• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Harbhajan Singh Yogi Ji Is Not More

Jun 1, 2004
New Delhi, Oct 7 (UNI) Top spiritual leader Yogi Harbhajan, head of the Sikh Dharma in the western hemisphere, has died in the US because of a heart condition.

He was 74. The Yogi is survived by his widow, two sons and a daughter.

According to information received here by National Commission for Minorities Chairman Tarlochan Singh, Harbhajan Singh Yogi or Yogi Harbhajan, as he was popularly called, died at his Espanola home at 0940 pm local time yesterday.

The Yogi, credited with spreading the Sikh faith in Europe and the Americas, leaves behind hundreds and thousands of Sikh converts across the continents.

The spiritual leader was also recipient of a prestigious Akal Takht title of Singh Sahiban.

He was born on August 28, 1929 at Gujranwala, now in Pakistan.

He shifted to the US at a young age were he earned immense popularity through his yoga skills and became a top Sikh spiritual leader among the Europeans and Americans.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
The way Yogi Bhajan stood tall as a sikh, and contributed towards creating sikhs, a mere look of whom gives so much of anand, is so admirable and memorable.

May his soul rest in peace.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sevadaar Singh Ji,

Yogi did standout with his height and turban. He did not convert Sikhs. He used Sikhi as a tool to establish a billion dollar enterprise. True Sikhs have left 3HO and become GURU KEI SIKHS. He was charged with rapes. Two of the cases were settled outside the court with the mediation of Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji and Bhai Manmohan Singh ji.

Following is the site hosted by Kamalla Rose Kaur which would give you a better picture about Yogi Bhajan.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kamallarose?mf=1

Tejwant

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Neutral Singh Ji,

I also noticed the same. I have not visited the site for a long time. It must be busy today due to Yogi's demise. When you do have the chance to log on to the site, you will be able to read all court papers and the various testimonies given.

Tejwant

Jun 1, 2004
Tejwant Ji, until the link is restored... Can you provide some background about what is 3HO ? Why True Sikhs have left 3HO ? I am always been intrigued by 3HO... Frankly do not know much about their origin and except for that sikhnet.com is controlled by 3HO.

I am opening a new thread dedicated to discussions on 3HO. Your input would be really helpful.

Regards

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: