• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

God's Will - BHANA

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
God's Will - "BHANA"

God may not respond to our prayers the way we want, but He gives us what is best for us. The following prayer sums it up well. This is how it goes:

I asked for strength, God gave me difficulties to overcome.
I asked for wisdom, God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity, God gave me brain and brawn to work.
I asked for courage, God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for love, God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors, God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing – nothing that I wanted.
I received everything – everything that I needed.

Silently, unknowingly, all my prayers were answered.
Accepting everything as HIS WILL (Bhana), we must offer our gratitude, our salutations, to God in our prayers.

source: friend's email

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
It is a lovely ode your friend has sent you. I would presume many are undergoing a crisis of faith and a belief in the Spirit to salvage from the fires of a tormented hell. It is good to take time out to hearten others, yet at times we all lose our way, so immersed in darkness and pain, we become blinkered to the light in the world and love in the hearts of others. We wait with faith until God gives back to us our peace of mind, our dignity and our liberation. When sun beats harshly and not a friend in sight, Guru Nanak walks with us upon our way. It may not appear or seem so, but as surely as night follows day and brings forth a bright new morn, problems fade and are soon forgotten as we emerge into the light. A warm wish and a kind word to those about us, silence and a listening spirit to the words within the souls of others. Helps to forget our own pain. We are adept at appeasing and sooth saying yet at times are completely lost in trying to find an answer to our own woes and worries. Perception and consciousness – blessed are they able to observe only love and kindness, peace and harmony about them. It is for the ill fortuned as if God has switched off a light and darkened their immediate world. To find the path to the switch to reignite a zest and purpose for life ...

mkm

SPNer
Mar 1, 2008
Respected Soul _Jyot jee, Your friend indeed send you good message. We will live happily if we accept HIS order.:happy::happy:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: