• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Guru Nanak - A Successfull Entrepreneur

Oct 7, 2005
Dear RajSikh ji I beg to differ from you it was not Guru Amardass ji who who re arranged the grammar of the panjabi and declared it as a Gurmukhi script, it was Guru Angad Dev Ji. Guru Angad dev ji also held special panjabi classes for children and women as he thought the the mother is the first Guru in the life of the child.
Language is Panjabi and script is called Gurbani lipi.
Panjabi has been in Panjab since long time well before the Gurus.
Panjabi simply means a language spoken in the land of five rivers.
Thanks and take care
with best wishes
gurfateh
Singhjiuk

rajsikh

SPNer
Aug 1, 2005
thanks for everyone's reply
all of friends seems to have friends circle in sikh peoples only
but i talked to few jewish rabbi and one christian scholar about their view on sikhism,they seems to agreee on one point that sikhism is a mixture of hindu and muslim religion,Even sikh architecture is similar to muslim architecture.
first of all i like to talk to people who are not sikhs,so i can find out what their perception is.
and thats what i found out,i am totally agree with one of my friend that christianity deny any other belief
but then i dont want to move away from real topic
Guru Naanak Dev ji did not know right from the starting,i think in that sense goutam budh's history is more clear ,he got mokhsa after he got married and sired few children,
Guru Nanak dev ji got married and had two sons,and after that he tried to find the meaning of life,so he did so many odyssey,but his own children lost motivation in life and became yogi
but Guru nanak dev ji was successfull in finding idea of life and made one conclusion that family life is best
but it was too late, his own children had already embreaced yogiism

rajsikh

SPNer
Aug 1, 2005
singh ji uk
i want to thank u found one mistake
i am totally agree it was Guru angad dev ji
but then it does not really matter,i just wanted to point out one thing that
there was no gurmukhi before guru Anagad dev ji
it was he who derived gurmukhi in khandoor sahib,near baba bakala
thanks

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
but i talked to few jewish rabbi and one christian scholar about their view on sikhism,they seems to agreee on one point that sikhism is a mixture of hindu and muslim religion,Even sikh architecture is similar to muslim architecture

Dear Rajsikh ji

Thanks for you reply

I live in a place that do not have any single sikh in radious of 100 miles
I live in N ireland so I have Christian and muslim people around me as my collegues

one of my collegue muslim (from pakistan) firmly believes that both jews and christian are nothing but Muslim , they just dont accept it and refuse to accept Prophet Mohammed otherwise God (Allah) made all them muslims so this should make both jews and christian muslim as you said you asked two non sikhs and they said so and so sikhs are now half muslim

Now I have also many collegues christian as well ( both protestent and catholics) they believe islam to be bogus and think that all muslims are infact Christian and quran verses are stolen from old teastment and other texts

so going by their views all three religions stand now where

when we do reasearch then we start with nothing and get the thing at the end of process but If you try to start search with already a definate belief then you are just searching for justification to validate your belief
by doing like this you can prove almost any thing as people have done already by proving the Greatest Souls Like Prophet Mohammed and Jesus as rapist and Prevert

so good luck friend your possibilities are endless but I will surely pray to Akal Purakh that may find the truth

Jatinder Singh

rajsikh

SPNer
Aug 1, 2005
thats true
jewish ,muslim and christian are related to each other by way of some religious texts,
but here i am not talking about them,i am talking about sikhism,jewish ,and christian have nothing to do with sikhism(i mean to say sikhism was not born in that part of world)
i just want to press one point here,i have no personal benefit from this
and the point is what other religion think about sikhism
personally i think our religion has so many similarity to not only hinduism or islam but also jewish religion
but everyone has right to beleive what ever he or she like
so i respect your views and hope we will discuss more in this forum
thanks
by the way i would recommend as friend
watch first part of jesus of nazreth
and one more movie called fiddler on the roof
you will see how close is sikhism to judaism
thanks

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
drkhalsa said:
Dear Rajsikh ji

Thanks for you reply

I live in N ireland so I have Christian and muslim people around me as my collegues

one of my collegue muslim (from pakistan) firmly believes that both jews and christian are nothing but Muslim , they just dont accept it and refuse to accept Prophet Mohammed otherwise God (Allah) made all them muslims so this should make both jews and christian muslim as you said you asked two non sikhs and they said so and so sikhs are now half muslim

Now I have also many collegues christian as well ( both protestent and catholics) they believe islam to be bogus and think that all muslims are infact Christian and quran verses are stolen from old teastment and other texts

when we do reasearch then we start with nothing and get the thing at the end of process but If you try to start search with already a definate belief then you are just searching for justification to validate your belief
by doing like this you can prove almost any thing as people have done already by proving the Greatest Souls Like Prophet Mohammed and Jesus as rapist and Prevert

so good luck friend your possibilities are endless but I will surely pray to Akal Purakh that may find the truth

Jatinder Singh

In this case we are the most luckiest.
When we look at Guru Nanak's philosophy - Sikhism belongs to every human being and it carries a universal message in the true sense (sarbat da bhala). Though many suggest sikhism was derived from bhakti movement of hinduism and sufi branch of islam , but yet it contain some unique and independent principles.
During his life time followers of Islam and Hindus philosphy both revered him. GURU NANAK JI is the ONLY person in History of the World to have THREE PLACES of WORSHIP dedicated to HIM- One by Sikhs, One by HINDUS and the THIRD by MUSLIMS in PAKISTAN. Every other Prophet is reverred ONLY by his own coreligionists..GURU NANAK JI is respected by many religions

Nanak Shah Fakir
Hindu Ka Guru Musalman ka Pir.
Regards Sahni Mohinder

Aug 27, 2005
Baltimore Md USA
Rajsikh,
I am a bit than curious why you would question rabbis about Sikhism. You can learn much about Judaism from a rabbi but another faith I don't think so. Commercial movies are intended to make money not be very informative. I wanted to learn more about Sikhism so I joined this web site I didn't go to a Christian, Jew, Muslim or adherent to my faith.

If anyone characterized any of my faith's great saints or sages as an entrepeneur I would not be pleased. There is no product to sell only a truth to be espoused.

I am sure everyone knows there are many schools of yoga, kundalini, bhakti, karma etc, but in a broader sense yoga is a person's practice to attain union with the "That One".

hpluthera

SPNer
Oct 3, 2005
Auckland
Dear Friend
I appreciate your curiosity and learning about similarity of Jewish culture and ways akin to Sikhs but it is wrong to suggest that Sri Guru Nanak Devji went to middle east for search of some good mission as it does not fit in the historical facts, hence following submissions to clarify:

1. Guru Nanak Dev ji's odyssy to Meccaa was last of the four and he had already launched Sikhism at the age of seven with first serman to Mullah the teacher.

2. at the age of thirty in 1499 he gave out the "Naam he recieved from the Niranakar" Which is mool mantar :Ik Onkar to Jap". At the Same time he placed the Seal of Truth to this Naam by adding " Aad Sach Jugad Sach Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach" With his seal of Truth he bestowed this Naam to His Sikhs and promised that whosoever will do Naam Simran and recite Gurbani Kirtan shall be free from all problems and satans. He revealed Himself as His messanger. "Kal Taran Guru nanak Aya". By the Naam bestowed upon Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj by the Nirankar Himself who was Nanak's Satguru - Guru nanak became Nirankar Swaroop.

4. Guru Nank Dev Ji at the begining of His Mission declared that "I am neither a Hindu Nor a Muslim" so where from after forty years he did not have to learn any thing.

Therefore dear friend please I beg you, if you are undertaking to produce a documentary be responsible and do not give out your own made information. Guru nanak went out to all four directions to spread the messsage He received from Nirankar" "Jaisi Mein away Khasam Ki Bani..."

Mesaage was loud and clear a Total freedom of worship as a Householder and establishment of Direct connection with Almighty without Rabbi, Pundit or Priest method Naam Simran- throughout 260 years all 10 Gurus message was consistent for naam Simran the only purpose of life.

Therefore it is absolutely wrong to suggest that Sri Guru Nanak Dev went out in search of knowledge; why should he when he is telling us "undder wassay bahar bhi Ohi.." He already had a message and a mission.

I hope this should clear your views and you shall read a little more of Gurbani before you undertake your venture.

Guru Nanak Gave the world Naam
with direction to do Simran in Sahaj.

Now I suggest you to Give any person a Sikh Test: Please answer the following three questions with yes or no answre:

1. Do your earn your living by honest means of hard work and creativity (kirit is a very wide word)?
2. Do you remember His name in heart? (Simran)
3. Do you share some part of what you have with less fortunates?( wand Chhakna)

If he/she answers yes to all the three questions above then that person is a Sikh by Sri Guru Nanak 's Standard now it is upto him/her to work on to reach Sahaj Awastha of Naam to enjoy the blissfull meeting in the Sachkhand with the Nirankar and become King of this world by"man jite jag Jeet". ("Conquor your mind to conquor the world" Japji by Guru Nanak)

I am sure you will associate some one for good guidance.
with best wishes and regards
HP Luthera
rajsikh said:
first of all i dont mean to hurt anybody's feelings,but because in discussion everyone has right to present his thesis.so i am expressing my point of view
right now i am working on documentry on sikhs of new york(even though i am not very experienced documentry maker)but i know all the technical and other things, how to make documentry from your own home
but because documentry not only want technical know how,it also demand proper research.
so i decided to do little research ,and intresentingly when did i started,first thing i found was one historian CUNNIGHAM'S VIEW ABOUT SIKHISM.
and when i read that view i was stratled,he said Sikhism is a syncretistic religion.i was baffled by this word,i took dictionary to find the meaning of this word.
i still cant beleive what i found in the dictionary,it say syncretistic mean fusion of 2 or more beleifs into one.i was shocked to see this,and honestly this word changed my whole direction to do some research.
so i decided to do my reserch on muslim,christian and jewish religion to find out what cunnigham really mean.
i ordered jesus of nazrath episodes on dvd from netflix
i watched the whole life of jesus and also saw how he started new mission,in the stating part they show jewish religion,because jesus was jewish,in one episode thay show handling of jewish holy book ,after they are done reading book they take bible to a very well maintained place and cover the book in beautiful clothes and then closed the door.it remind me how we respect our shri guru granth sahib,second thing i saw water pool where everyone wash their body part before they enter synagouge,third thing i saw men have full beard and also waring turban on their head,fourth thing i noticed was people in the temple are meditating at different different places in synagouge
i became more curious,i went again to netflix to serch about any movie which would show jewish life in old time,luckily i found one title FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
i ordered that movie too and watched whole movie,in the movie they show life in one village in russia when czar was ruler,they show their day to day life,in the middle of the movie they show marriage ceremony of hero's daughter.
hero show off all the stuff he is giving to daughter .at one time they show all the jewish go to their rabbi to take guidance from their bible ,and ask what bible say about this and that
my point behind telling all these thing is that as everyone know guru nanak travelled to middle east and all over india
he was thinking about starting a new mission too,but he needed the idea as to what message his mission should give to common masses,and to see what a common really want to hear.
by roaming all over and discussing all points with different people he learned all these things
and then he started his sikhism mission,which allured people from both hindu and muslim beleifs,because he got all good things from both religions as well as new ideas from jewish and christian belefs,which indian people were not awared of
so in my view guru nanak dev ji was a very deep thinker and innovative person.

hpluthera

SPNer
Oct 3, 2005
Auckland
Dear Jatender Singh

I may suggest that this person who is saying that there is no Christian or Jew but only Muslim has nothing but ego and self doubt. His faith in his own religion is very weak and without foundation that is why psychologically he feign as if nothing else exist and if they say they do I would resist otherwise I will lose my faith. Guru Nanak has placed good deeds and truthful living over and above Truth and religion. So every Sikh by that standard has to be first a good human being before he is accepted to be a Sikh.

Just ask his friend that how his faith and belief in Allah is enhanced by refuting others. In life our acceptance in what we have faith in is more important than rejecting others faith.

We spend our lives in trying to spoil others but fail to build our own,

Keep up the good work as Lone rep of Guru nanak "Guru mere sang Sada Hay naale" so Guru ka Sikh is always with his Guru through Naam.

Good luck and best wishes

Regards
HP Luthera
drkhalsa said:
Dear Rajsikh ji

Thanks for you reply

Jatinder Singh

hpluthera

SPNer
Oct 3, 2005
Auckland
I beg to differ Guru nanak Mission was clear he was not a wandrer but a dlivere of Message of Nirankar.

He got the Naam and spread it out in all four directions and he was very successful.

Guru Nanak did not learn he Knew as a Child as a young man and as a householder the right from the wrong.
It is not important to compare relions it is important to understand the messsage underlying. When we compare we bring in many egos.

Because of that "Many Hindus believe that Shanker's Shivling is in Mecca and that is the black stone the Muslims Kiss when they go on Huj. So many such Hindus might be eager to go to Mecca but can not being regarded as Kafirs.

Many Muslims believe Jews are Muslims.

Many Jews believe Jesus was not a son of God and

Many christian believe that all other religions are useless only God 's son was jesus.

Many believe that Jesus died to clean our sins so non christian can not be saved."

The above views are there with many we do not judge them right or wrong because those who do not agree to any Truth or faith it is because their ego stops them as their efo is embedded with their faith or belief.

Only saints become above these narrow thaughts. I regard that these are some sort of views expressed by common people with low intellect who keep talking to show down others because fundamentally they are egoist. and an Egoist can not accept that others can also be right.
Guru Nanak's first condition is that if you want Him to come in your heart then clean it of the egos. "Haumein Wada Rog Hey" Hence such person is a sick person by that standard.

HP luthera
rajsikh said:
thanks for everyone's reply
but i talked to few jewish rabbi and one christian scholar about their view on sikhism,they seems to agreee on one point that sikhism is a mixture of hindu and muslim religion,Even sikh architecture is similar to muslim architecture.
first of all i like to talk to people who are not sikhs,so i can find out what their perception is.
and thats what i found out,i am totally agree with one of my friend that christianity deny any other belief
but then i dont want to move away from real topic
Guru Naanak Dev ji did not know right from the starting,i think in that sense goutam budh's history is more clear ,he got mokhsa after he got married and sired few children,
Guru Nanak dev ji got married and had two sons,and after that he tried to find the meaning of life,so he did so many odyssey,but his own children lost motivation in life and became yogi
but Guru nanak dev ji was successfull in finding idea of life and made one conclusion that family life is best
but it was too late, his own children had already embreaced yogiism

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

literaly and litraly a Muslim is one who surrneders to God.

There are many Hindus,Sikhs,Jews or Christians who have surrendered to God so they are more Muslim then say presnet day Jihadis who kill non Muslims.

hpluthera

SPNer
Oct 3, 2005
Auckland
If that is so why do they restrict non muslims from visiting Mecca.

I wish the hearts and minds of all Muslims are like you who has reached that stage that every one to him is Rab Da Banda- One God's People.

But the facts are not if in reality the Muslim belief really is that then why did all Mughals and others killed many innocents just to convert them, did not they have any sense that all believers are believers of the same God, Allah or by what ever name they identify him in their own faith.

How bad

HP
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

literaly and litraly a Muslim is one who surrneders to God.

There are many Hindus,Sikhs,Jews or Christians who have surrendered to God so they are more Muslim then say presnet day Jihadis who kill non Muslims.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Dear Luthra Ji

Because their surrender to God is blind surrender and not based on contemplation of Gursabd. Guru Nanak surrender is with humility, equality, sincere efforts, love while contemplation on Gursabd that why he has opened all the four door of Harminder Sahib with invitation to come and come all irrespective of any caste creed, religion and pray the way you like.
Regards Sahni Mohinder

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

as per shperical geometry in a spheroid like earth,we can get at least one small or big circle or elcipse joining two points this porves that mecca is in all directon so the symbol of Allah in all side.Thats what First Master did preached during his visit to Mecca.

if some so called Muslim does not allow true Muslim in Mecca like Pandits did to Sant Namdev then neither they were Pandits nor they are Muslims.

gursidak

SPNer
Apr 22, 2005
rajsikh said:
first of all i dont mean to hurt anybody's feelings,but because in discussion everyone has right to present his thesis.so i am expressing my point of view

Gurufateh:

It is all the same very easy to "not mean to" but still hurt!

I sincerely have faith in your honest intentions not to hurt but would always wonder if one can wash his hands off by carrying such honorable intentions only and not putting in sincere effort to really do that or at least put in time and effort to do a proper research.

Though I couldn't muster the patience to go through the whole thread because of a gut instinct as to something horribly out of place as regards the honour and respect required to be placed at the mention of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, from whatever brief I could lay my eyes on I have a few queries:

- I have put forth and humbly asked in this forum earlier also that where is the need and motivation to call and prove Sikhism as another religion - one more vying to balloon its following.....To me and many others, it never was, definitely isn't now, and will never be the case. Sikhism simply is not a religion. Nowhere in the history is a single mention of any Sikh Gurus, Scholars, or Rulers forcing, cajoling, or doing anything whatsoever to convert people of any other religion.........
- that the two sons of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji moved on different paths, does not in any way reflect any 'purported' weakness on the part of their father, it to me only proves two facts. First, Guru Ji was not an 'entrepreneur' who would have otherwise passed on his 'business' in his family and secondly and more importantly, one does not become Sikh simply by birth in a Sikh family which again reinforces the fact that Sikhism is not a religion (by traditional definitions of whatever religion you might refer to). As a bonus, we learn the lesson of 'Alipt Rehna' from our Torchbearer.
- One more thing I would like to confirm with someone from this forum. I got to know that there are a few historical gurudwaras in the Middle East and Afghanistan. If that is the case, it is anybody's guess as to how realistic it would be for some 'entrepreneur or learner' to establish places of worship in territories which are as adverse to the realms of worship outside of their religion. (If the rulers of Middle East consented that easily, Sikhism well might be some dark design of some Muslim rulers -- pun intended :))

One humble request -- please double-check the words you attach to the likes of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji (to some it definitely hurts but much much more than that with time and a little deep research, you yourself might have second thoughts and by such time words spoken like bullets shot are already etched in the sheets of time gone by.

ikqu muiK guru swlwhIAY krx kwrx smrQu ] sy mQy
inhcl rhy ijn guir DwirAw hQu ]

It is always good to question and to me, as a seeker, it is our first duty to question and learn in the process but won't we, if we were putting forth our queries in a classroom of 20 students, rephrase our queries in such a way that they are both palatable and don't cause indignation amongst any of those 20 co-students. More so in this open forum where any number of people from different backgrounds, principles, and beliefs come together.

Lastly but most importantly, I sincerely want to do my bit to promote such healthy debates and if in any way I said something that goes against that spirit, I offer unqualified apologies and seek better guidance so that we can train in the right direction.

Gurfateh.

Dec 8, 2005
Re: Guru Nanak - a successfull entrepreneur: word entrepreneur inapproprate

dear sewadaar ji;

I respect your freedom of speech fully.

If I were you I would use some word other than entrepreneur to descrinbe our beloved first master Guru NANAK DEV JI.

The word sounds more like business to me.

Request feel free to use any word out of spirituality domain.

The profit we have reaped from our first Guru is for all of us to see. It is no where close to economics .

:) Dr HP Singh :)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This thread was started to explore one of the innumerable attributes of our beloved first guru. No offense is intended. :)

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Sorry Devinesanative (real name??) Ji, i have got no clues. You can again subscribe by going to --> Thread Tools --> "Subscribed to This Thread" option.

Regards

rajsikh

SPNer
Aug 1, 2005
it has been a long time that i opened this web site,i saw my article was creating some controvery thats why i decided to stay away for a while
also some member diverted their discussion toward muslim jihadis and islam
any way i have very intersting thing to tell you
i came across one web site few months ago,name is unitedhindu.com,i was really surprised to see sikh fotos there
i really hated that website the way they want to spread hatered .so i wrote one blogg on that topic at Www.sulekha.com,i would really like to discuss that article with few people
so please press on this link
wolf totem : united hindu(satan), mocker blogs on sulekha, Current Affairs blogs, mocker blog from india

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM