• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Future Of Sikhism

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
S|kH said:
I said the future of Sikhism is downhill, and as for the Khalsa/Sikh identity, it will die.

People began to object, Singhstah stated that the Sikhs have the hukam of the Guru, and the Khalsa will rule all (as opposed to dying).

I simply stated other older religoins/cultures, which have said the same thing, and have all withered away.

I do think this topic is getting a bit off track though...someone put it back on course ...or I should just stop posting on it.

And I'm pretty certain the ideals of "halemi raj" are the same as the ideals of a leader expressed in Christ by the Bible. These ideals should nearly be identical to ones expressed when someone refers to a supreme Buddha, or another Muhammond.

Khalsa Raj, is not the same thing as "The Khalsa will Rise and conquer all", or "Raj Karega Khalsa" for that matter.

Khalsa Raj is simply just terminalogy, it is not a prophecy. Khalsa Raj can exist today, but will not conquer anything.

Unless....I'm mistaken?

There is a prophecy about khalsa raj,Sant Jarnail Singh Ji stated that the day the indian government attack Sri Harmandar Sahib,that is the day the foundation of Khalstan will be laid.

Bhai Rama Singh Ji in his book "In search of the true guru" told about his meeting with a shaheed Singh whi took him in to the future and showed him Khalistan and if you read the book and read the details about what Khalistan will be it is mindblowing, Khalistan will be like a part of Sach Khand :eek:

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
Singhstah said:
There is a prophecy about khalsa raj,Sant Jarnail Singh Ji stated that the day the indian government attack Sri Harmandar Sahib,that is the day the foundation of Khalstan will be laid.

Bhai Rama Singh Ji in his book "In search of the true guru" told about his meeting with a shaheed Singh whi took him in to the future and showed him Khalistan and if you read the book and read the details about what Khalistan will be it is mindblowing, Khalistan will be like a part of Sach Khand :eek:

But that is the whole thing I JUST DISPROVED.

The Mayans, the Samurai, the Christians, the Muslims...all say the SAME THING.

and then someone brought up on how the Gurus wrote the SGGS..and I stated they did not write any verses which would show that Sikhs(Khalsa) would rule or conquer.

And NOW, your bringing up a book which was NOT written by the Gurus.

And I do not believe that you can GO into the future, or SEE the future. You can make a philosophy on how the future may shape out, but no one is for certain. Hence, why Sikhs are told to live in the present and to make conditions good for humans now ;)

The prophecy about the Khalsa Raj is wrong. Bhindranwale was NOT a Guru.
One of our Guru's would never make such a blatant and stupid prophecy. Because it is not possible to see or prophecize the future, and I'm sure our Gurus knew that. You can take educated guesses, but the prophecy Bhindranwale made...lol, come on.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singhstah

Was Sant Jarnail Singh a prophet because Sikhi is not based on any prophecy?

I hv no idea what the book by Bhai Rama Singh about. I would like to get hold of it. The title of the book made me curious - In search of the true Guru-.

Our TRUE GURU is SGGS. I wonder if he is looking for someone in flesh!

What does the following line really mean?

Raj Karegah Khalsa.

What does Khalsa mean in this context as only IK ONG KAAR is pure?

Hum augun bharei Ek gun nahin...
We are no way near perfect nor pure.

Tejwant

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
hi slkh i m no advocate of the different prophecies of which religion or who will rule but on the same hand i feel my self incapable of perceiving or foreseeing the "death of khalsa".i dont have any evidences to support my point of view at this stage, but as soon as i can come up with anything ill post it here.

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
I hv no idea what the book by Bhai Rama Singh about. I would like to get hold of it. The title of the book made me curious - In search of the true Guru-.Our TRUE GURU is SGGS. I wonder if he is looking for someone in flesh!

Bhai Rama SIngh JI was a Sant,who at one point was Jathedar of AKJ UK his book is his autobiography, it's got the title in search of the true guru because he was born into a hindu family but wanted to find which religion was right for him and in the end he chose Sikhi and Sri Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj as his Guroo,its a really good book about his childhood, his sikhi developing etc. you can buy it from any akj rainsabhis or samagams or www.sikhnation.com

if u want more info pm me, cause i dont want to go even more off topic than i already have, lol :p

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
etinder said:
hi slkh i m no advocate of the different prophecies of which religion or who will rule but on the same hand i feel my self incapable of perceiving or foreseeing the "death of khalsa".i dont have any evidences to support my point of view at this stage, but as soon as i can come up with anything ill post it here.

Read the other thread. "The Future of Religion".

Those are proven societal trends. And look at the Sikh community, we are going in the same way. We are no exception to the "rule".

Personally, I will tell you what I think is a possible answer :

Read other religoins, read their holy books, read their history, read their leadership roles, read their Kings and priests stories. Analyze their current society, and analyze what caused their society to become like that.
We are still a fairly new religion, we still have some ground as of now, but we are headed in the SAME DIRECTION as those religions. We MUST find a remedy, a solution.

The problem is the fault of both, our parents, and our leaders. SGPC is promoting middle-aged things such as "excommunicating" individuals from society. This was tried before in other religions, and it FAILED. Our parents, NEVER teach us to read the history of other religions, rather, only read sikhism because it is "infalliable".

As you all know the saying, "History repeats itself." We WILL become a victim of history and time, unless we learn how the others made their mistakes, and attempt to fix it up NOW.

We are going the SAME EXACT way as the other religions. We will become a thing of the past.

Dec 26, 2008
Sat Sri Akal

You guys have just simply no idea! No one of you. First of all SIkh here is some clarification for you query

"Raj karega khalsa, Aki rahe na koi"

This is written in Guru Granth Sahib ji, now what it means is completely different than what our friend Singhstah is saying about khalistan and all.

It means Raj karega khalsa, here KHALSA refers to Khalas... THE PURE!! which does not refer only to sikhs but any person of any relegion or caste or creed who is pure at heart. This similar thing is stated in many relegions and not only ours such as in Hinduism it is called Sat Yug where only the true ones will prevail, christians call it second coming of christ and so and so.

Second is Aki rahe na koi, now aki means person with arrogance and 'ahankar' or you can say the evil one. So as you say that all samurai, mayan and ..... say the same thing it is because they actually say the same thing.

So my friends do not take every saying of our gurus in link with Sikhism only, they have taught us a way of life and then to finally achieve salvation.

Archived_Member5

(previously jeetijohal, account deactivated at her
Mar 13, 2006
London, UK
Religious, Political and Cultural globalisation will bring the world community together as one. It is realistically possible to retain ones unique individuality whilst integrating with one’s peers from other communities. Focus is on socio economic and ranking comparatives. The societal stratosphere has a rank and file pecking order, the Lordships of any religion will rally towards collective authority and stability, the malcontents tend towards rallying with a herd mentality towards any cause threatening to cause upheaval. The Khalsa is a spiritual path inspiring each adherent to overcome such earthly barriers whilst remaining respectful and mindful of the roles and rank assigned to each.

Whether Nanak be as a pauper or Prince, a fellow man or King his exemplary virtue and lion heartedness radiates from his heart and countenance. Where so he is placed that gathering, society, class or rank becomes as sanctified. What then is the definitive Khalsa. One must define Khalsa prior to all striving to meet its excellent unilateral standard. The Khalsa will live on and be synonymous with the outstanding moral rule of warriorship and honour. Of noble men and ladies submitted to or infused by the will of man. The will of man is responsibility and governance, accountability and providence, peacemaking, bread winning, sustainer and comforter, upholder of the name both familial and Universal of truth.

Defining and Surmising Khalsa, its essence and aim, will immortalise its enduring power to creat a master race of self sufficent, moral thinkers.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: