cast back ground should be considered breaching the ethics of Sikhism.

Cast system was #1 cancer which gave so much pains to millions of so called low cast people which is beyond any expressions and still being practices in India on large scale basis .

First thing Guru Nanak pioneered the philosophy to denounced cast system and replace the respect of female genders by comparing that the same women who gives birth to the kings and prophets should be respected like any one else.

Cast system was direct cause of disunity among Indian to make ruled by Muslims invaders and others over 2000 years under foreign rulers. Now India has to pass a law for such people who still practice castism will be sent to jail by law.

What a wonderful world would be if we demonstrate to 6 billions of people Guru Nanak's revelations of that we are all are one and come from one light regardless of any organized religions or cast

Guru Gobindh Singh used this tool of oneness philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev to create a powerful Khalsa force by giving new name to be called SINGH regardless of their cast or origins basis.It produced such a history of unity which world is witness to our struggle against tyranny of Muguls.

One can clearly see today's world with all kinds of tails behinds each Sikh names next Singh and still we claim to have a faith in Sikhism.

All these rituals and belief in cast system are being practiced from grass roots of our births and then teach our children you are a Sikh ,he is Hindu ,he is Muslim and he is this that by creating different walls .

Today children are reacting to our self made identity to be this cast or that cast is back firing by many growing generations in modern world.We forgot all together what is the foundations of the Sikh faith which was created by Guru Nanak that all human beings are the same.

Hindus society has been always envied our faith to disblief in cast system.

But we all practices the followings;

-cast system

-rituals

-idol worshiping with burning incenses ( THERE IS NOTHING LEFT WHAT WE DO NOT
PRACTICE LIKE HINDUS OR OTHER RITUALS)

-Worshiping idols and all kinds of other gods pictures in bushiness places run by Sikhs
Bowing their heads and making Artie's status or pictures by considering one of the god
will help them to succeed in their business in front of their own children who got sick in
their minds by watching this most hypocritical practices by their own mother and
father give a new birth to resentments of our Sikhism preachings.

-Fights among Sikhs in many Guru Dawaras became so Commons in every city to seek
more role to be president or CHOUDRIES in Guru Dawara divided on cast bases.

-One of the real universal faith blessed us by Guru Nanak Dev Ji could hardly passed
Punjab borders which is meant not only for Sikhs but for the whole world humanity by
denouncing all other faiths to that we all come from one light and there is no Hindu or
Muslim.
- Our main stream of organizations SPGC has failed to demonstrate the real preaching
and practices,awareness to the world through modern media in all languages to
convey Guru Nanak Dev's messages.

-All the priests must have at last college degree or in GIANI to display their unbiased
preaching to all.

All we can do and watch our leaders in their orthodox thinking only but not applying what we are blessed in GUR GRANTH SAHIB JI to practice in our daily lives.

The results are becoming more visible in every walks of life where there is least respect for each others .

Love for kith and kins or others are e being evaporated at the fastest pace.

Jaspi

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM