Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sign Up Now!
  1. Guest ji, please consider donating today!
      Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   
    Monthly Recurring Target: $300 :: Achieved: $95

filter

Discussion in 'Information Technology' started by Chey, Jul 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chey

    Chey
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Private Sub Combo87_AfterUpdate()
    Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & Me.Combo87 & "'"
    Me.FilterOn = True
    End Sub
    This is what I have in a combo box 87, I used to have this as a text but
    had to change it to a date. now it does not work. The error message I get
    is Run time error 200
    You canceled the previous operation. I have not changed any of the coding
    at all just turned a text into a date field. Now what?

    Thanks
    Chey
     
  2. Loading...

    Similar Threads Forum Date
    General Filter Test Hard Talk May 20, 2008

  3. default105

    default105
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Try
    Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"

    "Chey" wrote:

    > Private Sub Combo87_AfterUpdate()
    > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & Me.Combo87 & "'"
    > Me.FilterOn = True
    > End Sub
    > This is what I have in a combo box 87, I used to have this as a text but
    > had to change it to a date. now it does not work. The error message I get
    > is Run time error 200
    > You canceled the previous operation. I have not changed any of the coding
    > at all just turned a text into a date field. Now what?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Chey
     
  4. Chey

    Chey
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    it doesn't do any thing. When I choose the month it is suppose to filter
    everything in the form with that month.

    "default105" wrote:

    > Try
    > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"
    >
    > "Chey" wrote:
    >
    > > Private Sub Combo87_AfterUpdate()
    > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & Me.Combo87 & "'"
    > > Me.FilterOn = True
    > > End Sub
    > > This is what I have in a combo box 87, I used to have this as a text but
    > > had to change it to a date. now it does not work. The error message I get
    > > is Run time error 200
    > > You canceled the previous operation. I have not changed any of the coding
    > > at all just turned a text into a date field. Now what?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Chey
     
  5. default105

    default105
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    So are you saying that you have text format in one and a date format in
    another?


    "Chey" wrote:

    > it doesn't do any thing. When I choose the month it is suppose to filter
    > everything in the form with that month.
    >
    > "default105" wrote:
    >
    > > Try
    > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"
    > >
    > > "Chey" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Private Sub Combo87_AfterUpdate()
    > > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & Me.Combo87 & "'"
    > > > Me.FilterOn = True
    > > > End Sub
    > > > This is what I have in a combo box 87, I used to have this as a text but
    > > > had to change it to a date. now it does not work. The error message I get
    > > > is Run time error 200
    > > > You canceled the previous operation. I have not changed any of the coding
    > > > at all just turned a text into a date field. Now what?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Chey
     
  6. Chey

    Chey
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    no I changed everything over to date. However in the combo box, i have it
    pulling from a table, and then i have unique value selected. So then on my
    form I have the combo box and then the field it is suppose to filter with.
    Everything is out of the same table. and also the same field. Everything
    matches. When I select the month it just blinks and stays the same. After I
    choose my month i then choose a provider number. The provider number works
    okay, just not the month.
    Under where I choose the vendor number I have

    Private Sub cboMoveto_AfterUpdate()
    ' Find the record that matches the control.
    Dim rs As Object

    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[tblChild Care Providers_Vendor Number] = '" &
    Me![CboMoveTo] & "'"
    If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark


    End Sub

    Thanks for your time.

    "default105" wrote:

    > So are you saying that you have text format in one and a date format in
    > another?
    >
    >
    > "Chey" wrote:
    >
    > > it doesn't do any thing. When I choose the month it is suppose to filter
    > > everything in the form with that month.
    > >
    > > "default105" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Try
    > > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"
    > > >
    > > > "Chey" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Private Sub Combo87_AfterUpdate()
    > > > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & Me.Combo87 & "'"
    > > > > Me.FilterOn = True
    > > > > End Sub
    > > > > This is what I have in a combo box 87, I used to have this as a text but
    > > > > had to change it to a date. now it does not work. The error message I get
    > > > > is Run time error 200
    > > > > You canceled the previous operation. I have not changed any of the coding
    > > > > at all just turned a text into a date field. Now what?
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks
    > > > > Chey
     
  7. default105

    default105
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Ok, bear with me hear, I had a similar problem with a combobox when applying
    a filter before. What I found is that when you create a combobox the wizard
    asks to hide the key column. In the SQL statement the keyID field is first
    but the bound column is 1 but the value I was pulling is actually the keyID.
    I had to change my row source so the keyID was after the display value and
    then change the column widths to ie 1";0" so the keyID is hide again.

    Does this help?

    "Chey" wrote:

    > no I changed everything over to date. However in the combo box, i have it
    > pulling from a table, and then i have unique value selected. So then on my
    > form I have the combo box and then the field it is suppose to filter with.
    > Everything is out of the same table. and also the same field. Everything
    > matches. When I select the month it just blinks and stays the same. After I
    > choose my month i then choose a provider number. The provider number works
    > okay, just not the month.
    > Under where I choose the vendor number I have
    >
    > Private Sub cboMoveto_AfterUpdate()
    > ' Find the record that matches the control.
    > Dim rs As Object
    >
    > Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    > rs.FindFirst "[tblChild Care Providers_Vendor Number] = '" &
    > Me![CboMoveTo] & "'"
    > If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
    >
    >
    > End Sub
    >
    > Thanks for your time.
    >
    > "default105" wrote:
    >
    > > So are you saying that you have text format in one and a date format in
    > > another?
    > >
    > >
    > > "Chey" wrote:
    > >
    > > > it doesn't do any thing. When I choose the month it is suppose to filter
    > > > everything in the form with that month.
    > > >
    > > > "default105" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > Try
    > > > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"
    > > > >
    > > > > "Chey" wrote:
     
  8. Chey

    Chey
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    okay that didn't make any sense. Why would this have worked before with a
    text but does not work with a date? I didn't use the wizard with the combo
    box. I also have the combo box in the form header, along with the vendor
    number combo box.

    "default105" wrote:

    > Ok, bear with me hear, I had a similar problem with a combobox when applying
    > a filter before. What I found is that when you create a combobox the wizard
    > asks to hide the key column. In the SQL statement the keyID field is first
    > but the bound column is 1 but the value I was pulling is actually the keyID.
    > I had to change my row source so the keyID was after the display value and
    > then change the column widths to ie 1";0" so the keyID is hide again.
    >
    > Does this help?
    >
    > "Chey" wrote:
    >
    > > no I changed everything over to date. However in the combo box, i have it
    > > pulling from a table, and then i have unique value selected. So then on my
    > > form I have the combo box and then the field it is suppose to filter with.
    > > Everything is out of the same table. and also the same field. Everything
    > > matches. When I select the month it just blinks and stays the same. After I
    > > choose my month i then choose a provider number. The provider number works
    > > okay, just not the month.
    > > Under where I choose the vendor number I have
    > >
    > > Private Sub cboMoveto_AfterUpdate()
    > > ' Find the record that matches the control.
    > > Dim rs As Object
    > >
    > > Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    > > rs.FindFirst "[tblChild Care Providers_Vendor Number] = '" &
    > > Me![CboMoveTo] & "'"
    > > If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
    > >
    > >
    > > End Sub
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time.
    > >
    > > "default105" wrote:
    > >
    > > > So are you saying that you have text format in one and a date format in
    > > > another?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > "Chey" wrote:
    > > >
    > > > > it doesn't do any thing. When I choose the month it is suppose to filter
    > > > > everything in the form with that month.
    > > > >
    > > > > "default105" wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > > Try
    > > > > > Me.Filter = "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = '" & [Combo87] & "'"
    > > > > >
    > > > > > "Chey" wrote:

    >
     
  9. default105

    default105
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    First off, what I posted does make sense if you used a wizard but as I see
    this is not your situations. I say that it is a formatting issue because as
    you said it was text before and now it is date. Probably is trying to
    compare two different formats. I will turn this over to someone else. I
    thought it might have only been a error with the combo box reference. The
    only other thing I can possibly think as a try is to use

    "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = " & [Combo87]

    "Chey" wrote:

    > okay that didn't make any sense. Why would this have worked before with a
    > text but does not work with a date? I didn't use the wizard with the combo
    > box. I also have the combo box in the form header, along with the vendor
    > number combo box.
    >
     
  10. Chey

    Chey
    Expand Collapse
    Guest

    Thanks, that will be great.

    "default105" wrote:

    > First off, what I posted does make sense if you used a wizard but as I see
    > this is not your situations. I say that it is a formatting issue because as
    > you said it was text before and now it is date. Probably is trying to
    > compare two different formats. I will turn this over to someone else. I
    > thought it might have only been a error with the combo box reference. The
    > only other thing I can possibly think as a try is to use
    >
    > "[tblGrantCompletion.theMonth] = " & [Combo87]
    >
    > "Chey" wrote:
    >
    > > okay that didn't make any sense. Why would this have worked before with a
    > > text but does not work with a date? I didn't use the wizard with the combo
    > > box. I also have the combo box in the form header, along with the vendor
    > > number combo box.
    > >

    >
     
Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

    Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution     



Share This Page