Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1.   Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Target (Recurring Monthly): $200 :: Achieved: $98

Form Length & Tab ?

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Stilla, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Stilla

Stilla
    Expand Collapse

Hi.. OK, so I've been building my first form for the past week....mostly
    successfully with help I got here..

But I've just reached "the bottom" - of the form length, that is. I thought
    I could just go on and on.. but after researching this site, I found there is
    a limit of 35 cms or something like that. Since putting page breaks will not
    help, I now have to break up the form into tabs. Not something I wanted to
    do, but I don't have a choice.

So, I found how to create the tabs- pretty nifty..but it seems that you lose
    the grid when you use tabs..the grid is behind the set of tabs..so how can I
    use it to design the form pieces?

Sigh...

2. Loading...

3. Al Camp

Al Camp
    Expand Collapse

Stilla,
    What version of Access are you using. I just tested in 2003, and even though the grid
    might not "show" on a Tab Page, the controls still snap to the grid, just as on the main
    form.
    **Make sure you have Format/SnapToGrid set, and View/Grid set if you want to actually
    see it.
    (SnapToGrid causes grid alignment whether the Grid is displayed or not)
    --
    hth
    Al Camp
    Candia Computer Consulting - Candia NH
    http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions

"Stilla" <Stilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:E0491858-68FD-46E5-8039-8F528D548C90@microsoft.com...
    > Hi.. OK, so I've been building my first form for the past week....mostly
    > successfully with help I got here..
    >
    > But I've just reached "the bottom" - of the form length, that is. I thought
    > I could just go on and on.. but after researching this site, I found there is
    > a limit of 35 cms or something like that. Since putting page breaks will not
    > help, I now have to break up the form into tabs. Not something I wanted to
    > do, but I don't have a choice.
    >
    > So, I found how to create the tabs- pretty nifty..but it seems that you lose
    > the grid when you use tabs..the grid is behind the set of tabs..so how can I
    > use it to design the form pieces?
    >
    > Sigh...

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution