• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Friendship Day

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Friendship Day History

Considering the valuable role friends play in our life it was deemed to fit to have a day dedicated to friends and friendship. The United States Congress, in 1935, proclaimed first Sunday of August as the National Friendship Day. Since then, celebration of National Friendship Day became an annual event. The noble idea of honoring the beautiful relationship of friendship caught on with the people and soon Friendship Day became a hugely popular festival.

Following the popularity and success of Friendship Day in US, several other countries adopted the tradition of dedicating a day to friends. Today, Friendship Day is enthusiastically celebrated by several countries across the world including India.

In 1997, the United Nations named Winnie - the Pooh as the world's Ambassador of Friendship.
............................................................................................................

Priceless Friendship

Everyone wants to be rich. I confess that I do, too. But is it such a bad thing to be poor?

Money will give us many things, but it can not give us everything. It can not guarantee us good health or happiness. And it can never promise us love. If we are sick, unhappy and unloved, what good are riches?

A simple meal shared with a good friend will always taste better than an expensive one from the finest of restaurants- if eaten alone.

Comforting words in times of uncertainy and sorrow can not be charged off to any bank account.

Source: Poems | AASRA MAGAZINE:

National friendship day? :inca:

what is this world coming to?

if someone felt obliged to "honour" me annually, on a particular day, because i was their friend, i would seriously have to inflict some physical harm upon them.

probably another crazy marketing ploy by hallmark cards (annual profits 2007: $4.4 Billion dollars) ...keep expanding empty celebrations...many shareholders depend upon it :p

just when you think this world cant get any more formal and fake....it does (bringing formality to a relationship that is suppose to be casual and comfortable)

cheers

Last edited:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
9quote sinister ji)
probably another crazy marketing ploy by hallmark cards (annual profits 2007: $4.4 Billion dollars) ...keep expanding empty celebrations...many shareholders depend upon it :p
I thought I was alone, obviously I am not:happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
National friendship day? kiss my left nut! :inca:

{censored} is this world coming to?

if someone felt obliged to "honour" me annually, on a particular day, because i was their friend, i would seriously have to inflict some physical harm upon them.

just when you think this world cant get any more formal and fake....it does (bringing formality to a relationship that is suppose to be casual and comfortable)

cheers

Sinister ji

Please observe forum rule - NO TRASH TALK. You know which sentence I am referring to. Thank you.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
they never stop surprising you...don't they..

last week we had,

Appreciate your Boss day !!!

As if i had not been doing for last 365 days...:rolleyes:

what sadistic pleasure !!!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM