• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Haume

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
swkq kUVy aUB suk hUey min AiBmwnu ivCuiV dUir geIAw ]2] (834-3, iblwvlu, mÚ 4)
The stubborn, false faithless cynics are dried up; their egotistical pride separates them far from the Lord. ||2||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Lord will meet if pride is eradicated
swcw nwmu swcY sbid jwnY ] (833-1, iblwvlu, mÚ 3)
The True Name is known through the True Word of the Shabad.
AwpY Awpu imlY cUkY AiBmwnY ] (833-1, iblwvlu, mÚ 3)
The Lord Himself meets that one who eradicates egotistical pride.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Why Feel Proud Of When..............................

ANT KAL,means the few moments before a person's death.

A person feeling the approach (if death thinks of many things, his wife, children, wealth and home which he will leave shortly and then begins to worry about them and after a while he is no more.

Bhagat Trilochan realised the importance of these moments preceding death and advised his associates that this short time is better utilised by rememberance of God or meditation of the Holy Name.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sikh80 Ji,
Can one do anything in this world without Haume ?
Which part of Haume is necessary and which part isn't?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected namjap ji,

Haume is the gift Of the God.It comes to us without asking for it. It is an essential ingredient of all living beings. I do not think that I am the right person to answer your question. The ego that arises on account of money and attached material things can be avoided. Like wise ego on account of knowledge or some exceptional quality should also be avoided. The best thing is to remain detatched to the extent possible depending upon one's capacity.I would end here. What do uou think ,sir.?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Quote by Sikh80 "Sikhism stands on the cardinal principles of earning one’s bread by honest labor, sharing the earnings with the needy willingly and with pleasure, meditating on the Name of One God, singing His praises and by doing noble deeds. "

Frankly, do you do all the three mentioned here ? Cite examples of what you think as:-
meditation on the Name of God
earning honestly
sharing of one's earning

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I am an ordinary mortal and am not infallible and have all weaknesses that a human being can have. Yes, I try not to hurt others unnecessarily. I do not if it is a virtue.
Regards

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
A Pause to Ponder*************

Waheguru Gurmantra hai jap Haume khoi

(Waheguru is grur's mantra
uttering that i got rid of ego)

Bhai Gurdas Vaar Pauri 13-2

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Good to pause. Here is another one from Bhai Gurdas.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਉ ਭਾਉ ਸਹਜੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
saadhasangati bhau bhaau sahaju bairaagu hai|
Fear (of God) and love (for mankind) being diffused in the holy congregation the sense of non-attachment always prevails.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਉ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੁ ਜਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
guramukhi sahaji subhaau surati su jaagu hai|
By nature, the Gurmukhs remian alert i.e. their consciousness remains attuned to Sabad, the Word.

ਮਧੁਰ ਬਚਨ ਆਲਾਉ ਹਉਮੈ ਤਿਆਗੁ ਹੈ ।
madhur bachan aalaau haumai tiaagu hai|
They speak sweet words and they have already expelled ego from their selves.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਤਿ ਪਰਥਾਉ ਸਦਾ ਅਨੁਰਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
satigur mati paradaau sadaa anuraagu hai|
Conducting themselves according to the wisdom of the Guru they always remain imbued in love (of the Lord).

ਪਿਰਮ ਪਿਆਲੇ ਸਾਉ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਭਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
piram piaalay saau masataki bhaagu hai|
They feeling fortunate quaff the cup of love (of the Lord).

ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜੋਤਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾਉ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਚਰਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
braham joti brahamaau giaanu charaagu hai|
Realising the light of the Supreme in their mind they become competent to light the lamp of divine knowledge.

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਚਾਉ ਅਲਿਪਤੁ ਅਦਾਗੁ ਹੈ ।
antari guramati chaau alipatu adaagu hai|
Due to the wisdom obtained from Guru they have unlimited enthusiasm and they remain untouched by maya and the dirt of the evil propensities.

ਵੀਹ ਇਕੀਹ ਚੜ੍ਹਾਉ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹਾਗੁ ਹੈ ॥੧੩॥
veeh ikeeh charhhaau sadaa suhaagu hai ॥13॥
In the context of worldliness, they always conduct themselves in a superior position i.e. if the world is twenty, they are twenty one

Vaar 3 Pauri 13

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sikh80 ji

Vaar 3 Pauri 13

But Vaaran is plural -- so maybe you were asking if I had a copy of the Varaan?
english is not my first language .I shall be guided by your undersating/prudence of the words.[Not sabad or akhar.....]and ,ofcourse your consequent action..............................

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh80 ji

The vaars are written in Punjabi and in English -- My prudence is viewed by some as a matter of concern. But you are a supportive person. Thank you.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: