• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hindu Aarti In Gurdwara

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all!

It is interesting to note that our Gurus did not write any Janam Sakhis about previous Gurus.

After some hundred years Sakhis are being produced by their followers to help the present generation remain Sikhs.

Balbir Singh

Dec 20, 2005
Just to add a few things abt Takhat Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib.

if you go for darshan during the HolaMhla or Dushera then you will find that a goat is being sacrificed just next to the Nishan Sahib
The amrit sanchar at Takhat Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib is done in open. i mean not in closed doors as done every where else.

Terlochan SIngh

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Satsriakal to all!

Even Devtaas feel ecstasy when demons are killed.

But since when some persons have found an enemy in goats.

It may be the preparation for new bhogs of karmas but surely not a step toward Mukti.

Should a true Sikh do Simran or imitate these goats whom any Baba can sacrifice on the name of religion.

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Goat is killed by Budhadal in Punjab also in past it was done at Akal Takhat also.

Yuo can see the same in Chamkaur Sahib.

As per Tradtions Amrit Sanskar is nothing to do with rituals to be it secret as it is open others also get interested to join the faith.

Amrit has to do more with motivation to get salvation while being alive and no ritualism but for Bibekis in Nihungs.

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
Hi according to me one cannot progress on the path mentioned by 10 Gurus until one attains "NAM" FROM A TRUE "LIVING" SATGURU!!
According to me when one gets Nam,by meditating on that Nam, one gradually gets access to the higher regions.Otherwise he remains stuck up to these external rituals.
The same i think is mentioned in each and every page of "Guru Granth Sahib" but sadly we all are being mislead by all these outwardly rituals.
One who has read Guru Granth Sahib he/she must have come across words like "Panch Shabd","Poore Gur","Nirmal Bani","Anahad Shabhd",wht i feel is tht there are higher melodies which are ringing forth continuously and one can hear them only when one progresses gradually in meditation,and these very melodies guide the soul to the mansion of the lord.All these visions which are mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib are to be experienced within one's self and not by burning divas and candles outside and having a wrong notion that by doing this "ill get salvation" or "god will be happy with me".
We can call ourselves true disciples/true devotees only when we practise what the gurus tried conveying to us.
THAT'S WHT IS MY UNDERSTANDING OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB IN SHORT.NOONE FEEL OFFENDED. PLS.BUT THTS MY UNDERSTANDING!!THANKS.

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
One more thing..For eg. IF WE TAKE UP PHYSICS AS A SUBJECT,WE USE THE TEXT BOOK ETC. AND ALSO GO FOR PRACTICALS INORDER TO GET KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT ALTHOUGH THE AUTHOR OF THE TEXT BOOK HAS PASSED AWAY LONG AGO.BUT YET WE DO NEED A TEACHER WHO CAN TEACH US THE THEORY OF THT AUTHOR AND WHT HE MEANT.IF WE TAKE UP THE SUBJECT BY OURSELVES WE CANT BECOME MASTERS IN IT.
SO THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB IS ALSO THE COMPILATION OF THE TEACHINGS OF ALL THE SAINTS BUT IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE DEPTH OF THESE TEACHINGS AND TO BRING THEM INTO PRACTICE,WE DO NEED THE HELP OF A PERFECT LIVING MASTER WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE TRUTHS WITHIN.
OTHERWISE I DONT THINK POOJA PAATH CAN TAKE US FACE TO FACE WITH THE LORD OR HELP US IN ATTAINING SALVATION.

Sep 11, 2005
zxc279 said:
One more thing..For eg. IF WE TAKE UP PHYSICS AS A SUBJECT,WE USE THE TEXT BOOK ETC. AND ALSO GO FOR PRACTICALS INORDER TO GET KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT ALTHOUGH THE AUTHOR OF THE TEXT BOOK HAS PASSED AWAY LONG AGO.BUT YET WE DO NEED A TEACHER WHO CAN TEACH US THE THEORY OF THT AUTHOR AND WHT HE MEANT.IF WE TAKE UP THE SUBJECT BY OURSELVES WE CANT BECOME MASTERS IN IT.
SO THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB IS ALSO THE COMPILATION OF THE TEACHINGS OF ALL THE SAINTS BUT IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THE DEPTH OF THESE TEACHINGS AND TO BRING THEM INTO PRACTICE,WE DO NEED THE HELP OF A PERFECT LIVING MASTER WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THE TRUTHS WITHIN.
OTHERWISE I DONT THINK POOJA PAATH CAN TAKE US FACE TO FACE WITH THE LORD OR HELP US IN ATTAINING SALVATION.

100 % Right , Your Replies are really Appreciative and must be endorsed by everyone .

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
one cannot progress on the path mentioned by 10 Gurus until one attains "NAM" FROM A TRUE "LIVING" SATGURU!!
Your both posts are ambigious and are only going to confuse the tender minds.
  • Which living Guru you are talking about?
  • Who is the True Living Guru?
  • How do we know that s/He has attained the Truth within?
  • By your above statement, it is clear that you mean to say that Sikh Masters failed to convey the message or What else you meant to say?

Please be clear in your thoughts.
When one gets Nam,by meditating on that Nam, one gradually gets access to the higher regions.
What kind of Nam that someone get from somebody?
How someone can gets it?
Who gives that Nam?

Actually, i wonder what and whom are you talking about. :confused:

One who has read Guru Granth Sahib he/she must have come across words like "Panch Shabd","Poore Gur","Nirmal Bani","Anahad Shabhd",wht i feel is tht there are higher melodies which are ringing forth continuously and one can hear them only when one progresses gradually in meditation,and these very melodies guide the soul to the mansion of the lord.
Please explain on the words you have mentioned from Gurbani. I find it hard to correlate this with your previous statements above.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
wjkk
wjkf

zxc if you are learning science from teacher and after 2 years you know that the teacher is fake then what will you.it is not possible to find a true living guru 99.999% chance is you go with the fake guru.it is better to learn science from books rather than a fake teacher

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Well is not is surprising when a teacher who teaches the study by inventer or discovers as his own.

Satguru was that to whom verses were delivered by Satguru by self.

One who preachers that is nothing but manifezstation of Satguru.

Sat means true and Guru means the one who removes darkness.

AS per Gurubar Akal Khalsa who is one be self is Guru Panth.

There is no differance between Ten Gurus,Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Panth Khalsa and so Panth Khalsa is Satgurudev alive to guide us.

when Panth has Gaddi or throne then why should Sikhs aloow anyone to be higher then them who does not know thier status and come to guide us.

From Gulaba Kharti to Radhswamis,Nirankaris to Asutoos Ji allhave come and gone.

Panth reamins.If Gurbar Akal wants we get truth By Akal with no via media.

We are Khalsa or pure as we purly recoganise Akal and no Guru ,Peer or Avtar.

We ourself enjoy the status of Guru.

A person who seeks to enjoy the Satus of Satguru then join us and we as Satguru will make him one with Satguru.

Khalsa Mera Satguru Pura.

As per Tenth Master Khalsa was and is and will remain Satguru of First Master himself.

his any living Guru wants salvation let him come and make us his/her Guru.

Teacher can not be discverer or invernter.

Our Panth has since beging Three form of Guru,Gurbar Akal ie primalGuru with no other but that.Sabad Guru or verbal manifestation of Akal and Panth Guru or Humans as a group who follow words and preach that being one with Akal.

no man can teach any other human nor can any book but one who is in all does that.
Das would like to say that so far charn grewal of radhswamis has gone to hell and so has gone gurbachna and so will asutoos.

Hel means moving in spirit without body.Our Guru is Akal who is in us and guides us.:wah:

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Being from Nirmala side das can explain a few things.

Anahad Sabad is actual Anahat Sabad ie sound heard with out impact or clash.

Panch Sabad are five sounds of various instruments etc.

As per Gurmat these things are of very lower level of sprituality which Radhswamis preach who are nothing else but our(Nirmalas) outshoots.

At the level when one is one With Akal there is no feeling of light or sound as that feeling is abouve 5 sense so fifve sense can not get it.

Like dumb can not say how sweet is suger so can not one tell,.

If we read Guru Granth Sahib or Dasham Granth and follow the instruction care fully we reach state much more above then the menaioted above.

Gurus sued termnelogy of Yogis only let them understand that Raj Yog of Panth can give them all which they could not get for years of meditation with in no time and even better than that.

But for all mercy of Akal is needed.First Master did not have living Guru but Akal as Sabad was his Guru.Same is our Guru and can guide us.

when it stat we feel like to surrender to Akal with love and find Akal in all.So no distinct sound or light are left as Akal m ade all and all are false and desructable but Akal is true as not made by anyone and Saibhang.

Sat Sri Akal.

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
Aman Singh said:
Your both posts are ambigious and are only going to confuse the tender minds.
  • Which living Guru you are talking about?
  • Who is the True Living Guru?
  • How do we know that s/He has attained the Truth within?
  • By your above statement, it is clear that you mean to say that Sikh Masters failed to convey the message or What else you meant to say?

Please be clear in your thoughts.
What kind of Nam that someone get from somebody?
How someone can gets it?
Who gives that Nam?

Actually, i wonder what and whom are you talking about. :confused:

Please explain on the words you have mentioned from Gurbani. I find it hard to correlate this with your previous statements above.

It comes in Guru Sahib:

Sachche Shabd,Sachi Puth Hoi
Bin Naavai Mukt Na Paye Koi
Bin Satgur koi Naam na paye
Prabh aisi banat banai hai.

Nirmal Bani-Pure Melody
Anahad Shabd-UnstruCK Music
Poore Gur-The guru who has attained the Highest region,"SachKhand".

And as regards to how to recognize a true guru,in Guru Sahib it comes:

"Jis dekhai mun hoye anand,
So Satgur Purukh Sujaan."

"Gur Pir Sadaai,Mangan Jaaye
Taanko Moor na laago paye

Ghaal khaye kuch huthon de,
Nanak Raah Pahchaane Se"

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
Guru Amar Das sums it all up:
"PAVIT PAAVAN SE JAN SAACHE EK SHABD LIV LAA'I
BIN NAAVAI HOR POOJ NA HOVI BHARAM BHULI LOKAA'I"

"BIN SATGUR BHAGTI NA HOVAI NAAM NA LAGAI PYAAR
JAN NAANAK NAAM ARAADHYA GUR KAI HET PYAAR"

Sep 11, 2005
1. How Should One Surrender to AKal ?
2. When Should One Surrender to Akal ?
3. Is There any specific direction , location and specific time that one should surrender to AKAL ?
4. Who Should Surrender to Akal ?

Dear vijaydeep ji

A dumb cannot tell the taste but you cannot say that he didn't tasted it .

If you feel that Akal is in everyone then why you criticized the commercial gurus of RadhaSoamis and others.

In one of you posts you said "

Das finds Guru even in Foes .

Then how you say the one human cannot teach another human .

You also said that no book can teach any man , Then on what basis you endorse reading Dasam Granth .

Sep 11, 2005
zxc279 said:
It comes in Guru Sahib:

Sachche Shabd,Sachi Puth Hoi
Bin Naavai Mukt Na Paye Koi
Bin Satgur koi Naam na paye
Prabh aisi banat banai hai.

Nirmal Bani-Pure Melody
Anahad Shabd-UnstruCK Music
Poore Gur-The guru who has attained the Highest region,"SachKhand".

And as regards to how to recognize a true guru,in Guru Sahib it comes:

"Jis dekhai mun hoye anand,
So Satgur Purukh Sujaan."

"Gur Pir Sadaai,Mangan Jaaye
Taanko Moor na laago paye

Ghaal khaye kuch huthon de,
Nanak Raah Pahchaane Se"

The above line is self understanding , and clearly speaks the truth.

But, many people have read SGGS more than 100 times by way of AKhand Path .

But it Seems they are more or less

"AKHAND PATH JOCKEYS"

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
devinesanative said:
The above line is self understanding , and clearly speaks the truth.

But, many people have read SGGS more than 100 times by way of AKhand Path .

But it Seems they are more or less

"AKHAND PATH JOCKEYS"

Devinesanative,I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

in the above verse Satguru refers to Akal.

Ie Sat(Truth) which is Guru ie Akal else all created Human Gurus are flase and not Sat.

In fact as per anand Sahib Bani without Sat Guru is deemed Kachchi or weak that means that without Akal or glory of Akal verses are weak or false.

So any of Gurbani without meaning Akal in interpetation is not allowed to be correct.

Then DS Ji,

You ask how or when to surrender to Akal.

If we think we can do that then we will never succed.

It is Akal who does that when mercy of Akal is there.

Symptons of them are that we feel surredering to Akal or going to Panthic Guru.

Our Guru is veryly in Radhswamis and das does not hate them there fore das invites them to becoame Sikh.

In thier form Guru tests us that how much faith do we have in Akal.

And by mercy of Guru does test is passed.

It is strange but truth by self Akal takes Test and by self passes.

Das would lie to say that Damdami Taksal,Rara Sahib,Nanaksar,Nirmalas,Gobind Sadan,3Ho all do teach us Naam but no one claims to be satguru but those with ego who want to claim that only they are equal to God claim that.

To misguide they may say that they are humble but if they are so then they must recoganse that they are not the guide and are nothing but only Akal is all.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

In Dasham Granth too DS Ji Akal will guiide you else book is only made up of paper and ink hich decay.Books are made by printing press but words Akal creat.

das also wants to say that as more and more living Gurus mushroom around there with be more sects and more division and resultant discord between humans as persons fight over inperfect humans findin fault in each others.

As per Bachitar Natak Tenth Master made Panth only related To Akal.Name of nor himself or any other Hukman but of Akal.That is the Reason that Tenth Master did not use his or Nanak Name in his verses.

In Kalki avtar correctly Guru told that in evil age of Kaliyuga there will be many sects and many will live short and die.And that all is happening with living Gurus.

Panth is unprecedented as we have blotless Guru as Akal,who never is born nor dies.

zxc279

SPNer
Dec 25, 2005
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

In Dasham Granth too DS Ji Akal will guiide you else book is only made up of paper and ink hich decay.Books are made by printing press but words Akal creat.

das also wants to say that as more and more living Gurus mushroom around there with be more sects and more division and resultant discord between humans as persons fight over inperfect humans findin fault in each others.

As per Bachitar Natak Tenth Master made Panth only related To Akal.Name of nor himself or any other Hukman but of Akal.That is the Reason that Tenth Master did not use his or Nanak Name in his verses.

In Kalki avtar correctly Guru told that in evil age of Kaliyuga there will be many sects and many will live short and die.And that all is happening with living Gurus.

Panth is unprecedented as we have blotless Guru as Akal,who never is born nor dies.

The thing is that Akal cannot be experienced and seen at this physical level.I think he can be realized only through meditation and meditation is possible only with the help of Nam and the grace of Guru.Akal is beyond time and mind and we can experience all this when we search withinourselves.That is wy i quoted some verses above of Guru Sahib.

Another way to recognize a true guru is alo mentioned in Guru Sahib:

"Ghar mein Ghar dikhlai de,
So Satgur Purukh Sujaan"

What i feel is tht when we have faith in the Guru and do simran of the nam,with his grace we can merge into Akal and achieve God-Realization in this very human body i.e. get back to our true home "SachKhand"!!:wah:

By thinking tht after Death we'll meet Akal and realize him shows that we
ARE LIVING IN THE MIDST OF CONCEPTS!!BY HAVING FAITH ON A TRUE GURU AND MEDITATING ON THE "NAM" WE CAN ACHIEVE GOD REALIZATION WHILE LIVING.

Kabir-"Nirankaar ki aarsi saadhon hi ki deh,
Lakha jo chahe ALAKH KO inhi mein Lakh LE"

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT ITS "ALL THE LORD'S GRACE". IT ALL DEPENDS ON THAT.

BUT IM TRYING TO SAY THAT WHAT DID GURU SAHIB MEAN TO SAY WHEN IT IS SAID IN SGGS:

"Nau Darwaze Daswein Mukta
Anahad Shabd Wajavanya"

"Gur ka naam Amritras Meetha"

"Gur ka Shabd Maharas Meetha"

There is surely depth in these quotes,but i dont want to argue any more on the subject.To end it all up frm my end, I quote one of the saints,:-

"Yah Karni ka bhedh hai,Nahi buddhi vichaar,
Buddhi Chhod KARNI KARO,To paao kuch SAAR"

Anyway friends,it was nice talking to ull..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: