• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru And God No Difference

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
OK this the one my son sent me( Bhai Gurdas Ji is talking about God and Guru):

hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY gur prmySr eyko jwxY]
hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY dUjw Bwau n AwxY]
hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY Aaugx kIqy gux prvwxY]
hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY mMdw iksY n AwK vKwxY]
hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY Awp Tgwey lokW BwxY]
hauN iqsdy cauKMnIAY praupkwr krY rMg mwxY]
lau bwlI drgwh ivc mwx inmwxwmwx inmwxY]
gur pUrw gur Sbd is\wxY ]õ]

I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who accepts Guru and God as one.
I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who does not allow the sense of duality to enter in him.
I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who understands the evil done to him as good one.
I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who never speaks ill of anyone.
I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who is ready to suffer loss for the sake of others.
I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who enjoys doing altruistic activities.
Such a humble person understanding the Word of Guru, himself becomes the perfect Guru.

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

Jul 10, 2006
Antar Tere Nidhaan Hai.......... Then Nidhaan will tell what is right and what is wrong.............................

Waheguru Rakha

I hope this is not going off topic Bhenji, but this reminds me of Gurbani shabad mp3 on my media player.

Mp3 link:
http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Kirtan/Bhai%20Taarbalbir%20Singh/Mann%20Mereya%20Antar%20Terei%20Nidhaan%20Hai.mp3
and
http://www.ikirtan.com/Various_Ragi_Jaatha's/Man Meria Antar Tere.mp3

Shabad link:
RajKaregaKhalsa.net: man mayri-aa antar tayrai niDhaan hai baahar vasat na bhaal

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
thanks kaur ji, i have the sameone, guess what............. i was playing it when you were posting the link

what a coincedence...............

my daughter is whispering in my ears: great minds think alike :cool:

Bir

SPNer
Jan 2, 2007
Lion is still Alive

I have always been wondering whether Taksal's recently declared martyr chief is alive or has attained saheedi.

We have met Baba Thakur singh ji several times and know he won't tell lie all through for more than 20 yrs and for which he maintained his stand assertively till his Sachkhand Ghaman.

Though Baba Jarnail singh has been decalred martyr I still belive he is alive.
Baba ji's bachan can never go futile. I know when my brother who has 3 daughters and when one day babaji got impressed with his seva prayed for him in his house for a son. Same year he was blessed with a Son.

Recently got to see a video of Baba Thakur singh ji on taksal's website where he maintained his stand in a very humble manner.I have also heard and read that babaji himself had been saying that time will come when even from Taksal's own headquarter's Baba Jarnail singh would be declared "Shaheed" worldwide and everyone will say that Baba Thakur singh was lying.Only when the Lion arrive they will believe his words......

Moderator's note - Post 107 deleted, Bir ji, because it was a duplicate of this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2007
What a shame. Such a beautiful topic/thread on Gurbani Vichaar and what do we do - reduce it to silly squable.

heres a smiley showing my reaction. :(

Surinder bhenji, please keep up the good work.

agreed 100%.

i'd like to request that sikh80 please stop with the thinly veiled insults and keep to the topic.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all and Surinder Jee!

Quote "Bhai Gurdas Ji: I am ready to be cut into four pieces for him who accepts Guru and God as one."
In my view, this translation cannot be correct.
This would explain that they did not cut Bhai Gurdas Jee into four pieces because nobody accepted Guru and God as one.
Please read the available translations carefully before trusting and quoting those on Internet.

Balbir Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Exactly 12 hours after I logged off this morning, I am reading this thread and wondering whether there is a full moon tonight. :confused: So everyone, what has been going on today?

Before I forget my manners. Hi! Kaur-1 bhenji!!! And, Yes! What is being said about Surinder ji? Because no one told me. No wonder here either. Let's not sweat the small stuff. Everyone's fonts look great.

It would be a comfort for members,who look forward to a sturdy, serious discussion of Guru and God, if the thread were to return to the topic. And maybe even, if luck holds up, from the perspective of Gurmat. Those discussions are usually really good.

Just my opinion :}{}{}:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Hey MODERATOR MANDLI JI,

I repeat myself:

Originally Posted by Sikh 80
They told me something about youeself. Have'nt you recd.?

OK moderators " WHAT HAVE YOU TOLD SIKH 80 ABOUT ME???????":)

he he

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip ji

What you point out is always a slender distinction in many world religions that say that God is Within Us. This idea will be turned around by some to say: God is Within Us; We are Within God; therefore, we are God. Which in the end leads to a kind of pantheism. The immanence and transcendence of God are erased. Next comes the argument that if we are God then there is more than one god. Proceeding to a kind of free-form polytheism. So I don't take your question lightly. It needs to be asked.

A drop of water falls into an ocean it becomes part of the ocean, but can it say it is the ocean?

I think a modern day way of looking at the concept of God is much like "The Force" >>> Star Waars fame ;):D

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Bani is our Dhan Dhan Guru Ji Sache Paatshah. And Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Amar Das Ji Sache Paatshah De Paavan Bachan(Stamp of this truth that Guru is same as Parmatma)panna #515

vwhu vwhu bwxI inrMkwr hY iqsu jyvfu Avru n koie ]
vaahu vaahu banee nirankaar hai tis jayvad avar na ko-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is.

vwhu vwhu Agm AQwhu hY vwhu vwhu scw soie ]
vaahu vaahu agam athaahu hai vaahu vaahu sachaa so-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! The Lord is unfathomable and inaccessible. Waaho! Waaho! He is the True One.
vwhu vwhu vyprvwhu hY vwhu vwhu kry su hoie ]
vaahu vaahu vayparvaahu hai vaahu vaahu karay so ho-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! He is the self-existent Lord. Waaho! Waaho! As He wills, so it comes to pass.
vwhu vwhu AMimRq nwmu hY gurmuiK pwvY koie ]
vaahu vaahu amrit naam hai gurmukh paavai ko-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! is the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtained by the Gurmukh.
vwhu vwhu krmI
pweIAY Awip dieAw kir dyie ]
vaahu vaahu karmee paa-ee-ai aap da-i-aa kar day-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! This is realized by His Grace, as He Himself grants His Grace.
nwnk vwhu vwhu gurmuiK pweIAY Anidnu nwmu leyie ]1]
naanak vaahu vaahu gurmukh paa-ee-ai an-din naam la-ay-ay. ||1||
O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! This is obtained by the Gurmukhs, who hold tight to the Naam, night and day. ||1||

humbly say

:wah::wah::wah:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bani is our Dhan Dhan Guru Ji Sache Paatshah. And Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Amar Das Ji Sache Paatshah De Paavan Bachan(Stamp of this truth that Guru is same as Parmatma)panna #515

vwhu vwhu bwxI inrMkwr hY iqsu jyvfu Avru n koie ]
vaahu vaahu banee nirankaar hai tis jayvad avar na ko-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is.

vwhu vwhu Agm AQwhu hY vwhu vwhu scw soie ]
vaahu vaahu agam athaahu hai vaahu vaahu sachaa so-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! The Lord is unfathomable and inaccessible. Waaho! Waaho! He is the True One.
vwhu vwhu vyprvwhu hY vwhu vwhu kry su hoie ]
vaahu vaahu vayparvaahu hai vaahu vaahu karay so ho-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! He is the self-existent Lord. Waaho! Waaho! As He wills, so it comes to pass.
vwhu vwhu AMimRq nwmu hY gurmuiK pwvY koie ]
vaahu vaahu amrit naam hai gurmukh paavai ko-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! is the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtained by the Gurmukh.
vwhu vwhu krmI
pweIAY Awip dieAw kir dyie ]
vaahu vaahu karmee paa-ee-ai aap da-i-aa kar day-ay.
Waaho! Waaho! This is realized by His Grace, as He Himself grants His Grace.
nwnk vwhu vwhu gurmuiK pweIAY Anidnu nwmu leyie ]1]
naanak vaahu vaahu gurmukh paa-ee-ai an-din naam la-ay-ay. ||1||
O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! This is obtained by the Gurmukhs, who hold tight to the Naam, night and day. ||1||

humbly say

:wah::wah::wah:
That does not prove that our Gurus are God in a special sense. Keep trying...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
A drop of water falls into an ocean it becomes part of the ocean, but can it say it is the ocean?

I think a modern day way of looking at the concept of God is much like "The Force" >>> Star Waars fame ;):D
Agreed! Nanak was just a drop in the infinite ocean we call God. He wasn't the ocean himself.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Veer Bhagat Ji I can see waht is going on at SPN.

SIKH 80 is the ADMIN

Bhagat Singh and Balbir are the Admin's ADVOCATES................

Wah Ji Wah..............

Aman Ji sohni dukaan chalaa rahe ho .............

Jithay Namjap varge tuhade pehredaar ne................

WOW
OMG you are a How you say... A BRAHM GYANI :wah:

hahaha:rofl!!:

What are u talking about?? I ask you simple questions and get weird riddles for replies! When I ask you to prove sumtin you quote Gurbani, which has nothing to do with the issue.

I am no ones advocate! Maybe you are someone's advocate...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Oh so Gurbani irritates Bhagat Singh

Good very well- this proves i am talking to a FAKE BABA FOLLOWER or may be a FAKE BABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... he he

thanks for revealing your identity
Gurbani doesn't irritate me, but where it is used meaninglessly DOES! IF this means i am a fake baba follower than sure. But stop calling Guru NANAK a fake BABA!
And STOP insulting people! If u r a Sikh. :down:

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dhan Dhan Guru Sahibaan are saying that Guru Is God and God is Guru............

and for me neech Guru Is Always Right.........

Slandrer of Guru is that Who insults Guru Ji by not believing What Guru Ji is saying

Waheguru Rakha

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM