• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Guaranteed Protection From Hell ?

Nov 28, 2006
Since hell is such long & extreme suffering, what can I do in order to achieve an absolutely 100% certain guarantee that I'll never go to hell ?

I believe that seeking protection hell is infinitely more important than any other activities or pursuits, therefore we must spend every single minute & second of our lives behaving in an "optimal" manner to keep increasing [and hopefully finally arriving at a 'guarantee'] the probability of NOT going to hell. It is absolutely essential to figure out what 'optimal' behaviour really is, and how to implement into life without any mistakes.

Thank you.

----------------------------------------

Oct 15, 2006
Since hell is such long & extreme suffering, what can I do in order to achieve an absolutely 100% certain guarantee that I'll never go to hell ?

I believe that seeking protection hell is infinitely more important than any other activities or pursuits, therefore we must spend every single minute & second of our lives behaving in an "optimal" manner to keep increasing [and hopefully finally arriving at a 'guarantee'] the probability of NOT going to hell. It is absolutely essential to figure out what 'optimal' behaviour really is, and how to implement into life without any mistakes.

Thank you.

To answer this question of yours that you have also sent in private messages to many other people on the SPN forum. I request you to answer some of my questions,

1. Have you seen hell?
2. Do you know its address?
3. Do you know how long we can live there?
4. Who is the landlord of hell?
5. Is there any lease contract? Can one break the lease?
6. What are the hardships in hell that you are talking about? Do you carry your body there?

...please answer these and we can proceed from here.

-Akashdeep

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
Depends on your religion or beliefs, not everyone believes in Hell
I have the impression people from many organized religions had bargains and deals going on with God in which they lessened their time in Hell,i heard in some places giving money, lighting candles etc etc helps reduce your time in Hell.

How do you see God? Is God a angry, jealous, wrathful God who grants heaven to some and hell to others? What rule of thumb would God base his/her judgement upon? Or does God have unconditional love for all his children? Does God bear no grudges and knows no anger?

I would advise you to firstly decide what your vision of God is and then address this question of whether Satan exists- which is inextricably linked to Hell- is there someone out of God's control out there? is God not powerful enough to stop people being led on by this "satan" or has God simply placed his children on Earth, (as we do to our children in the garden), knowing they are safe whatever games they are playing- having no preference in the matter and knowing they will all return to him?

To me, hell does not exist in the sense that there is this certain place where people are sent and burned in everlasting fires and recieve God's damnation, when we die we choose what we wish to experience next, and if we choose Hell, it will not harm us but it will be us making it all up, ready to leave when we wish to the next experience. A wonderful film "What dreams may come" portrays this vision of the after life.

If you are a buddhist then i strongly suggest you follow the steps to nirvana and to enlightenment, but whatever path you follow, follow it from your heart...as long as its right for you :)

Nov 19, 2006
Isn't life bad enough? I guess one needs to be able to escape the evils of the world first and then think beyond.... Only those who've done many wrongs will need to be afraid of hell.. or if there is even such.. but if you live life and do right according to humanity.. u should not have anything to worry about.. just as one would say.. if u never lie u will have nothing you need to remember.

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
In your opinion then, where do those who believe in Hell go? If there really is one God where do those who lead their lives hoping to avoid hell go? And where do those who "sin", those who are meant to go to Hell (eg criminals, murderers) - what happens to them? :rofl:

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

Gurbaanee says
"nannaa narak pareh tay naahee. jaa kai man tan naam basaahee." SGGS Ang 257-18
Nanna: They do not fall into hell, in whose mind and body Naam resides.

Balbir Singh

Nov 19, 2006
In your opinion then, where do those who believe in Hell go? If there really is one God where do those who lead their lives hoping to avoid hell go? And where do those who "sin", those who are meant to go to Hell (eg criminals, murderers) - what happens to them? :rofl:

I don't know if you were asking me this... but I don't really believe in hell, i mean i feel whatever God has in store for us is beyond our comprehension. We as humans can only think so far... and since we (sikhs) believe in reincarnation.. one would argue that the world itself can be hell... not everyone is freed from it. But then again like you said it depends on ones religion and beliefs and lets not forget "VIEWS"... it's like looking at two sides of a coin.. what you see is different from what i see.. not only that but what i'm writing.. you will read it and think something.. whereas someone else will analyze it in a completely different way.

chk1

SPNer
Nov 25, 2006
You are completely right, my perception is different from yours, and others, which is why it is easier to find what is best for yourself. Although there i no such place as "hell" in sikhism, it could be argued that reincarnation itself is "hell", the long, lengthy, arduous process of reaching God and Mukthi, which is why it is said this life is the one you have to reach God, otherwise you're stuck in that cycle again...

Either way keeping our minds focused on the Supreme being, the Divine will see us through this life, to the next adventure, whatever it may be and will bring us closer, if not, with Waheguru himself.:)

Oct 15, 2006
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all!

Gurbaanee says
"nannaa narak pareh tay naahee. jaa kai man tan naam basaahee." SGGS Ang 257-18
Nanna: They do not fall into hell, in whose mind and body Naam resides.
Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh ji,

Thanks for highlighting the words from Gurbani related to this topic. But the meaning that the general English reader will get out of the lines typed above will be wrong.

Yours truly feels that direct word to word mapping from Gurmukhi to English without thorough understanding of the context in which the words in Gurbani have been spoken might lead to a wrong understanding of Gurbani and give a wrong message. I feel, that to truly understand the meaning of something said by anybody in this world, it is very important to understand in what situation those words were spoken i.e. also to understand the socio-economic background of the people to whom the words were spoken.

Here is the vayakhaya in a broader context.

ਸਲੋਕੁਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪੁ ਜਪਿਆ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਉਪਦੇਸਿਆ ਨਰਕੁ ਨਾਹਿ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਪਉੜੀਨੰਨਾ ਨਰਕਿ ਪਰਹਿ ਤੇ ਨਾਹੀਜਾਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਬਸਾਹੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜੋ ਜਪਤੇ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਹਿ ਨਾ ਓਇ ਖਪਤੇ ਨੰਨਾਕਾਰੁ ਹੋਤਾ ਤਾ ਕਹੁਨਾਮੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਨੋ ਜਾ ਕਹੁ ਨਿਧਿ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਹਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪੂਰੇ ਤਹ ਬਾਜੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਨਹਦ ਤੂਰੇ ੩੬{ਪੰਨਾ257}

pdArQ:- nwmu nwmu—pRBU dw nwm hI nwm [ AMqir bwhir—AMdr bwhr, kMm kwj kridAW, hr vyly [ rMig—ipAwr ivc [ guir—gurU ƒ [ aupdyisAw—nyVy ivKw id`qw [ nrku—du`K-klyS [1[
pauVI:- nrik—nrk ivc, Gor du`K ivc [ qy—auh bMdy [ prih—pYNdy [ inDwnu—(sB guxW dw) ^zwnw [ ibKu—ivhu, zhr, mOq dw mUl [ nµnwkwru—nwh, ienkwr, rukwvt [ mMqRü—aupdyS [ jw khu—ijnHW ƒ [ iniD—^zwnw [ inDwn—^zwny [ pUry—Bry hoey [ qh—auQy, aus ihrdy ivc [ bwjy—v`jdy hn [ Anhd—{hn`to strike, cot lwxI, iksy swj ƒ auNglW nwl vjwxw} ibnw vjwey, iek-rs [ qUry—vwjy [36[
ArQ:- hy nwnk! ijnHW bMidAW ny kMm-kwr kridAW ipAwr nwl pRBU dw nwm hI nwm jipAw hY (iksy vyly ivswirAw nhIN) auhnW ƒ pUry gurU ny prmwqmw Awpxy nyVy ivKw id`qw hY, gurU dI sMgiq ivc rih ky auhnW ƒ Gor du`K nhIN poNhdw [1[
pauVI:- ijnHW dy mn ivc qn ivc pRBU dw nwm v`isAw rihMdw hY, auh Gor du`KW dy toey ivc nhIN pYNdy [ jyhVy bMdy gurU dI rwhIN pRBU-nwm ƒ sB pdwrQW dw ^zwnw jwx ky jpdy hn, auh (iPr) Awqmk mOqy mwrn vwlI mwieAw (dy moh) ivc (dOV-Bj krdy) nhIN Kpdy [ ijnHW ƒ gurU ny nwm-mMqR dy id`qw, auhnW dy jIvn-s&r ivc (mwieAw) koeI rok nhIN pw skdI [
hy nwnk! jyhVy ihrdy sB guxW dy ^zwny hrI-nwm AMimRq nwl Bry rihMdy hn, auhnW dy AMdr iek AYsw Awnµd bixAw rihMdw hY ijvyN iek-rs sB iksmW dy vwjy imlvIN sur ivc v`j rhy hox [36[

English Translation (result of my 2 –cents of understanding the Punjabi meanings above keeping in mind the context these lines would have been said)

"O Nanak! Those who have remembered Almighty even while doing their daily duties/resonsibilites and have never forgotten him, they have been kept close to the heart by the Almighty himself. Due to the nearness to the Almighty they remain away from deep sorrow (Narak is used in the context of deep sorrow)
Whose body and soul are filled with the remembrance of Almighty, he does not fall into the pit of deep sorrow (Narak is used in the context of deep sorrow and not some place where you will go after death) . Those people do not fall into the concience killing fight and run for wordly and materailistic pleasures who consider the Guru Naam (the knowledge from the Guru) as the treasure of all materials and always read and remember it. Those who have been blessed with the knowledge by the Guru, the progress of their life can never be hurdled by the materialistic desires and pleasures
O Nanak! There is so deep pleasure felt in those minds and souls who are always filled with the great treasure of Gurus Knowledge that it feels like all types of harmonies are being played by all kinds of musical instruments in tandom."

.............( the translation ends here.)

Sat Shri Akaal,
-Akashdeep

Nov 4, 2005
SSA

To have an absolute guarantee not to go in hell is quite simple.
Be ethical, you do not have to believe in ANY relegion.

1)Dont tell lies
2)Dont hurt anyone..
3)Be kind to all, as see is in God in all
4)Never critisize anyone
5)Beside your spouse, treat ALL as your sisters & brothers
6)try to control the 5 vices, Kaam, Krodh. Lobh. Moh Ahankar
7)Do self less seva
8)Give to the NEEDY

If you can achieve these morals, you are guarantted not to untail any sufferring...

If you would like to pursue the second step, by one with God, the prerequisite mentioned above has to be there, and then follow sikhy with 100% conviction.

If you keep on doing path, be a Amrithdari sikh, but do not fulfill the first prequisite ethical moral values, you will not have much gain with all the path you do.. How can God accept you when you hurt him by hurting other humans, and at night do path, to "try" to make him happy ?? You can only make God happy by being kind to others..

First become a proper "human". by having excellent ethical moral values.
Then do path, with 100% faith.

You will be guranteed to merge with God ( and aim of not going to hell, will be irrelevant!)

SSA

Prithipal

Nov 16, 2007
There is no Hell. It is a blackmailing tool devised by some religions like islam and christianity for sure and maybe hinduism and buddhism.
But everybody has to face the actions taken by him one day. So even though there is no hell, still be prepared to cut whatever you sow.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom

Thank you.

Sikhism does not belive in an actual place Hell.

Hell as a metaphor is dwelling in Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh , and Hankaar.

Page 70 Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ सिरीरागु महला ५ ॥
Sirīrāg mehlā 5.Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:
ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮੁਸਕਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਬਣੈ ਢੋਈ ਕੋਇ ਦੇਇ जा कउ मुसकलु अति बणै ढोई कोइ न देइ ॥
Jā ka*o muskal aṯ baṇai dẖo*ī ko*ė na ḏė*ė.
When you are confronted with terrible hardships, and no one offers you any support,

ਲਾਗੂ ਹੋਏ ਦੁਸਮਨਾ ਸਾਕ ਭਿ ਭਜਿ ਖਲੇ
लागू होए दुसमना साक भि भजि खले ॥
Lāgū ho*ė ḏusmanā sāk bẖe bẖaj kẖalė.

when your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you,

ਸਭੋ ਭਜੈ ਆਸਰਾ ਚੁਕੈ ਸਭੁ ਅਸਰਾਉ
सभो भजै आसरा चुकै सभु असराउ ॥
Sabẖo bẖajai āsrā cẖukai sabẖ asrā*o.
and when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਲਗੈ ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ॥੧॥

चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु लगै न तती वाउ ॥१॥
Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm lagai na ṯaṯī vā*o.
||1||
if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God,even the hot wind shall not touch you. ||1||

ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਨਿਤਾਣਿਆ ਕਾ ਤਾਣੁ साहिबु निताणिआ का ताणु ॥Sāhib niṯāṇi*ā kā ṯāṇ.Our Lord and Master is the Power of the powerless.

ਆਇ ਜਾਈ ਥਿਰੁ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
आइ न जाई थिरु सदा गुर सबदी सचु जाणु ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥Ā*ė na jā*ī thir saḏā gur sabḏī sacẖ jāṇ. ||1|| rahā*o.He does not come or go; He is Eternal and Permanent. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is known as True. ||1||Pause||

ਜੇ ਕੋ ਹੋਵੈ ਦੁਬਲਾ ਨੰਗ ਭੁਖ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ जे को होवै दुबला नंग भुख की पीर ॥Jė ko hovai ḏublā nang bẖukẖ kī pīr.If you are weakened by the pains of hunger and poverty,

ਦਮੜਾ ਪਲੈ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਧੀਰ दमड़ा पलै ना पवै ना को देवै धीर ॥Ḏamṛā palai nā pavai nā ko ḏėvai ḏẖīr.with no money in your pockets, and no one will give you any comfort,

ਸੁਆਰਥੁ ਸੁਆਉ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਾਜੁ सुआरथु सुआउ न को करे ना किछु होवै काजु ॥Su*ārath su*ā*o na ko karė nā kicẖẖ hovai kāj.and no one will satisfy your hopes and desires, and none of your works is accomplished -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਰਾਜੁ ॥੨॥
चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु ता निहचलु होवै राजु ॥२॥Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm ṯā nihcẖal hovai rāj. ||2||if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, you shall obtain the eternal kingdom. ||2||

ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਰੋਗੁ जा कउ चिंता बहुतु बहुतु देही विआपै रोगु ॥Jā ka*o cẖinṯā bahuṯ bahuṯ ḏėhī vi*āpai rog.When you are plagued by great and excessive anxiety, and diseases of the body;

ਗ੍ਰਿਸਤਿ ਕੁਟੰਬਿ ਪਲੇਟਿਆ ਕਦੇ ਹਰਖੁ ਕਦੇ ਸੋਗੁ
ग्रिसति कुट्मबि पलेटिआ कदे हरखु कदे सोगु ॥Garisaṯ kutamb palėti*ā kaḏė harakẖ kaḏė sog.when you are wrapped up in the attachments of household and family, sometimes feeling joy, and then other times sorrow;

ਗਉਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਟ ਕਾ ਘੜੀ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਸੋਇ
गउणु करे चहु कुंट का घड़ी न बैसणु सोइ ॥Ga*oṇ karė cẖahu kunt kā gẖaṛī na baisaṇ so*ė.when you are wandering around in all four directions, and you cannot sit or sleep even for a moment -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु तनु मनु सीतलु होइ ॥३॥Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm ṯan man sīṯal ho*ė. ||3||if you come to remember the Supreme Lord God, then your body and mind shall be cooled and soothed. ||3||

ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ कामि करोधि मोहि वसि कीआ किरपन लोभि पिआरु ॥Kām karoḏẖ mohi vas kī*ā kirpan lobẖ pi*ār.When you are under the power of sexual desire, anger and worldly attachment, or a greedy miser in love with your wealth;

ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ
चारे किलविख उनि अघ कीए होआ असुर संघारु ॥Cẖārė kilvikẖ un agẖ kī*ė ho*ā asur sangẖār.if you have committed the four great sins and other mistakes; even if you are a murderous fiend

ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ
पोथी गीत कवित किछु कदे न करनि धरिआ ॥Pothī gīṯ kaviṯ kicẖẖ kaḏė na karan ḏẖari*ā.who has never taken the time to listen to sacred books, hymns and poetry -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥੪॥चिति आवै ओसु पारब्रहमु ता निमख सिमरत तरिआ ॥४॥Cẖiṯ āvai os pārbarahm ṯā nimakẖ simraṯ ṯari*ā. ||4||if you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, and contemplate Him, even for a moment, you shall be saved. ||4||

ਸਾਸਤ ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ ਚਾਰਿ ਮੁਖਾਗਰ ਬਿਚਰੇ
सासत सिम्रिति बेद चारि मुखागर बिचरे ॥Sāsaṯ simriṯ bėḏ cẖār mukẖāgar bicẖrė.People may recite by heart the Shaastras, the Simritees and the four Vedas;

ਤਪੇ ਤਪੀਸਰ ਜੋਗੀਆ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਗਵਨੁ ਕਰੇ
तपे तपीसर जोगीआ तीरथि गवनु करे ॥Ŧapė ṯapīsar jogī*ā ṯirath gavan karė.they may be ascetics, great, self-disciplined Yogis; they may visit sacred shrines of pilgrimage

ਖਟੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਤੇ ਦੁਗੁਣੇ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਤਾ ਨਾਇ
खटु करमा ते दुगुणे पूजा करता नाइ ॥Kẖat karmā ṯė ḏuguṇai pūjā karṯā nā*ė.and perform the six ceremonial rituals, over and over again, performing worship services and ritual bathings.

ਰੰਗੁ ਲਗੀ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਤਾ ਸਰਪਰ ਨਰਕੇ ਜਾਇ ॥੫॥
रंगु न लगी पारब्रहम ता सरपर नरके जाइ ॥५॥Rang na lagī pārbarahm ṯā sarpar narkė jā*ė. ||5||Even so, if they have not embraced love for the Supreme Lord God, then they shall surely go to hell. ||5||

ਰਾਜ ਮਿਲਕ ਸਿਕਦਾਰੀਆ ਰਸ ਭੋਗਣ ਬਿਸਥਾਰ
राज मिलक सिकदारीआ रस भोगण बिसथार ॥Rāj milak sikḏārī*ā ras bẖogaṇ bisthār.You may possess empires, vast estates, authority over others, and the enjoyment of myriad of pleasures; ਬਾਗ ਸੁਹਾਵੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਚਲੈ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਅਫਾਰ बाग सुहावे सोहणे चलै हुकमु अफार ॥Bāg suhāvė sohṇė cẖalai hukam afār.you may have delightful and beautiful gardens, and issue unquestioned commands; ਰੰਗ ਤਮਾਸੇ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧੀ ਚਾਇ ਲਗਿ ਰਹਿਆ रंग तमासे बहु बिधी चाइ लगि रहिआ ॥Rang ṯamāsė baho biḏẖī cẖā*ė lag rahi*ā.you may have enjoyments and entertainments of all sorts and kinds, and continue to enjoy exciting pleasures -

ਚਿਤਿ ਆਇਓ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਸਰਪ ਕੀ ਜੂਨਿ ਗਇਆ ॥੬॥चिति न आइओ पारब्रहमु ता सरप की जूनि गइआ ॥६॥Cẖiṯ na ā*i*o pārbarahm ṯā sarap kī jūn ga*i*ā. ||6||and yet, if you do not come to remember the Supreme Lord God, you shall be reincarnated as a snake. ||6|| ਬਹੁਤੁ ਧਨਾਢਿ ਅਚਾਰਵੰਤੁ ਸੋਭਾ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਰੀਤਿ बहुतु धनाढि अचारवंतु सोभा निरमल रीति ॥Bahuṯ ḏẖanādẖ acẖārvanṯ sobẖā nirmal rīṯ.You may possess vast riches, maintain virtuous conduct, have a spotless reputation and observe religious customs;

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਸੁਤ ਭਾਈਆ ਸਾਜਨ ਸੰਗਿ ਪਰੀਤਿ
मात पिता सुत भाईआ साजन संगि परीति ॥Māṯ piṯā suṯ bẖā*ī*ā sājan sang parīṯ.you may have the loving affections of mother, father, children, siblings and friends;

ਲਸਕਰ ਤਰਕਸਬੰਦ ਬੰਦ ਜੀਉ ਜੀਉ ਸਗਲੀ ਕੀਤ
लसकर तरकसबंद बंद जीउ जीउ सगली कीत ॥Laskar ṯarkasbanḏ banḏ jī*o jī*o saglī kīṯ.you may have armies well-equipped with weapons, and all may salute you with respect;

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Thank you.

NOn existence ji,

Taking the first post of yours, you have stated that seeking protection against the going to hell is the pious objective of the mankind. May be it is true for some individual only. It is not even accepted by Hinduism. It is against the ehtics as stated in Geeta.

It also tells us that we should ultimately get liberation and be with the One with Brahman[Parmataman]

No hindu would worship god/godess for this purpose. But the prayer would be made to see one thru. this world and lead one to meet the lord.

In my humble opinion the objective is to realize the God/the Creator and not be afraid of hell or heaven which any one will get anyway if it is pre-destined as per karmic reactions.I think if one spends present in heavenly like experience in the present life one can avoid the hell afterwards.
So one should do all acts that fall in the nature of divinity from today itself to get irrevocable undertaking from the God that He shall not send you to hell .

If HE still sends to the hell, we should accept with grace that it is HIS will and we should make compromises with our intellect so that the process is not very painful. I am told that one gets training in hell as to how to get out of hell. After this training one comes back to the earth again and the story starts again. So you see it is big circle and one does not lose anything by going to Hell.

Do all that you can do as suggested in above posts and enjoy the present and do all that you can do as a selfless service to all who are created by GOD.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM