Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Hacker Sentenced To Longest US Sentence Yet

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

"The Associated Press is reporting that a Michigan man has been sentenced to 9 years in prison for his involvement in hacking into the corporate systems of Lowe's Home Improvement and attempting to steal customer credit card information. The sentence far exceeds the 5 1/2 years that hacker Kevin Mitnick spent behind bars.

Two others are awaiting sentencing, including one of the first people to ever be convicted of wardriving. Prosecutors said the three men tapped into the wireless network of a Lowe's store in Southfield, Mich., used that connection to enter the chain's central computer system in North Wilkesboro, N.C., and installed a program to capture credit card information. No data was actually collected however."

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/15/234223&from=rss

2. Loading...