• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

God's Will And The Law Of Karma

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK

It is said true wisdom cannot hate for it expects no greater a behaviour from a person of whatso a calibre. It is foolish to expect pearls from herds, or grace from the mean, and to hold such expectations if to be blinkered and partial sighted.

Ignorance is a condition created by ones lack of good counsel, poor upbringing, or ingrained anger and hatred. It is not willed by God but fate and circumstance. The two are separates determiners of one’s plight and destiny in life.

Accusations of paapi persons or sinners are subjective. One commits an offense in anger, without the wherewithal of one’s senses, a temporal lapse in good judgment are forgivable. To commit sinful acts or words with malicious intent wilfully impervious and boastful of one being beyond reproach or above judgment are the true paapi.

Understanding of why certain people behave in a particular manner not only protects and immunises your own sense to the subjections of such people, but also creates a peaceful aura disinclined to rise to the folly of such meagre folk.

Jun 1, 2008
Sat shri akal,:D
jeetijohal ji,
It is said true wisdom cannot hate for it expects no greater a behaviour from a person of whatso a calibre. It is foolish to expect pearls from herds, or grace from the mean, and to hold such expectations if to be blinkered and partial sighted.
In this world to expect from others is itself a foolishness and one can only expect something from Lord no one else.

Ignorance is a condition created by ones lack of good counsel, poor upbringing, or ingrained anger and hatred. It is not willed by God but fate and circumstance. The two are separates determiners of one’s plight and destiny in life.
even if you counsel fools and manmukh's very few of them will understand what it is to be enlightened and to be in the company of mens of Lord and moreover it requires an enlighten soul to enlighten other like only a lighted lamp can light other's.

Accusations of paapi persons or sinners are subjective. One commits an offense in anger, without the wherewithal of one’s senses, a temporal lapse in good judgment are forgivable. To commit sinful acts or words with malicious intent wilfully impervious and boastful of one being beyond reproach or above judgment are the true paapi.
no my brother. even if we commit an offense in anger we will have to pay for it and this is because God has provided each one of us with a strength to fight and revolt against the five evils inside us and outside us. And let me tell you we are conscious when we commit mistakes we cannot blame anger,greed or lust because our karmas are partially affected by them rest is done on our part.

Understanding of why certain people behave in a particular manner not only protects and immunises your own sense to the subjections of such people, but also creates a peaceful aura disinclined to rise to the folly of such meagre folk.
to understand such people you need to understand their psychology and why do we need to protect ourselves from subjection to such people Lord is always there to protect .bhagat kabir gives a wonderful example to explain this he says even though Snake lives on sandalwood but it cannot affect its fragrance in the same way we have to stay with them with an aim to understand them ,help them Lord is always there to protect us.

~~sainty~~:whisling:
~~wald Guru Nanak~~

Jun 1, 2008
addooo2 ji,
It seems that you are practicing for a marathon in the near future and to achieve your aim you have chosen this thread as your practice ground.you simply come question us and run back.:pi was kidding ;) plz do reply to my previous post it was meant to answer all your questions and IL be posting yet another post to give a blow to pk70 ji's "surat" theory.:p

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
sainty ji

Sometimes it feels like a marathon. Actually I run out of steam from time to time. I posted a lot on the Law of karma thread because I like the topic. Other threads I just make sure that people are not preparing for a brush war. :D I may not disagree with pk70's surat theory. Fact is, humbly I confess, that surat is a concept that I do not grasp as well as I should.

Then I got busy on the yoga thread. So probably I will respond but need to get some pranayama. Hope you don't mind.

BTW -- Which post number was it. I am lost too.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
addooo2 ji,
It seems that you are practicing for a marathon in the near future and to achieve your aim you have chosen this thread as your practice ground.you simply come question us and run back.:pi was kidding ;) plz do reply to my previous post it was meant to answer all your questions and IL be posting yet another post to give a blow to pk70 ji's "surat" theory.:p

Saint Soldier ji

"Surat theory" is not mine, it is stated by Guru Nanak, I just stand by what Guru says, if aad ji, you disagree with it, it is fine with me; however, I strictly believe what Guru says"the Karma and the reaction(even as per your new meaning of karma=reaction) are well expressed by Guru ji, I really do not need to get into hair-splitting. Thanks for bearing with me, agreeing and disagreeing with me because it also falls into"Guru's Surat Theory" if you will.

ਏਕਾ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਜੇਤੇ ਹੈ ਜੀਅ
Ėkā suraṯ jeṯe hai jī▫a.
There is one awareness among all created beings.
ਸੁਰਤਿ ਵਿਹੂਣਾ ਕੋਇ ਕੀਅ
Suraṯ vihūṇā ko▫e na kī▫a.
None have been created without this awareness.
ਜੇਹੀ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਤੇਹਾ ਤਿਨ ਰਾਹੁ
Jehī suraṯ ṯehā ṯin rāhu.
As is their awareness, so is their way.
ਲੇਖਾ ਇਕੋ ਆਵਹੁ ਜਾਹੁ ॥੧॥
Lekẖā iko āvhu jāhu. ||1||
According to the the account of our action
we come and go . ||1||

Therefore I rest my debate with above Guru Shabad, my only inspiration. You guys can continue. Thanks for sharing all your views.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2008
Sardar pk70 ji,
let us suppose that your understanding is right and true about the surat.
now plz give some care to whatever IL be saying.
according to you surat is our understanding of this world and in a word our sense.right? and it develops with reaction to our environment and all this with God's will.right?
now have you ever seen a paralytic man? if not let me tell you i have why do you think God is so cruel that he will not give him a chance to have a surat like others? how does God decides what kind of surat will one get?who will become a good man though good surat and who a mob through lower form of surat?
don't you think our father said we are all equal before God how will God make such choices?
enough of questioning for today i hope UL give a reply and if you will IL present more views.

~~sainty~~
~~wald Guru Nanak~~

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Surat, or consciousness is on four levels, sometimes referred to as dimensions. The physical perception of the world about you has two views, pre-programmed to seek or ignore certain apparitions. The conscious is mans innate ability to observe, perceive according to his mental condition. E.g., when we are angry we find all things annoying; the slightest matter rouses us to fury because our consciousness and peace is disturbed. However when we are happy, nothing can erase our joy, no matter what averse occurrences may arise we overcome them sensibly, because our conscious is tuned to the positive dimension.

The conscience is Gods counsel usually personalised by one’s own life experiences and pastoral tuition. It guides and leads the mind in strong willed thinking people. Some are deaf to their own conscience and rendered mere pawns for any prevailing bad will to govern and coax into wrongdoing. They who are governed by a strong moral conscience have little need of any other modes of counsel and are the truly free.

Subconscious is the part of our brain where all knowledge both inherited and living is stored. It is what lies in the subconscious that motivates action, reaction, speech and preferences. The unconscious is the part of the brain that is driven by will over reason, will itself may be driven by anger, rage, or external influences against the best interests of the person.

Super consciousness is sensory perception of all matters universal, where one can rationalise all reasoning in a quantum, cosmologically cognitive manner. The interdependent correlation of all things and their effect upon the surrounding actions and thought processes. Mans brain sis nurtured with many patterns of thoughts, and each reaches a slightly different truth because all minds are cocooned within their own thinking, ingrained by their own experiences and introverted, i.e. seeing by ones personal view than the world collective view.

Supreme Consciousness is God consciousness, to view the world with God's perception, understand all the mysteries of life and the world without study or travel. This is God given.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada

Law of karma? As we are told that we are born dew to our karama from the past life.It does not make logic sense, we are told that all the bad and good things happned to us due to our doing in past to other people and how we lived our life in the past. Here is why I say it is not logic. If I steal some thing from your house, that will be sin (pap) so I have to repay u in your and my next life.Why cant it be that in our last life you took stole fro me in our last life and now I am making it even. There is no way one can know/
Next if we are born due to our karama and we are reaping from our last life's karma. Then there is not going to be next life. Becouse we are not creating new karma, all we are doing is reaping our parst karama. This is hiduism way of explaining and controling people. Now the sikhs, bhai jis doing the same thing. It is all to control people.In hinduism pandat will recite mantra to fininsh bad karma. Now bhaiji will read poems from book (Granth) so that the bad karma be finishe.
The the hindus named the karma but in reality it was genatic.If you look at the genatic theory and karma theory they are same. But you have to look at it from the nutral point not from a religion.
I need help from some one who is good at math. I like to know how many combination these nubmers will make. permutaions. As in lotry we chose 6 from 49 there are over 14 million combination in that. the numbers are 80,40,20,4. This is very impotent to understand karma

Following is what Guru nanak said about the will of God and the Law of karma-

About will of God:-

Whatever happens is all in god's will
--Guru nanak /gauri,151

That alone happens which pleases god nothing is in the hands of man who is completely helpless
--Guru nanak/asa,417

Man comes and goes by god's will which pervades everywhere and everything for all time
--Guru nanak/ gauri,151

Pain and pleasure are part of gods will
--Guru nanak/ gauri,223

Men should live as god wills
--Guru nanak/siri,25

He who submits to the will of god,is accepted and treasured by him
--Guru nanak/asa,421

Liberation from bondage comes by god's grace none else has any say(i.e. can intercede)in this
--Guru nanak/jap,5

He who walks in the will of god, faces no impendiment
--Guru nanak/asa,421

whatever God willed,has come to pass;
For there is no doer except him.
--Guru nanak/gauri,154

One is approved only if one submits oneself to the will of the lord-commandant
in whose court only truth is accepted
--Guru nanak/maru,1090

God does whatever he wills
--Guru nanak/asa,475

About Law of karma:-

One reaps what one sows.
One eats from what one earns
--Guru nanak/suhi,730

One receives in accordance with what one does.
As one sows ,so one eats
--Guru nanak/danasri,662

Hear me,lord!
Man's life proceeds
as his accumulated actions determine.
He receives joy or sorrow,
in accordance with
what his past deeds have earned him.
but all is good that comes from you.
--Guru nanak/tukhari,1107

All are yoked to god's will,
and will be adjudged
according to their deeds
--Guru nanak/basant,1169

The record of our good and bad deeds
is scrutinised
in the presence of the supreme Judge.
We will be allowed to dwell
near Him or far away
as a result of our adjudged actions.
--Guru nanak/jap,8

Now the question arises what determines our fate Will of God or the Law of karma.??let us try to find the answer with the above sayings of Guru nanak pita.

That alone happens which pleases god nothing is in the hands of man who is completely helpless
--Guru nanak/asa,417
One receives in accordance with what one does.
As one sows ,so one eats
--Guru nanak/danasri,662
arent the above two contradicting statements in one Guru ji is saying that everything happens with the will of God and man can do nothing on the other hand in the second he says man gets according to his deeds this is confusing:hmm: allright lets move on.

He who walks in the will of god, faces no impendiment
--Guru nanak/asa,421
All are yoked to god's will,
and will be adjudged
according to their deeds
--Guru nanak/basant,1169
hmm im geting it now.our subjection to God's will:hmm:

Pain and pleasure are part of gods will
--Guru nanak/ gauri,223

Hear me,lord!
Man's life proceeds
as his accumulated actions determine.
He receives joy or sorrow,
in accordance with
what his past deeds have earned him.
but all is good that comes from you.
--Guru nanak/tukhari,1107
again both of them go against each other.:shock:

now let us try to understand for ourselves(thats because we hav our own brains)
and we shall get some hints from Guru ji as we move on
now,
whatever God willed,has come to pass;
For there is no doer except him.
--Guru nanak/gauri,154

something in this thought, yes Guru ji says that God is the only doer that is the situation we are in is created by god and the reaction to that situation is our karma(contrary to the buddhist say that karmas are action,but buddist intellectuals dont face such questions as they dont hav to answer about the will of God:shutup:)

But what then determines the will of god here is something from Guru ji
God does whatever he wills
--Guru nanak/asa,475
so God does as he wills.:hmm:

So finally we got our answer that God is the only doer and our karmas are simply reaction to his will which further decides how good or bad action we r doing .:yes:
hey im still not satisfied:crazy:, hey guys why dont all of you present your views over this.

~~sainty~~
~~wald Guru Nanak~~

Law of karma? As we are told that we are born dew to our karama from the past life.It does not make logic sense, we are told that all the bad and good things happned to us due to our doing in past to other people and how we lived our life in the past. Here is why I say it is not logic. If I steal some thing from your house, that will be sin (pap) so I have to repay u in your and my next life.Why cant it be that in our last life you took stole fro me in our last life and now I am making it even. There is no way one can know/
Next if we are born due to our karama and we are reaping from our last life's karma. Then there is not going to be next life. Becouse we are not creating new karma, all we are doing is reaping our parst karama. This is hiduism way of explaining and controling people. Now the sikhs, bhai jis doing the same thing. It is all to control people.In hinduism pandat will recite mantra to fininsh bad karma. Now bhaiji will read poems from book (Granth) so that the bad karma be finishe.
The the hindus named the karma but in reality it was genatic.If you look at the genatic theory and karma theory they are same. But you have to look at it from the nutral point not from a religion.
I need help from some one who is good at math. I like to know how many combination these nubmers will make. permutaions. As in lotry we chose 6 from 49 there are over 14 million combination in that. the numbers are 80,40,20,4. This is very impotent to understand karma

If I steal some thing from your house, that will be sin (pap) so I have to repay u in your and my next life.Why cant it be that in our last life you took stole fro me in our last life and now I am making it even.

Well then stop reacting and start acting. If you want to make the choice to react then go ahead you'll be in your Karma for many lifes to come.

Next if we are born due to our karama and we are reaping from our last life's karma. Then there is not going to be next life. Becouse we are not creating new karma, all we are doing is reaping our parst karama.

Your reaping over the past life is the new Karma and when you get into the next life you can reap some more.

This is hiduism way of explaining and controling people. Now the sikhs, bhai jis doing the same thing. It is all to control people.In hinduism pandat will recite mantra to fininsh bad karma. Now bhaiji will read poems from book (Granth) so that the bad karma be finishe.

Man there's alot of ignorance being passed around on this site lately, is it a new trend. I get it your the one that wants to do what he wants when he wants to satisfy the minds urges. Get in line man there's about 3 billion of these types of people. The fact you called Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji a book tells the reader exactly how much you know about Sikhi. To get you up to speed Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the living Guru and is not a book or a holy scripture. Sikhs read Gurbani to heal the soul and acheive a higher consciousness that leads to the oneness with God. God controls the whole universe, i know he's so good to us when he lets us understand the wonders of the world. Too bad God hides inside of us and tells us to get rid of our ego. Just imagine a world controled by humans, scary isn't it! When a story like a Singh with his head cut off fought his way to Harmandar Sahib, first thing I say is no way-I got proof, science or when a Singh from London gets up in the middle of his funeral and starts walking, I say no way- I got proof, science. Then I shake my head a couple of times and say Waheguru and bow my head in humility; reality is so wonderful.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Surat, or consciousness is on four levels, sometimes referred to as dimensions. The physical perception of the world about you has two views, pre-programmed to seek or ignore certain apparitions. The conscious is mans innate ability to observe, perceive according to his mental condition. E.g., when we are angry we find all things annoying; the slightest matter rouses us to fury because our consciousness and peace is disturbed. However when we are happy, nothing can erase our joy, no matter what averse occurrences may arise we overcome them sensibly, because our conscious is tuned to the positive dimension.

The conscience is Gods counsel usually personalised by one’s own life experiences and pastoral tuition. It guides and leads the mind in strong willed thinking people. Some are deaf to their own conscience and rendered mere pawns for any prevailing bad will to govern and coax into wrongdoing. They who are governed by a strong moral conscience have little need of any other modes of counsel and are the truly free.

Subconscious is the part of our brain where all knowledge both inherited and living is stored. It is what lies in the subconscious that motivates action, reaction, speech and preferences. The unconscious is the part of the brain that is driven by will over reason, will itself may be driven by anger, rage, or external influences against the best interests of the person.

Super consciousness is sensory perception of all matters universal, where one can rationalise all reasoning in a quantum, cosmologically cognitive manner. The interdependent correlation of all things and their effect upon the surrounding actions and thought processes. Mans brain sis nurtured with many patterns of thoughts, and each reaches a slightly different truth because all minds are cocooned within their own thinking, ingrained by their own experiences and introverted, i.e. seeing by ones personal view than the world collective view.

Supreme Consciousness is God consciousness, to view the world with God's perception, understand all the mysteries of life and the world without study or travel. This is God given.

Jeetijohal ji

Somehow this thread went strangely off topic. Glad that you have made the effort to get us focused. :thumbup:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Sardar pk70 ji,
let us suppose that your understanding is right and true about the surat.
now plz give some care to whatever IL be saying.
according to you surat is our understanding of this world and in a word our sense.right? and it develops with reaction to our environment and all this with God's will.right?
now have you ever seen a paralytic man? if not let me tell you i have why do you think God is so cruel that he will not give him a chance to have a surat like others? how does God decides what kind of surat will one get?who will become a good man though good surat and who a mob through lower form of surat?
don't you think our father said we are all equal before God how will God make such choices?
enough of questioning for today i hope UL give a reply and if you will IL present more views.

~~sainty~~
~~wald Guru Nanak~~
Your problem is this that you just do not get it regardless how it is expressed. Remember example of “director” then” chip”
Lord, the giver of the Surat and whose are all equal, has his ways of control as put it by Guru Ji. There are people who are blind, cripple and terminally ill from the birth, guys like you think that it is not fair. Or why He has done this to them? Obviously people who question like this, forget that the body (His creation including brain) with their limits grows in environments(His creation as well). This environment can be womb of the mother too. All factors influence, affect and some time significantly change it; if in that situation blindness, state of being crippled and other disability can occur, how foolish we will be if we question it as His biased decision as you have asked. There are many atheists who go to that strength, in that case, let them remain in that Surat
Questioning God’s being fair or unfair is sheer ignorance in spiritual world. I stick to Guru that all is happening as per His will. All are blessed with Surat, with disability or without disability. As repeatedly said earlier, to understand it the whole system of His Hukam is to be understood. Taking partially something as example out of His total play is just a game (as you wrote “to give a blow”). Splitting hair over explained truth by Guru himself is not fair either. Guru Says that intellectual games of reasoning will not be useful in spiritual enlightening. Guru is very much aware of atheistic views. That is why in Mool Mantra, Guru describes the Lord as “SatNaam” means the Lord exists, He is a realty, not an hallucinations etc.
I never intended to convince you, impress you or whatever you think because it is not my problem, I am totally convinced by Guru. I expressed what Guru said in this regard. You want to continue this game, keep it, but this game has lost its luster for me. So good bye “saint Soldier ji”!:)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Surat means awareness :-

ਨਾਪਾਕ ਪਾਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹਦੀਸਾ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ ॥੧੨॥
नापाक पाकु करि हदूरि हदीसा साबत सूरति दसतार सिरा ॥१२॥
Nāpāk pāk kar haḏūr haḏīsā sābaṯ sūraṯ ḏasṯār sirā. ||12||
Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition.
Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. ||12||

Jun 1, 2008
It is much easy to be critical than to correct.;)
A learned man should be considered a fool ,if he is governed by greed,pride and craving,
-- Shri Guru Nanak
I thought that someone is a learned man but i discovered what mens can be hidden in their masks of sainthood .thank you pk70 ji for teaching me this lesson.
and if the same person is now angry-
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else you are the one getting burned.
--Shri Gautam buddh:)

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
It is much easy to be critical than to correct.;)
A learned man should be considered a fool ,if he is governed by greed,pride and craving,
-- Shri Guru Nanak
I thought that someone is a learned man but i discovered what mens can be hidden in their masks of sainthood .thank you pk70 ji for teaching me this lesson.
and if the same person is now angry-
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else you are the one getting burned.
--Shri Gautam buddh:)
Again thanks for not getting it. We judge others without knowing, we get hurt and learn lesson due to that misunderstanding, because we do not let others to touch the righteous attitude(our own, not necessarily righteous) we develop over years, if some one just wants to stay out of hair splitting, he/she must be judged as per our complexes regardless the accusations person hardly represents. Pk70 is not a Saint and spiritually advanced individual or learned man with any mask. Why do I need it any way? To impress others or to hide from others? I am a person who lived his life like hypocrites as many do, Gurbani changed me and I just want to share it with others, that doesn’t make me a learned person or saint, I am struggling man on Guru path what else can say more. Your Shri Gautam Budh couldn't impress me, is it his fault? No, what he talks is not as perfect as I feel Gurbani is. When I see same questions coming in different form, I just lose interest, for that, your judgment on me appears to be nothing but lack of understanding. Good bye Saint Soldier Jio !:)[/FONT]

Archived_Member5

Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
The modern world and I suspect for a time is grossly unjust and unfair. Stephen Hawkins, a brilliant mind paralysed, may persons lying in vegetative states, retaining elderly people in nursing homes for the profitability in pharmaceuticals factor long after any quality of life or necessity for the frail person has passed is cruel. It cannot be God’s will, and an incapacitated person has not a voice to lament to God for their state of health. We are ruled by dual powers of good and evil. Why does God allow it, because the majority of men rebel, or unwittingly side with evildoers and paapi persons, for popularity, or profit or because of a herd mentality driving the fearful of aligning with whatever fashion market trends dictate at any given time. Some blame religion, exonerating the wicked thereby.

The thinking man is required to suppress his humanity to live without emotional trauma in this harsh and cold world. Thus humanity slumbers in eternal sleep whilst mankind is looted of their Swarg by demonic forces. There is a beautiful verse in JapJi Sahib Ramkali Mahal 1 or 5, ‘’the world slumbers in blissful sleep, so let it slumber for the night of darkness is upon us, we will awaken when the sun again arises in our hearts and minds’’ {inspired translation.JJ}

When all the religious houses are in order, they will remerge as unified units towards their One Solar Creator. When the collective will of mankind is again governed by one conscience towards a singular will to peace. The incapacitated are readily healed if the services of such a spiritual healer is sought and by good blessing found. It is the principle of life. There is always happiness, peace, occupation, joy, perfection in the world. It may sometimes appear that it has evaded us or is reserved for others. A matter of the state of one’s mind rather than fact or actuality.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sainty Ji,

It would be a good idea to rephrase your prime question which you feel has remained unanswered. This will allow others to participate in providing the answer. If PK70 doesn't want to answer your queries, you should not force him to.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Seeker3k

All of your questions in my humble opinion are reasonable questions when the law of karma is wrongly defined as the principle of pay-back for deeds of a previous life. However, the Law of Karma is not the Law of Pay-Back even though it is often interpreted this way. The interpretation is incorrect.

You make 2 excellent points. The first is that the numbers don’t add up if one uses mathematics. And more importantly, souls do not necessarily take a new life immediately after death. The idea that they do makes the entire business of coming and going sound like a traffic management problem in the metropolis of life after death. So you are within your rights to put this question forward as not only baffling, but probably unanswerable. The second good point, in my humble opinion, is this one. We don’t know what happens to our souls—in other words – we don’t know how our karam is assessed and how our reincarnation will turn out because only Akaal can know this. Guru Nanak has told us what to do about it. But no one has come back from the dead to explain the mechanics of this entire matter.

Here is where I would change your questions somewhat. This is not a criticism. Who is the “bhai” you refer to? I am not sure, but I would not say that it is Sikhism that trying to control us. Rather so many people on this earth are prisoners of the thoughts given to them by their culture. An ordinary person, influenced by centuries of Vedantic philosophy about karma and reincarnation, cannot easily escape the influence of history and culture on the question of the Law of Karma, karma, reincarnation, or any other problem related to morality or religious belief. So what we are told is often a a popular theory and a theory that people are used to hearing over and over. They assimilate this theory and repeat it without the tools to understand in a different way.

You said, “Next if we are born due to our karama and we are reaping from our last life's Karma. Then there is not going to be next life. Becouse we are not creating new Karma, all we are doing is reaping our parst karama. This is hiduism way of explaining and controling people.” You are making perfect sense. The idea is not logical and it is actually depressing and morally self-defeating. There would be no reason to take moral account of our actions if all of our actions were figured out in advance, and if our present life is the pay-back for paap of a previous life. It seems that we would not be responsible for what we do today if today we are paying back our accounts for the sins of yesterday.

Does anyone think that Guru Arjan Dev died in the horrific manner of his martyrdom because of the sins of his previous life? Does anyone think that Guru Arjan Dev was tricked into the final chapter of his life where he was defamed and slandered – possibly by his own blood – because of sins of his previous life? I do not think this is true. Guru Nanak makes it clear that innocent people often suffer because of the karams of others. This point is made in the hymn of Lahore. Akaal ordains everything in his Hukam. And Akaal gives to all of us, Guru Arjan Dev, to you, to me, to everyone, choices. But as individuals we are the ones who choose. Guru Arjan Dev understood what his choices were. He made a moral choice. Akaal did not make this choice for him. If Akaal had made the choice then Akaal would be the only moral agent. Instead Akaal created humans who were able to be moral agents in their own right – we can choose one way or the other.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM