Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

homosexuality

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by university_guy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. university_guy

university_guy
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

yeah...I was just wondering... what the sikh view on homosexuality is...I've heard conflicting answers

2. Loading...

3. vijaydeep Singh

vijaydeep Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gurfateh

We alreaDY HAVE OUR MEEMBER Charmal Choclate ,who is also a gay.In contraversial debates we can have a look on that about Sikhism and homosexuality thread.

In Sikhs orthodox Sikhs are libral on this issue while reformers of Protestants are rigidly opposed to it.While mainstream of Catholic like is a bit still on a postion to draw conclusion.Das(vijaydeep Singh) is from orthodox side.

4. Pukandi Baba

Pukandi Baba
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

My thoughts on this...

If God is compassioante as many religions teach, i'm sure Akal Purakh will be more concerned about the godd bad actions of this so called 'gay 'lesbian' than to worry about the sexuality!

5. charan173

charan173
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

homosexuality??....mmmm what i can share here is, before we give any ideas on this matters, we shall understand the reasons why ppl tend to practise this way of life instead of hetro which is worldwide accepted (demanded / encouraged) culturally and by most of the religion in the world.
    basically, people who lack of religion knowledges and free thinkers tend to involve in this 'way of life'. Of course, in Sikhism we dont accept homosexual, but strongly encouraged the Sikhs to get married (dharam gristha) and of course u must marry the opposite sex :))