Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Guru, satguru and the Lord

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Sikh80, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

icqvin icqvau ipRA pRIiq bYrwgI kid pwvau hir drsweI ] (1207-1, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I think thoughts of Him; I miss the Love of my Beloved. When will I obtain the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan?
    jqn krau iehu mnu nhI DIrY koaU hY ry sMqu imlweI ]1] (1207-1, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I try, but this mind is not encouraged. Is there any Saint who can lead me to God? ||1||
    jp qp sMjm puMn siB homau iqsu Arpau siB suK jWeI ] (1207-2, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    Chanting, penance, self-control, good deeds and charity - I sacrifice all these in fire; I dedicate all peace and places to Him.
    eyk inmK ipRA drsu idKwvY iqsu sMqn kY bil jWeI ]2] (1207-3, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    One who helps me to behold the Blessed Vision of my Beloved, for even an instant - I am a sacrifice to that Saint. ||2||
    krau inhorw bhuqu bynqI syvau idnu rYnweI ] (1207-3, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I offer all my prayers and entreaties to him; I serve him, day and night.
    mwnu AiBmwnu hau sgl iqAwgau jo ipRA bwq sunweI ]3] (1207-4, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I have renounced all pride and egotism; he tells me the stories of my Beloved. ||3||
    dyiK cirqR BeI hau ibsmin guir siqguir puriK imlweI ] (1207-4, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I am wonder-struck, gazing upon the wondrous play of God. The Guru, the True Guru, has led me to meet the Primal Lord.
    pRB rMg dieAwl moih igRh mih pwieAw jn nwnk qpiq buJweI ]4]1]15] (1207-5, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I have found God, my Merciful Loving Lord, within the home of my own heart. O Nanak, the fire within me has been quenched. ||4||1||15||
    The same old question that has remain unanswered:

In the line that is colored who is guru and who is satguru .Obviously The primal lord cannot be the same all the time.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sakhis Satguru Nanak Sahib in "Tal Heal" or "Tula Valley of Mexico" History of Sikhism Feb 3, 2014
    Shabad of the Week: Satguru Kia Fitki-a Mangi Thake Sansar Shabad of the Week Nov 10, 2013
    India Guru Nanak Dev University to have Satguru Ram Singh Chair Breaking News Oct 26, 2011
    General Characteristics of Satguru in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Hard Talk Jun 15, 2011
    Kirtan Jithe Jaye Bahe Mera Satguru Videos Jun 5, 2011

3. Sherab

Sherab
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Guru is all 10 gurus and sri guru granth sahib ji.

satguru ois the true guru - the gruu who is true. the true guru is one who has gone beyond maya in all ways, and still contained with it, IE. waheguru

4. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for a nice reply. It is not necessary to write unless you are sure.We are interpreting Gurbani and i.e Guru's word. Yesterday also you have given the interpretation Of Panch Shabad as waheguru ji.
    Kindly reply if you are sure. You would be doing a favor.

5. Sherab

Sherab
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

How can i be sure?

How can i claim to know anything?

I have no virtue... maybe you should ask the virtuous then, such as Gyani Jarnail Singh, Vijaydeep Singh, or Jasleen Kaur, or any others - they are present here, too. Why not PM them?

Bhul chaak maf karna

6. Sikh80

Sikh80
    Expand Collapse

kid pwvau hir drsweI ] (1207-1, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I think thoughts of Him; I miss the Love of my Beloved. When will I obtain the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan?
    jqn krau iehu mnu nhI DIrY koaU hY ry sMqu imlweI ]1] (1207-1, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I try, but this mind is not encouraged. Is there any Saint who can lead me to God? ||1||
    jp qp sMjm puMn siB homau iqsu Arpau siB suK jWeI ] (1207-2, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    Chanting, penance, self-control, good deeds and charity - I sacrifice all these in fire; I dedicate all peace and places to Him.
    eyk inmK ipRA drsu idKwvY iqsu sMqn kY bil jWeI ]2] (1207-3, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    One who helps me to behold the Blessed Vision of my Beloved, for even an instant - I am a sacrifice to that Saint. ||2||
    krau inhorw bhuqu bynqI syvau idnu rYnweI ] (1207-3, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I offer all my prayers and entreaties to him; I serve him, day and night.
    mwnu AiBmwnu hau sgl iqAwgau jo ipRA bwq sunweI ]3] (1207-4, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I have renounced all pride and egotism; he tells me the stories of my Beloved. ||3||
    dyiK cirqR BeI hau ibsmin guir siqguir puriK imlweI ] (1207-4, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I am wonder-struck, gazing upon the wondrous play of God. The Guru, the True Guru, has led me to meet the Primal Lord.
    pRB rMg dieAwl moih igRh mih pwieAw jn nwnk qpiq buJweI ]4]1]15] (1207-5, swrMg, mÚ 5)
    I have found God, my Merciful Loving Lord, within the home of my own heart. O Nanak, the fire within me has been quenched. ||4||1||15||
    The same old question that has remain unanswered:

In the line that is colored who is guru and who is satguru .Obviously The primal lord cannot be the same all the time.