Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News Harbhajan's Sikh joke falls flat (Daily Telegraph)

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Sikh News Reporter, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Sikh News Reporter

Sikh News Reporter United States
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

CRICKET bad boy Harbhajan Singh has landed in trouble again - but this time for his part in a TV reality show.

More...

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News Sachin's Marathas Vs Harbhajan's Sher Breaking News Jan 7, 2005
    Sone Bhambhani Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Yesterday at 9:11 AM
    Gigi S Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Wednesday at 10:44 AM
    New Short Story (Sikh Fiction) Literature Dec 2, 2016
    Basics Of Sikhi Jagraj Singh Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer Sikh Organisations Dec 1, 2016

3. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

Mona Singh?! Hilarious! :veryhappykaur::veryhappykudi:
    I once had an interesting encounter with a Christian missionary named Mona. Her last name wasn't Singh, though. :veryhappymunda:

• Like Like x 1
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

I want to meet this guy! The story of Ravana and Sita is in Sri Guru Granth Sahib by reference. Putting someone under criminal charges for a satire is very difficult for me to grasp. It is one thing to express dismay. It is something else altogether to file criminal charges. This is one cultural divide that I cannot understand.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mai Harinder Kaur

Mai Harinder Kaur
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer

I think this gets back to the fact that "India" is a bunch of little principalities and countries held together by Scotch tape and prone to communal violence.

The Indian government is afraid of this sort of freedom, and, given the level of communal violence in that country, with some good cause.

Freedom of expression, especially in religious matters, is in the far future in India, if at all. My opinion is that the country will disintegrate before that happens.

• Like Like x 3
  6. roopsidhu

roopsidhu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

SSA,
    I can'i understand , what is objectionable? the satire, ravana, or dancing with a lady?
    Is Harbhajan the first one wearing such satire, How many devi devtas mockery is being done in feture films and specially the cartoon movies?. Why we make fuss of everything. It seems our sikh leader have no other constructive issues to deal with. Why they involve themselves in such things?

• Like Like x 3
  7. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I want to hear words from people which were calling that targeting Mandira is sexist.Though this news is old but here too It was Harbhajan who was forced to apologise.
    Those who don't know Mona singh too is a sikh and is also very popular household name.
    Sikh leaders did not ask her to apologise.Now may I ask them what they want to say about this type of sexism?

• Like Like x 2