• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Golden Temple In A Management Crisis?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Well I have been to the Golden Temple once. About 8 years ago. Yes it is a fairyland because I could not believe that I am seeing it with physical eyes as most of my life I have been conditioned by beautiful expressions from others. But the real experience out does all descriptions about it. This is one place which I am going to be going back to again, this time alone. I know this time the experience will be different from the first.

Thank you for the tour of devotion. I didn't pay much attention on the upkeep of the temple grounds.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
well Naamjaap ji..not everyone "sees" the same things...
The very first time i went there..I only saw Guru Ramdass Ji.....(Spending nights hungry because he gave away all his chholay-ghungannians free to holy men..) and nearly 40,000 people being FED in His Langgar DAILY !!! DHAN DHAN GURU RAMDASS JI !!!:)
The Second time i went there I saw Guru Arjun Ji Sahib....sitting on the Hot Plate in summer....while hundreds of thousands bask in the cool waters of the Sarovar year in and year out....:yes:

Third time I went...unfortunately i saw what the video shows....pushing and shoving..muttering bad words ( ladies in Kirpans and scarves cursing !!)..mad rush to matha tek..grab the deg as if no tomorrow..and notices advising against accepting deg from strangers in case it is poisonous...!!! poison in Harmandir ?? and whats worse..pickpockets, etc etc as well...:happy:...AND yes i observed the RITUALS....agaisnt Gurbani !!

I hope Fourth time..I ONLY and ONLY "see" Dhan Dhan Guru Ramdass Ji/Guru Arjun Ji sahib....
No more of all such !!!

Gyani jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
its Baba ji and Kaka ji's legacy...enjoy !!

Do you mean Baba Badal and kaka Sukhbir badal ? True..BUT the "legacy" is older...

imho it began with the...

Baba Fateh Singh/Channan Singh entry...and Driver Kaka Singh Days....
Remember baba fateh Singh was so powerful he declared that even my illeterate driver can win a parliamentary seat if i say so...and he proved it by giving a seat to hsi illeterate driver..who became MP kaka singh !!

Those were the days the ROT really began to spread like wild fire....today the solid foundation is gone..everything "floats" on the smuck like the "aakkrree" weed. ( you know that green plant that spreads so thick and fast on water bodies that it almost looks "solid" enough to build on !!! During World war 2 many British Pilots landed their planes on what they thought was GRASS FIELDS..only to realise they landed on a POND full of MUCK..... we are in that situation TODAY !! FLOATING on a solid foundation !! Babas and kakas all in the same boat on the same muck.

Gyani jarnail Singh

Aug 6, 2006
SSA
All the posts very true, very honest. Giyani ji's first post is very touching, cool. But I must say that title of this thread is not all right. Whatever the conditions or whoever is responsible, still "golden temple or golden shame" is not right. Its not the golden temple but the managment who is responsible.
Rude or defaming words with reference to this holy place.........?
I am sure our scholers are capable of providing much better words.
bhul chuk maaf
Roopsidhu

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
SSA to all,

First of all, The name Golden temple isnot the correct Name. It is Harmandir Sahib or Darbar Sahib. Also, Such words "Shame" sense like derogatory remarks to a venerable Place. Please Change the Heading, It sounds insulting.

Management can be a shame but dont associate the word with the Darbar sahib. When you say Darbar Sahib, you are addressing Guru Ramdas. So Mind the word.

Request admin to review the Heading and if needed, please rectify.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
The reason why the thread title is what it is... it is based on the title of the YouTube videos that begin the thread. The title is not a reflection of SPN or of the individual who began the thread, almost 2 years ago.

Your points however are well-taken. If you have an idea for a title that gets to the crux of the problem but is not derogatory in your view, let me know. it is possible to change the title.

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
The reason why the thread title is what it is... it is based on the title of the YouTube videos that begin the thread. The title is not a reflection of SPN or of the individual who began the thread, almost 2 years ago.

Your points however are well-taken. If you have an idea for a title that gets to the crux of the problem but is not derogatory in your view, let me know. it is possible to change the title.

Well NarayanJot Ji,

I am not good at naming things, but it could be anything descriptive, like "Darbar Sahib Management Crisis" ?? This might be as per the feelings of the people, also no pointing of fingers to the Darbar Sahib. And still catchy !! This is what I feel.

If Any other beffiting Heading, you can see !!

I think We should also report to youtube about this. I shall be doing it. and will let u know of any responses.

SSA.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks maskinji - Actually that is a great suggestion. I will fix the title. And thanks for your encouragement that members should lodge a complaint with YouTube.

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
I know that the name issue should not be prolongd too much but still I do not agree with the changed name. My explaination might be wrong also because gramatically I am not so good in english but I feel that:-
When we say A or B we talk about chioce or comparison. Some times the use of or signifys the uncertainity about a particular thing. Saying golden temple OR ........... , is again like doubting golden temple as management crisis, but actually its the management who is to be blaimed not the golden temple. The situation in discussion is the "worst or illorganised or sick "present management" of the golden temple. So in the heading name the imphesises should be on the present management.

As I have said in the begining, the name issue is as worrysome issue as there are many others. This is just the way I felt about the new name.

Roopsidhu

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
roopsidhu ji

I understand your concerns. At the same time, the title needs to describe the content of the videos. The content of the videos is a criticism of how the Darshan Sahib is being run today in contrast to how it was a few years ago.

Let's leave it like this until we can come up with something that satisfies everyone and reflects the point of the videos. Otherwise I am going to be changing it all night.

Keep me posted when you have an alternative title. Thank you

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have asked Mai Harinder Kaur if she would take a look and make some suggestions. She is a professional writer and may have a suggestion that will be acceptable. :)

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
When I was a child, we went to the Golden Temple/Harimandir Sahib/Darbar Sahib every summer. This gurudwara was a piece of heaven in the hell of Amritsar. The last time I went with my nuclear family was in 1969. I was 17. The next summer I was an ecstatically happy married woman with a baby on the way.

Flash forward. A few years later, we three finally made it to India.. My most recent sight of this gurudwara featured body parts floating in a bloody sarovar along with the rotting bodies of dead fish in the early part of the broiling Amritsar summer.

Dear jios here, can we have a little perspective here? Whatever we choose to call it, someone is going to object. I can think of objections to all three names used here. We all know what we are referring to, no one is being disrespectful and the truth is, this place has no official name that I know of. Can we just be grateful that it is there, that whatever we call it and whatever experiences - positive or negative (it's all attitude, Siblings of Destiny) - we have there, it is a spiritual centre of our faith/religion/way of life? IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN DESTROYED!!!

So, dear sisters and brothers, can we just get on with the discussion and not be sidetracked. Whatever we call this gurudwara - how about "The Gurudwara Near The Akal Takht - GuNTAT, for short - its management is poor and it needs cleaning up.

Just a humble suggestion. :blinkingkudi:

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
SSA to all.

What we have in common is that we dont want any word reflecting hint of disrespect associated with our beloved Guru's Abode.

Darbar Sahib is a Lotus, amidst all filthy objects, showing way to eternity. Dont wish to agree or disagree with the title, bt be concerned with the reverence of our Guru, and I know beyond doubt that all of sangat here surely is.

maskinji

SPNer
Mar 24, 2010
Punjab
64nl28.png

I have reported youtube about this. the text sent is as follows:

Hi,
I am a sikh by religion and find the Title offensive to the venerance of the Holy Abode. The Word "Shame" should be amended. It refers to the Golden temple as "***" while it is the admin there which is not up to the mark. It directly points to the Venerable Guru Ramdas Ji, with the derogatory word. It should be corrected. Title Could be "Golden Temple in Deep Management Crisis".
Request you to Make the necessary changes. It hurts the religious feelings of those who venerate Golden Temple.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: