• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Excessive Cleanliness Increases Your Risk Of Illness

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Excessive Cleanliness Increases your Risk of Illness

Excessive Cleanliness Increases your Risk of Illness | Vamban News

London, April 17 – Excessive cleanliness which creates a sterile environment has led to soaring rise in allergies, a study has found.

According to Guy Delespesse, director of the Laboratory for Allergy Research at the University of Montreal, the hike in allergies is due to our obsession with cleanliness.

In 1980, 10 percent of the Western population suffered from allergies. Today, it is 30 percent. In 2010, one in 10 children is said to be asthmatic, and the mortality rate has increased 28 percent between 1980 and 1994, reports dailymail.co.uk.

‘There is an inverse relationship between the level of hygiene and the incidence of allergies and autoimmune diseases.The more sterile the environment a child lives in, the higher the risk he or she will develop allergies or an immune problem in their lifetime,’ he said.

‘Consuming probiotics during pregnancy could help reduce allergies in the child. They are not a miracle remedy, yet they are one of many elements that improve our diet and our health,’ said Guy Delespesse.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
sure jios..IMMUNITY is created via INTERACTION with Germs..so IF we KILL all the Germs..where is the interaction ?? so when the Germs get the chance..they strike !! Thats simply becasue the Germs are EVERYWHERE..BUT our "cleanliness" cant be "everywhere".
The other day i read that in a survey it was discovered that Shopping Trolley Handles were the most Heavily infected with various types of Germs...and all those "cleaniless freaks of mums" who use dettol like water in their homes...are the ones who put their toddlers onto these trollies..and the toddlers happpily LICK those HANDLES !! like no tomorrow..ha ha ha

When I visited Punjab, Madha Pardesh, Uttar Pardesh, bihar, Assam..I saw children crawling in the Gali slum walkways full of all kinds of excreta/dirt/rotting rats etc etc etc..and they were putting their fingers into their mouths and all...i think those children will be STRONGER ( those that SURVIVE) than those DETTOL bathing kids in Malaysia who lick trolley handles in shopping Malls that look so...........CLEAAAAAAAAAAAN !!

With the H1N1 and all..i seriously AVOID touching elevator buttons..handrails of stairs, escalators, atm machines , door handles in public places...etc etc...as MUCH as POSSIBLE..it has to be a Very CONSCIOUS EFFORT !! I hope i just dont become another MONK (TV series hero who is excessively clean phobic)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Public sanitation, indoor toilets, water purification systems on large and small scale both private and municipal, cleaning solutions loaded with antibacterials, antibacterial soap, washing your vegetables before you eat them, what else should be on the list? None of this was available in even the most technologically developed countries or the most affluent until the 20th Century. Many people had to be convinced before 1940 to bring their toilets inside, in the country and in the city. Before that there were outhouses, chamber pots, and latrines. Now I cannot live without any of this. How did the human race survive all these last several million years?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Right Gyaniji,

when we were young we used to drink simple tap water. Now we drink RO treated water. So whenever I happen to drink tap water I promptly fall ill. But I notice that people who cannot afford RO water, continue to drink same tap water and rarely fall ill.

harbans Ji,
Gurfateh.

When i was about to visit India for the first time..i was warned against eating..drinking at roadside stalls etc..especially against drinking naythign in delhi except the bottled drinks..i IGNOREd all and never fell sick any time..
WHY ?? because even though i can afford it..i drink tap water...in the Pind i drank water coming out form the tube well..who cares to investigate what contaminates that contains ??

Its better to be "sick" a little bit and acquire IMMUNITY..than to eb super clean and get whacked...anyway..its all in HIS HANDS..ultimately ?? isnt it...so let things be...Chardeekalla Jios

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Public sanitation, indoor toilets, water purification systems on large and small scale both private and municipal, cleaning solutions loaded with antibacterials, antibacterial soap, washing your vegetables before you eat them, what else should be on the list? None of this was available in even the most technologically developed countries or the most affluent until the 20th Century. Many people had to be convinced before 1940 to bring their toilets inside, in the country and in the city. Before that there were outhouses, chamber pots, and latrines. Now I cannot live without any of this. How did the human race survive all these last several million years?

Now, I have a tele which I watch while sitting on the throne feeling high and mighty. I wish I had a seat warmer during the winter times.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Now, I have a tele which I watch while sitting on the throne feeling high and mighty. I wish I had a seat warmer during the winter times.

:thinkingkudi::coolkudi::blinkingkudi: LOL .....You are talking nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thinkingkudi: You live in Las Vegas. How cold can it get?????? All this cleanliness has turned us into weaklings.

have you guys ever noticed sometimes it's all in the mind....when you think you are gonna get sick...you actually end up sick...but if you dont think too much about it then you end up alright...or if you think you are going to be sick the next day but push it back and go out to do an activity then you end up fine the next day?

am I alone here in this experience?

kinda like the reverse of a Placebo effect.

Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
have you guys ever noticed sometimes it's all in the mind....when you think you are gonna get sick...you actually end up sick...but if you dont think too much about it then you end up alright...or if you think you are going to be sick the next day but push it back and go out to do an activity then you end up fine the next day?

am I alone here in this experience?

kinda like the reverse of a Placebo effect

Sinister ji,

Methinks you are right!:thinkingmunda:

jycemrsh

SPNer
Apr 21, 2010
Our body develops the immune based on our daily routine, like a person who works in the mines will have developed immunity against the dust, but a person working in an office won't. When you resort to excessive cleanliness, it becomes a point that the immune of the body becomes used of such cleanliness, so when you come across some conditions that you are not normally used to, the body is not able to react timely.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM