Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Early white converts to sikhism

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by catsagdn, Nov 25, 2006.

1. catsagdn

catsagdn
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hi
    I am looking for information about whites converting to Sikhism before the 1970's via Yogi Bhajan. I know that Ranjit Singh employed European and American officers in his army, and it has been recorded that these western recruits wore beards and turbans while they were in Ranjit Singh's army; even though there are no recordings of any of the western recruits converting to sikhism.
    I would greatly apprieciate it if someone will give me any historical information about any white man becoming a sikh before Yogi Bhajan came to the United States in the 1970's.
    Thank You
    Here are two photos of Alexander Gardiner; an American who served under Ranjit Singh, he never converted to Sikhism even though he wore a beard and a turban like a sikh.
    Sikh Cyber Museum - Places
    Sikh Cyber Museum - Places

----------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------

2. Loading...