• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Are Babies Murdered By Their Own Mothers?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Rajneesh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Before I respond to this, I must say I have a lot of respect for you and enjoy your thoughtful comments and postings, although I am still waiting for the response for my following post:
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjab-punjabi-punjabiyat/36846-no-punjabi-in-punjab-5.html#post153610

I hope you share your thoughts on what is mentioned in the post above.

Now coming back to this thread that you started, "How are babies murdered by their own mothers?", I have no idea if you have seen the whole video and checked who made it. If you had, then you would notice that wecare.com, the company that created this video, promotes abortions and other advertisements.

http://wecare.com/Abortion-Info.htm...VDZwtidA2jlltwcggETCJfV7Pbp7asCFSM7gwodrUwoUg

But that is not the point I am trying to make. The video itself is very misleading to say the least. A fetus is a potential baby, not a baby as shown in the video you posted. Before becoming a fetus, it is called an embryo. A fetus is also called a parasite. A fetus becomes a human after birth.

Many miscarriages happen even a week or days before the birth. Whose fault is it then? This way the deity God becomes the biggest abortionist ever existed.

No woman wants the fetus to be aborted unless she is pressured by the society, in this case our Indian society, (mainly by her own family) if the fetus is a girl. But, it is a choice all women must have for whatever reason they see fit and the least should be because it may be a potential girl.

Tejwant Singh

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
This thing has to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. I don't think in all fairness anyone can say Abortion is forbidden full stop or just go ahead and do it if you feel like it because you were stupid and didn't take precautions etc

That said, I think there is a discussion to be had around a period after which the option to abort is to be severely limited

I am no biologist so I can't say what that period might be....

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Seeker9 Ji, why do you believe there should be a point at which the option to abort be limited?

I think there is a common argument that if the child could survive on it's own outside the womb, then it shouldn't be aborted. If it can only survive when attached to it's mother, then it's OK.

Not my personal opinion which I will reserve for now.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Dear Ishna Ji

I would have to research further but I am sure there have been some high profile cases in the past in the US...

Basically, the question is at what age does the embryonic human acquire the same basic human rights that you and I enjoy?

For example, broadly speaking, we wouldn't expect someone to sanction our deaths would we on the basis we were not required?
Broadly speaking, we wouldn't want someone to sanction the death of a new born baby either?

Or a baby that is 30 wks old, 20 wks (from conception) etc....?

So what is the cut off point??

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM