• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Has Www.sikhsangat.com Been Infested By Intolerant Neo-fascists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Probably Yogi Bhajan supporters feeling offended about their cult leader who tell them to practice Kundalini yoga, not to eat meat, to wear all white, and practice his made up White Tantric Yoga.

I don;t mean to offend anyone, but anyone with the name "[SIZE=-1]Siri Singh Sahib Habhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji" arouses suspicion in my mind...
[/SIZE]

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Probably Yogi Bhajan supporters feeling offended about their cult leader who tell them to practice Kundalini yoga, not to eat meat, to wear all white, and practice his made up White Tantric Yoga.

I don;t mean to offend anyone, but anyone with the name "[SIZE=-1]Siri Singh Sahib Habhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji" arouses suspicion in my mind...
[/SIZE]

It's not about meat....it's about the general attitude and intolerance there......and 3 main groups seem to espouse intolerance there 1) AKJ, 2) 3HO and 3) GNNSJ.

I have noticed it change over time.....it doesn't represent the spirit of Sikhi anymore!:confused:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
.....by intolerant neo-fascists?

The reason why I asked is because Ilinked the following essay:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/essays-on-sikhism/8828-fools-who-wrangle-over-flesh.html

....and I was threatened with a ban by that site?

What is going on? :(:confused:

Honestly speaking sikhsangat is quite an intolerant site with lot of fanatics.I have seen many people visit sikhsangat for seeking advice like they want to marry their sikh girlfriend
and they were immidiately attacked by members for having a girlfriend and how is it not allowed in sikhism to have girlfriend.

due to intolerance of members i now rarely post on that site.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

[/SIZE]

sherab you are confusing sikhnet with sikhsangat.sikhnet.com is controlled by 3ho
while sikhsangat is mainly concerned with khalistan.i don't think that any of sikhs on sikhsangat are 3ho

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Honestly speaking sikhsangat is quite an intolerant site with lot of fanatics.I have seen many people visit sikhsangat for seeking advice like they want to marry their sikh girlfriend
and they were immidiately attacked by members for having a girlfriend and how is it not allowed in sikhism to have girlfriend.

due to intolerance of members i now rarely post on that site.

I have noticed that.

There was a time when it was a very mature site.......I am saddened that sites that our Sikh youth look to for answers have been taken over by such people....

....there are good people there I think like Balait Da Sher etc but I think they have been surpased by people from some groups like GNNSJ who seem to have a cult like influence in the UK and the AKJ which seems to have lost its way totally!

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
sherab you are confusing sikhnet with sikhsangat.sikhnet.com is controlled by 3ho
while sikhsangat is mainly concerned with khalistan.i don't think that any of sikhs on sikhsangat are 3ho
I am aware - Yogi Bhajan has helped som ppl get rlly interested in Sikhism, but i do not like him... I am more of a Khalistan supporter, however - but not to the extent of sikhsangat.com, I like to think I combine both views, really.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I have noticed that.

There was a time when it was a very mature site.......I am saddened that sites that our Sikh youth look to for answers have been taken over by such people....

....there are good people there I think like Balait Da Sher etc but I think they have been surpased by people from some groups like GNNSJ who seem to have a cult like influence in the UK and the AKJ which seems to have lost its way totally!

If i am not wrong due to dispute sikhsangat was divided and another forum which looks like carbon copy of sikhsangat www.forums.waheguroo.com was created.these 2 sites looks carbon copy of each other.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Veers ji

Help needed in order to follow discussion. I know who 3HO are. Who are AKJ and GNNSJ? and a little (not a lot) about their history.

Thank you

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Sehrab veerji,

apologies for asking your personal opinions...but if i am not wrong, you are not a punjabi sikh...why do you support Khalistan?

apologies if i have overstepped my limits

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Veers ji

Help needed in order to follow discussion. I know who 3HO are. Who are AKJ and GNNSJ? and a little (not a lot) about their history.

Thank you

AKJ means akhand kirtani jatha means jatha
AKj is a sikh sect which has one of very strictest of rehat.They strcitly impose vegetarianism and turban for women.their rehat clearly says that meat is one of the four cardinal sin.they also beleive that amritdhari are the only sikhs and some them even beleive that amrit available from them is only true amrit.quite frankly thay are very orthodox sikhs.

here is their website from where you can gain information about them.
http://www.tapoban.org/

GNNSJ is also sikh sect.i don't have much knowledge about them
but here is the link where you can get information about them.
http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Nanak_Nishkam_Sewak_Jatha

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
AKJ means akhand kirtani jatha means jatha
AKj is a sikh sect which has one of very strictest of rehat.They strcitly impose vegetarianism and turban for women.their rehat clearly says that meat is one of the four cardinal sin.they also beleive that amritdhari are the only sikhs and some them even beleive that amrit available from them is only true amrit.quite frankly thay are very orthodox sikhs.

here is their website from where you can gain information about them.
Tapoban.org

GNNSJ is also sikh sect.i don't have much knowledge about them
but here is the link where you can get information about them.
Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha - SikhiWiki, free Sikh encyclopedia.

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha started off by one Mr Dhanjal in Kenya I think. I think he experienced alcoholism in his family first hand and this was a reaction to it.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha started off by one Mr Dhanjal in Kenya I think. I think he experienced alcoholism in his family first hand and this was a reaction to it.

do GNNSJ has its own maryada or they follow maryada of akal takhat?
Are they also fanatic vegetarians?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kds ji and Randip ji

Thank you for the information -- just the right amount so I can figure out the thread of conversation. Thanks for the links -- which I will follow up.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
do GNNSJ has its own maryada or they follow maryada of akal takhat?
Are they also fanatic vegetarians?

I think they have Vaishnavite links...they don't follow the Akal Takht Maryada......they keep close links with many Hindu Vashnavite groups and do get fanatical about vegetarianism.

The colours they use are also saffron and white and not the saffron and blue.......although they ban pictures of the Guru's from their temples, they have pictures of the Sant Mr Dhanjal............they were responsible for the Golden Temple guilding fiasco a few years ago where they ruined buildings and treasure hundreds of years old..........

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Sehrab veerji,

apologies for asking your personal opinions...but if i am not wrong, you are not a punjabi sikh...why do you support Khalistan?

apologies if i have overstepped my limits
It does not take me to be Punjabi to support human rights.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
think they have Vaishnavite links...they don't follow the Akal Takht Maryada......they keep close links with many Hindu Vashnavite groups and do get fanatical about vegetarianism.

The colours they use are also saffron and white and not the saffron and blue.......although they ban pictures of the Guru's from their temples, they have pictures of the Sant Mr Dhanjal............they were responsible for the Golden Temple guilding fiasco a few years ago where they ruined buildings and treasure hundreds of years old..........

Intersting information...I never new that

In recent past when Yoga Teacher Swami RamDev visted UK they assisted this guy to oraganise camp for Yoga ( which I think is oreety good thing keeping view sheer Health benefits of Yoga)
BUT the thing is AKJ and many other groups quite opposed thie move to support this Guy Ram dev ( just out of BrahminoPhobia!!!)

Jatinder Singh

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Randip veerji,

you cannot equate palestine with punjab.
though i understand wy people get involved with issues unrelated to them.
(though Palestine is part of bigger terrorism plot)

anyways, Sehrab ji, mine was just out of curiosity and not intended to intrude or demean your personal opinions.

I am amazed at the penetration of media achieved by pro khalistan supporters, which suprisingly find no currency with people "living in" punjab

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: