• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Golden Temple To Use Phone Jammers

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Rory Ji and kds Ji..
I accept both your points. I am just "arguing" for the sake of arguing..he he..I already wrote that I for one wont ever hand over my phone to anyone for keeping.."safe" or unsafe he he..Thats the reason i came back from the gate of the Beas dera where i was specially invited..in fact driven from Delhi International Airport by special limo....BUT at the Gate the security said NO PHONES..everyone has to Jamma that is deposit it at the gate...I said NO WAY..no Baba or Guru is more valuable than my then Iphone 3...They said the Limo is NOT taking me back..(blackmail)..my reply..i dont stand for such blackmail either..I will stay out and call for a cab..which i did....Si No way this should be implemented in harmandar sahib..just jam them !!

As a matter of Interest our Govt and Special branch also jammed phones during demonstrations..just too many embarassing pics of police brutality get psoted and so difficult for the govt to explain it away..so they Jamm phoens ha haa..thats what got me thinking about why makar wants to jam..SAME DICTATORIAL REASON as mY GOVT.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I got to Gurdwara early than usual one morning for Japji Sahib, and at that time when there is only a handful of people they don't have a sevadar running the projector so I took my phone with Dhur Ki Bani app on it to read along. Part way through the secretary of the Gurdwara came up to say something to me (can't remember what it was) but I think she might have been checking I wasn't sitting in Darbar Sahib sending text messages or something!

What are your thoughts on children using Nintendo DS's, ipods/iphones for playing games in Darbar Sahib? Personally I prefer that to when children come in with toy cars. VVRROOOM!!!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Coming to Gurudwara with a phone is like Guru Sahib I would like to spend time with you, but if I get a call, I have to run back to Moh Maya :D

related:....Ha ha..I go to Gurdwara with an empty pocket..never matha tekked a cent in my life...not even in India where currency conversion makes me an instant millionaire...and thats to tell GURU JI..I ma BROKE...please FILL my POCKETS GURU JI...and u know what...my pockets are always filled to overflowing....never short and never in need and never OUT !!

Also I Never carry my Mobile with me ( almost everyone ahs told me this defeats the purpose of a mobile phone !!) except when I overseas trip..then i feel very very akward lugging around that dead weight..but have got no choice because India got no public phones...so In Gurdwara i dont afce that problem kanwaljit ji...FULL attention to Guru Ji..ha ha

itsmaneet

SPNer
Jun 13, 2012
Nagpur, India
I have seen phones make my life worse. I cling to them like anything. And with data plans, you could waste hours. When I am waiting for bus, rather than do some Naam Japna, I check email. I will try being without mobile phone once I get a job, see how it goes.
Ok....you can leave your mobile back home....what about your heart ??? If 100's of thoughts, worries come .. will u gonna leave your heart as well ??

One must learn to be dipped in Waheguru being in the present atmosphere .... just my views ...

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
What are your thoughts on children using Nintendo DS's, ipods/iphones for playing games in Darbar Sahib? Personally I prefer that to when children come in with toy cars. VVRROOOM!!!
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=168175
Saw this a lot in Church when I used to go! Funny to think it is the same in the Gurudwara. Again I suppose though it may be distracting, it's sort of nice to see little kids playing with toys - it's kind of calming to see someone who is too young and innocent yet to care very much about eucharists or consecrations, first readings or gurbani!

I have seen phones make my life worse. I cling to them like anything. And with data plans, you could waste hours. When I am waiting for bus, rather than do some Naam Japna, I check email. I will try being without mobile phone once I get a job, see how it goes.
Solution - find the cheapest phone you can. Go into a second hand-store or look online. I'm kind of glad I own a mobile phone from 2001! The only thing I can do with it is call and text. Besides that there are no distractions. :)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Kanwaljit Ji..we Forget that Naam jaapnna is actually LIVING GURBANI....and SEEING HIM IN ALL.
When I go out..even for a walk or jog..there are so many ways of SEEING HIM IN ALL...a smile at another passer by..a little help to someone carrying a heavy bag..food for the stray dog..cat..give the seat to someone to sit...etc etc etc..ALL this is NAAM JAPPNNA.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
So people are so adicted to the latest tech toys now they cant do without them sorry but you CAN do without the phone for a couple of hours its easy as most phones nowadays have an indication that you have missed calls calls and who it was so once you have finshed as required in the Gurdwara {or wherever} you simply check the missed calls or texrts afterwards and deal with them as required, Its not rocket science PS how did these people ever live before mobile phones were invented ??? also you could be pushing the boundries on a few inportant Sikh rules and regulations if you are more worried about whats going on with your phone rather than whats going on in the Gurdwara etc. This Sikh has plenty of times not just when he is in the Gurdwara but watching TV, listening to music, reading taking the dog for a walk, etc PS also get catch in the UK while driving its a fine and penalty points on your licence think as you are in court and the traffic cop is saying to the judge the reason he crashed is because he was on the phone at the time of the crash. Nope this Sikh finds that at times its deffo good to turn the phone of or ignore it it and not just in a Gurdwara

:happysingh:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Why is it acceptable to worry whether your phone is switched on in the cinema, but not in the Gurdwara?

is it because people want to go to the cinema, but feel they should go to the Gurdwara?

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Solve the problem, not the symptom. Even if you write on a board 'Turn off your phone as a mark of respect towards your Guru and Sadh Sangat', people will not turn it off. Adding jammers would make Gurudwara the place where phones don't work and people might even stop coming.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
After 16 years of using mobile phones and being one of the 1st customers for Orange UK, I no longer carry this once essential item!!!
It no longer goes where I go, only if I'm not sure when I will be back and the family needs to be aware will I have the cell with me.

In all honesty, my life seems more simple and easy without this burden.
I also no longer wear a watch even though I have a collection of luxury watches worth thousands!!!

Having 'time' NOT dictate your daily life is also a blessing!!!!

It is ALL an advanced version of the illusion called Maya

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes just see how we JUMP instantly when the Phone rings..leaving friends..relatives,...parents hanging in mid air..leaving our food at the table..etc etc...HOW we are CONTROLLED by that BELL !! its Horrible.
A person may be at the door..he doesnt make us JUMP quite as fast...Our Grandparents may be calling from upstairs..we SHOUT..WAIT...wait...BUT no one ver says "WAIT" to a PHONE !! even when 80% calls may be from strangers..random..blank..whatever...

YES its MAYA..and shes in Full control of US...DESTROY IT and take back control.:noticekudi:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
You WANT INSTANT ATTENTION....DIAL HIS/HER PHONE. Even the DOOR will OPEN faster with the Phone Bell than the Door bell !! try it and see.
You will GET MORE INFO out of a person via PHONE than in PERSON at the Door !! Try and see..
You will SELL more by Phone than door to door...very few doors will OPEN when you stand by the door bell...ALL EARS WILL LISTEN to the PHONE and INSTANTLY too..ha hacheerleader

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
Solve the problem, not the symptom. Even if you write on a board 'Turn off your phone as a mark of respect towards your Guru and Sadh Sangat', people will not turn it off. Adding jammers would make Gurudwara the place where phones don't work and people might even stop coming.

It would make one think are such Sikhs more interested in maya/attachment etc than in Sikhi ? There have been many times when this Sikh turns of his phone and not just in the Gurdwara but relaxing or reading, listening to music watching tv and even at work indeed at work there are plenty of places where phones dont work I'm an engineer with London Underground and phones dont work in the tunnels great when testing/fault finding trains and the only comms device i have to worry about is the train radio and when that goes of its railway bussiness its inportant and needs my attention unlike phones in Gurdwaras. Just switich the phone of in the Gurdwara and when you are finshed in the Gurdwara then check the missed calls and text messages and deal with as required its not rocket science

:happysingh:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM