• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Halloween Is Over. OK! What Is It?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikhs do not celebrate Halloween -- that is when no one is looking. :D

But most of the world has no idea what happens as part of the festivities, or what it is all about.

Halloween is a day of celebration mostly for children that today still has a connection to its ancient origins in pagan Europe. Children wear gaudy costumes and go from door to door after nightfall begging for candy and treats. (Though much of that has dampened down and no longer is as popular as it was when I was a kid because in past years children have been given dangerous treats and people are afraid to open their doors.) Schools have Halloween parades where children walk in step in their costumes, dressed as witches, goblins, movie-stars, animals, the crazier the better. There are house parties and everything is decorated in orange and black. Adults have parties -- when they are single and have time on their hands. Otherwise adults can be found at children's parties. In Scotland, where Halloween is very popular, children walk around in the nippy cold night carrying carved pumpkin heads. And in Germany... well in Germany...there is no end to the fun.

Take a look at this picture show. Pics of Halloween from around the world and maybe you will end up content that you saw the pics but didn't have to be part of the performance. :yes::yes::yes:

Hundreds of pictures of Halloween from around the world!

Halloween - Yahoo! News Photos

capt.b1767d761f8e4346a96f85ad4154a2ef.travel_trend_theme_parks_what_s_new_ny402.jpg

Kirpal Singh

SPNer
Jul 23, 2006
Thank you Narayanjyot about educating us about Halloween.when my children were little,we had great fun with trick & treats.it reminded me about "Lohri festival"in Punjab when people collected money & sweets to celebrate a new childbirth especially boys in their families.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: