Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

GurFateh From UnstoppableSingh

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by UnstoppableSingh, Apr 8, 2005.

1. UnstoppableSingh

UnstoppableSingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Well lets see...... i stumbled on this site by accident. (someones link redirected me here).

I'm 24 from Canada. Born and Raised. Own my own business (well more like took over from my father). Avid reader. I basically hate all sects within Sikhism (now it might sound like i'm crude but i'm not joking). I see it as the Anti-Sikhi thing when one says i'm AKJ or Nihung or Akali or Taksali or Namdhari and so on.

I'm amritdhari. I took amrit while i was in high school. Most of my reading is the works of Bhai Vir Singh Ji and Bhai Sahib Singh Ji. Also recently reading some works of Bhai Suran Singh Ji. Other then those 3 scholars i find most work tainted in view as the book progresses.

In my life i've met many of the great Sikhs of recent Sikh history. Greatest relationship i have now is with Inderjit Singh Brar. Shaheed Baba Jarnail Singh Ji's younger son. He lives not far from my house so i get to hear of great events from a personal level which i truly appreciate.

I went to India for the first time in my life in 2002. An amazing 5 weeks. So glad i stayed in Anandpur Sahib for 2 week and went to Hemkunt Sahib as well. Possibly the best trip in my life.

If i think of anything else to add i'll add it later.

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

Jagneet Singh

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Letter From Australia by Gurfateh Phil Singh New to Sikhism Jan 20, 2010

3. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Welcome, Jagneet Ji, we are so glad to see you here on SPN. Hope to learn and discuss on various issues and evolve.

Have a nice time and enjoy !!

Best Regards
    Aman Singh

4. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Welcome Jagneet veer,

It is our pleasure to have you around. Looking forward to your active participation in the forums.

Regards, Arvind.

5. drkhalsa

drkhalsa
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Dear brothers I agree with you on this issue and i feel the same . It seems Akal purakh has lot of grace on you
    you are most welcome on this disscusion group and hope to learn something from you

I am 24 year old basically fro m punjab but now working in UK and I also have quite a good interest in reading but still I have read very few things related to gurmat and I hope while you are here I will get a push and direction in this interest

Jatinder Singh

6. UnstoppableSingh

UnstoppableSingh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Time is always an issue. I know cause for several years i only slept like 3-4 hours a day. Work, School, Family and friends took a lot of time. And especially my time i set aside for Sikhi (Nitnem, Simran, Vichar, and Seva). We all need to work time management i sat down with one of my professors at college and she really helped my setup my lifestyle 1000 times better then what i was doing.

Now i average 6-7 hours of sleep and still live my old lifestyle just better organized.