• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General How Can I Improve My Kirtan?

gsingh2011

SPNer
Feb 21, 2010
I love to do kirtan and I've improved a lot in the last few years but it seems like I'm not getting any better now. There as some people I know who do amazing and beautiful kirtan, and I want to be able to sing and play like that. I practice everyday, and I learn the meanings of the shabads so I can sing from my heart. What should I do to get better?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
  • Get a proper music teacher
  • Learn other styles of singing
  • Learn other instruments
  • etc
Practice is to become consisteny with what you do so that you make less errors while doing it, you need to start learning new things!
The more you learn the better you become. ;) Get crazy with it!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I love to do kirtan and I've improved a lot in the last few years but it seems like I'm not getting any better now. There as some people I know who do amazing and beautiful kirtan, and I want to be able to sing and play like that. I practice everyday, and I learn the meanings of the shabads so I can sing from my heart. What should I do to get better?

gsingh2011 ji

It might be time for you to seek out a teacher who can take you to the next level. That may mean travel to another country -- or perhaps travel within the country where you live. Perhaps a temporary stay in a city where there are schools operated by reknowned kirtaan teachers.

I can list some if that thought appeals to you. You would have to look into financing your living and your new education. There may even been scholarship money. Without looking into it systematically, it is hard to say. But the answers are on the Internet.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: