• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hair/ਬਾਲ

Status
Not open for further replies.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Tejwant Ji,

Being on Sikh Form when I noticed an article on Hair, I was intrigued and wanted to read if anything good about hair is written. To my surprise within a second I realized instead of respecting the God gift and mentioning its quality, guilt and agenda of author by twisting Gurbani to different ends and reading between the lines, the emphasis is given on non-importance of God Gift. But since Moderator had approved this article, I thought to logically destroy the reasoning of author with gur sabd pankties. As I was working to destroy the third sabd, I was shocked to read generalization of gurdwaras fights and others which had no links whatsoever with hairs. I wondered if this is the state of tranquility of author, how can one continue I stoped thus comments on third sabd. But now since you have intervened, I thought I should continue.

Sikhism is about spiritual evolution and that “there is a degree of desirability, bordering on essentiality, to keep long hair in addition to the command of our tenth Guru. There was a time when if anyone member of Sikh family under some compulsion was required to shave off head, the guilt will not permit him to come out of his house for a week out of shame, but now Guru Nanak declaration fits here, 'pwp kI jM\ lY kwblhu DwieAw jorI mMgY dwnu vy lwlo ]Bringing the marriage party of sin, Bollywood has invaded Sikhism, demanding to drop our wedding gift, O Lalo. srmu Drmu duie Cip Kloey kUVu iPrY prDwnu vy lwlo ]Modesty and righteousness both have vanished, and falsehood, shameless struts around like a leader, O Lalo. I have no problem if anyone shaves off and lives naked, the problem comes when you start justifying the reasoning by distorting gurbani and wants to challenge and say hey now 80% of the Sikhim has abandoned hair – come out and you also drop so that their number increase to 90% or to 99%. In addition they want to take over Gurdwara and wants to becomes role model by becoming President so that new generation completely forsake the turban and beard.

You stated we need educated people. Here I slightly differ with you, There is no shortage of educated people, it is the will to use our discriminatory intelleect. Despite best education, did we stop idol worship, blind faith. Yesterday I was reading an article of highly educated person advocating that 33 croers Devta daily comes to Darbar sahib to pay homage – the myth which Hinduism has almost droped but we sikh have borrowed from them and or promoting.

Gurbani clearly tells us, ‘piVAw mUrKu AwKIAY ijsu lbu loBu AhMkwrw ] - that scholar who is full of greed, arrogant, does not use his discriminotry intellect and believes in blind faith, justifying his wrongdowing by distorting gurbani, pride and egotist, is known to be a unwise as the amount of ego is less in an uneduacted person”, Whereas function of knowledgeable person by practicing the right knowledge is to be polite, loving, compassionate, gentle, balanced and detached, helpful and thus a better human being.

Best regrds
Sahni Mohinder

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tejwant Ji,

Being on Sikh Form when I noticed an article on Hair, I was intrigued and wanted to read if anything good about hair is written. To my surprise within a second I realized instead of respecting the God gift and mentioning its quality, guilt and agenda of author by twisting Gurbani to different ends and reading between the lines, the emphasis is given on non-importance of God Gift. But since Moderator had approved this article, I thought to logically destroy the reasoning of author. As I was working to destroy the third sabd, I was shocked to read generalization of gurdwaras fights and others which had no links whatsoever with hair. I wondered if this is the state of tranquility of author, how can one continue I stoped comments on third sabd. But now since you have intervened, I thought I should continue.

Sikhism is about spiritual evolution and that “there is a degree of desirability, bordering on essentiality, to keep long hair in addition to the command of our tenth Guru. There was a time when if anyone member of Sikh family under some compulsion was required to shave off head, the guilt will not permit him to come out of his house for a week otu of shame, but now Guru Nanak declaration fits here,pwp kI jM\ lY kwblhu DwieAw jorI mMgY dwnu vy lwlo ]Bringing the marriage party of sin, Bollywood has invaded Sikhism, demanding to drop our wedding gift, O Lalo. srmu Drmu duie Cip Kloey kUVu iPrY prDwnu vy lwlo ]Modesty and righteousness both have vanished, and falsehoo, shameless struts around like a leader, O Lalo. I have no problem if anyone shaves off and lives naked, the problem comes when you start justifying the reasoning by distorting gurbani and wants to challenge and say hey now 80% of the Sikhim has abandoned hair – come out and you also drop so that their number increase to 90% or to 99%. In addition they want to take over Gurdwara and becomes role model by becoming President so that new generation completely forsake the turban and beard.

You stated we need educated people. Here I slightly differ with you, There is no shortage of educated people, it is the will to use our discriminatory intelleect. Despite best education, did we stop idol worship, blind faith. Yesterday I was reading an article of highly educated person advocating that 33 croers Devta daily comes to Darbar sahib to pay homage – the myth which Hinduism has almost droped but we sikh have borrowed from them.

Gurbani clearly tells us, ‘piVAw mUrKu AwKIAY ijsu lbu loBu AhMkwrw ] - that scholar who is full of greed, arrogant, does not use his discriminotry intellect and believes in blind faith, justifying his wrongdowing by distorting gurbani, pride and egotist, is known to be a unwise as the amount of ego is less in an uneduacted person”, Whereas function of knowledgeable person by practicing the right knowledge is to be polite, loving, compassionate, gentle, balanced and detached, helpful and thus a better human being.

Best regrds
Sahni Mohinder

Sahni Mohinderji

You may not understand that moderators do not "approve" anything that is posted here in the forum in advance. Every point of view is permitted to be heard. And it is only when forum rules and TOS are violated that posters will be warned or posts will be removed.

SPN has a policy of allowing the widest possible range of opinions to be expressed so that freedom of thinking is not suppressed. I personally think it is unfortunate that "scholarship" is so often equated with egotism and pride. Without the diversity and without the scholarship this or any forum may as well not exist.

There would be no need for any Internet forum if everyone were to say exactly the same thing on every subject. Or if nobody felt the need to back up their writing with information with facts, or logic, and particularly some mastery scripture. Think please about that.

Very often I see the same Internet personalities travel from forum to forum with one agenda: making sure that "ideas" are suppressed. Making sure that certain topics are dominated by one point of view. And only their point of view is allowed. Making sure that dissent of any kind is overwhelmed by opposition. This forum only asks we be responsible in our language when we express those opinions.

What happens when we turn our backs on people who have a different opinion? What happens when we feel guilty about our efforts to share what we have learned with other people?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Dear All,

I agree completely with the sentiments expressed by Antonia Ji. SPN is unlike the Yahoo. mailing Groups whch have "moderators with dictatorial powers..once a colleague had the Moderator ORDERING her to Provide her Passport as evidence she is REAL ??..And even more strange..the Mod asking this ridiculous request is in INDIA..while the Colleague so asked knows the Malaysian Mod "well enough"...and lives in the neighbourhood !!! needless to say we BOTH left that "group" never to return. Who needs such petty dictators to run your life ?? SPN "authorities" only intervene in cases where the language etc gets to harsh/falming begins. Other than that everyone is free to say his/her piece.

Nothing is served by either suppressing...censoring....or sweeping things under the carpet.
These 'demons" must be allowed free expression and countered. IF we take the easy route and just put the lid on such questions...the pressure cooker will one day explode and do lot of harm.
The Internet Forums are the best form of Instantaneous information dissemination to the most number in the shortest time....we cannot afford to run away from questions...as Guru nanak ji DIDNT RUN..He ACTIVELY SOUGHT OUT THE "OPPOSITION" AND ANSWERED THEM..AND TOLD US..ROS NA KEEJEH..UTTAR DEEJEH....KICHH sunneah..KICHH Kaheah nanak... Dont be annoyed..Provide the corect answers....say something...listen...and reply....

Always...we lose some..we gain some...its all in His Hands..why we worry ?? We serve HIM as best as we can..just like everyone else....Just look at the INCREASING NUMBERS of WESTERN SIKHS...who enter Sikhism with such Beautiful meaningful CHARDEEKALLA NAMES ( from Gurbani/sikh history)..FULL DASTAARS..for BOTH men and women...they learn Punjabi..they have no excess "punjabi baggage"......while Punjabi Born sikhs..cut their hair..smoke..take drugs..become gangsters..no dastaars..keep meaningless names....and carry so much punjabi baggage of caste/hindu customs like lohree/rakhree/sangrands/pooranmashis/sant babas derawaadees....etc etc

I have been facing such "uncomfortable questions" for past 45 years.....i am not disappointed....simply because I always take the bull by its horns... I never GIVE UP....CHARDEEKALLA means just that !!!:happy::welcome:

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Giani Ji says,

"These 'demons" must be allowed free expression and countered. IF we take the easy route and just put the lid on such questions...the pressure cooker will one day explode and do lot of harm."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear respected giani Ji,

It does not behoove of a Sikh and teacher of your stature to use the word demon with whom you dis agree.
I respect the Amrit and 5 K's equally and others views too. My point basically is that Guru Gobind Singh Ji has enough time and authority to add page 1431 making these things mandatory for every Sikh but unfortunately he did not.
Those who have these; be Happy in their progress towards spirituality and those who do not; let them suffer the consequences.

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal
Williamston, Mi

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Vsgrewal jui

Gyani ji was not calling anyone personally a "demon." The reason why he put the word "demon" in quotes was to emphasize that we sometimes go over-board and act as if those who disagree with a particular point of view are "demons."

Gyani ji is protecting the right to disagree. Just needed to clarify that point because it might be easy to misunderstand what he was saying. :)

Jun 1, 2008
See dear writer of this post, hairs r inseparable part of ur body. God didn't gave us anything that is jsut a waste, every part has its own importance. u don't wish to keep hairs then u r welcome not to, but those who does don't discourage them. if God wanted us to cut ur hairs as the rest of humans r doing, he would have give us small hairs as is seen on our hands and legs. Womans don't have a facial hair as God wanted them to have a special identity, so man has one to give him a special identity.

Now can you imagine God creating buildings for us to live?no we build them right may be with his will if the others cut hairs it is allah's will isnt it?
and who told you womens dont have facial hairs you must not have seen some baptized sikh womens oh my god they have long hairs on face sorry if it hurt some.

When it was reintroduced by Guruji, it wasn't that we were not keeping hairs, it was that that wasn't giving us an identity. by making us to keep unshorn hair, with the rest kakars, he gave us an identity, an identity that makes a sardar different from a grp of thousands of others.

Guru sahib never gave us this identity of sardars we are the one who have build it sorry not we you have build it:eek:

If u r weak don't make others like u r, don't be stupid to challenge the WILL OF GOD, he will show u his power if u go beyond ur limits.:inca:
who is challenging the will of God it is different for different people according to their situations.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sahni ji,

Guru fateh.

You write:

Being on Sikh Form when I noticed an article on Hair, I was intrigued and wanted to read if anything good about hair is written. To my surprise within a second I realized instead of respecting the God gift and mentioning its quality, guilt and agenda of author by twisting Gurbani to different ends and reading between the lines, the emphasis is given on non-importance of God Gift. But since Moderator had approved this article, I thought to logically destroy the reasoning of author with gur sabd pankties. As I was working to destroy the third sabd, I was shocked to read generalization of gurdwaras fights and others which had no links whatsoever with hairs. I wondered if this is the state of tranquility of author, how can one continue I stoped thus comments on third sabd. But now since you have intervened, I thought I should continue.

First of all I am not here to defend anyone but learn from all who write, especially the ones I disagree with. So Virinder ji does not need any defending from me nor from anyone else. His essays are based on SGGS and if you feel some of his meanings of the Shabads are "distorted" then please come up with your version so all of us can learn from it.

I have mentioned this before and it is worth repeating. Gurbani is like a well cut multi-faceted diamond and each of us sees it through our own light.

So please come with your interpretation of the verses Virinder ji has used and allowed us to learn from his. Disagreement is a good learning process but one has to present his/her side of why and how that has taken place.

Sikhism is about spiritual evolution and that “there is a degree of desirability, bordering on essentiality, to keep long hair in addition to the command of our tenth Guru. There was a time when if anyone member of Sikh family under some compulsion was required to shave off head, the guilt will not permit him to come out of his house for a week out of shame, but now Guru Nanak declaration fits here, 'pwp kI jM\ lY kwblhu DwieAw jorI mMgY dwnu vy lwlo ]Bringing the marriage party of sin, Bollywood has invaded Sikhism, demanding to drop our wedding gift, O Lalo. srmu Drmu duie Cip Kloey kUVu iPrY prDwnu vy lwlo ]Modesty and righteousness both have vanished, and falsehood, shameless struts around like a leader, O Lalo. I have no problem if anyone shaves off and lives naked, the problem comes when you start justifying the reasoning by distorting gurbani and wants to challenge and say hey now 80% of the Sikhim has abandoned hair – come out and you also drop so that their number increase to 90% or to 99%. In addition they want to take over Gurdwara and wants to becomes role model by becoming President so that new generation completely forsake the turban and beard.

Sahni ji, First of all your punjabi fonts do not show up on my screen. I have no idea if they do on others. I would like to ask others if they show up on theirs. If they do then I need some help from the moderators. I could not read your Punjabi fonts in any of your posts.

I agree with you. Sikhi is a life long learning process and through learning we can elevate our level of normalcy which I call evolution and that is the beauty of Sikhi. But one thing we must never forget that Sikhi is the journey of the individual. Each of us carries our own spritual torch and only Ik Ong Kaar knows what milestone each of us is at. Neither you, nor me, nor anyone else can find that out no matter how much we try to play God.

I have given my own opinion about Kesh in my posts which I am sure you must have read. But at the same time I am aware of what Gurbani teaches us," Sabh gobind hein,gobind bin nahin koi". So hair becomes like the Earth which is mere a speck of sand in all the Milkyways that surround us. Breeding goodness is the uttermost thing. And if that breeding goodness sprouts a person to have a desire to have long hair, then it is fine, if it does not then he/she does not become a bad person.

We can not call Bill and Melinda Gates bad people or Warren Buffet with what they have been doing with the billions of their fortunes by helping humanity because they do not look like us.We may not call them Sikhs in their looks but their deeds show their Gurmat ideals. Isn't that the true essence of Sikhi? Infact if you read the Bill of Rights of the USA each word echos Gurmat Ideal.

What I am saying here is that let us play our parts as individuals the way we see fit rather than pointing fingers and judging others' looks. Looks can be very deceiving. You know the Jathedar of the Takhat at Patna Sahib was a bigamist and he had the full Baana on. We as Sikhs have to learn to see beyond how we look from the outside. Isn't that the true meaning of 4 doors of Harmander Sahib?

You stated we need educated people. Here I slightly differ with you, There is no shortage of educated people, it is the will to use our discriminatory intelleect. Despite best education, did we stop idol worship, blind faith. Yesterday I was reading an article of highly educated person advocating that 33 croers Devta daily comes to Darbar sahib to pay homage – the myth which Hinduism has almost droped but we sikh have borrowed from them and or promoting

Allow me to differ with you. Then the people you have mentioned are not educated no matter how many times they have read and memorised the SGGS or the bundles of certifcates they carry under their arms. Sikhi is about learning and educationg ourselves. We are quick at our Takhats to ban people for petty things from across the building-Hamander Sahib where we welcome all mankind with 4 open doors. Isn't that ironcally hypocritical?

I am sorry I did not understand what you wrote in Gurmukhi due to the fonts but what I understand from the English, I would suggest again as I did earlier in the post to share your interpretation of the Shabads in the essays written by Virinder ji so that people like me can learn from you. Quoting Gurbani to criticise others is not its objective. Gurbani's objective is how we as Manmukhs can become Gurmukhs as individuals.

Regards and hope to learn through your interpretation of this beautiful poetry.

Tejwant Singh

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Deat Tejwant Ji

Perhaps you didn't read my posts wherein I clarified and presented my point. Further in the article, the whole agenda was to prove non-importance of HAIR through cut and pick pankties and nothing else and I was clarifying one by one. As stated earlier I have no problem if one shaves or maintain hair or like to live in jungle or naked. For me as you stated sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai. I am nobody to judge who is right or wrong.

Sahni Mohinder

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Respected Virinder Ji,
Gurfateh.

The "demons" I mentioned are NOT anyone on this SPN (in particular) or anywhere else ( in General).
AAd Ji has read my post correctly. I have no intention of disparaging/disrespecting any poster- we are all here to LEARN and learn ONLY. So no apology is warranted as this is just a slight misunderstanding.

I respect everyone...including those who may disagree with me..in fact so many disagreed even with Guru nanak ji and indeed even called Him Mad... bhootna.... betalla..and no idea what else..BUT Guru Ji let all this pass..and went on with His Mesage..so I try and emulate my Guru Ji ( hopefully I am succeeding..).

I would however seriously reccomend that in your abstracts or as an addendum..you include the COMPLETE SHABAD and Page Number of any Panktees that you quote. That will put to rest any linfering doubts anyone may have about the meanings - short panktees or just one/two lines most of the time dont convey the real meaning which is always in the RAHAO Tuk. I xoncur with Tejwant jis view that Gurbani is like a MUlti Faceted Diamond...but like to add that even in a Diamond..the ONE CONSISTENCY is "LIGHT"...LIGHT enters and LIGHT Exits...GURBANI has GYAAN...and ONLY GYAAN. So the LIGHT may appear of a different "colour" to different persons...but ALL see only LIGHT- Gurbani cannot have CONTRADICTORY MEANINGS.....slight "color variations" maybe..but NOT as distinct as Balck vs White- DAY vs NIGHT ?? NO.
Please keep in Chardeekalla Jios.:welcome:

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Dear Giani Ji,

I aplogise for misundertanding the word. I always give the reference of the Sabd, Page, Line and Guru Ji in each reference.
Thanks for your constructive comments.

Cordially,

Virinder

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Dear Dr Sahib Ji,
Gurfateh.

Apology accepted as graciously as given ji.
I am one of those who truly appreciate the time and energy you have put into these "Abstracts"..its not everyday that one can get all the info nicely packaged in one place. How we interpret the message is up to us as individuals- as the GYAAN is all the same..and THAT is the essence of having such forums as SPN. I admit that I use them in my Gurbani and General Classes - and we do turn up with vastly different conclusions than the ones you have drawn...sometimes entirely different...but then thats what this is all about....healthy debate...and learning...un-learning...Re-Learning...all the time.
So THANKS once again.

Cordially and affectionately
Jarnail Singh

May 24, 2008
and by the way leave punjab aside look at the sikhs abroad they are not only jatts but most of them cut their hairs.and i know a lot of jatts lining abroad who never trimmed their hairs.

Saint Soldier Ji ,
If u r living in Punjab , u may see what I'm talking about . Of course I may bring to ur kind attention that I'm not a castist at all , but u go to any Sikh site , u'll find a host of people working overtime on these topics .

http://www.sikhnet.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=794

http://www.sikhnet.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1238

http://www.sikhnet.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1380

http://www.sikhnet.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1190

As regards for Dr. Virender Singh Grewal Ji , I am not at all hesitant to admit that I was wrong to have jumped the gun . His intention was really not what I thought it to be .
Regards,
Dalbir Singh

Guru sahib never gave us this identity of sardars we are the one who have build it sorry not we you have build it:eek:

Your right Guru Sahib didn't give us the identity as Sardars (turban on the head and a clean shaven face), we are given the identity as Singhs. Long uncut hair tied in a Daastar, with long uncut beard, so there is no doubt the person is a Singh. This identity is of a Singh and some abuse this identity like Badal and his clan.

Giani Ji says,

"These 'demons" must be allowed free expression and countered. IF we take the easy route and just put the lid on such questions...the pressure cooker will one day explode and do lot of harm."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear respected giani Ji,

It does not behoove of a Sikh and teacher of your stature to use the word demon with whom you dis agree.

I respect the Amrit and 5 K's equally and others views too. My point basically is that Guru Gobind Singh Ji has enough time and authority to add page 1431 making these things mandatory for every Sikh but unfortunately he did not.

Those who have these; be Happy in their progress towards spirituality and those who do not; let them suffer the consequences.

Cordially,

Virinder S. Grewal
Williamston, Mi

Bhai Sahib, the Tenth Nanak took Amrit himself from the Panj Pyare. There was never a time where Guru Sahib said only I need to do something and my Sikhs don't have too. Guru Sahib did something and he didn't expect any less from his Sikhs. As Sikhs fought in wars so did Guru Sahib. When I read history and how Bhai Jetha ji and Bhai Lehna ji recieved the Guruship from the previous Guru it amazes me. Due to their following of every word of Guru Sahib and doing as Guru Sahib did; there faith was tested and Bhai Jetha Ji and Bhai Lehna ji passed with flying colors.

Taking of Amrit is seen as a test of faith for me. Why would Guru Sahib expect anyless of me when he took amrit himself? Surely I am not at all higher than Guru Sahib. How can I become a Gurmukh when I don't even follow in Guru Sahib foot steps.

The light that took amrit from the Panj Pyare infront of the sangat exist in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the Eternal Guru.

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
Bhai Sahib, the Tenth Nanak took Amrit himself from the Panj Pyare. There was never a time where Guru Sahib said only I need to do something and my Sikhs don't have too. Guru Sahib did something and he didn't expect any less from his Sikhs. As Sikhs fought in wars so did Guru Sahib. When I read history and how Bhai Jetha ji and Bhai Lehna ji recieved the Guruship from the previous Guru it amazes me. Due to their following of every word of Guru Sahib and doing as Guru Sahib did; there faith was tested and Bhai Jetha Ji and Bhai Lehna ji passed with flying colors.

Taking of Amrit is seen as a test of faith for me. Why would Guru Sahib expect anyless of me when he took amrit himself? Surely I am not at all higher than Guru Sahib. How can I become a Gurmukh when I don't even follow in Guru Sahib foot steps.

The light that took amrit from the Panj Pyare infront of the sangat exist in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the Eternal Guru.
Dear Bhai Sahib,

Could you please elaborate on the last line of your reponse?

Cordially,

Virinder

Nov 16, 2006
Perth, western Australia

Please consider the following:

ਬਰਨੁ ਚਿਹਨੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਮੁਖੁ ਮਾਸਾਰਾ ਕਹਨੁ ਜਾਈ ਖੇਲੁ ਤੁਹਾਰਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਰੇਣ ਸੰਤ ਚਰਨਾਰਾ ੪੫
बरनु चिहनु नाही मुखु न मासारा ॥ कहनु न जाई खेलु तुहारा ॥ नानक रेण संत चरनारा ॥२॥२॥४५॥
Baran cẖihan nāhī mukẖ na māsārā. Kahan na jā▫ī kẖel ṯuhārā. Nānak reṇ sanṯ cẖarnārā. ||2||2||45||

he has no color, no sign, no mouth and no beard. I cannot describe Your play. Nanak is the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||2||2||45||
ਬਰਨੁ = ਰੰਗਚਿਹਨੁ = ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨਮਾਸਾਰਾ = ਦਾੜ੍ਹੀ ਰੇਣ = ਧੂੜ

ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਤੇਰਾ ਰਚਿਆ ਜਗਤ-ਖੇਲ ਬਿਆਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਰੰਗ ਹੈ, ਨਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਹੈ, ਨਾਹ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਮੂੰਹ ਹੈ, ਨਾਹ ਕੋਈ ਦਾੜ੍ਹੀ ਹੈਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! (ਆਖ-ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਤੇਰੇ) ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਧੂੜ ਮੰਗਦਾ ਹਾਂ੪੫
My dear honourable members of spn forum ji
Read this statement of sahib sri guru Arjan sahib ji in Rag Suhi p 746 & carefully consider what Guru ji has written.
God has no sign , no mouth & no beard.
We try to think that God has SOHNE NAK & LAMRE VALA. All this is our imagination. It is not the reality. It is not the fact. It is fiction. Why don’t we put all our faith in NIRANKAR?
Why don’t we go within & meditate on formless.?
I tell you this : IF YOU DON’T GO WITHIN YOU GO WITHOUT.
You can imagine any form & if you love him from your heart God will appear to you exactly in that form to convince you that here I Am. God is formless but He can take any form that you visualise.This is the reason God does not appear in any one physical form.
All the physical forms of this physical world, the world of duality are His forms only. Srb BUq Awp vrqwrw srb nYn Awp pyKnhwrw. Sgl smgrI jw kw qnw Awpn js Awp hI sunw[(suKmnI) jo dIsY so qyrw rUp[ shs qv nYn nnw nYn hY qoih ko, shs mUrq nnw eyk qohI[He is pervading & permeating in every thing & every being.He is dwelling every whiere. There is no place where God is not.

with love
Mahanbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Singh ji

I agree with virinder ji. Please tell us what you mean by this sentence, The light that took Amrit from the Panj Pyare infront of the sangat exist in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the Eternal Guru.

Do you mean Guru Gobind Singh ji?

Dear Bhai Sahib,

Could you please elaborate on the last line of your reponse?

Cordially,

Virinder

Sure, as Bani says, The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. The Light being the Tenth Nanak is the Bani. As Guru Nanak Dev ji infused the light in Guru Angad Dev ji and Guru Angad Dev ji infused the Light in Guru Amar Das ji and so on. In the same way Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji infused the Light in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Also Bhai Sahib do you concur with the rest of this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM