• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Eyewitness Today: Gurbaksh Singh By Artistotle Ji In Amb Sahib

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SPN leader, artistotle ji, has taken some time off from school to travel to Amb Sahib where he joins throngs in support of Gurbaksh Singh. He is communicating with us by mobile device.

His eye-witness accounts will be posted here as he reports in. I personally thank him for giving permission to share on-the-ground informationd with our members. It is better than filtering it all through news accounts.

Godspeed to him. Gurprasaad!

21.12,2013 at 08:52 EST (-5UT)

artistotle ji

Khalsa Ji has not required oxygen ventillation today, though he is fatigued from the day's activities. So I didnt feel like talking to him unnecessarily. Met Bhai Lal Singh ( the Singh on parole) and Karnail S Peermohammad (AISSF) though. Sangat from Delhi & Ambala is present in large numbers today.

Attachments

• gsamb.jpg
    gsamb.jpg
    27.3 KB · Reads: 280
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
21.12.2013 09:25 EST (-5UT)

aristotle

Bibis from Sikh missionary college, Ludhiana are also present. Continuous jaap of Gurbani and Nitnem takes place throughout the time. Punjabi daily Pehredaar has also set up a stall. During the evening hours Gatka and songs of Bir-ras were being played.

But the contribution of SGPC is nil. Bhai Sahib's struggle is not even mentioned in the Ardas. Besides, SGPC has refused to allow more than 3 tents in the Gurdwara ground where Bhai Sahib is present.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
21.12.2013 10:48 EST (-5UT)

aristotle

What is the most surprising thing is that there are no 'seva societies' or 'welfare committees' present here to prepare Langar or tea for the Singhs, otherwise we can see them organising Langars at the drop of a hat elsewhere.....

Also, Singhs are braving the spine chilling cold as there is no heating arrangement, an open-air bonfire has been prepared.....

11:51 EST (-5UT)

aristotle

A Singh had donated a dining table and gas cylinder. Plus we bought the supplies and firewood from the market. But no Pardhans or socities are to be seen anywhere.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
It dawned on me that it might be very hard to prepare food for those outside because Gurbaksh himself is not eating. It is often hard to eat when someone else, especially a loved one, cannot eat for medical reasons. I am thinking of friends of mine who stayed by the side of another friend who in his last days could not even take food by a tube in his mouth. He had Lou Gerhig's syndrome and could not swallow. Even his caretaker could not eat, even in a different part of the house. So that could be the reason. It may feel wrong to them. They cannot bear to do it.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks because it is true.

Also..... forum members, this thread is for your information. Please feel free to comment and ask aristotle ji questions. He is on the spot to give your a first-hand reply.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
22.23.2014 6:50 EST -5 UT

aristotle

It has rained intermittently since yesterday evening, and the cold has taken its grip. Please pray for good health of Khalsa Ji.

22.12.2013 06:39 EST UT

aristotle

*pardon it was Punjab University, Chandigarh not Pbi University, Patiala

Edit

22.12.2013 06:17 EST -5 UT

aristotle

Sangat from Banga, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar and students of Punjabi University, Patiala have arrived today in large numbers. Sangat from parts of Haryana is also expected to reach here by evening. Bhai Sahib is in Charhdikala.

22.23.2013 02:57 EST -5UT

aristotle

Sangat has been arriving in large numbers since morning. Marches from different cities are expected to reach Amb Sahib today. Bhai Sahib experienced some breathing discomfort today and regular medical checkup was done.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Aristotle Ji, how is health of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Ji? I read on news that he was requiring oxygen supplementation. I am so very much hoping that the government does the right thing soon, because I fear that his time will not be much longer - the toll must already be so hard on his body. I am doing Ardas for him, and for his cause.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Just a thread update.... The current time as of my writing is around 0253 New Delhi time. It would now be the middle of the night, and according to aristotle ji, he would be leaving Amb Sahib come daylight hours.

I believe he will be checking back on the thread to give his perspective; however, he won't be at Amb Sahib much longer unless there is a change of plans.

Bhai ji's health status may need to be checked via other media. I just don't know. The thread will stay open for questions.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
I just left Amb Sahib. Bhai Sahib is in Charhdikala but the hunger strike is certainly taking toll on his health. He is experiencing frequent bouts of suffocation and fatigue.

Meanwhile, Sangat in India and abroad is supporting the cause in huge numbers, which is encouraging as there isn't any coverage by the mainstream Indian media and the SGPC & Jathedars too have been dissapointing in their attitude.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: