• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hinduism Hindu Legends

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
The quote you gave about Krishan clearly says that it was attributed to GOD, not Krishna who shows promiscuous behavior in Bindravan regardless of the spellings.
The pauri precisely states that the God was in the form of Krishna who is recognized in Gurbani as an avataar (manifestation/incarnation/ descending of the God to earth) for that particular age. Can their be any disagreement? We know that Gurbani also corrects that all the major Hindu devas fell into Maya. I agree with you completely, that when Krishna as an avtar spoke from God-consciousness in Bhagavad-Gita it was not as personality of Krishna. But Gurbani clearly states that:
[/FONT] As a Gursikh Bhain ji, you understand that Akaalpurakh(GOD) is known as inexpressible. In the past people explained HIM but couldn’t due to HIS infinite nature. This idea is very dominant in Jap Ji. Strictly defining HIM, Guru ji expresses HIS being “only one reality from the beginning to forever (eternal Truth), beyond birth and death that makes it very clear that HIS being in incarnation as an individual is impossible. Now come to other form about which Gurbani states. It is known as “sargun” form. In simple words HE is every where. Question rises, how HE can be in form when HE is beyond “birth” Take a deep breath and think, “how is it possible?” Guru Answers it” kehna kathn n jayee”(He cannot be expressed). If so, why even Guru ji trying to express? If we converse with astronaut about all cosmos, planets and galaxies, he/she just tries to interpret what is known and leave his/her lame answer with a tag” we have to find more, there is lot up there”. Guru ji shares what he could express but also warn us about a fact of HIS infinity. “sargun” form is through which He is experienced. In simple words” within ourselves and in others””tu bharpoor janya me dur( I thought- it was my limited understanding- that you are far away but I found you very close, every where). So calling any one God as per Guru declaration is a betrayal to HIM, respecting all His expressions or sargun form is honor to Him. Avtar, literally means to take birth, some are just stuck with the word and think, its meaning is not to take birth but Prophet since HE himself came through these Avtaras. If HE comes through them and is taken over by Maya, lust etc, what is the difference between others and Him, now he is seen(like Krishna) also involved like others in Maya. Gurbani says who involves in HIM totally becomes like HIM(GGS Ji 397 Asa Mehla 5). Question rises if He is already there then why only by getting involved in Him one can become like HIM. Answer is very simple. The person totally lost in HIM becomes different from others as HE is, but in a body that person represents Him as completely indifferent to Maya. In this context Guru ji becomes like HIM but Guru ji is not avtar like Krishna who involves in promiscuous activities. Guru ji is one through whom HE is seen. If Krishna is sargun form, so you are, and Babas, Sant, other cult leaders. Quality of spiritual goodness is learned from those ones who remain undefeated from Maya, that is not the case with either Ram( who sends away his wife to Jungle just because a washer man says” I am not like Ram, I shall keep a woman who lived in another mans’ house for that long”, Krishna keeps satisfying his promiscuous urges with ladies. For Sikhs, they are revered Devtas of Hindus and we respect that, it is O.K. but they cannot be inspiration for Sikhs. I strongly say, regardless of their references, even as Sargun form of HIM, they are not helpful as most of His other sargun form is not. This idea to make any kind of link to our Guru ji or Gurbachan is silly and uncalled for.

ਆਪੇਗੋਪੀਕਾਨੁਹੈਪਿਆਰਾਬਨਿਆਪੇਗਊਚਰਾਹਾ
aapae gopee kaan hai piaaraa ban aapae goo charaahaa ||
The Beloved Himself is the milk-maid and
Krishna; He Himself herds the cows in the woods.
ਆਪੇਸਾਵਲਸੁੰਦਰਾਪਿਆਰਾਆਪੇਵੰਸੁਵਜਾਹਾ
aapae saaval sundharaa piaaraa aapae vans vajaahaa ||
The Beloved Himself is the blue-skinned, handsome one; He Himself plays on His flute.
ਕੁਵਲੀਆਪੀੜੁਆਪਿਮਰਾਇਦਾਪਿਆਰਾਕਰਿਬਾਲਕਰੂਪਿਪਚਾਹਾ੨॥
kuvaleeaa peerr aap maraaeidhaa piaaraa kar baalak roop pachaahaa ||2||
The Beloved Himself took the form of a child, and destroyed Kuwalia-peer, the mad elephant. ||2||

Only His Sargun sroop is expressed in the above quote just as “ ghat ghat riha smaee, nothing more. Why even you are quoting it.

. But even Gurbani clearly states in many pauris that vaishnav bhagkti and bhairaag are the way to approach the Supreme.
Bhain ji, I suspect here confusion. There is only one way as per Guru Vaak I quoted yesterday, without Guru Shabad, there is no other way, I am not even interested in this kind of thing to enrich my knowledge, its silly.
Clearly there are elements of truth and profound symbolism behind these alleged "stories" which relate to the very nature of Sikh theology.
[/FONT] Bhain ji what is the symbol behind cutting head of Ravan? Guru ji in that context simply saying it is all HIS Ordinance, period. What is the symbol of “rang”(enjoyment) in Bindravan? Simply Guru ji is saying the the guy was enjoying with the ladies. What is the symbol behind” Ram roya…(Cry)” Guru ji simply saying Ram even couldn’t understand Ordinance of God, he was crying like every body over wife and brother. Just see above, all credit is given to HIM instead of any mortal. If that much immense love you harbor in your heart for HIM, only then you will get over the illusions of Sargun Sroop Avtar or Devta thing. Let me put another example to clear why I do not want to give any importance to them in context of Gumat. Assume you are sitting in a Bus chartered for Dasm Duar. While sitting, you pay attention to all around Maya temptations and exceptional leaders and others who are attracting you. Bus goes on if you don’t pay attention to other than your Guru advice and HIM; however, it has to stop if you desire to check out all attractive Maya Sroop. Walking on Guru Panth and keeping nostalgia for ancient wisdom (which actually was used to corrupt the society for centuries) will not lead you any where, for academic boasting, it sounds nice.. Single-minded attention is not achieved by paying so much significance to all that which as per Guru couldn’t even helpful to achieve Him.

I object to the assumption that anything in Gurbani is intrinsically devoid of reality or
[/FONT] symbolically untrue or mere historic curiosity simply because we do not understand. I am of the conviction that entire Gurbani is revealed, Divine, and supernatural truth which penetrates mysteries of the nirgun and sargun aspects of the Parabrahm Vaheguru. Gurbani brings into sansaaric realm hyperdimensional realities even beyond comprehension of a human brain. We do our best to understand, but Guru perceives what we cannot. And so I show respect for entire Gurbani as Living, true and real, even what I cannot grasp.
You are displaying confused ideas about people who are in disagreement with you. We just want to stick to our Guru, why you are throwing others on us as His Sargun Sroop to give any consideration. For me, past sargun sroop of GOD is dead, better it is dead, just because Guru ji tried take people to the Main Source, Hindus became enemy of Guru ji and you are telling us to reconsider those so called Avtar. There is book in Punjabi, published by SGPC written by Sankrit genius pandit who converted to Sikhism, he openly says that Sikhs should only follow Guru Granth Sahib Ji and there is nothing to learn from Vedas, puranas or other Devtas. The ones who themselves were intoxicated by Maya, what would they teach us. I shall give you name of the writer; it is with me sitting some where in my book selection. Vedic Aryans were deeply involved in human sacrifices and obscenity( Naramedhayaana Yujar Veda Samita, check out Atharva Veda x7 Please read Dr. Ambedkar on this ancient Vedas,) your eyes will be opened regarding Veda Wisdom.

Descriptions of the Mahadevas are not said to be mythology, but reality. I would find it completely offensive as a Sikh, if a Hindu was posting that stories of Guru in Gurbani were all legends and untrue. It would be showing the heighth of disrespect for our sentiments. And for this reason I request that the title be changed to something less dismissive and disrespectful to:"Hindu symbolism"
First of all, I already wrote above, Hindu Symbolism is not all we discuss about Hinduism. If they say our Janamsakhi are mythology, I wouldn’t feel offended. We are not interested to dig down if those were Historical or not. Every thing referred in GGS Ji is not verified by Guru ji as Historical. Guru ji referred about Yugas but concludes that only that time is good when His Nam Simran is done. Please don’t bring now Yuga discussion, I just refer it as references Guru ji gave but has not specifically verified as Historical truth about them.

Ham Hindu Nahin" The damage is done. I feel more damage doers are those who keep making link with all this stuff. Their argument is" Why it is there?" There are other references are too. But they dont listen. Even Bhagatas wrote against this, read a shabad by Namdev who directly talks about these stories. But they are programmed.and wont listen and realize the reality Then Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh ji are directly related to Hindu stories- characters. Were they real? Or myth? It is not our problem to check it out.
Just because elements of Vaishnav philosophy exist in Gurbani doesn't make Sikhism into Hinduism, that is a political construct to deny independance and nationhood. Apart
[/FONT] from the political sphere, how can anything written in Gurbani be disregarded as "not for us" or as "myth and untrue?"
You once wrote splitting hair; actually you are very good at it. When I say, they are not for us, I just meant they are not promoted by Gurbani as something to enlighten our minds. About myth, I wrote before how this word is justified to be used with some imaginative events, but you keep saying it is true, so it be, please save my time from answering the same thing again and again. There is no element of any thing in Gurbani, it’s revealed,( You admit that) if it resembles with some thing, so what!

If it is in Gurbani, there is a deep meaning for us to perceive. For example, how many threads and discussions have centered around, "Are the Guru's (One Jyot) God? And theologically we can't even begin to understand this if we disregard the pauris relating to traditional Vaishnav philosophy of Avtaars and the Primal absolute (nirgun and sargun Parabrahm). To eliminate this point of the Gurbani because you think it "makes Sikhs into Hindus" renders the Sikh community incapable of understanding the nature of Guru, was He 10 bodies of men, or God the Uncreated, or God-conscious avatar?
Bhain in Punjab, if they listen to your praise about Devtas, Vedas< mahadeva, Krishnas, they will start going to Mandir again. Hinduas will love you to promote their agenda” Sikhism is off shoot of Hindu” Today, many of the Sikhs( Save for Amritdharis, if I am right but not sure) worship Devis for quick rewards( thanks to those Sikhs who have Hindu hang over)This is the way your views appear, a complete devoted Hindu who just happen to be a Sikh. I wonder, after learning so much, why you are so adamant about this fact. You were so much intoxicated with these views that you said” Japji is not totality of Gurbani” Calling Krishan as incarnation of God, being praised by Gurus as Avtars( Gurbani means Gurus). It doesn’t show that you have clear mind for Nanak panth. I smell from your behavior Bhain ji, old Mahant group who were half Hindu and Half Sikh, technically confused guys. Please don’t take it as I am saying to you, only your views are my target.

Clearly He was not the physical body, so we do not worship His manhood like an idol. Clearly He was not the Uncreated Parabrahm. And just as clearly, He was a Divine being descended into the sansaara who could speak from God-consciousness. And this explains the Divine nature of the shabad. It comes from higher dimensional realm of reality. And the thing is, to discuss concepts from higher levels of reality, the human brain is insufficient to digest. That is why symbolic mathematical physics is required to grasp and comprehend the superior dimensional realities. So we know from science that symbolism, and mythology are used to explain profoundly deep truths which are counterintuitive to the human intellect. This is why I cannot dismiss outright any story, however outlandish, without analyzing what the symbolism must be. For example:

ਜਹਦੇਖਾਤਹਰਵਿਰਹੇਸਿਵਸਕਤੀਕਾਮੇਲੁ
jeh dhaekhaa theh rav rehae siv sakathee kaa mael ||
Wherever I look, I see the Lord pervading there, in the union of Shiva and Shakti, of
[/FONT]
consciousness and matter.
Do you mean Shiv Shakti is any thing to do with Shiv ji? If yes, please reconsider translation, it is horrible. I would recommend you not to quote Gurbani because everytime I read it, I feel stunned to see what happened to Gurbani understanding. Waheguru ang sang! I recommend you to ignore Sant Singh Khalsa and use Manmohan Singh, is better than him to understand if not perfect.
ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁਗੁਣਬੰਧੀਦੇਹੁਰੀਜੋਆਇਆਜਗਿਸੋਖੇਲੁ
thrihu gun bandhhee dhaehuree jo aaeiaa jag so khael ||
The three qualities hold the body in bondage; whoever comes into the world is subject to their play.
~SGGS Ji p. 21

As the above passage describes duality, how the opposition of energy fields is necessary to express material experience, it shows how there would be no foundation of matter without duality. There would be no material existence. Shiva and Shakti represent symbolic dimensional structure but also conscious aliveness at the heart of matter. Conscious energy. God is conscious in the energy. We can't make artificial divisions based in dualistic misunderstanding that Shiv is NOT Parabrahm, and therefore not God. In this aspect, both Shiva and Shakti are derivitives of the One generative potential. The Parabrahm is manifest in the creation by the conscious awareness of Shiva and Shakti pervading within it. This is only the dimensional unfolding of how creation works. And it's not mythology. It's symbolic of real processes which can be explained by science.
I already commented on it, you are singing the same tune, known as mixing up
Look at the Gurbani again:
ਉਛਲਿਆਕਾਮੁਕਾਲਮਤਿਲਾਗੀਤਉਆਨਿਸਕਤਿਗਲਿਬਾਂਧਿਆ੨॥
oushhaliaa kaam kaal math laagee tho aan sakath gal baandhhiaa ||2||
You are overflowing with sexual desire, and your intellect is stained with darkness; you are held in the grip of Shakti's power. ||2||
~SGGS Ji p. 93

So we shouldn't be offended by these kinds of references.
What other word Guru ji should have used to express Lust? Krishna’s acts were promiscuous, lust(KAAM) is very appropriate, how can you even compare it with Krishna act in context of offending any one. Some time too much knowledge leads to confusion, it is still time to follow nothing but Guru’s shown path to be worthy of HIM.
They are illustrating for us the nature of material existence and explaining the weaknesses at the core of our being which are related to existence in sansaaric world and human nature. The goal of course is how to transcend these limitations and bondage. Jesus is like an avatar which has some parallel to Krishna (Krystos-Christ)
You are saying that? I am surprised, comparing Jesus with Maya ridden Krishna!!!

And do living things evolve over the God. But because truth never contradicts, those elements which were truth in past ages don't become untruths in this one.
You have read them, you have found them very useful, congratulation, for me, all are just mere references, it will be wastage my time in studying Vedas and others you call ancient truth. Here understanding of Gurbani as per true Guru message,
[/FONT]
seems hard, and you are talking about other books. All the same, you call Gurbani perfect, that idea of yours erases other books significance. In simple language, contradiction, see the zigzag” They are good ancient wisdom but Gurbani is better, means stick to better.” Guess what Bhain ji? I agree hundred percent

quot However, Gurbani aslo states the the infinite Supreme Parabrahm manifested Himself in the creation, in the Hindu devas, and in all that is.
Yes Bhain ji, but they are just as you are and I am and the rest of world as His Sargun Form, nothing more than that, Gurmat stops here, never cares to verify their Historical facts, does not advocate that they were of any significance in context of " spiritual goal", obviously who drowns whom he/she can save?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

I have read that Shiv wears the skin of a lion and that of an elephant. More precisely His underwear is the lion skin and his cholaa (upper wear) is the elephant skin.
Someone may please explain this also. Thanks.

Balbir Singh

Feb 14, 2006
Guru ji shares what he could express but also warn us about a fact of HIS infinity. “sargun” form is through which He is experienced. In simple words” within ourselves and in others””tu bharpoor janya me dur( I thought- it was my limited understanding- that you are far away but I found you very close, every where). So calling any one God as per Guru declaration is a betrayal to HIM, respecting all His expressions or sargun form is honor to Him.
God can be betrayed? Even the word God we are speaking now cannot touch the reality. Is some little mataji who prays sincerely to Krishan betraying the reality of God?

ਚੋਜੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੋਵਿੰਦਾ ਚੋਜੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਪਿਆਰਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਚੋਜੀ ਜੀਉ ॥
chojee maerae govindhaa chojee maerae piaariaa har prabh maeraa chojee jeeo ||
Playful is my Lord of the Universe; playful is my Beloved. My Lord God is wondrous and playful.

ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੁ ਉਪਾਇਦਾ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੋਵਿਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਗੋਪੀ ਖੋਜੀ ਜੀਉ ॥
har aapae kaanha oupaaeidhaa maerae govidhaa har aapae gopee khojee jeeo ||
The Lord Himself created Krishna, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord Himself is the milkmaids who seek Him.
~SGGS Ji p. 174

Quality of spiritual goodness is learned from those ones who remain undefeated from Maya, that is not the case with either Ram( who sends away his wife to Jungle just because a washer man says” I am not like Ram, I shall keep a woman who lived in another mans’ house for that long”, Krishna keeps satisfying his promiscuous urges with ladies.
It is true, Gurbani says:

ਜੁਜ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਰਿ ਛਲੀ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਾਵਲਿ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁ ਜਾਦਮੁ ਭਇਆ ॥
juj mehi jor shhalee chandhraaval kaanh kirasan jaadham bhaeiaa ||
In the Jujar Veda, Kaan Krishna of the Yaadva tribe seduced Chandraavali by force.

ਪਾਰਜਾਤੁ ਗੋਪੀ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨ ਮਹਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕੀਆ ॥
paarajaath gopee lai aaeiaa bindhraaban mehi rang keeaa ||
He brought the Elysian Tree for his milk-maid, and revelled in Brindaaban.

ਕਲਿ ਮਹਿ ਬੇਦੁ ਅਥਰਬਣੁ ਹੂਆ ਨਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਭਇਆ ॥
kal mehi baedh athharaban hooaa naao khudhaaee alahu bhaeiaa ||
In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.
~sggs jI P. 470

You say, "Quality of spiritual goodness is learned from those ones who remain undefeated from Maya. Liberation cannot be obtained from someone defeated by Maya. But you are talking quality of spiritual goodness as if there is no deva, no avatar, no religion of the past had any spiritual goodness. Yet, is that what Gurbani means when it says:

ਦੀਨਾ ਦੀਨ ਦਇਆਲ ਭਏ ਹੈ ਜਿਉ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁ ਬਿਦਰ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ॥
dheenaa dheen dhaeiaal bheae hai jio kirasan bidhar ghar aaeiaa ||
God is Merciful to the meekest of the meek; Krishna came to the house of Bidar, a devotee of low social status.

ਮਿਲਿਓ ਸੁਦਾਮਾ ਭਾਵਨੀ ਧਾਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਆਗੈ ਦਾਲਦੁ ਭੰਜਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥੪॥
miliou sudhaamaa bhaavanee dhhaar sabh kishh aagai dhaaladh bhanj samaaeiaa ||4||
Sudama loved God, who came to meet him; God sent everything to his home, and ended his poverty. ||4||
~SGGS Ji p. 1191

ਜਿਨ ਤੂ ਜਪਿਓ ਤੇਈ ਜਨ ਨੀਕੇ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਤਿਅਹੁ ਕਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈਗੋ ॥
jin thoo japiou thaeee jan neekae har japathiahu ko sukh paavaigo ||
Those humble beings who meditate on You are noble and exalted. Meditating on the Lord, they are at peace.

ਬਿਦਰ ਦਾਸੀ ਸੁਤੁ ਛੋਕ ਛੋਹਰਾ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁ ਅੰਕਿ ਗਲਿ ਲਾਵੈਗੋ ॥੨॥
bidhar dhaasee suth shhok shhoharaa kirasan ank gal laavaigo ||2||
Bidur, the son of a slave-girl, was an untouchable, but Krishna hugged him close in His Embrace. ||2||

ਜਲ ਤੇ ਓਪਤਿ ਭਈ ਹੈ ਕਾਸਟ ਕਾਸਟ ਅੰਗਿ ਤਰਾਵੈਗੋ ॥
jal thae oupath bhee hai kaasatt kaasatt ang tharaavaigo ||
Wood is produced from water, but by holding onto wood, one is saved from drowning.

ਰਾਮ ਜਨਾ ਹਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਅਪਨਾ ਬਿਰਦੁ ਰਖਾਵੈਗੋ ॥੩॥
raam janaa har aap savaarae apanaa biradh rakhaavaigo ||3||
The Lord Himself embellishes and exalts His humble servants; He confirms His Innate Nature. ||3||
~SGGS Ji p. 1309

ਕਿਸੁ ਜਾਤਿ ਤੇ ਕਿਹ ਪਦਹਿ ਅਮਰਿਓ ਰਾਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਬਿਸੇਖ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
kis jaath thae kih padhehi amariou raam bhagath bisaekh ||1|| rehaao ||
From such a low social status, what a high status he obtained! Devotional worship to the Lord is sublime! ||1||Pause||

ਸੁਆਨ ਸਤ੍ਰੁ ਅਜਾਤੁ ਸਭ ਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨ ਲਾਵੈ ਹੇਤੁ ॥
suaan sathra ajaath sabh thae kirasa laavai haeth ||
The killer of dogs, the lowest of all, was lovingly embraced by Krishna.

ਲੋਗੁ ਬਪੁਰਾ ਕਿਆ ਸਰਾਹੈ ਤੀਨਿ ਲੋਕ ਪ੍ਰਵੇਸ ॥੨॥
log bapuraa kiaa saraahai theen lok pravaes ||2||
See how the poor people praise him! His praise extends throughout the three worlds. ||2
~SGGS Ji p. 1124

To say that God could not manifest in Krishna is same as saying no one in the world, in any past age, in any other religion could have God except for Sikhs. This is talking like Muslims. And it is not what Gurbani says. Gurbani says the world cannot have liberation without Guruji's Naam. This is true. But you are implying these people don't have God. That isn't what Gurbani is saying. Gurbani says God manifested through the Hindu devas, and is named Allah, depending on the age. Or are you suggesting the monotheism of the West is true, so Vaheguru is manifest as Allah and the unameable Jewish God YHWH, but not through Hindu devas which Gurbani uses to call for names of God, Ram, Gobind? With this Islamic logic, do you reject also the God of Christians which is NOT a monotheistic One, but a Trinity including a Divine human incarnation as Jesus? Or, do you accept that a manifestation of the Parabrahm exists in the world, but the most complete manifestation which can liberate even the Hindu devas in age of Kalyug is the Guru?

Clearly Guru is higher than Krishna. Guru has accomplished more than any Hindu deva, and still people say Guru is only an ordinary human, or a prophet. How can this be? Sikhs are not told anywhere to worship Krishna. It is Sikh dharam to go directly to the source, Parabrahm, Vaheguru. But how can Sikhs deny that Parabrahm was also manifest in Krishna if that is what Gurbani says? That is not to say, as Vaishanvs say, that Krishna is the Parabrahm. We do not say that. But, according to Gurbani, that the Parabrahm manifested through Krishna for the age of Dwapar Yug and Now the Parabrahm is given directly to the Guru's Sikhs in form of the Shabad. I think it is clear Gurbani is also showing respect for Krishna and acknowledging him as an avatar, manifestation of God for the age.

If not, can you please explain the following shabad?

ਮਧੁਸੂਦਨ ਦਾਮੋਦਰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ॥
madhhusoodhan dhaamodhar suaamee ||
He is the Slayer of demons, our Supreme Lord and Master.

ਰਿਖੀਕੇਸ ਗੋਵਰਧਨ ਧਾਰੀ ਮੁਰਲੀ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਾ ॥੧॥
rikheekaes govaradhhan dhhaaree muralee manohar har rangaa ||1||
The Supreme Rishi, the Master of the sensory organs, the uplifter of mountains, the joyful Lord playing His enticing flute. ||1||

ਮੋਹਨ ਮਾਧਵ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ॥
mohan maadhhav kirasa muraarae ||
The Enticer of Hearts, the Lord of wealth, Krishna, the Enemy of ego.

ਜਗਦੀਸੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੇ ॥
jagadheesur har jeeo asur sanghaarae ||
The Lord of the Universe, the Dear Lord, the Destroyer of demons.

ਜਗਜੀਵਨ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਘਟ ਘਟ ਵਾਸੀ ਹੈ ਸੰਗਾ ॥੨॥
jagajeevan abinaasee thaakur ghatt ghatt vaasee hai sangaa ||2||
The Life of the World, our eternal and ever-stable Lord and Master dwells within each and every heart, and is always with us. ||2||

ਧਰਣੀਧਰ ਈਸ ਨਰਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ
dhharaneedhhar ees narasingh naaraaein ||
The Support of the Earth, the man-lion, the Supreme Lord God.

ਦਾੜਾ ਅਗ੍ਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮਿ ਧਰਾਇਣ ॥
dhaarraa agrae prithham dhharaaein ||
The Protector who tears apart demons with His teeth, the Upholder of the earth.

ਬਾਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਕੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਕਰਤੇ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਸੇਤੀ ਹੈ ਚੰਗਾ ॥੩॥
baavan roop keeaa thudhh karathae sabh hee saethee hai changaa ||3||
O Creator, You assumed the form of the pygmy to humble the demons; You are the Lord God of all. ||3||

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਰਾਮਚੰਦ ਜਿਸੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖਿਆ ॥
sree raamachandh jis roop n raekhiaa ||
You are the Great Raam Chand, who has no form or feature.

ਬਨਵਾਲੀ ਚਕ੍ਰਪਾਣਿ ਦਰਸਿ ਅਨੂਪਿਆ ॥
banavaalee chakrapaan dharas anoopiaa ||
Adorned with flowers, holding the chakra in Your hand, Your form is incomparably beautiful.

ਸਹਸ ਨੇਤ੍ਰ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਹੈ ਸਹਸਾ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਭ ਹੈ ਮੰਗਾ ॥੪॥
sehas naethr moorath hai sehasaa eik dhaathaa sabh hai mangaa ||4||
You have thousands of eyes, and thousands of forms. You alone are the Giver, and all are beggars of You. ||4||

ਭਗਤਿ ਵਛਲੁ ਅਨਾਥਹ ਨਾਥੇ ॥
bhagath vashhal anaathheh naathhae ||
You are the Lover of Your devotees, the Master of the masterless.

ਗੋਪੀ ਨਾਥੁ ਸਗਲ ਹੈ ਸਾਥੇ ॥
gopee naathh sagal hai saathhae ||
The Lord and Master of the milk-maids, You are the companion of all.

ਬਾਸੁਦੇਵ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦਾਤੇ ਬਰਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਕਉ ਗੁਣ ਅੰਗਾ ॥੫॥
baasudhaev niranjan dhaathae baran n saako gun angaa ||5||
O Lord, Immacuate Great Giver, I cannot describe even an iota of Your Glorious Virtues. ||5

ਮੁਕੰਦ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਲਖਮੀ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ
mukandh manohar lakhamee naaraaein ||
Liberator, Enticing Lord, Lord of Lakshmi, Supreme Lord God.

ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀ ਲਜਾ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਉਧਾਰਣ ॥
dhropathee lajaa nivaar oudhhaaran ||
Savior of Dropadi's honor.

ਕਮਲਾਕੰਤ ਕਰਹਿ ਕੰਤੂਹਲ ਅਨਦ ਬਿਨੋਦੀ ਨਿਹਸੰਗਾ ॥੬॥
kamalaakanth karehi kanthoohal anadh binodhee nihasangaa ||6||
Lord of Maya, miracle-worker, absorbed in delightful play, unattached. ||6||

ਅਮੋਘ ਦਰਸਨ ਆਜੂਨੀ ਸੰਭਉ
amogh dharasan aajoonee sanbho ||
The Blessed Vision of His Darshan is fruitful and rewarding; He is not born, He is self-existent.
~SGGS JI p. 1082

Avtar, literally means to take birth, some are just stuck with the word and think, its meaning is not to take birth but Prophet since HE himself came through these Avtaras. If HE comes through them and is taken over by Maya, lust etc, what is the difference between others and Him, now he is seen(like Krishna) also involved like others in Maya. Gurbani says who involves in HIM totally becomes like HIM(GGS Ji 397 Asa Mehla 5). Question rises if He is already there then why only by getting involved in Him one can become like HIM. Answer is very simple. The person totally lost in HIM becomes different from others as HE is, but in a body that person represents Him as completely indifferent to Maya. In this context Guru ji becomes like HIM but Guru ji is not avtar like Krishna who involves in promiscuous activities. Guru ji is one through whom HE is seen. If Krishna is sargun form, so you are, and Babas, Sant, other cult leaders.

1. If Krishna is in sargun form so are you is something I already said. However, the diference between you and Krishna is that he is an avtar. As an avtar he is recognized as a deva, a being higher than an ordinary man, who descends to the lower sansaaric level for the purpose of being a light in the world. So consider the age when Krishna was appearing, do you think krishna and whole of Bhagavad-Gita are worthless and have no light of God because Krishna was also caught by Maya? Does this make Krishna of the same level as some pakhandi baba? If a quality of an avtar is descent from God, and the ability to be in state of God-consciousness, than in that frame an avtar is NOT in Maya, and not speaking from personality of incarnation, but of the God Himself.

ਤੀਨਿ ਤਿਲੋਕ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਪਲੋਵੈ ॥
theen thilok samaadhh palovai ||
The three qualities and the three worlds vanish, in the state of Samaadhi.
~SGGS Ji p. 974

Gurbani says the Parabrahm manifested in the physical reality. The very process of manifesting in the 3 gunas and duality gives rise to Maya. The power of the Parabrahm is diffused when it enters into materiality. So Gurbani isn't saying the avataras were fake or did not have manifestation of Parabrahm for the age. Gurbani is saying the God's power comes under influence of Maya, because Maya is an element of the physical dimension, which is what Parabrahm Nirankaar has Himself created! He created reality this way! God is not trying to alter the creation, it serves a purpose. The Maya and the gunas are a property of deliberate design! Only the Shabad is free of Maya in the sansaara. And this is something new from any previous age and required because the 4 legs of religion were lost in Kalyug.

ਆਪੇ ਕਾਰਣੁ ਕੀਆ ਅਪਰੰਪਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਕੀਆ ਕਮਾਇਦਾ ॥੧੦॥
aapae kaaran keeaa aparanpar sabh thaero keeaa kamaaeidhaa ||10||
The Infinite Lord Himself created the creation. Everyone acts as You make them act, Lord. ||10

ਰਜ ਤਮ ਸਤ ਕਲ ਤੇਰੀ ਛਾਇਆ ॥
raj tham sath kal thaeree shhaaeiaa ||
Your Power is diffused through the three gunas: raajas, taamas and satva.
~SGGS Ji p. 1038

According to the ancient Hindu philosophy, the Ultimate Reality is Brahman or “Pure Consciousness”. Brahman is divine intelligence and is the source as well as indweller of the universe. Universe, which is distinguished as Prakriti is an evolving transient physical phenomenon while Brahman, its unseen source and matrix, remains as its unchanging transcendent indweller and driving force, distinguished as Purusha. When conceived as the indweller or inner Self of individual beings, Brahman is distinguished as Atman. Individual beings as well as the physical universe undergo change and death while the underlying reality of Brahman continues to exist even after the physical universe de-differentiates and submerges back into the source.
DARSANA - Electronic Journal of Indian Philosophy | Articles, Forums, Book Reviews

ਸਰਗੁਨ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਮਾਧੀ ਆਪਿ ॥
saragun niragun nirankaar sunn samaadhhee aap ||
He possesses all qualities; He transcends all qualities; He is the Formless Lord. He Himself is in Primal Samaadhi.

ਆਪਨ ਕੀਆ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਜਾਪਿ ॥੧॥
aapan keeaa naanakaa aapae hee fir jaap ||1||
Through His Creation, O Nanak, He meditates on Himself. ||1||
~SGGS Ji p. 290

Avtar is still meaning avtar. Not just incarnated and born, but, incarnation of the Jyot of God coming into sansaara from very high level of reality. Gurbani clearly recognizes Krishan as a deva. So an avtar is not like a prophet who is fully human, but God gives a message to that prophet and he testifies the message God gives him. In this we see Guruji is an avtar, not a prophet, or Gurbani would be saying Guru is a prophet not an avtar. As a prophet, Guruji would be fully human and ignorant. But God would give him a message which he should testify to the world. This is not what Gurbani says. It says Guru is merged in the Jyot and has God-consciousness. Guru Himself, in that state of merging does not speak as an ordinary human.

The thing is we are also seeing Gurbani say Krishna is an avtar. Since he preceded Guruji, he is less than Guruji in the sense that Guru is a more complete manifestation of the Jyot of Vaheguru which was necessary for age of Kaliyug. Is there some other way you can explain this pauri?

ਸਤਜੁਗਿ ਤੈ ਮਾਣਿਓ ਛਲਿਓ ਬਲਿ ਬਾਵਨ ਭਾਇਓ ॥
sathajug thai maaniou shhaliou bal baavan bhaaeiou ||
In the Golden Age of Sat Yuga, You were pleased to deceive Baal the king, in the form of a dwarf.

ਤ੍ਰੇਤੈ ਤੈ ਮਾਣਿਓ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਘੁਵੰਸੁ ਕਹਾਇਓ ॥
thraethai thai maaniou raam raghuvans kehaaeiou ||
In the Silver Age of Traytaa Yuga, You were called Raam of the Raghu dynasty.

ਦੁਆਪੁਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ਕੰਸੁ ਕਿਰਤਾਰਥੁ ਕੀਓ ॥
dhuaapur kirasan muraar kans kirathaarathh keeou ||
In the Brass Age of Dwaapur Yuga, You were Krishna; You killed Mur the demon and saved Kans.

ਉਗ੍ਰਸੈਣ ਕਉ ਰਾਜੁ ਅਭੈ ਭਗਤਹ ਜਨ ਦੀਓ ॥
ougrasain ko raaj abhai bhagatheh jan dheeou ||
You blessed Ugrasain with a kingdom, and You blessed Your humble devotees with fearlessness.

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਣੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰੁ ਅੰਗਦੁ ਅਮਰੁ ਕਹਾਇਓ ॥
kalijug pramaan naanak gur angadh amar kehaaeiou ||
In the Iron Age, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, You are known and accepted as Guru Nanak, Guru Angad and Guru Amar Das.

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਰਾਜੁ ਅਬਿਚਲੁ ਅਟਲੁ ਆਦਿ ਪੁਰਖਿ ਫੁਰਮਾਇਓ ॥੭॥
sree guroo raaj abichal attal aadh purakh furamaaeiou ||7||
The sovereign rule of the Great Guru is unchanging and permanent, according the Command of the Primal Lord God. ||7||
~SGGS Ji p. 1390

ਕਲਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਧੂ ਅੰਧਾਰੁ ਸਾ ਚੜਿਆ ਰੈ ਭਾਣੁ ॥
kal vich dhhoo andhhaar saa charriaa rai bhaan ||
In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, there was only pitch darkness. Then, He rose like the sun to illuminate the darkness.
~SGGS Ji p. 968

So on one level, it is true Krishan is not equal to Guru because Gurbani says all these devas fall at Guru's feet. However, as you pointed out,

what is the difference between others and Him, now he is seen(like Krishna) also involved like others in Maya. Gurbani says who involves in HIM totally becomes like HIM(GGS Ji 397 Asa Mehla 5). Question rises if He is already there then why only by getting involved in Him one can become like HIM. Answer is very simple. The person totally lost in HIM becomes different from others as HE is, but in a body that person represents Him as completely indifferent to Maya.
Veerji, as I pointed out the very process of descending into the sansaara gives rise to Maya. And for this reason, in this age, all avataars and devas are insufficient. So the Parabrahm Himself descended as the Shabad.

There are many levels to God-consciousness as there are levels of reality or dimensions. Beyond even the dimensions is the infinity of nothingness which is described as nirguna. Only Guruji has perceived them all. Only Guru has gone to the infinite depth of the nirgun. But the discussion is not whether Krishna speaking from God-consciousness for Dwapara Yug takes something away from Guruji or threatens the Sikh identity. Clearly the Sikh identity is in Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Whatever is expressed there is from Guru. So it is Sikh. There are many schools of thought in Hinduism. And all of them contrast in some way with Sikh teaching. Krishan isn't important to a Sikh. We don't meditate on Hindu devas or scriptures. But the discussion was expressed that a Sikh can't tolerate Krishna's declaration of being the God. I don't see this disqualification of Hindu religion in Gurbani. It fulfilled a certain role for a certain age and was a manifestation of the God. I don't see where a Sikh can't tolerate anything. We have Gurbani. Nothing is a threat to us. Krishna is not for us the Primal Absolute. But equally, Krishan appears to be recognized as an avtar in Gurbani with God-consciousness so that Narayan was speaking through him. If this interpretation is incorrect, and not to mention the many places in Dasam Granth which relates story of Krishanavtaar including where his mother perceived him to be God incarnate? If this is so unaaceptable, why didn't Guruji modify Dasam Granth bani to reflect that Krishan was not a manifestation of God, only thinking he was mistakenly? Even Bhai Gurdas Ji says this:

ਕਿਸਨ ਲੈਆ ਅਵਤਾਰੁ ਜਗਿ ਮਹਮਾ ਦਸਮ ਸਕੰਧੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ।
kisan|aiaa avataaru jagi mahamaa dasam sakandhu vakhaanai|
The tenth chapter of the Bhagavat defines the glory of incarnation of Krsna in the world.

ਲੀਲਾ ਚਲਤ ਅਚਰਜ ਕਰਿ ਜੋਗੁ ਭੋਗੁ ਰਸ ਰਲੀਆ ਮਾਣੈ ।
leelaa chalat acharaj kari jogu bhogu ras raleeaa maanai|
He performed many wonderful acts of bhog (merriment) and yoga (renunciation).

ਮਹਾ ਭਾਰਥੁ ਕਰਵਾਇਓਨੁ ਕੈਰੋ ਪਾਂਡੋ ਕਰਿ ਹੈਰਾਣੈ ।
mahaa bhaaradu karavaaiaonu kairo paando kari hairaanai|
Making Kauravs (sons of Dhrttrastr) and Pandays to fight against each other he further made them wonder struck.

ਇੰਦ੍ਰਾਦਿਕ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾਦਿਕਾ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਮਿਤਿ ਮਿਰਜਾਦ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ।
indraadik brahamaadikaa mahimaa miti mirajaad n jaanai|
Indr and Brahma et al. donot know the limits of his grandeur.

ਮਿਲੀਆ ਟਹਲਾ ਵੰਡਿ ਕੈ ਜਗਿ ਰਾਜਸੂ ਰਾਜੇ ਰਾਣੈ ।
mileeaa tahalaa vandi kai jagi raajasoo raajay raanai|
When Raisfiy was arranged by Yudhisthar, all were alloted their duties.

ਮੰਗ ਲਈ ਹਰਿ ਟਹਲ ਏਹ ਪੈਰ ਧੋਇ ਚਰਣੋਦਕੁ ਮਾਣੈ ।
mang|aee hari tahal ayh pair dhoi charanodaku maanai|
Krsna himself tookover the duty of washing of the feet of all so that through this service

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ॥੯॥
saadhasangati gur sabadu siaanai ॥9॥
he could realise the importance of the service of the holy congregation and the Word of the Guru.
~ Vaar 23 Pauri 9 of Vaaran Bhai Gurdas

I strongly say, regardless of their references, even as Sargun form of HIM, they are not helpful as most of His other sargun form is not. This idea to make any kind of link to our Guru ji or Gurbachan is silly and uncalled for.

Gurbani makes the link. The point of this discussion was not how Sikhs should idolize Krishna, but to answer objections that Hindu belief is intolerable for a Sikh. We worship the Supreme Vaheguru. And Gurbani acknowledges that this Supreme uncreated aspect is manifest in creation and in incarnations such as Krishanavataar. Both the nirgun and sargun are the One god. Otherwise it would be a pantheism of many gods. But Gurbani says everything derives from the Absolute uncreated Nirankaar.

~Bhul chak maaf karni ji

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Bhul chuk Mauf ho gaye; such a lengthy post.]
What a stamina! wow!.
Imagine a person daily writing 4/5 posts of this caliber should be a Gyani.
Hats off!
Carry on Harjas!!!

Wjkk Wgjf

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
God can be betrayed? Even the word God we are speaking now cannot touch the reality. Is some little mataji who prays sincerely to Krishan betraying the reality of God?
Bhain Ji, again you want to split hair, keep doing; I feel due to our long posts many would lose interest, so once I answered as I believe, please move on and stay precise instead of keep going on the same issue. I am in a position, neither I can ignore your question nor I can go precise due to question out of hair splitting. Here is what Guru ji states about calling that person GOD who takes birth and You must bear the following Shabad in mind before taking presumptive conclusion about Gurbani.
BYrau mhlw 5 Gru 1
<> siqgur pRswid ] sglI QIiq pwis fwir rwKI ] Astm QIiq goivMd jnmwsI ]1] Brim BUly nr krq kcrwiex ] jnm mrx qy rhq nwrwiex ]1] rhwau ] kir pMjIru KvwieE cor ] Ehu jnim n mrY ry swkq For ]2] sgl prwD dyih loronI ] so muKu jlau ijqu khih Twkuru jonI ]3] jnim n mrY n AwvY n jwie ] nwnk kw pRBu rihE smwie ]4]1] {pMnw 1136}
( In essence: Ignoring all other days, , it is said that Almighty was born on the eighth lunar day. || 1 | Deluded and confused mortals practice falsehood. Narain, the Almighty is beyond birth and death. || 1 || Pause || You prepare sweet rice dish and feed it to deity of Krishana ( stone god). God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless o astray idiot || 2 || You sing lullabies to your deity of Krishna, this is the source of your all sins. That mouth should be burnt, which says that Almighty is subject to birth. || 3 || He is not born, does not die; does not come and go in reincarnation. The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere)
With this support of Guru Shabad, I shall never commit a sin to call Almighty subject to birth and death. Actually my debate with you ends with this Guru Bachan
The quote you have given below again is not about mata ji’s saying, Read whole shabad, you should feel sorry how you are relating it to Mata ji. It is all about His Sargun form, nothing new, many times we discussed it. After reading above Guru ji’s Shabad in Bharon Rag, you should stop these long posts. I doubt on SPN any one can keep reading.
ਚੋਜੀਮੇਰੇਗੋਵਿੰਦਾਚੋਜੀਮੇਰੇਪਿਆਰਿਆਹਰਿਪ੍ਰਭੁਮੇਰਾਚੋਜੀਜੀਉ
[/FONT]
chojee maerae govindhaa chojee maerae piaariaa har prabh maeraa chojee jeeo ||
Playful is my Lord of the Universe; playful is my Beloved. My Lord God is wondrous and playful.

ਹਰਿਆਪੇਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੁਉਪਾਇਦਾਮੇਰੇਗੋਵਿਦਾਹਰਿਆਪੇਗੋਪੀਖੋਜੀਜੀਉ
har aapae kaanha oupaaeidhaa maerae govidhaa har aapae gopee khojee jeeo ||
The Lord Himself created
Krishna, O my Lord of the Universe; the Lord Himself is the milkmaids who seek Him.
~SGGS Ji p. 174

Quote:
Quality of spiritual goodness is learned from those ones who remain undefeated from Maya, that is not the case with either Ram( who sends away his wife to Jungle just because a washer man says” I am not like Ram, I shall keep a woman who lived in another mans’ house for that long”, Krishna keeps satisfying his promiscuous urges with ladies.
It is true, Gurbani says:
ਜੁਜਮਹਿਜੋਰਿਛਲੀਚੰਦ੍ਰਾਵਲਿਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁਜਾਦਮੁਭਇਆ
juj mehi jor shhalee chandhraaval kaanh kirasan jaadham bhaeiaa ||
In the Jujar Veda, Kaan Krishna of the Yaadva tribe seduced Chandraavali by force.

ਪਾਰਜਾਤੁਗੋਪੀਲੈਆਇਆਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨਮਹਿ ਰੰਗੁਕੀਆ
paarajaath gopee lai aaeiaa bindhraaban mehi rang keeaa ||
He brought the Elysian Tree for his milk-maid, and revelled in Brindaaban.

ਕਲਿਮਹਿਬੇਦੁਅਥਰਬਣੁਹੂਆਨਾਉਖੁਦਾਈਅਲਹੁਭਇਆ
kal mehi baedh athharaban hooaa naao khudhaaee alahu bhaeiaa ||
In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.
~sggs jI P. 470

You say, "Quality of spiritual goodness is learned from those ones who remain undefeated from Maya. Liberation cannot be obtained from someone defeated by Maya. But you are talking quality of spiritual goodness as if there is no deva, no avatar, no religion of the past had any spiritual goodness. Yet, is that what Gurbani means when it says:
ਦੀਨਾਦੀਨਦਇਆਲਭਏਹੈਜਿਉਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁਬਿਦਰਘਰਿਆਇਆ
dheenaa dheen dhaeiaal bheae hai jio kirasan bidhar ghar aaeiaa ||
God is Merciful to the meekest of the meek; [/FONT]
Krishna[/FONT] came to the house of Bidar, a devotee of low social status.
[/FONT]
Krishna was well known in His times as story goes, being so well known, he visits poor friend, it was praised, nothing more than that, your stubborn [/FONT]
approach has no even bearing here about what I proved with Guru shabad, very wrongfully and unsuccessfully, you are trying to take support from Gurbani.
ਮਿਲਿਓ
ਸੁਦਾਮਾਭਾਵਨੀਧਾਰਿਸਭੁਕਿਛੁਆਗੈਦਾਲਦੁਭੰਜਿਸਮਾਇਆ੪॥
miliou sudhaamaa bhaavanee dhhaar sabh kishh aagai dhaaladh bhanj samaaeiaa ||4||
Sudama loved God, who came to meet him; God sent everything to his home, and ended his poverty. ||4||
~SGGS Ji p. 1191

Bhain ji, how it could be possible that Krishan be accepted as GOD after reading Shabad of Fifth Nanak in Bhairo Rag, quoted above? Only two things can happen, above quoted Guru Shabad is not acceptable to you or to those who guide you to take different meaning, or Hindu nostalgia takes over the quality of understanding and find Krishna as God in your quote
ਜਿਨਤੂਜਪਿਓਤੇਈਜਨਨੀਕੇਹਰਿਜਪਤਿਅਹੁਕਉਸੁਖੁਪਾਵੈਗੋ
jin thoo japiou thaeee jan neekae har japathiahu ko sukh paavaigo ||
Those humble beings who meditate on You are noble and exalted. Meditating on the Lord, they are at peace.

ਬਿਦਰਦਾਸੀਸੁਤੁਛੋਕਛੋਹਰਾਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੁਅੰਕਿਗਲਿਲਾਵੈਗੋ੨॥
bidhar dhaasee suth shhok shhoharaa kirasan ank gal laavaigo ||2||
Bidur, the son of a slave-girl, was an untouchable, but
Krishna hugged him close in His Embrace. ||2||

ਜਲਤੇਓਪਤਿਭਈਹੈਕਾਸਟਕਾਸਟਅੰਗਿਤਰਾਵੈਗੋ
jal thae oupath bhee hai kaasatt kaasatt ang tharaavaigo ||
Wood is produced from water, but by holding onto wood, one is saved from drowning.

ਰਾਮਜਨਾਹਰਿਆਪਿਸਵਾਰੇਅਪਨਾਬਿਰਦੁਰਖਾਵੈਗੋ੩॥
raam janaa har aap savaarae apanaa biradh rakhaavaigo ||3||
The Lord Himself embellishes and exalts His humble servants; He confirms His Innate

Nature. ||3||
~SGGS Ji p. 1309

God acted through Krishna, as all is His play, what makes you to quote this Shabad here? Reference is not given to stick to it but to inspire others from it, means from bad one to go away, from good one to take it positively. Your problem is you cannot over come the reference’s existence in Gurbani and are sticking to them , more over, implying imaginative meanings to them and without being unaware that you are distorting the Guru message.
ਕਿਸੁਜਾਤਿਤੇਕਿਹਪਦਹਿਅਮਰਿਓਰਾਮਭਗਤਿਬਿਸੇਖ੧॥ਰਹਾਉ
kis jaath thae kih padhehi amariou raam bhagath bisaekh ||1|| rehaao ||
From such a low social status, what a high status he obtained! Devotional worship to the Lord is sublime! ||1||Pause||

[/FONT]
ਸੁਆਨਸਤ੍ਰੁਅਜਾਤੁਸਭਤੇਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨਲਾਵੈਹੇਤੁ
suaan sathra ajaath sabh thae kirasa laavai haeth ||
The killer of dogs, the lowest of all, was lovingly embraced by [/FONT]
Krishna[/FONT].
[/FONT]

ਲੋਗੁਬਪੁਰਾਕਿਆਸਰਾਹੈਤੀਨਿਲੋਕਪ੍ਰਵੇਸ੨॥
log bapuraa kiaa saraahai theen lok pravaes ||2||
See how the poor people praise him! His praise extends throughout the three worlds. ||2
~SGGS Ji p. 1124

To say that God could not manifest in Krishna is same as saying no one in the world, in any past age, in any other religion could have God except for Sikhs.
That is only your views only. Manifestation and incarnation are two different terms and give totally different meaning; keep spinning, meaningless remains meaningless.

And it is not what Gurbani says. Gurbani says the world cannot have liberation without Guruji's Naam. This is true.
Thanks for saying that
But you are implying these people don't have God.
What were you reading Bhain ji?
That isn't what Gurbani is saying. Gurbani says God manifested through the Hindu devas, and is named Allah, depending on the age. Or are you suggesting the monotheism of the West is true, so Vaheguru is manifest as Allah and the unameable Jewish God YHWH, but not through Hindu devas which Gurbani uses to call for names of God, Ram, Gobind?
I can see why you are bent upon mixing up things; you have taken manifestation as incarnation. You have to sort it out why two different terms you are using in the same manner. Now another big slippery path you are trying to walk on by stating that Gurbani calls God with Ram, Gobind. Actually it is said in Gurbani that He has many names, for Guru ji and his followers, only HE is Ram, HE is Krishna, He is Allah, it does not say that Ram, Krishna, Gobind were Gods, for God’s sake, watch what you write in context of Gurbani, as quoted above Guru directly says to us that any one calls birth taking individual God, must his/her tongue be burnt.

With this Islamic logic, do you reject also the God of Christians which is NOT a monotheistic One, but a Trinity including a Divine human incarnation as Jesus? Or, do you accept that a manifestation of the Parabrahm exists in the world, but the most complete manifestation which can liberate even the Hindu devas in age of Kalyug is the Guru?

Bhain ji, I am Sikh, I strongly feel all is HIS play, whatever they believe in, also is HIS Will. Who is right who is wrong, I am not supposed to say about them. For Gods sake doesn’t ask such questions. A long post was posted and explained to you that He permeates in His Creation, then why this question. Are you just enjoying posting long posts because you are bringing those things again and again which were answered many times.

Clearly Guru is higher than Krishna. Guru has accomplished more than any Hindu deva, and still people say Guru is only an ordinary human, or a prophet. How can this be? Sikhs are not told anywhere to worship Krishna. It is Sikh dharam to go directly to the source, Parabrahm, Vaheguru. But how can Sikhs deny that Parabrahm was also manifest in Krishna if that is what Gurbani says? That is not to say, as Vaishanvs say, that Krishna is the Parabrahm. We do not say that. But, according to Gurbani, that the Parabrahm manifested through Krishna for the age of Dwapar Yug and Now the Parabrahm is given directly to the Guru's Sikhs in form of the Shabad. I think it is clear Gurbani is also showing respect for Krishna and acknowledging him as an avatar, manifestation of God for the age.
Again mixing up manifestation with incarnation concept. Why do you want to discuss with me what other people say about Guru Nanak here?. Please let me remain attached to Guru Granth Sahib ji, rest does not interest me.

If not, can you please explain the following shabad?
ਮਧੁਸੂਦਨਦਾਮੋਦਰਸੁਆਮੀ
madhhusoodhan dhaamodhar suaamee ||
He is the Slayer of demons, our Supreme Lord and Master.

[/FONT]
ਰਿਖੀਕੇਸਗੋਵਰਧਨਧਾਰੀਮੁਰਲੀਮਨੋਹਰਹਰਿਰੰਗਾ੧॥
rikheekaes govaradhhan dhhaaree muralee manohar har rangaa ||1||
The Supreme Rishi, the Master of the sensory organs, the uplifter of mountains, the joyful Lord playing His enticing flute. ||1||

[/FONT]
ਮੋਹਨਮਾਧਵਕ੍ਰਿਸ੍ਨਮੁਰਾਰੇ
mohan maadhhav kirasa muraarae ||
The Enticer of Hearts, the Lord of wealth, [/FONT]
Krishna[/FONT], the Enemy of ego.

[/FONT]
ਜਗਦੀਸੁਰਹਰਿਜੀਉਅਸੁਰਸੰਘਾਰੇ
jagadheesur har jeeo asur sanghaarae ||
The Lord of the Universe, the Dear Lord, the Destroyer of demons.

[/FONT]
ਜਗਜੀਵਨਅਬਿਨਾਸੀਠਾਕੁਰਘਟਘਟਵਾਸੀਹੈਸੰਗਾ੨॥
jagajeevan abinaasee thaakur ghatt ghatt vaasee hai sangaa ||2||
The Life of the World, our eternal and ever-stable Lord and Master dwells within each and every heart, and is always with us. ||2||

[/FONT]
ਧਰਣੀਧਰਈਸਨਰਸਿੰਘਨਾਰਾਇਣ
[/FONT]
The Support of the Earth, the man-lion, the Supreme Lord God.

ਦਾੜਾਅਗ੍ਰੇਪ੍ਰਿਥਮਿਧਰਾਇਣ
dhaarraa agrae prithham dhharaaein ||
The Protector who tears apart demons with His teeth, the Upholder of the earth.

ਬਾਵਨਰੂਪਕੀਆਤੁਧੁਕਰਤੇਸਭਹੀਸੇਤੀਹੈਚੰਗਾ੩॥
baavan roop keeaa thudhh karathae sabh hee saethee hai changaa ||3||
O Creator, You assumed the form of the pygmy to humble the demons; You are the Lord God of all. ||3||

ਸ੍ਰੀਰਾਮਚੰਦਜਿਸੁਰੂਪੁਰੇਖਿਆ
sree raamachandh jis roop n raekhiaa ||
You are the Great Raam Chand, who has no form or feature.

ਬਨਵਾਲੀਚਕ੍ਰਪਾਣਿਦਰਸਿਅਨੂਪਿਆ
banavaalee chakrapaan dharas anoopiaa ||
Adorned with flowers, holding the chakra in Your hand, Your form is incomparably beautiful.

ਸਹਸਨੇਤ੍ਰਮੂਰਤਿਹੈਸਹਸਾਇਕੁਦਾਤਾਸਭਹੈਮੰਗਾ੪॥
sehas naethr moorath hai sehasaa eik dhaathaa sabh hai mangaa ||4||
You have thousands of eyes, and thousands of forms. You alone are the Giver, and all are beggars of You. ||4||

ਭਗਤਿਵਛਲੁਅਨਾਥਹਨਾਥੇ
bhagath vashhal anaathheh naathhae ||
You are the Lover of Your devotees, the Master of the masterless.

ਗੋਪੀਨਾਥੁਸਗਲਹੈਸਾਥੇ
gopee naathh sagal hai saathhae ||
The Lord and Master of the milk-maids, You are the companion of all.

ਬਾਸੁਦੇਵਨਿਰੰਜਨਦਾਤੇ [/FONT]ਬਰਨਿਸਾਕਉਗੁਣਅੰਗਾ੫॥
baasudhaev niranjan dhaathae baran n saako gun angaa ||5||
O Lord, Immacuate Great Giver, I cannot describe even an iota of Your Glorious Virtues. ||5

[/FONT]
ਮੁਕੰਦਮਨੋਹਰਲਖਮੀਨਾਰਾਇਣ
mukandh manohar lakhamee naaraaein ||
Liberator, Enticing Lord, Lord of Lakshmi, Supreme Lord God.

[/FONT]
ਦ੍ਰੋਪਤੀਲਜਾਨਿਵਾਰਿਉਧਾਰਣ
dhropathee lajaa nivaar oudhhaaran ||
Savior of Dropadi's honor.
[/FONT]
ਕਮਲਾਕੰਤਕਰਹਿਕੰਤੂਹਲਅਨਦਬਿਨੋਦੀਨਿਹਸੰਗਾ੬॥
kamalaakanth karehi kanthoohal anadh binodhee nihasangaa ||6||
Lord of Maya, miracle-worker, absorbed in delightful play, unattached. ||6||

ਅਮੋਘਦਰਸਨਆਜੂਨੀਸੰਭਉ
amogh dharasan aajoonee sanbho ||
The Blessed Vision of His Darshan is fruitful and rewarding; He is not born, He is self-existent.
~SGGS JI p. 1082
Bhain ji, you need to first understand what Gurbani is all about. It has two main purposes, to dispel allusions from the people as some members of society put in them through references and stories. Taking their own popular stories, Guru ji has given credit to the real DOER, all otherwise were medium, Almighty, in simple words, makes people do all. Attempt is to take people to DIRECT SOURCE- HIM. In the Above Shabad, it is HIM who deserves the Credit. Even Guru ji says about Guru’s exceptional job is HIS blessings,it is HE who has taken Guru to the highest(GGSJi 311) Coming into birth and death is a kind of punishment( aap bhulaye Nanaka pach pach joni pahe M5), any one goes through it, literally experiences that punishment.. Here again, any thing done by Guru is actually done by HIM” Gur Satguru kai mun PARBRAHM hai, PARBRAHM shadaaee”. This was one aspect of Gurbani, giving credit only to HIM. Second one is to give the people right path – Nam Simran, treating the rest as mortal and not helpful for the soul. The message is simple, if one wants to detour and wander around; it is also his/her destiny as per His Hukm. In this Shabad, while referring to HIS sargun form and displayed actions, Guru ji in the end makes it clear that HE is that RAM who has no form, who is birth less. If HE is that Ram Chand who has no form, obviously other Ram becomes just HIS sargun sroop as you are and the rest. Nothing is advocated in favor of those about who you have been debating with me by repeating almost same kind of questioning.

• If Krishna is in sargun form so are you is something I already said. However, the diference between you and Krishna is that he is an avtar. As an avtar he is recognized as a deva, a being higher than an ordinary man, who descends to the lower sansaaric level for the purpose of being a light in the world.
What light he gave? to enjoy with ladies or vise versa?, and keep seducing each other by praising one when other ones are not present!, what light you are talking about Bhain Ji?

• So consider the age when Krishna was appearing, do you think krishna and whole of Bhagavad-Gita are worthless and have no light of God because Krishna was also caught by Maya?
As a Sikh, for me, YES. For a Hindu, it is Alright, I respect his faith; he is destined to believe him as per HIS Hukm.
Does this make Krishna of the same level as some pakhandi baba? If a quality of an avtar is descent from God, and the ability to be in state of God-consciousness, than in that frame an avtar is NOT in Maya, and not speaking from personality of incarnation, but of the God Himself.
Have you studied any promiscuous story about Jesus? You compare a saintly holy man with a promiscuous man that says it all about your love for Krishna. Who wrote Gita? Krishna? Any man who has out of control sex drive cannot be raised to be high level. Some get propaganda but some better ones don’t. Who knows Bhagat Puran Singh? In India people know more Ramdev Yogi than Bhagat ji. “( Navan khanda vich janie, …..., so I don’t care if one is known in the world, I respect and bow to Bhagat Puran Singh ji) Do You know that Gandhi has been portrayed as a spiritual man but in reality he was not more than a politician( Read a book by his own grand son and a book by GB SINGH), even those who portray him as a spiritual man do not follow his non violence policy, it is all politics. It is a world inflicted with Maya, who is high who is low only HE knows. Krishna was merely a sargun Sroop as other human beings( KETE ), not a incarnation of PRABH JI. OSHO spoke against Hinduism and Jesus’s being without father (In my view it is stooping low just to find something to say bad) but praised Krishna because he fitted in Osho’s style. May be it is too much, why should I lie?

Gurbani says the Parabrahm manifested in the physical reality. The very process of manifesting in the 3 gunas and duality gives rise to Maya. The power of the Parabrahm is diffused when it enters into materiality. So Gurbani isn't saying the avataras were fake or did not have manifestation of Parabrahm for the age. Gurbani is saying the God's power comes under influence of Maya, because Maya is an element of the physical dimension, which is what Parabrahm Nirankaar has Himself created! He created reality this way! God is not trying to alter the creation, it serves a purpose. The Maya and the gunas are a property of deliberate design! Only the Shabad is free of Maya in the sansaara. And this is something new from any previous age and required because the 4 legs of religion were lost in Kalyug.
What you are discussing here Bhain ji? Once His two forms are discussed why to repeat?
Avtar is still meaning avtar.
Please STICK TO IT, WAHEGURU ANG SANG.
Not just incarnated and born, but, incarnation of the Jyot of God coming into sansaara from very high level of reality. Gurbani clearly recognizes Krishan as a deva. So an avtar is not like a prophet who is fully human, but God gives a message to that prophet and he testifies the message God gives him. In this we see Guruji is an avtar, not a prophet, or
[/FONT] Gurbani would be saying Guru is a prophet not an avtar. As a prophet, Guruji would be fully human and ignorant. But God would give him a message which he should testify to the world. This is not what Gurbani says. It says Guru is merged in the Jyot and has God-consciousness. Guru Himself, in that state of merging does not speak as an ordinary human.

The thing is we are also seeing Gurbani say Krishna is an avtar. Since he preceded Guruji, he is less than Guruji in the sense that Guru is a more complete manifestation of the Jyot of Vaheguru which was necessary for age of Kaliyug. Is there some other way you can explain this pauri?
WHAT A GREAT CONFUSION TO ENJOY. WONDERFUL JOB, PICTURE WITH NOTHINGNESS. Regarding the pauri( actually Saveeai), some one taught you wrong, I strongly feel, I must comment on it if you are determined to use it in favor of incarnation.
ਸਤਜੁਗਿਤੈਮਾਣਿਓਛਲਿਓਬਲਿਬਾਵਨਭਾਇਓ
sathajug thai maaniou shhaliou bal baavan bhaaeiou ||
In the Golden Age of Sat Yuga, You were pleased to deceive Baal the king, in the form of a dwarf.

ਤ੍ਰੇਤੈਤੈਮਾਣਿਓਰਾਮੁਰਘੁਵੰਸੁਕਹਾਇਓ
thraethai thai maaniou raam raghuvans kehaaeiou ||
In the Silver Age of Traytaa Yuga, You were called Raam of the Raghu dynasty.

ਦੁਆਪੁਰਿਕ੍ਰਿਸਨਮੁਰਾਰਿਕੰਸੁਕਿਰਤਾਰਥੁਕੀਓ
dhuaapur kirasan muraar kans kirathaarathh keeou ||
In the Brass Age of Dwaapur Yuga, You were Krishna; You killed Mur the demon and saved Kans.

ਉਗ੍ਰਸੈਣਕਉਰਾਜੁਅਭੈਭਗਤਹਜਨਦੀਓ
ougrasain ko raaj abhai bhagatheh jan dheeou ||
You blessed Ugrasain with a kingdom, and You blessed Your humble devotees with fearlessness.

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿਪ੍ਰਮਾਣੁਨਾਨਕਗੁਰੁਅੰਗਦੁਅਮਰੁਕਹਾਇਓ
kalijug pramaan naanak gur angadh amar kehaaeiou ||
In the Iron Age, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, You are known and accepted as Guru Nanak, Guru Angad and Guru Amar Das.

ਸ੍ਰੀਗੁਰੂਰਾਜੁਅਬਿਚਲੁਅਟਲੁਆਦਿਪੁਰਖਿਫੁਰਮਾਇਓ੭॥
sree guroo raaj abichal attal aadh purakh furamaaeiou ||7||
The sovereign rule of the Great Guru is unchanging and permanent, according the Command of the Primal Lord God. ||7||
~SGGS Ji p. 1390

All these Sawaeea are written by Bhat Nallh in praise of Satguru Nanak. In respect he is attributing all prevailed known acts and previously known ones to Guru ji. All such praises means to admit supremacy of Guru Nanak over all of them, nothing more than that. Remember those Bhagatas are also singing who historically came on this earth before Guru Nanak, that states all about Guru Nanak’s supremacy. Even for me, Guru Nanak is my world. I was in deep quagmire and Guru ji guidance has taken me out of it to walk on right path. I am not comparing myself with any one( it is just a humble admission); I am just justifying the point of praising Guru ji.

Veerji, as I pointed out the very process of descending into the sansaara gives rise to Maya. And for this reason, in this age, all avataars and devas are insufficient. So the Parabrahm Himself descended as the Shabad.
USE ANY WORD DESCEND OR OTHER ONE BUT HE DOES NOT TAKE BIRTH (AJOONI) IN HIS INFINITY. HIS SARGUN FORM IS EVERY WHERE. THE INCARNATION POINT OF VIEW REDUCES HIS INFINITY TO SINGLE ENTITY OF A HUMAN BODY. THAT I CANNOT APPRECIATE AND ACCEPT IT. GURU [/FONT]JI Supports[/FONT] ME ON THIS IDEA.
[/FONT]

There are many levels to God-consciousness as there are levels of reality or dimensions. Beyond even the dimensions is the infinity of nothingness which is described as nirguna. Only Guruji has perceived them all. Only Guru has gone to the infinite depth of the nirgun. But the discussion is not whether [/FONT]Krishna[/FONT] speaking from God-consciousness for Dwapara Yug takes something away from Guruji or threatens the Sikh identity. Clearly the Sikh identity is in Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Whatever is expressed there is from Guru. So it is Sikh. There are many schools of thought in Hinduism. And all of them contrast in some way with Sikh teaching. Krishan isn't important to a Sikh. We don't meditate on Hindu devas or scriptures. But the discussion was expressed that a Sikh can't tolerate [/FONT]Krishna[/FONT]'s declaration of being the God. I don't see this disqualification of Hindu religion in Gurbani. It fulfilled a certain role for a certain age and was a manifestation of the God. I don't see where a Sikh can't tolerate anything. We have Gurbani. Nothing is a threat to us. [/FONT]Krishna[/FONT] is not for us the Primal Absolute. But equally, Krishan appears to be recognized as an avtar in Gurbani with God-consciousness so that Narayan was speaking
[/FONT] through him. If this interpretation is incorrect, and not to mention the many places in Dasam Granth which relates story of Krishanavtaar including where his mother perceived him to be God incarnate? If this is so unaaceptable, why didn't Guruji modify Dasam Granth bani to reflect that Krishan was not a manifestation of God, only thinking he was mistakenly? Even Bhai Gurdas Ji says this:
Here you are walking on a very gray area, there will be battle of words which I avoid due to my commitment to do some thing more productive than getting into circle of debate where you get nothing of merit but accusations from some Sikhs (regardless the amrit ceremony people took ). Not a single historical and Scientific fact were ever given by them in favor of what they think is rightI but very low kind of personal spitting takes place where even simple question is asked. So please let me stay out of it. If I cannot convince you with Gurbani( I do not consider All Dasm Granth as Gurbani, hate me, love me, or call me misguided, lost, not a Sikh, it doesn’t matter to me, for me only judge is HIM), I would rather be quiet.
Quote:
I strongly say, regardless of their references, even as Sargun form of HIM, they are not helpful as most of His other sargun form is not. This idea to make any kind of link to our Guru ji or Gurbachan is silly and uncalled for.
Gurbani makes the link. The point of this discussion was not how Sikhs should idolize Krishna, but to answer objections that Hindu belief is intolerable for a Sikh.
Gurbani refers to them as HIS Sargun Sroop but credit gives to HIM only, therefore, your saying that Gurbani makes link to them is your illusion, for me picture is clear, no link but a reference. I made it clear that for Sikhs they are of no importance to guide except Guru and I would keep sayig till last breath because that is what Guru asks me to believe in.

We worship the Supreme Vaheguru. And Gurbani acknowledges that this Supreme uncreated aspect is manifest in creation and in incarnations such as Krishanavataar. Both the nirgun and sargun are the One god. Otherwise it would be a pantheism of many gods. But Gurbani says everything derives from the Absolute uncreated Nirankaar.
First you call HIM NIRANKAR, and then declare about HIS incarnation, obviously you are contradicting yourself. Please keep the identity of the words (manifestation and incarnation) different as per Guru Bachan 1.” AJOONI(Jap Ji), “Nanak Nirbhau Nirankar, hor kete Ram rawal=Asa Dee Vaar”, “Dharnidhar aap ajoni tol bol Sach poora= Onkaar M-1)
2. Manifestation is Sargun Sroop(sarb jot teri passr rahi, jah jah teh NARHARI = Ram Kli M1” , “Jah jah dekha tah PIR hai bhaee…Sohi M-5”
So beauty of stars at night can only be enjoyed if sky is clear!!

[/FONT]

Feb 14, 2006
ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਕੀਆ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥
thrai gun keeaa pasaaraa ||
He formed the expanse of the entire universe from the three gunas, the three qualities.
SGGS Ji p. 103

All material manifestation arises from the 3 gunas. Without the three gunas there would be no manifest reality.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸ ਇਕ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਆਪੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਾਰੀ ॥੧੨॥
brehamaa bisan mehaes eik moorath aapae karathaa kaaree ||12||
Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are manifestations of the One God. He Himself is the Doer of deeds. ||12||
~SGGS Ji p. 908

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹਾਦੇਉ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਰੋਗੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਈ ॥
brehamaa bisan mehaadhaeo thrai gun rogee vich houmai kaar kamaaee ||
Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva suffer from the disease of the three gunas - the three qualities; they do their deeds in egotism.
~SGGS Ji p. 735

Even the Hindu Mahadevas are caught in the properties peculiar to material manifestation, the three qualities of Maya. Why? Because that is the design of creation, that creation is formed from the qualities of Maya.

ਪੰਚ ਤਤੁ ਸੁੰਨਹੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਾ ॥
panch thath sunnahu paragaasaa ||
From the Primal Void, the five elements became manifest.

ਦੇਹ ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਕਰਮ ਅਭਿਆਸਾ ॥
dhaeh sanjogee karam abhiaasaa ||
They joined to form the body, which engages in actions.
~SGGS Ji p. 1038

Everything which is manifest, all universes, the Mahadevas, even including your physical body, comes from the Primal Void. The Primal Void is the Zero from which the infinities arise. The Primal Void is in literal fact, something beyond even Oneness. Oneness is the quality describing the inter-relationships of all the infinities to the Primal Void, showing that despite the multiple forms of manifestation, every existence is dependant on the Light which hides behind the shadow of forms.

ਚਿਤਿ ਚਿਤਵਹੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ਏਕ ॥
chith chithavahu naaraaein eaek ||
Focus your consciousness on the One, the All-pervading Lord

ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਰੰਗ ਅਨੇਕ ॥
eaek roop jaa kae rang anaek ||
He has One Form, but He has many manifestations.
~SGGS Ji p. 295

ਆਪੇ ਆਪਿ ਨਿਰੰਜਨਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਆਪੁ ਉਪਾਇਆ ॥
aapae aap niranjanaa jin aap oupaaeiaa ||
The Immaculate Lord Himself, by Himself, created Himself.

ਆਪੇ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇਓਨੁ ਸਭੁ ਜਗਤੁ ਸਬਾਇਆ ॥
aapae khael rachaaeioun sabh jagath sabaaeiaa ||
He Himself created the whole drama of all the world's play.

ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਆਪਿ ਸਿਰਜਿਅਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਵਧਾਇਆ ॥
thrai gun aap sirajian maaeiaa mohu vadhhaaeiaa ||
He Himself formed the three gunas, the three qualities; He increased the attachment to Maya.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਉਬਰੇ ਜਿਨ ਭਾਣਾ ਭਾਇਆ ॥
gur parasaadhee oubarae jin bhaanaa bhaaeiaa ||
By Guru's Grace, they are saved - those who love the Will of God.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੁ ਵਰਤਦਾ ਸਭ ਸਚਿ ਸਮਾਇਆ ॥੧॥
naanak sach varathadhaa sabh sach samaaeiaa ||1||
O Nanak, the True Lord is pervading everywhere; all are contained within the True Lord. ||1
~SGGS Ji p. 1237

Gurbani says the Lord created Himself. It does not say the Lord created subjects separate from the Oneness of Himself. There are different levels of manifest reality, and different levels of perceiving that reality, which even in sargun saroop is largely imperceivable and incomprehensible to the finitude of the human brain and intellectual capacity. In the created reality there is duality, so we perceive opposites. We perceive the God as separate from His creation. And it doesn't make sense to us logically that God is God, and at the same time Krishna could be a manifestation of God.

Let's look at these terms:
Prakrti or Prakriti (from Sanskrit language) is, according to Vedanta philosophy, the basic matter of which the Universe consists. It is composed of the three gunas or modes, known as tamas (ignorance), rajas (passion) and sattva (goodness).

It is described in Bhagavad Gita as an inferior type of energy to the living beings (jivas), and to the Supreme Person (Paramatma or Bhagavan). It is closely associated with the concept of Maya within Vedic scripture.
Prakrti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Hinduism, Purusha (Sanskrit puruṣa "man, Cosmic Man", in Sutra literature also called puṃs "man") is the "self" which pervades the universe. The Vedic divinities are considered to be the human mind's interpretation of the many facets of Purusha...

In Samkhya, a school of Hindu philosophy, Purusha is pure consciousness. It is thought to be our true identity, to be contrasted with Prakrti, or the material world, which contains all of our organs, senses, and intellectual faculties.
Purusha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Both the Vedic concepts of Pakrti and Purusha are reflected in Gurbani. In Gurbani the Primal Purusha is called ਪੁਰਖ.

ਧਰਣਿ ਗਗਨ ਨਹ ਦੇਖਉ ਦੋਇ ॥
dhharan gagan neh dhaekho dhoe ||
In the earth and in the sky, I do not see any second.

ਨਾਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਸਬਾਈ ਲੋਇ ॥੩॥
naaree purakh sabaaee loe ||3||
Among all the women and the men, His Light is shining. ||3||

ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਦੇਖਉ ਦੀਪਕ ਉਜਿਆਲਾ ॥
rav sas dhaekho dheepak oujiaalaa ||
In the lamps of the sun and the moon, I see His Light.

ਸਰਬ ਨਿਰੰਤਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਬਾਲਾ ॥੪॥
sarab niranthar preetham baalaa ||4||
Dwelling among all is my ever-youthful Beloved. ||4||
~SGGS Ji p. 223

ਆਦਿ ਰੂਪ ਅਨਾਦਿ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੋਨਿ ਪੁਰਖ ਅਪਾਰ ॥
aadh roop anaadh moorat(i) ajon(i) purakh apaar||
Thou art the Supreme Purush, an Eternal Entity in the beginning and free from birth.

ਸਰਬ ਮਾਨ ਤ੍ਰਿਮਾਨ ਦੇਵ ਅਭੇਵ ਆਦਿ ਉਦਾਰ ॥
Sarab maan trimaan dev abhev aadh udaar||
Worshipped by all and venerated by three gods, Thou art without difference and art Generous from the very beginning.

ਸਰਬ ਪਾਲਕ ਸਰਬ ਘਾਲਕ ਸਰਬ ਕੋ ਪੁਨਿ ਕਾਲ ॥
Sarab paalak sarab ghaalak sarab ko pun(i) kaal||
Thou art the Creator Sustainer, Inspirer and Destroyer of all.

ਜੱਤ੍ਰ ਤੱਤ੍ਰ ਬਿਰਾਜਹੀ ਅਵਧੂਤ ਰੂਪ ਰਿਸਾਲ ॥੭੯॥
Jattra tattra biraaj-hoo avdhoot roop rasaal||79||
Thou art present everywhere like an ascetic with a Generous disposition.79.

ਨਾਮ ਠਾਮ ਨ ਜਾਤਿ ਜਾਕਰ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਨ ਰੇਖ ॥
Naam thaam na jaat(i) jaakar roop rang na rekh||
Thou art Nameless, Placeless, Casteless, Formless, Colourless and Lineless.

ਆਦਿ ਪੁਰਖ ਉਦਾਰ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੋਨਿ ਆਦਿ ਅਸੇਖ ॥
aadh Purakh udaar moorat(i) ajon(i) aadh asekh||
Thou, the Primal Purusha, art Unborn, Generous Entity and Perfect from the very beginning.
~Shri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

That which creates diversity, and all that can be seen or known is
called Prakriti. Prakriti is also the material cause or the
material out of which everything is made. Prakriti is the original
source of the material world consisting of three Gunas, and eight
basic elements out of which everything in this universe has evolved
according to Saamkhya doctrine. Prakriti is also referred to as
Asat, perishable, body, matter, nature, material nature, Maya,
Mahat Brahma, field, creation, and manifest state.

This Prakriti is My lower energy. My other higher energy is the
Purusha by which this entire universe is sustained, O Arjuna.
(7.05)

Purusha is the consciousness that observes, witnesses, watches, and
supervises Prakrti. It is the spiritual energy or the efficient
cause of the universe. This is also referred to as Sat,
imperishable, Atma, consciousness, spirit, self, soul, energy,
field knower, creator, and the unmanifest state. Prakriti and
Purusha are not two independent identities but the two aspects of
Brahman, the Absolute Reality.

Know that all creatures have evolved from this twofold energy, and
Brahman is the origin as well as the dissolution of the entire
universe. (See also 13.26) (7.06)

O Arjuna, there is nothing higher than Brahman. Everything in the
universe is strung on Brahman like jewels on the thread of a
necklace. (7.07)
Bhagavad-Gita Chapter Seven

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਦੀਸੈ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪਸਾਰੁ ॥
guramukh dheesai breham pasaar ||
The Gurmukh sees God pervading everywhere.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣੀਆਂ ਬਿਸਥਾਰੁ ॥
guramukh thrai guneeaaan bisathhaar ||
The Gurmukh knows that the universe is the extension of the three gunas, the three dispositions.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਦ ਬੇਦ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
guramukh naadh baedh beechaar ||
The Gurmukh reflects on the Sound-current of the Naad, and the wisdom of the Vedas.

ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਘੋਰ ਅੰਧਾਰੁ ॥੧॥
bin gur poorae ghor andhhaar ||1||
Without the Perfect Guru, there is only pitch-black darkness. ||1||
~SGGS Ji p. 1270

To the Christian and Muslim God is forever separate from His creation. So it's an offense to think a man can be God. God is God. From this Abrahamic definition, to think the incarnated Krishna is God is false. It's false because no created thing can be the uncreated.

ਸਗਲ ਪਰਾਧ ਦੇਹਿ ਲੋਰੋਨੀ ॥
sagal paraadhh dhaehi loronee ||
You sing lullabyes to your stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes.

ਸੋ ਮੁਖੁ ਜਲਉ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਹਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜੋਨੀ ॥੩॥
so mukh jalo jith kehehi thaakur jonee ||3||
Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

ਜਨਮਿ ਨ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
janam n marai n aavai n jaae ||
He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੧॥
naanak kaa prabh rehiou samaae ||4||1||
The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere. ||4||1||
~SGGS Ji p. 1136

Here Gurbani is talking about the error of making the Supreme Primal uncreated into a stone idol, like worshipping picture frames and not the Reality. It says that the Parabrahm Nirankar is pervading and manifest everywhere. This is a correction of the corruptions of insight into the nature of God. It is not the Abrahamic version where God is forever separate from His creation. Even the Bhagavad-Gita describes the Parabrahm nature of All-pervading Oneness and not idols of stone. This is the heart of Vaishnav philosophy. The difference is Vaishnavs see Maha-Vishnu as the Parabrahm. Guru Nanak defines as Ik Oangkar, and Vishnu as part of the pakrti. But Gurbani still says the pakrti and all manifestation, is He.

ਸੁੰਨਹੁ ਉਪਜੇ ਦਸ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥
sunnahu oupajae dhas avathaaraa ||
From the Primal Void, the ten incarnations welled up.

ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਉਪਾਇ ਕੀਆ ਪਾਸਾਰਾ ॥
srisatt oupaae keeaa paasaaraa ||
Creating the Universe, He made the expanse.

ਦੇਵ ਦਾਨਵ ਗਣ ਗੰਧਰਬ ਸਾਜੇ ਸਭਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇਦਾ ॥੧੨॥
dhaev dhaanav gan gandhharab saajae sabh likhiaa karam kamaaeidhaa ||12||
He fashioned the demi-gods and demons, the heavenly heralds and celestial musicians; everyone acts according to their past karma. ||12||
~SGGS Ji p. 1038

It is undeniable that Gurbani makes a point to recognize and list the ten incarnations/avataars, ਦਸ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ as deriving from the Primal Void. These are the ten incarnations/avataars of Vishnu as creative principle manifesting the Jyot of the God as deriving from the Absolute Parabrahm nirguna. This was the manifestation of the One Supreme Parabrahm in the sansaaric world of the three gunas. But every incarnation was caught by the three gunas and maya. So the Light of God is seen as being darkened on the earth from age to age because of bondage to these qualities. And this is why Guru Nanak Dev Ji was needed to be born and bring the world the Naam.

Among the Trinity only Lord Vishnu, being the preserver and upholder of creation, incarnates, to ensure that righteousness and the world order are well maintained. But whenever there is a disorder that starts troubling the worlds, He descends directly into a physical body and removes it. There is a main difference between an incarnation and other manifestations of God. In an incarnation He retains His full potentialities and consciousness while assuming the mortal birth and maintains a firm hold over the play of the gunas of Prakriti (Nature). Some times if the need is not that urgent or acute, He may either manifest Himself partially in a physical body or may just materialize without any physical body.
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/incarnation.asp

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੈ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਪਰਗਾਸੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥
brehamai baedh baanee paragaasee maaeiaa moh pasaaraa ||
Through Brahma, the hymns of the Vedas were revealed, but the love of Maya spread.

ਮਹਾਦੇਉ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਵਰਤੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਪਣੈ ਤਾਮਸੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
mehaadhaeo giaanee varathai ghar aapanai thaamas bahuth ahankaaraa ||2||
The wise one, Shiva, remains absorbed in himself, but he is engrossed in dark passions and excessive egotism. ||2||

ਕਿਸਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਅਵਤਾਰੀ ਰੂਧਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਲਗਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥
kisan sadhaa avathaaree roodhhaa kith lag tharai sansaaraa ||
Vishnu is always busy reincarnating himself - who will save the world?

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਰਤੇ ਜੁਗ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਮੋਹ ਗੁਬਾਰਾ ॥੩॥
guramukh giaan rathae jug anthar chookai moh gubaaraa ||3||
The Gurmukhs are imbued with spiritual wisdom in this age; they are rid of the darkness of emotional attachment. ||3||

ਸਤਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥
sathagur saevaa thae nisathaaraa guramukh tharai sansaaraa ||
Serving the True Guru, one is emancipated; the Gurmukh crosses over the world-ocean.
~SGGS Ji p. 559

Manifestation and incarnation are two different terms and give totally different meaning; keep spinning, meaningless remains meaningless.

Manifestation: 1. the act, process, or an instance of manifesting b (1): something that manifests or is manifest (2): a perceptible, outward, or visible expression c: one of the forms in which an individual is manifested.

Manifestation means the imperceptible has become perceptible. It means the nirguna has adopted manifestation as the sarguna. Incarnation means the uncreated has created Himself. Sikhism doesn't teach to worship the Hindu devas, or to confuse the Primal Being with the forms and manifestations. Nonetheless, Gurbani makes it clear the Hindu devas and the incarnations are a reality and serve a creative purpose in manifesting the nirgun in perceivable form.

When the Parabrahm created creation, he created the perceptible. In order to do this He created the three gunas. In order to do this He created the Hindu mahadevas. Why? Because the Parabrahm created stone statues for people to worship? No. Those reflect the limited understanding of people. But the mahadevas exist because the qualities they symbolically represent are actual physical forces scientifically provable in manifest reality. They are a fundamental element of creation. Mukti is Self-realization, where the ego-identity is surpassed and the Ultimate darshan of Vaheguru Parabrahm is perceived, the sansaaric world is no longer a bondage, and the jeev returns to the Primal Void which is it's ultimate source and true identity. The dancer becomes the Dance.

ਬਪੁ ਧਰ ਕਾਲ ਬਲੀ ਬਲਵਾਨਾ ॥
Bap(u) dhar kaal balibalvaanaa||
The powerful KAL, adopting the physical form,

ਆਪਨ ਰੂਪ ਧਰਤ ਭਯੋ ਨਾਨਾ ॥੩੨॥
aapan roop dharat bhayo naanaa||32||
Manifested Himself in numerous forms.32.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥
Chaupaee||
CHAUPAI

ਭਿੰਨ ਭਿੰਨ ਜਿਮੁ ਦੇਹ ਧਰਾਏ ॥
Bhinn bhinn jim(i) deh dharaae||
According as the Lord adopted different forms,

ਤਿਮੁ ਤਿਮੁ ਕਰ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਕਹਾਏ ॥
Tim(u) tim(u) kar avtaar kahaae||
In the same manner, he became renowned as different incarnations;

ਪਰਮ ਰੂਪ ਜੋ ਏਕ ਕਹਾਯੋ ॥
Param roop jo ek kahaayo||
But whatever is the Supreme form of the Lord;

ਅੰਤ ਸਭੋ ਤਿਹ ਮੱਧਿ ਮਿਲਾਯੋ ॥੩੩॥
Ant sabho tih maddh(i) milaayo||33||
Ultimately all merged in Him.33.
~Shri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji p. 423

~Bhul chak maaf karni ji

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Harjas ji,

I have posted a question related to Hindu Devas in the thread 'Understanding Gurbani' .You may kindly look into and may like to answer it there in the thread.

Regards

May 24, 2008
Sanatan dharma ( Hinduism ) has been worshipping natural forces by giving them each a form of god or goddesses . Fire , Sun , Rain , Wind etc have been accepted as gods . Brahma , Vishnu & Mahesh have accepted as major gods . Furthur , 24 incarnations of Vishnu have also been accepted . The names of Sri Ram Chander Ji & Sri Krishan Ji also falls in this list of twenty four . Besides , Vishwakarma , Ganesh , Som , Brahaspati , Diti , Aditi , Saraswati , Savitri , Parbati , Durga , Vaishno Devi etc r all worshipped Sikhism very forcefully rejects & condemns worship of gods & goddesses . Singing praises of one Timeless Lord has been propagated & preached .Gurbani clearly states " Maya mohey devi sabh deva ( pg 227 ) Means " All the (so called gods & godesses r trapped in lure of Maya ( Rajo , Tamo, Sato ) ( This alone is spiritual death ) this death does not help achieve emancipation without doing the service told by Guru . He alone is saved from spiritual death . He Only ( God ) is saved from this spiritual death whose virtues cannot be described , Who cannot be unravelled " " Brahma Vishnu Mahadeo trai gun rogi , vich haumai kar kamai Jin kiey tiseh n chetey bapurey , Her gurmukh sojhi pa - ee ( Pg 735 ) Meaning " ( O Brother . according to Sakhis of Puranas ) Due to three traits ( Rajo, Tamo, Sato ) of Maya ( Big gods ) Brahma , Vishnu , Mahesh ( shiv ) were diseased ( too ) , ( beacuse ) they acted in ego . That God Who gave birth to them Was forgotton by them . O Brother . God can be attained ( only ) by coming to the shelter of the Guru " " Brahma Bishan Mahesh n koee , Avar n disai eko soee ( 1035 ) Also " Jao jahao tao keval Ram . An dev sio nahi kam ( Pg 1162 ) "

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Dalbirk ji

I applaud you to see Guru Message in right way. Depth of Gurbani and its application is so great, many fall short of understanding Guru message. If Gurbani is read in totality, your post will simply appears to be conveying only Guru message. Thanks.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
‘’Shiva is often shown with many faces, as creator, destroyer and preserver in total command of the cosmos. He contains both good and evil. He is moody, free of inhibitions, easy to please, protector of the down trodden, and has the power to alter the laws of destiny. Thus, it is Lord Shiva is known as the God of mercy and kindness. He protects his devotees from all evil that are always around us. He blesses his followers with grace, knowledge and peace.’’

It is commonly known by those with a degree of exacted erudition that Shiva, Indra and Zeus similarly to many Prophets and Gods were undone by the wandering immoral muses of Ravanna. All were disgraced and toppled from their prestigious mantles.

These dignitaries and embodiments or perfect men, warlords and sages of wisdom, were led astray with the use of magikery by muses to their spiritual destruction. Shiva and Parvati were Supreme Deities. Once fallen into the hands of an evil feminist muse, Shiva was maligned and cast as an evil malevolent tyrant.

Many great men since that time have been systematically destroyed, compromised or cast into ignominy by the action of degenerate harlots invariably encouraged by the carnal natured sorcerers and enemies of the Supreme Spirits. Hence it is concluded rampant feminism heralds the dark ages of evil. Godhood fares badly because of this.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Guru Gobind Singh Sahib got several books of Hindu mythology (Chandi Charitra, Krishanawtar, Ramawtar, Chaubisawtar) translated into Punjabi not with a purpose of worshipping these so-called gods and goddesses but in order to expose them. These so-called gods and goddesses are figures of fiction. They seem to be, in fact, strange persons e.g. jealous of each other, political, diplomatic, conspiracy making feudal. They do not seem to be godly in any manner. Besides, Guru Sahib, in unequivocal words, asked the Sikhs to reject them. In these mythological works there are some ballads of chivalry, bravery, which Guru sahib wanted to narrate in order to invoke spirit of fearlessness and Righteousness among the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib said;
I do not worship Ganesha
I do not ever worship Krishan or Vishnu
I do not consider them even as such (gods)
I concentrate only on the feet of the Almighty
(Krishanavtar)
Since I have found a place in Your feet (O Almighty),
I don't even look at any one else
Ram, Rahim, Puran, Quaran tell a lot but I don't even bother for them
Simritis, Shastras, Vedas, explain different things but I do not consider them of any worth
O Almighty! by Your Grace I have learnt it all from Your Word
(Ramavtar)

Source : http://www.sikhmarg.com/english/The-Sikhs.html

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
A Sikh is free from the Hindu taboos of rituals, auspiciousness of day/time/moment, good and bad omens, fasts, Sharadhs (rituals for the deceased), charity etc. For a Sikh real worship and ritual is recitation of five Banis (hymns). A Sikh must not bow before any living or non-living human being. There is no so-called saint, living Guru, god/goddess in Sikhism. Only the Name of the Almighty is to be worshipped.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
The Sikhs do not have any linguistic boundaries. Gurbani of Guru Sahib, though in Gurmukhi script, has been written in different languages. A Sikh may use and adopt any language for communication, he is free to do so.
Guru Sahib revealed Khalsa in order to bring an end to injustice. He brought an end to caste hierarchy and gave initiation of Khanda to each and every one alike. He raised a nation almost from nothingness and made them a great chivalrous and generous people. Later, this nation brought an end to atrocities of the terrorist invaders from Afghanistan. These Sikhs saved the people of the land. They (the Sikhs) got released thousands of the daughters of the Hindus, unlike the Rajputs who offered their daughters to the Moghuls to win their favour. Had there not been Guru Gobind Singh Sahib there would not have been a single Hindu in this zone. To quote a Muslim poet like Sayyad Bulleh Shah:
I don't talk of here and there, I will say the truth only;
Had there not been Guru Gobind Singh all the Hinds would have got circumcision.
Guru Sahib told the Sikhs to remain distinct. A Sikh must not have social or personal relations with the one who has shaved his head after having once adopted the Sikh faith. A Sikh must not marry a non-Sikh. Practice of female infanticide is strictly forbidden in Sikhism. Getting a daughter married to a clean-shaven (Hindu or any other person) is a sin for a Sikh. Such a person does not remain a member of the Sikh brotherhood. Cutting hair from any part of his/her body makes a Sikh a Patit (an apostate). To quote Guru Gobind Singh Sahib:
So long Khalsa preserves its identity
I Shall bless it with all my power
But, when it adopts Brahminic (Hindu) ways
I shall not protect them.
Guru Sahib did give the message of unity and mutual harmony and we must not forget it but we can not be one with the Hindus as far as religious philosophy is concerned. Hence, even a clean-shaven person is not acceptable in the court of Guru Sahib. Some Patits (apostate) have tried to assert that one should be a Sikh in one's heart only and the articles of faith are of no importance. It is all their illusion. A Sikh is a Sikh and he has to live as a Sikh if he/she needs salvation. A Sikh has an obligation to abide by the command of Guru Sahib.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
namjapji's post quote
These so-called gods and goddesses are figures of fiction. They seem to be, in fact, strange persons e.g. jealous of each other, political, diplomatic, conspiracy making feudal. They do not seem to be godly in any manner. Besides, Guru Sahib, in unequivocal words, asked the Sikhs to reject them. In these mythological works there are some ballads of chivalry, bravery, which Guru sahib wanted to narrate in order to invoke spirit of fearlessness and Righteousness among the Sikhs. Guru Gobind Singh Sahib said;
I do not worship Ganesha
I do not ever worship Krishan or Vishnu
I do not consider them even as such (gods)
I concentrate only on the feet of the Almighty
(Krishanavtar)
Since I have found a place in Your feet (O Almighty),
I don't even look at any one else
Ram, Rahim, Puran, Quaran tell a lot but I don't even bother for them
Simritis, Shastras, Vedas, explain different things but I do not consider them of any worth
O Almighty! by Your Grace I have learnt it all from Your Word
(Ramavtar)
namjapji
These views take us to dominance of Guru Granth Sahib in Sikhs life, personally I thank you for posting it.

Guru Sahib did give the message of unity and mutual harmony and we must not forget it but we can not be one with the Hindus as far as religious philosophy is concerned. Hence, even a clean-shaven person is not acceptable in the court of Guru Sahib. Some Patits (apostate) have tried to assert that one should be a Sikh in one's heart only and the articles of faith are of no importance. It is all their illusion. A Sikh is a Sikh and he has to live as a Sikh if he/she needs salvation. A Sikh has an obligation to abide by the command of Guru Sahib.
namjap ji
"brahamin way" is full fledged approach towards society to corrupt it in every way, it doesn't address only out side appearance. A lot of pondering is needed to understand the concept of unity and harmony, contradictory positions do not create harmony or unity which is a major message of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, specially honored as Guru by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Religion is not only a spiritual path and truth seeking journey but also a discipline. Man is a wayward mammal and driven by ill will and carnal nature. His task is to adhere to a given doctrine in times of peace and in ages of confusion, uncertainty and chaos. To remain steadfast and firm in ones faith in testing times of temptation and tribulation. Honour ones vows, oaths and commitments, familial responsibilities and obligations. It is truly good fortune if one is able to dispense with the aforementioned happily and gladly.

Great emphasis is placed upon appearance. Indeed when this view is given by zealots, the hierarchy will maintain that a pure and noble heart is paramount rather than appearance. Mans apparel defines his persona and gives distinction or the lack thereof. He behaves in differing manners depending upon whether he has donned western jeans or kurta pyjama.

Religious apparel lends to a mans deportment, this composure, the manner in which he holds himself. Honourable Sikhs advance the cause of full Sikh attire, folk are inspired by the beauty and gentility of the traditionally clothed Sikh standing upright and attractively amidst foreign climes, integrated whilst uniquely individual.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Regarding the Gods of the Ramayana and Gita, it is greatly unfortunate and ill fated in the manner in which these Gods are defamed and destroyed. The league of Godhood is cursed. Feminism has largely contributed to the destruction of mankind. Sikhs tend to live generally harmoniously in extended families within their homes. The greater a families ability to coexist and prosper the greater respect and honour we accord them, as God is probably wishing his world were as united as good families led by wise and competent matriarchs and patriarchs.

Although largely destroyed in warfare and ruined, Sikhs must refrain from sullying their tongues with harsh or unkind words. The feminist destroyed and oppressor of Shiva has a name much reiterated in our prayers. This is unfortunate. Alas to sing the praises of the Super Spiritual legends is to exalt the feminists that hold these Gods spellbound. We live in darkened times of spiritual ignorance.

The wise hold a still tongue rather than be found defaming or slandering a good man, let alone our forefathers.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM