Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Gist of Sidh Gohst

Discussion in 'Sidh Gosht' started by Ambarsaria, Feb 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

A great discourse and a path that lights for pursuit in Sikhism.

Sidhas/Yogis ask:

Many a great questions are posed by the Sidhs. Many such questions still prevail even today in the minds of many children all the way to the most learned.

These being like in examples below,
    Guru ji respectfully address the learned minds but encourage them to see the forest from the trees, don’t be stuck in the weeds, don’t sweat the small stuff, etc.

Guru Ji’s answers:

Guru ji’s answers all relate back to the recognition of one creator in all such queries. This recognition to,

One can almost relate it all back to the words in the mool mantar as,
    The true culmination of all this for a Sikh is, living the life of a ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ / Gurmukẖ (Gur-mukh-ai). There are many a references to this in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in multiple sections and from the many contributors to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji including our Guru ji’s. A quick search at Srigranth.org finds 1612 citations of ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ / Gurmukẖ (Gur-mukh-ai) where the word is much used in the essence of what a ਗੁਰਮੁਖ / Gurmukẖ finds or receives in a blessed relationship with the one creator.

So a Sikh is one, so steadfastly looking up to the creator, contemplating upon the creator, focusing on wisdom of the creator. In so doing, while living in consonance with all as one creation of one creator.

All errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: More details on question by question approach available here at SPN in the series of 19 posts.

• Like Like x 7
    #1 Ambarsaria, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Loading...

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Ambarsariah Ji,
    This is one of my fav threads..and one of the best you have written. Personal THANKS for helping me walk along the path towards Gurmukhta...Gurparsaad.
    Siddh Ghhosht is one of Guru nanak jis Prime banis..the others being ASA dee Vaar...Oankar (mistakenly called ramkali Dakhnni Oankar). Perhaps you cna give us a Thread on these two....Oankar esp interests many..

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār

Gyani Jarnail Singh ji I have learnt much and continue to learn from esteemed members here at spn.

I will review "ASA dee Vaar...Oankar" to see if I am up to it. I have done japji Sahib, Rehras Sahib, Kirtan Sohila that I have not posted yet. I will jiggle and see when I can possibly post.

Again, your mentoring and guidance including that of Tejwant Singh ji and spnadmin ji has been invaluable to me.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 4
  5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Ambarsaria ji

I personally thank you for this labor. It is seva in the true and best sense of the word. It is also a gift to all of our members, loyal and deserving, and the Internet community that has not joined us but loyally read from afar.

You must now take a break. We need you here posting, commenting, and joking on the topics you hold dear.

We on the other hand must find better ways to demonstrate our own gratitude. As long as we are here, and long after, your contribution to the quality of what SPN is and can hope to be is graced by your writing.

And yes ...Asa ki Vaar is my favorite... so when you are ready I will be there to learn and enjoy all of it.

:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār

spnadmin ji thanks for your gracious comments. I am not deserving.

In retrospection I further observe the following in respect of the Sidh Gosht,
    This is one of what was prevalent in the times (Yogis) as pursuit of the so called noblest or close to God in the religion of the day in India. It is still persisting and even some Sikhs have latched on to it for its sexiness and marketing power. Many examples available without naming names.

Lest we forget the message of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 3