• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gone Again!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ok, I am now getting the hang of this connection lark, the truth is, it needs work, I had hoped one could go about ones daily life, do the best you can, and act in accordance with Sikhi, and you would just be connected, maybe that works for some people, maybe , but it does not work for me, the connection takes work, when I work at it, I am connected, when I do not work at at, I am not, The only way I seem to be able to confirm the connection is reading, understanding Bani. Implementing is good, but I find it does not give the connection, it more uhmm affirms it, validates it, but the more I read bani, the more balanced I seem to feel.

A few days ago, I started at the start of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, as I have two screens, I could read both english translations side by side, which was very enlightening, Bani, I think is very personal, some of Dr Sant Singh Khalsa's translations really hit the spot, other times its Bhai Manmohan Singh that does it for me, but between the two, and my limited knowledge of punjabi, I seem to do ok, whats important is the connection, living it is easy really, be honest, brave, truthful in all your dealings, and you soon find your problems getting less and less, but of course there is far more to being a sikh than just being brave and honest, there is the feeling that you are learning new things, new things that you need to know, so many facets are covered in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, sociology, psychology, science, it talks of planets ,galaxies,

I am indeed happy that I am a Sikh, as the year comes to an end, and also, I have been on this forum for nearly a year, I think I will start looking at a daily routine, something which I have never had before in 42 years, a time to get up, bathe, study, drink tea, go to work, do work, come home, spend time with the dogs, wife,make dinner, eat, housework then bed, at the present, I go to work when I awake, which could be 4am, 7am, 8am, but never later than 8. I eat when I am hungry, I study bani when I am unconnected, I change clothes when my wife hides them, although I have had 3 heart attacks, I eat and drink what I want, uhmm, yes, some order, I would like that

So this week, I am going to try and change my life a bit, implement a bit of order, spend an hour a day at amrit vela studying bani, eat well, I will start tomorrow, I will record my thoughts after my bani study here

Right, first things first, lots of things to be shipped today, and the shop looks like a bombs hit it!, my body is screaming for chocolate and energy drinks, I will have to find substitutes for those, maybe tomorrow I will try sparkling water and fruit.

I have decided to do my morning bani study at the shop, I should get in here for 5am really, its a wonderful time, quiet, peaceful,

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM