• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hindu Origins Of Astrology - Any Relevance To Sikhi?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Aad0002 Jee!

Thanks for the wonderful reference from Gurdev.
Gurdev is not suggesting anyone to ban or forbid something, in my understanding.
My beloved Guru is explaining His Experience that without Gur one is not freed from Karma. He may be a Pandit who contemplates on astrology and Veda. He expresses approval of discussions and arguments that continue his coming and going.

Watch the Sikh Pandits, so-called Gyaanees, carefully. They discuss and argue over Gurbaanee holding their firm stands.

Quote from TGill Jee "Lawyers does the same thing. I suggest they should be ostracized from Sikhi."
The true lawyer has come to know true Simran. The true lawyer helps dispelling ignorance and recognizing Godly laws.
A lawyer without true Simran prays for more disputes between folks and new customers.

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Balbir ji

In my opinion you are right. Guru ji is not forbidding astrology. Only saying that it is useless.

Rehit Maryada forbids astrology -- and because the rehit is the historical invention of humans in the early 20th Century -- and because SGPC has changed its mind several times in history about a number of theological matters including Who Is A Sikh? -- one can I believe debate the rehit on this matter. And other matters.

So maybe this is where the historical discussion lies -- with the rehit.

Just thinking out loud.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Quote "In my opinion you are right. Guru ji is not forbidding astrology."
Thank God. You understood it.

Quote "Only saying that it is useless."
In my knowledge, nowhere Gurdev has said that astrology is useless.

Gurdev is suggesting that studying astrology, Veda or other scripture does not help alone without true Naam Simran.
Who knows why many Sikhs have adopted the same path and got lost?

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Balabir ji

I do not know how people get lost in any religion.

Yes, your interpretation is better than mine. More precise.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Quote "I do not know how people get lost in any religion."
The true Gurus have sung often that God is not available by reading any scripture, discussing or analyzing it. Strange, preachers have always found ways to convince folks to do that. For them business must go on. They only divert simple heart people to read new scriptures discarding others.
Just imagine, people receive true Naam and come to know its truth. Who will go to attend a preacher's lecture?
Please do not be in illusion. People go to listen, the Satguru. In the garb of Satguru they meet a preacher who teaches moral science.
The true Gurus transfer true Naam. The true moral is the result.

One may experience the worth of all scriptures and its learning with the developing conscious mind alone. This is best possible with true Naam and the Gur of its Simran. The riddle remains otherwise.

Balbir Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: