• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

FAQs About Sikhi

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
May be you are right.It should be atleast 3/4 times.I am not sure. Wahegur is satated in Swayee by Bhatts.[ poets.] I shall also have to look into to find out where exactly 'waheguru' has appeared. I think it should be in the second half and somewhere aroung ang 1400 +-30pages.

Regarding Nanak dev ji's meditating on wahegurr, I shall have to check .

I refer to above query.
As my source of information is only internet, I have to say that it should be some site that I got the information about 'waheguru' being the word that Guru nanak dev ji meditated upon. I am sorry that I cannot give the exact source.Anyone who has the authentic reference may kindly post here.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
God In sikhi

1. Sabaddrth Sri Guru Cranth Sahib. Amritsar, 1959
2. Jodh Sirigh, Bhai, Gurmafi Nimayn. Amritsar -.s.u, 1932
3. Pritam Sirigh, ed., Sikh Phalsaphe di Rup Re.khd. Amritsar, 1975
4. Sher Singh, The Philosophy of Sikhism.
LAHORE, 1944
5. Kapur Singh, Parasaraprasna. Ainritsar, 1989

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
The Sikh Identity and Constitution of IndiaA Case for Reviewing the Constitution
Dr. M. S. Rahi*
* M.S. Rahi, M.A., L.L.B., Ph.D., Advocate, Supreme Court & Punjab High Court, Chandigarh.

kindly Google out.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Need to Correct the Hindu Perception of Sikhism​
Dr. Jodh Singh*
* Dean, Faculty of Humanities & Religious Studies, Punjabi University, Patiala.

Pl. Google out.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
You are perfectly alright Jasleen ji in summing up sikhism in a line.
But still we do read and write and try to understand the way the things should be interpreted. We all do the same things irrespective of whether we are Hindus, sikhs or Muslims. We all do study what others feel as knowledge has no limits. This process continues till life ends.

There are some advantages of starting with a clean slate as well for one keeps on learning and accumulating. That edge Americans shall always have i.e clearing concepts and making their concepts without break till they are fully convinced about things.

I do believe that you do study just like the way we do. It may be different that you may not post here. I also do post only that I read sometime. I do not write as it is very time consuming for me on account of being poor in English.

I know you cannot say that you do not study.

Regards

Apr 4, 2007
You are perfectly alright Jasleen ji in summing up sikhism in a line.
But still we do read and write and try to understand the way the things should be interpreted. We all do the same things irrespective of whether we are Hindus, sikhs or Muslims. We all do study what others feel as knowledge has no limits. This process continues till life ends.

There are some advantages of starting with a clean slate as well for one keeps on learning and accumulating. That edge Americans shall always have i.e clearing concepts and making their concepts without break till they are fully convinced about things.

I do believe that you do study just like the way we do. It may be different that you may not post here. I also do post only that I read sometime. I do not write as it is very time consuming for me on account of being poor in English.

I know you cannot say that you do not study.

Regards

i did not say or imply anything about study. sorry if my message was confusing. it was intended to simplify things.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
All beings and creatures are His; He belongs to all” (Guru Granth Sahib, 425). Gurus furthermore preached to “Sing the Praise of the One, the Immaculate Lord; He is contained within all” (Guru Granth Sahib, 706). “The special feature of the Sikh of the Guru is that he goes beyond the framework of caste-classification and moves in humility. Then his labor becomes acceptable at the door of God” (Bhai Gurdas Ji, 1).

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Q: What does Sikhism say about believing in superstitions like crossing of the black cat, sneezing, lucky day, bad day or a good day?

Link as above

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: