• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Fear Of God

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Balbir Singh ji

Satsriakal!
Thanks for the reply !

It good to know that you are writing book

Have you already written any book ? if yes what the name /title

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Saach Kahou Sun Laih Sabhai
Jin Prem Kio Tin Hi Prabh Paio

Guru Gobind Singh carved a golden path to blessedness for us; a sublime culture which is a sure path to blessedness. He planted the banner of Truth, the banner of Divine Peace and Universal Love, the banner of Righteousness and True Dharma and the banner of the Eternal Glory of Lord's Nam.

When mind and body are offered at the lotus feet of the beloved Satguru they are purified. With body attired in His identity, in His proud uniform and with mind rolling at His holy feet both mind and body are controlled by the Divine. The mind remains dyed with the Nectar of the Divine Name and the body performs only pure and heroic deeds.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Translation from Dr Sant Singh Khalsa.

Page 950:
As fire purifies metal,

so does the Fear of the Lord eradicate the filth of evil-mindedness.

O Nanak, beautiful are those humble beings, who are imbued with the Lord's Love. || 1 ||

……………..

Page 1380; (When the Fear of God fills the body, it becomes thin; the blood of greed departs from within. Just as metal is purified by fire, the Fear of God removes the filthy residues of evil-mindedness. )

This is interesting from Baba Farid ji. He says something and it can lead doubt being left in the mind of Sikhs. So Guru Amardas ji clarifies Baba Farid’s sloak.

Fareed, not even a drop of blood would issue forth, if someone cut my body. Those bodies which are imbued with the Lord - those bodies contain no blood. || 51 ||

THIRD MEHL: This body is all blood; without blood, this body could not exist. Those who are imbued with their Lord, do not have the blood of greed in their bodies.

When the Fear of God fills the body, it becomes thin; the blood of greed departs from within. Just as metal is purified by fire, the Fear of God removes the filthy residues of evil-mindedness.

O Nanak, those humble beings are beautiful, who are imbued with the Lord's Love. || 52 ||
Re: Doing PAATH or SIMRAN out of fear

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!
Dear all!

Please listen. Guru Raam Daas Jee is singing.
ijsu AMqru ihrdw suDu hY myrI ijMduVIey iqin jin siB fr suit Gqy rwm ]
"Jis antaru hirdaa sudhu hai mayree jinduReeay tini jani sabhi dar suTi ghate raam." SGGS Ang 540-19
Whose inner heart is pure, from those people all fears Raam throws off.

May I ask if preachers and translators do not include God's fear, in the above mentioned 'all fears'?
Are the persons still impure in hearts who are realizing any kind of fear within?

This is another glaasee of spiritual Truth from Guru Naanak Dev Jee. Please drink it.

fr cUky ibnsy AMiDAwry ]
"Dar chooke binse andhiaare."

pRgt Bey pRB purK inrwry ]
"Paragt bhae parabh purakh niraare." SGGS 1077-13

Balbir Singh

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Balbir ji,
You should give standard translations as well even if you feel that your translation does not match the one that is given in your book.

In anycase , we shall have to refer to Tikka of Sahib singh ji.

Request from a MOD. Dear Friend your efforts are really apprectiable when you quote from various sources in your post Kindly take some time in
1) formating the text in some editor like WORD before pasting
2)edit the whole passge to give apporpiate gaps
3) scale various text to same size and also same Font

It just make your post more readable and I have tried doing this to your post .I hope you will like the suggestions

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ang 950:

As fire purifies metal, so does the Fear of the Lord eradicate the filth of evil-mindedness.
O Nanak, beautiful are those humble beings, who are imbued with the Lord’s Love. || 1 ||

"We know gurbani, as we read it everyday and find suitable quotes according to our own convenience or occasion. But if we know, what we say, then why do we do all wrong things in our life? If the Fear of the Lord eradicate the filth of evil-mindedness, then why are not we purified during our whole life? We say a lot of things to convince others that we know all, but do we follow?
I think we read gurbani because we enjoy it and not due to fear. These are my views."

Quoted from Sikhnet as per the link provided above.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
pIpw pRxvY prm qqu hY siqguru hoie lKwvY ]2]3] (695-15, DnwsrI, Bgq pIpw jI)
Peepaa prays, the Lord is the supreme essence; He reveals Himself through the True Guru. ||2||3||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

ਜਤੁ ਪਾਹਾਰਾ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਸੁਨਿਆਰੁ
जतु पाहारा धीरजु सुनिआरु ॥
Jaṯ pāhārā ḏẖīraj suni*ār.
Let self-control be the furnace, and patience the goldsmith.
ਅਹਰਣਿ ਮਤਿ ਵੇਦੁ ਹਥੀਆਰੁ
अहरणि मति वेदु हथीआरु ॥
Ahraṇ maṯ vėḏ hathī*ār.
Let understanding be the anvil, and spiritual wisdom the tools.
ਭਉ ਖਲਾ ਅਗਨਿ ਤਪ ਤਾਉ
भउ खला अगनि तप ताउ ॥
Bẖa*o kẖalā agan ṯap ṯā*o.
With the Fear of God as the bellows, fan the flames of tapa, the body's inner heat.
ਭਾਂਡਾ ਭਾਉ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਤਿਤੁ ਢਾਲਿ
भांडा भाउ अम्रितु तितु ढालि ॥
Bẖāʼndā bẖā*o amriṯ ṯiṯ dẖāl.
In the crucible of love, melt the Nectar of the Name,
ਘੜੀਐ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਚੀ ਟਕਸਾਲ
घड़ीऐ सबदु सची टकसाल ॥
Gẖaṛī*ai sabaḏ sacẖī taksāl.
and mint the True Coin of the Shabad, the Word of God.
ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰਮੁ ਤਿਨ ਕਾਰ
जिन कउ नदरि करमु तिन कार ॥
Jin ka*o naḏar karam ṯin kār.
Such is the karma of those upon whom He has cast His Glance of Grace.
ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰੀ ਨਦਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲ ॥੩੮॥
नानक नदरी नदरि निहाल ॥३८॥
Nānak naḏrī naḏar nihāl. ||38||
O Nanak, the Merciful Lord, by His Grace, uplifts and exalts them. ||38||

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ
सिरीरागु महला १ ॥
Sirīrāg mehlā 1.
Siree Raag, First Mehl:

ਆਵਹੁ ਭੈਣੇ ਗਲਿ ਮਿਲਹ ਅੰਕਿ ਸਹੇਲੜੀਆਹ
आवहु भैणे गलि मिलह अंकि सहेलड़ीआह ॥
Āvhu bẖaiṇė gal milah ank sahėlṛī*āh.
Come, my dear sisters and spiritual companions; hug me close in your embrace.

ਮਿਲਿ ਕੈ ਕਰਹ ਕਹਾਣੀਆ ਸੰਮ੍ਰਥ ਕੰਤ ਕੀਆਹ
मिलि कै करह कहाणीआ सम्रथ कंत कीआह ॥
Mil kai karah kahāṇī*ā samrath kanṯ kī*āh.
Let's join together, and tell stories of our All-powerful Husband Lord.

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਭਿ ਗੁਣ ਅਉਗਣ ਸਭਿ ਅਸਾਹ ॥੧॥
साचे साहिब सभि गुण अउगण सभि असाह ॥१॥
Sācẖė sāhib sabẖ guṇ a*ugaṇ sabẖ asāh. ||1||
All Virtues are in our True Lord and Master; we are utterly without virtue. ||1||

ਕਰਤਾ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਤੇਰੈ ਜੋਰਿ
करता सभु को तेरै जोरि ॥
Karṯā sabẖ ko ṯėrai jor.
O Creator Lord, all are in Your Power.

ਏਕੁ ਸਬਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਜਾ ਤੂ ਤਾ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
एकु सबदु बीचारीऐ जा तू ता किआ होरि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Ėk sabaḏ bīcẖārī*ai jā ṯū ṯā ki*ā hor. ||1|| rahā*o.
I dwell upon the One Word of the Shabad. You are mine-what else do I need? ||1||Pause||

ਜਾਇ ਪੁਛਹੁ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਤੁਸੀ ਰਾਵਿਆ ਕਿਨੀ ਗੁਣੀ
जाइ पुछहु सोहागणी तुसी राविआ किनी गुणीं ॥
Jā*ė pucẖẖahu sohāgaṇī ṯusī rāvi*ā kinī guṇī.
Go, and ask the happy soul-brides, "By what virtuous qualities do you enjoy your Husband Lord?

ਸਹਜਿ ਸੰਤੋਖਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੀਆ ਮਿਠਾ ਬੋਲਣੀ
सहजि संतोखि सीगारीआ मिठा बोलणी ॥
Sahj sanṯokẖ sīgārī*ā miṯẖā bolṇī.
We are adorned with intuitive ease, contentment and sweet words.

ਪਿਰੁ ਰੀਸਾਲੂ ਤਾ ਮਿਲੈ ਜਾ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਣੀ ॥੨॥
पिरु रीसालू ता मिलै जा गुर का सबदु सुणी ॥२॥
Pir rīsālū ṯā milai jā gur kā sabaḏ suṇī. ||2||
We meet with our Beloved, the Source of Joy, when we listen to the Word of the Guru's Shabad." ||2||

ਕੇਤੀਆ ਤੇਰੀਆ ਕੁਦਰਤੀ ਕੇਵਡ ਤੇਰੀ ਦਾਤਿ
केतीआ तेरीआ कुदरती केवड तेरी दाति ॥
Kėṯī*ā ṯėrī*ā kuḏraṯī kėvad ṯėrī ḏāṯ.
You have so many Creative Powers, Lord; Your Bountiful Blessings are so Great.

ਕੇਤੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ
केते तेरे जीअ जंत सिफति करहि दिनु राति ॥
Kėṯė ṯėrė jī*a janṯ sifaṯ karahi ḏin rāṯ.
So many of Your beings and creatures praise You day and night.

ਕੇਤੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਰੂਪ ਰੰਗ ਕੇਤੇ ਜਾਤਿ ਅਜਾਤਿ ॥੩॥
केते तेरे रूप रंग केते जाति अजाति ॥३॥
Kėṯė ṯėrė rūp rang kėṯė jāṯ ajāṯ. ||3||
You have so many forms and colors, so many classes, high and low. ||3||

ਸਚੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਚੁ ਊਪਜੈ ਸਚ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਚਿ ਸਮਾਇ
सचु मिलै सचु ऊपजै सच महि साचि समाइ ॥
Sacẖ milai sacẖ ūpjai sacẖ meh sācẖ samā*ė.
Meeting the True One, Truth wells up. The truthful are absorbed into the True Lord.

ਸੁਰਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਪਤਿ ਊਗਵੈ ਗੁਰਬਚਨੀ ਭਉ ਖਾਇ
सुरति होवै पति ऊगवै गुरबचनी भउ खाइ ॥
Suraṯ hovai paṯ ūgvai gurbacẖnī bẖa*o kẖā*ė.
Intuitive understanding is obtained and one is welcomed with honor, through the Guru's Word, filled with the Fear of God.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚਾ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੁ ਆਪੇ ਲਏ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
नानक सचा पातिसाहु आपे लए मिलाइ ॥४॥१०॥
Nānak sacẖā pāṯisāhu āpė la*ė milā*ė. ||4||10||
O Nanak, the True King absorbs us into Himself. ||4||10||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 03

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ
सिरीरागु महला १ ॥
Sirīrāg mehlā 1.
Siree Raag, First Mehl:

ਭਲੀ ਸਰੀ ਜਿ ਉਬਰੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੁਈ ਘਰਾਹੁ
भली सरी जि उबरी हउमै मुई घराहु ॥
Bẖalī sarī je ubrī ha*umai mu*ī gẖarāhu.
It all worked out-I was saved, and the egotism within my heart was subdued.

ਦੂਤ ਲਗੇ ਫਿਰਿ ਚਾਕਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਵੇਸਾਹੁ
दूत लगे फिरि चाकरी सतिगुर का वेसाहु ॥
Ḏūṯ lagė fir cẖākrī saṯgur kā vėsāhu.
The evil energies have been made to serve me, since I placed my faith in the True Guru.

ਕਲਪ ਤਿਆਗੀ ਬਾਦਿ ਹੈ ਸਚਾ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ॥੧॥
कलप तिआगी बादि है सचा वेपरवाहु ॥१॥
Kalap ṯi*āgī bāḏ hai sacẖā vėparvāhu. ||1||
I have renounced my useless schemes, by the Grace of the True, Carefree Lord. ||1||

ਮਨ ਰੇ ਸਚੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਭਉ ਜਾਇ
मन रे सचु मिलै भउ जाइ ॥
Man rė sacẖ milai bẖa*o jā*ė.
O mind, meeting with the True One, fear departs.

ਭੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਕਿਉ ਥੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
भै बिनु निरभउ किउ थीऐ गुरमुखि सबदि समाइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Bẖai bin nirbẖa*o ki*o thī*ai gurmukẖ sabaḏ samā*ė. ||1|| rahā*o.
Without the Fear of God, how can anyone become fearless? Become Gurmukh, and immerse yourself in the Shabad. ||1||Pause||

ਕੇਤਾ ਆਖਣੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਆਖਣਿ ਤੋਟਿ ਹੋਇ
केता आखणु आखीऐ आखणि तोटि न होइ ॥
Kėṯā ākẖaṇ ākẖī*ai ākẖaṇ ṯot na ho*ė.
How can we describe Him with words? There is no end to the descriptions of Him.

ਮੰਗਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਕੇਤੜੇ ਦਾਤਾ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਇ
मंगण वाले केतड़े दाता एको सोइ ॥
Mangaṇ vālė kėṯ*ṛė ḏāṯā ėko so*ė.
There are so many beggars, but He is the only Giver.

ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਜੀਅ ਪਰਾਣ ਹੈ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
जिस के जीअ पराण है मनि वसिऐ सुखु होइ ॥२॥
Jis kė jī*a parāṇ hai man vasi*ai sukẖ ho*ė. ||2||
He is the Giver of the soul, and the praanaa, the breath of life; when He dwells within the mind, there is peace. ||2||

ਜਗੁ ਸੁਪਨਾ ਬਾਜੀ ਬਨੀ ਖਿਨ ਮਹਿ ਖੇਲੁ ਖੇਲਾਇ
जगु सुपना बाजी बनी खिन महि खेलु खेलाइ ॥
Jag supnā bājī banī kẖin meh kẖėl kẖėlā*ė.
The world is a drama, staged in a dream. In a moment, the play is played out.

ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਮਿਲਿ ਏਕਸੇ ਵਿਜੋਗੀ ਉਠਿ ਜਾਇ
संजोगी मिलि एकसे विजोगी उठि जाइ ॥
Sanjogī mil ėksė vijogī uṯẖ jā*ė.
Some attain union with the Lord, while others depart in separation.

ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਸੋ ਥੀਐ ਅਵਰੁ ਕਰਣਾ ਜਾਇ ॥੩॥
जो तिसु भाणा सो थीऐ अवरु न करणा जाइ ॥३॥
Jo ṯis bẖāṇā so thī*ai avar na karṇā jā*ė. ||3||
Whatever pleases Him comes to pass; nothing else can be done. ||3||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਸਤੁ ਵੇਸਾਹੀਐ ਸਚੁ ਵਖਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਰਾਸਿ
गुरमुखि वसतु वेसाहीऐ सचु वखरु सचु रासि ॥
Gurmukẖ vasaṯ vėsāhī*ai sacẖ vakẖar sacẖ rās.
The Gurmukhs purchase the Genuine Article. The True Merchandise is purchased with the True Capital.

ਜਿਨੀ ਸਚੁ ਵਣੰਜਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਸਾਬਾਸਿ

जिनी सचु वणंजिआ गुर पूरे साबासि ॥
Jinī sacẖ vaṇaṇji*ā gur pūrė sābās.
Those who purchase this True Merchandise through the Perfect Guru are blessed.

ਨਾਨਕ ਵਸਤੁ ਪਛਾਣਸੀ ਸਚੁ ਸਉਦਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੧੧॥
नानक वसतु पछाणसी सचु सउदा जिसु पासि ॥४॥११॥
Nānak vasaṯ pacẖẖāṇsī sacẖ sa*uḏā jis pās. ||4||11||
O Nanak, one who stocks this True Merchandise shall recognize and realize the Genuine Article. ||4||11||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 04

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ
Siree Raag, First Mehl, Fourth House:

ਸੋਈ ਮਉਲਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਜਗੁ ਮਉਲਿਆ ਹਰਿਆ ਕੀਆ ਸੰਸਾਰੋ
He is the Master who has made the world bloom; He makes the Universe blossom forth, fresh and green.

ਆਬ ਖਾਕੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਰਹਾਈ ਧੰਨੁ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥੧॥
He holds the water and the land in bondage. Hail to the Creator Lord! ||1||

ਮਰਣਾ ਮੁਲਾ ਮਰਣਾ
Death, O Mullah-death will come,

ਭੀ ਕਰਤਾਰਹੁ ਡਰਣਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
so live in the Fear of God the Creator. ||1||Pause||

ਤਾ ਤੂ ਮੁਲਾ ਤਾ ਤੂ ਕਾਜੀ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਖੁਦਾਈ
You are a Mullah, and you are a Qazi, only when you know the Naam, the Name of God.

ਜੇ ਬਹੁਤੇਰਾ ਪੜਿਆ ਹੋਵਹਿ ਕੋ ਰਹੈ ਭਰੀਐ ਪਾਈ ॥੨॥
You may be very educated, but no one can remain when the measure of life is full. ||2||

ਸੋਈ ਕਾਜੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਆਪੁ ਤਜਿਆ ਇਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੀਆ ਆਧਾਰੋ
He alone is a Qazi, who renounces selfishness and conceit, and makes the One Name his Support.

ਹੈ ਭੀ ਹੋਸੀ ਜਾਇ ਜਾਸੀ ਸਚਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੋ ॥੩॥
The True Creator Lord is, and shall always be. He was not born; He shall not die. ||3||

ਪੰਜ ਵਖਤ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਹਿ ਪੜਹਿ ਕਤੇਬ ਕੁਰਾਣਾ
You may chant your prayers five times each day; you may read the Bible and the Koran.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਆਖੈ ਗੋਰ ਸਦੇਈ ਰਹਿਓ ਪੀਣਾ ਖਾਣਾ ॥੪॥੨੮॥
Says Nanak, the grave is calling you, and now your food and drink are finished. ||4||28||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad05
[only in English]
Siree Raag, First Mehl, Fifth House:

ang 25-18

• The Undeceiveable is not deceived by deception. He cannot be wounded by any dagger.
  • As our Lord and Master keeps us, so do we exist. The soul of this greedy person is tossed this way and that. ||1||
  • Without the oil, how can the lamp be lit? ||1||Pause||
  • Let the reading of your prayer book
be the oil and the Fear of God be the wick for the lamp of this body.
  • Light this lamp with the understanding of Truth. ||2||
Use this oil to light this lamp.
  • Light it, and meet your Lord and Master. ||1||Pause||
This body is softened with the Word of the Guru's Bani;
you shall find peace, doing seva (selfless service).
All the world continues coming and going in reincarnation. ||3||
  • In the midst of this world, do seva,
and you shall be given a place of honor in the Court of the Lord.
Says Nanak, swing your arms in joy! ||4||33||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad06
ang 29

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
[Sat Sangat-Holy Congregation]
  • The self-willed manmukhs are engrossed in emotional attachment; they are not balanced or detached.
  • They do not comprehend the Word of the Shabad. They suffer in pain forever, and lose their honor in the Court of the Lord.
  • The Gurmukhs shed their ego; attuned to the Naam, they find peace. ||1||

• O my mind, day and night, you are always full of wishful hopes.
  • Serve the True Guru, and your emotional attachment shall be totally burnt away; remain detached within the home of your heart. ||1||Pause||
  • The Gurmukhs do good deeds and blossom forth; balanced and detached in the Lord, they are in ecstasy.
  • Night and day, they perform devotional worship, day and night; subduing their ego, they are carefree.
  • By great good fortune, I found the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation; I have found the Lord, with intuitive ease and ecstasy. ||2||

• That person is a Holy Saadhu, and a renouncer of the world, whose heart is filled with the Naam.
  • His inner being is not touched by anger or dark energies at all; he has lost his selfishness and conceit.
  • The True Guru has revealed to him the Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; he drinks in the Sublime Essence of the Lord, and is satisfied. ||3||

• Whoever has found it, has done so in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Through perfect good fortune, such balanced detachment is attained.

The self-willed manmukhs wander around lost, but they do not know the True Guru. They are inwardly attached to egotism.
O Nanak, those who are attuned to the Shabad are dyed in the Color of the Lord's Name. Without the Fear of God, how can they retain this Color? ||4||8||41||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad07
ang 33

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
[True Guru Instils the Fear of God]
[Notes:]
[In the Granth sahib ji the word 'Guru' has been employed to express the 'Guru' and the 'Lord' Himself. It is with careful study that one comes to a meaning that is consonance with the sikh philosophy. The present shabad is also an example of the same. The creatures have been stated to be helpless at many places.
It is His grace that counts at the end of the day and one is blessed with all that is required to attain the high spiritual status.We are fortunate the for us Bani Is God Himself and we have 'Shabad guru' in the form of Granth sahib ji. Granth sahib Maharaah ji contains 'Dhur Ki bani' and is almost like the 'speech of God' or the 'word of God' or the 'shabad of god' and like wise. Sikhs are lucky to have such a divinity with them.]

• The Lord of the Universe is the Treasure of Excellence; His limits cannot be found.
  • He is not obtained by mouthing mere words, but by rooting out ego from within.
  • Meeting the True Guru, one is permeated forever with the Fear of God, who Himself comes to dwell within the mind. ||1||
  • O Siblings of Destiny, one who becomes Gurmukh and understands this is very rare.
  • To act without understanding is to lose the treasure of this human life. ||1||Pause||
  • Those who have tasted it, enjoy its flavor; without tasting it, they wander in doubt, lost and deceived.
  • The True Name is the Ambrosial Nectar; no one can describe it.
  • Drinking it in, one becomes honorable, absorbed in the Perfect Word of the Shabad. ||2||
  • He Himself gives, and then we receive. Nothing else can be done.
  • The Gift is in the Hands of the Great Giver. At the Guru's Door, in the Gurdwara, it is received.
  • Whatever He does, comes to pass. All act according to His Will. ||3||
  • The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is abstinence, truthfulness, and self-restraint. Without the Name, no one becomes pure.
  • Through perfect good fortune, the Naam comes to abide within the mind. Through the Shabad, we merge into Him.
  • O Nanak, one who lives in intuitive peace and poise, imbued with the Lord's Love, obtains the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||4||17||50||

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Shabad 08

ang 35

[Notes: Those who understand the Guru's shabad are filled with the Fear of Lord that is essential for the devotional worship without which attaining the highest goal is stated to be difficult. Those who understand the word of guru shabad are blessed with the spiritual wealth.The term 'Guru's shabad' is everything stated by Guru and in the context would stand for complying with the various edicts contained in the Granth sahib that contains the word of God. If we Consider the Lord as the Supreme Guru even then it shall stand to logic that Guru word is bani.It is as per the understanding that I have obtained.]

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
  • Those who contemplate the Word of the Guru's Shabad are filled with the Fear of God.
  • They remain forever merged with the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation; they dwell upon the Glories of the True One.
  • They cast off the filth of their mental duality, and they keep the Lord enshrined in their hearts.
  • True is their speech, and true are their minds. They are in love with the True One. ||1||
  • O my mind, you are filled with the filth of egotism.
  • The Immaculate Lord is eternally Beautiful. We are adorned with the Word of the Shabad. ||1||Pause||
  • God joins to Himself those whose minds are fascinated with the True Word of His Shabad.
  • Night and day, they are attuned to the Naam, and their light is absorbed into the Light.
  • Through His Light, God is revealed. Without the True Guru, understanding is not obtained.
  • The True Guru comes to meet those who have such pre-ordained destiny. ||2||
  • Without the Name, all are miserable. In the love of duality, they are ruined.
  • Without Him, I cannot survive even for an instant, and my life-night passes in anguish.
  • Wandering in doubt, the spiritually blind come and go in reincarnation, over and over again.
  • When God Himself bestows His Glance of Grace, He blends us into Himself. ||3||
  • He hears and sees everything. How can anyone deny Him?
  • Those who sin again and again, shall rot and die in sin.
  • God's Glance of Grace does not come to them; those self-willed manmukhs do not obtain understanding.
  • They alone see the Lord, unto whom He reveals Himself. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs find Him. ||4||23||56||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: