Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

How can you get the ADO version installed on worksation?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by ZRexRider, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. ZRexRider

    ZRexRider
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Does anyone know if there is an object property or other "property"
    that I can access through VBA that will tell me which version of ADO
    that my application is using?

    My application is spread around a generally well maintained corporate
    network but I've found some problems occurring when my application uses
    older version of ADO. I'd like my application to be a little more
    proactive and warn me about this condition before "odd behaviour" is
    reported by a non-technical user.

    Thanks
     
  2. Loading...


  3. Jamie Collins

    Jamie Collins
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    ZRexRider wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is an object property or other "property"
    > that I can access through VBA that will tell me which version of ADO
    > that my application is using?


    The most recent version installed on my machine is ADO 2.8, a fact I
    can easily confirm in VBA via the registry e.g.

    Dim con
    Set con = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection.2.8")

    Jamie.

    --
     
  4. ZRexRider

    ZRexRider
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thanks Jamie - that's the nudge I needed:

    This works too:

    debug.print CurrentProject.Connection.Version

    But my guess would be your way is safest

    Thanks



    Jamie Collins wrote:
    > ZRexRider wrote:
    > > Does anyone know if there is an object property or other "property"
    > > that I can access through VBA that will tell me which version of ADO
    > > that my application is using?

    >
    > The most recent version installed on my machine is ADO 2.8, a fact I
    > can easily confirm in VBA via the registry e.g.
    >
    > Dim con
    > Set con = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection.2.8")
    >
    > Jamie.
    >
    >
     
  5. Jamie Collins

    Jamie Collins
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    ZRexRider wrote:
    > debug.print CurrentProject.Connection.Version
    >
    > But my guess would be your way is safest


    No, I think I prefer yours!

    Jamie.

    --
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page