Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sikh News Forced marriage fears in Punjab

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by Neutral Singh, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    UK Summer Warnings over Forced Marriages Breaking News Aug 10, 2013
    UK U.K. Discusses Criminalization Of Forced Marriages Breaking News Oct 11, 2011
    UK Narinder Kaur Fronts Anti-forced Marriage Campaign Breaking News Oct 3, 2011
    UK Summer is a Dangerous Time for Those at Risk of Forced Marriage Breaking News Aug 6, 2011
    UK Scores of Forced Marriages are Kent's "Secret Shame" Claims Campaigner Breaking News Jun 26, 2011

3. S|kH

S|kH
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

"She is not pressing charges against her parents.

Her case is not an isolated one. For millions of Punjabis and many more South Asians settled in the West, there remains a strong desire to marry their children within their community and caste.

They also insist that the groom or the bride should belong to the country of their origin.

And all too often, to achieve their goal, parents end up torturing their offspring, either physically or mentally."

I swear, this is the last straw, I'm tired of this ********.
    I used to tell people that don't let it get to you about what Sikhs do, just practice your own Sikhi and lead by example. But the Sikh community is far too messed up, this is the last straw. If these situations do not stop, I will gladly turn my back on the Sikhs, and never return. They will feel my wrath.

4. devinesanative

devinesanative
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Today SIkhs have become Black Buffaloes , It is useless to sing a song in front of a Buffalo .

5. devinesanative

devinesanative
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

"HE(GOD) Who used to be the saviour of Human beings from the dawn of the civilization,Today Human Beings are Conspiring to Save HIM(GOD)."