• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

God's Gender

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
it most definately would be the woman god because a male god would have been more merciful and put the fridge, television and toilet in closer proximity.
Nah, Sinister Ji, God has to be man!:D

I agree with George Carlin(comedian) here:
...the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is ****** up.Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of **** you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful *** a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

HA! good'ol CARLIN!!! i miss him. :(

God does have a gender and is predominately viewed as a father type figure (authoritative)...maybe not in sikh philosophy but im sure such notions are so widely accepted that it rubs off on sikhs.

plus almost all god's profits and messengers, who were men outweigh the minor role that females played in every religion (aside from being vessels that gave them life...their contributions to much of the philosophies themselves are 'missing'?...or at least not given credit). religion itself, to this day is dominated by men, on the administrative level...including in sikhism.

i can't think of one major religious sect that has a female in a leadership position (as of today) aside from the queen of england and her anglican church?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat ji

Is this what you mean by gender roles?

Definitions of Gender roles on the Web:

If so, would please then explain how you connect these definitions to the information that you quoted.
Yes that's what I mean.

from the writings:
Majesty are the prototype of masculinity, while the names of Beauty are the prototype of femininity

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: