• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurudwara GupatSar

Mar 10, 2006
Mumbai
We had organised a Gurmat Youth Camp at Gurudwara GupatSar in Manmad (Near Nanded, Karnataka, India). It is said to be a historical Gurudwara and as we enter the Gurudwara, a board shows the history of the Gurudwara. It says on the board that once two Hindu kings were captured in a jail by some mugal king. There was a Sikh gatekeeper who was a true gursikh. On the Hindu kings request he asked them to repeat "Satnam Waheguru", the kings meditated on "Satnam Waheguru" for 40 days. Guru Gobind Singh ji was happy and he came there on his horse. The kings held on to guruijj's feet and guruji flew the horse away from the jail, thus freeing the kings. Now I fail to understand how can this be true. I am not questioning Guru Gobind ji's capability, but I doubt the story. The Gurudwara looked like a dera of some baba there. Another thing which I felt strange was that girls were not allowed to do langar sewa of distributing langar to sangat. They could cook langar and clean the utensils, but they were not allowed to distribute langar. Now when I questioned the concept, some sewadars asked me to keep quit as the baba would feel bad.
I felt very sad to see such things happen in Gurudwaras. Whose fault is it? How can this be stopped?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
jonnyBravoWarm said:
Now when I questioned the concept, some sewadars asked me to keep quit as the baba would feel bad.
I felt very sad to see such things happen in Gurudwaras. Whose fault is it? How can this be stopped?

Without any hesitation, put forward your points to the in-charge there, without making many assumptions, and with a clear open mind.. that s all comes to me.

Guru Ang Sang

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

in Deccan such things do happen as Hajuri Maryada is like that.We have such problmes with Deras in UP,Bihar and even with some Sants in Punjab also.We can make Akal Takhat strong and then by thier saying we can do reform.

Mar 18, 2008
Gurfateh

in Deccan such things do happen as Hajuri Maryada is like that.We have such problmes with Deras in UP,Bihar and even with some Sants in Punjab also.We can make Akal Takhat strong and then by thier saying we can do reform.

wjkkwjkf singh sahibji this gurudwara gupatsar sahib is under of KAR SEWA ( LANGAR SAHIB ) & here no any type of hazuri maryada was running .

In hazur sahib ladies also do the sewa of serving the langar in langar hall.
In hazuri Maryada there is no any explaination about this matter :eek:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM