• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Evangelicals

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes, I have many times, Sagefratobatik ji!

How I react depends on several factors. If I am really busy and don't have time to talk, I just accept their brochures and say thank you very much. I can't talk right now. And I shut the door. Bing, bang, boom.

If I am not in a rush or under pressure, I do the same thing, but am much nicer about it.

Always remember this -- if you reject the preaching of an evangelist, you are really making their day. They are more motivated, not less motivated, by the belief that "the world needs to hear them preach the word of ....." So you are proof of that when you just move away, shut the door, refuse to have a long talk about things. So don't feel bad about it. You are actually making their day.:cool:

Also, think about changing the title of the thread to Evangelists. Evangelicals are members of a particular path within Protestant Christian churches. They are not typically ones to go door to door. Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons are not Evangelicals. These are very different religions. If you want me to help you change the thread title, please ask me and I will help out.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
has anyone had evangelicals or Mormons or Jehova Witnesses come to your door or ask you to come to church? If so how did you react?
i would invite them to the gurudwara :{;o: FREE FOOD :happy:
OR ask them what a church is... why they want u to come... what is a church for... what does a church mean...why can't u stay home and do whatever ur gona do in church...

seriously, though, i had one aproach me on the street and i did exactly wut aadji did, took the pamphlet and said thank you

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
aaaD002 (a.k.a.: Antonia ji)
I hate to admit that I did somethong so mean :rolleyes:, but I used to owrk until 1:00Am - or later - as a Chef and Restaurant Manager, and they (the Jehovahs Wittnesses) woke me up at 9:00AM one Sunday Morning - after a particularly long night of serving up parties and heavy regular busniess too - so I decided to have a little 'evil' fun with their heads; though I should probably be ashamed of myself for it, as I don't like criticizing other peoples Good Intentions - even if I don;t agree with their tactics.
Thus, I invited THEM in to MY HOME - indicating that, "I and my familly (a lie, I'm a single bachelor - still) we're just about to sacrifice a Cat to Baal; would you care to take part in out blessed sacriment?" - all stern and serious like ;). Oh, to have some YouTube footage of the look :eek: on their faces!!!!
I'd like to say that they left me alone after that; but they - and other Christian Groups - have give me more than a little evidence that they've set out to take advantage of my Disabled Medical Condition to mess with me back, over the last several years.
And they Preach that "Vengence is Gods alone!"
I guess I sorta deserved SOME payback - but not altering by having Christians at the Hospital alter my Medical Charts!!!
I need a Good Lawyer, and the A.C.L.U.!!!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
JimRinX ji

No problem. My husband does stuff like that and is proud of it. You can tell that I am a pretty tolerant person. :)

May 14, 2008
Yes, I have many times, Sagefratobatik ji!

How I react depends on several factors. If I am really busy and don't have time to talk, I just accept their brochures and say thank you very much. I can't talk right now. And I shut the door. Bing, bang, boom.

If I am not in a rush or under pressure, I do the same thing, but am much nicer about it.

Always remember this -- if you reject the preaching of an evangelist, you are really making their day. They are more motivated, not less motivated, by the belief that "the world needs to hear them preach the word of ....." So you are proof of that when you just move away, shut the door, refuse to have a long talk about things. So don't feel bad about it. You are actually making their day.:cool:

Also, think about changing the title of the thread to Evangelists. Evangelicals are members of a particular path within Protestant Christian churches. They are not typically ones to go door to door. Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons are not Evangelicals. These are very different religions. If you want me to help you change the thread title, please ask me and I will help out.

My bad. Go ahead and change it if you feel its necessary. :)

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
We used to have a similar problem when I was younger. I have to confess to something. What I eventually did was collect a bunch of free booklets and pamplets on Islam (they were giving them away) and whenever they would drop off a magazine to read I would give them one and say please return and we'll discuss. None of them ever returned......

That was like 15 years ago though.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
We used to have a similar problem when I was younger. I have to confess to something. What I eventually did was collect a bunch of free booklets and pamplets on Islam (they were giving them away) and whenever they would drop off a magazine to read I would give them one and say please return and we'll discuss. None of them ever returned......

That was like 15 years ago though.
I only you had done that using pamphlets on Sikhism... :inca:

:}{}{}:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM