• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Heads Of Sikhs Executed In Pakistan Delivered To Gurdwara (Filmlore Blog)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikhs Beheaded in Pakistan!

from the blog of Sikhs Beheaded in Pakistan!

Today, due to an incredible misfortune, I’m referring to the previous project in Pakistan.

News reports today announced that 2 Sikhs have been beheaded by Taliban militants in the tribal areas of Pakistan.

Read BBC Report Here

Their heads were seperated from their bodies and brought to the Bhai Joga Singh Gurdwara in Peshawar.

This is the same wonderful Gurdwara in which we stayed and filmed during our project in the country.

The huge main temple hall is almost like a mirage

The Taliban had kidnapped the victims some time back and demanded ransom of more than $230,000 in return for the captives. The deadline – 20th February – had passed and the non-payment of ransom led to the terrible murders of these 3 Sikhs.

Incense burns in the alley outside the Gurdwara

I called my friend in Peshawar and he explained that the bodies and heads were brought to the Gurdwara. “There was a lot of mayhem and uproar here at the Gurdwara. We held a paath (prayer) for the dead. Two more of our guys are still missing. It’s a very tense a dangerous environment”
The Taliban have warned the Sikh community not to disclose this event to the media, hence I cannot name my friend – but I will be speaking to him again in confidence, later.

You can see the beautiful darbar of the Gurdwara in our film below which starts from around 6:20 mins/seconds

Attachments

• img_1467.jpg
    img_1467.jpg
    23.6 KB · Reads: 266
  • img_1469.jpg
    img_1469.jpg
    23.4 KB · Reads: 798

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM